Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. angel's tears

angel's tears New Member

i vote for PS2. you could watch dvd on it and also play a lot of games.

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I vote PS2. The controller is comfortable to hold. The X-box controller is really bulky and huge, I really get discouraged. PS2 is Japanese made and there are a lost of RPG titles for the PS2 like Grandia 2, Grandia Xtreme, Final Fantasy x, x-2, Disgaea: Hour of Darknes.....

3. SwordfishII

SwordfishII New Member

im not an X-box fanboy or anything(accually i have all 3 major systems)but xbox is superior to ps2 and gamecube it has better online games that both put together its way stronger and just awsome(psst dont tell anyone but i acually like the big xbox controller) Halo owns all!! and half life2 and doom 3 and halo 2 coming soon

4. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

I say PS@ because many good games, nice controller, easy to use, DVD player, and Sony is just cool. How can you trust Bill Gates with a bideo game console?!?

5. tysothegreat

tysothegreat New Member

gamecube rules all with an iron fist. what other system can play supermonkey ball, ssbm, and link. and the fact that it can play gba games on it is just great. o yea

6. single spark

single spark New Member

i'd have to go with PS2. it has lots of game,user-friendly and can play lots of dvd. and i guess i just got used to the ps and ps one....

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I'd honestly like to find someone who doesn't consider a console user friendly, its not like theres an overly complex setup method.

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I go for ps2. its like the perfect console. X box? They over powered it....its like a fat kid running against a baseball player.
    Game cube? Nah!

9. jindo

jindo New Member

:D now that's funny. This is one of those topics that it never ends. Each consoles have it's own exclusive games that are excellent.

10. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

i like ps2 the best because it has alot of games and can play the ps1 games on it to

11. zero35

zero35 New Member

if it was just up to me i would chose all of them cuz the cube is so
    small and the x box has a cool controller but the ps2 has the
    coolest games, no offense to anyone that like gamecube or x box

12. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Gamecube all the way. Best games. Best prices(games cannot be copied, making them cheaper). Best design. Best service. Best company.

13. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I'll go with GameCube, simply because I own one. :p No, I like the games, as they are original and whatnot, and the controller is the same basic type I have always used (Nintendo fan, not loyalist). I will agree, however, that the PS2 has some of the best games out there. Especially since Square isn't doing hardly a thing with Nintendo anymore (Nintendo pissed Square off somehow, don't ask why). So, there's my opinion, which is ever so important. Right. :p

14. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

PS2 is best because it has more games than GC and X-box.

and some of the game in X-Box are in ps2. X-box and GC games are little.

X-box's games are boring and unfamous. GC has a little games are famous.

PS2 has too much games some good , some boring. but don't forgot PS2 has square soft games, and these games are the best.

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

So in other words, sheer numbers and more advertising = better?

16. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Each of the consoles has their pros and cons, and one of main things I've noticed is that each console has their own genre of game in which they reign supreme (or almost).

Now, I'm a big RPG fan, so out of the three consoles, I'd choose PS2. I can play my old PSX games on it, and it has a good deal of new RPGs. What I also like about the PS2 is smooth graphics and the terribly comfortable controller.

17. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm a squaresoft fan, actually square games are the only ones that I find time to play so you know where my vote is.

Although you can't really judge a console as being better than another because all of them have their strong points and good games. I haven't play Game Cube but I'm sure it has tonnes of great games and with X-box I went crazy with Halo when I first played it.. Although I was raised with Sony, so I prefer it for that reason also.. now if I grew up with Nintendo consoles I would prefer those too. Although I didn't have a computer even until I was in grade 7, and my brother got a playstation when I was in grade 9. Now if my parents gave me a Nintendo when I were younger I could see myself leaning towards that brand.

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You only have time for large RPGs?:confused:

Aren't they... the... largest sort of game...

I don't get it.

19. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

I choose gamecube
    i am a nintendo person
    i like ps2 second mainly because of the large supply of games and final fantasy games
    but my favorite is gamecube because i am a nintendo person

1 person likes this.
  20. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

I totally agree with you. I'm obsessed with Xbox and Halo/Halo 2. I like the color of the xbox. I have 70 reasons why Xbox is better, but I'm not gonna name em all.

My xbox has never crashed. I love it too much for it to crash. I don't understand how people get their xbox to crash......

Graphics, have you people noticed that the xbox has the prettiest game water than any other console? Games like Halo require really good graphics, and xbox has it all!
    :D

1 person likes this.