Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

shenlong_nk: no, a pc is NOT a console. i reapeat NOT a console.
    and, yes, why WOULD u buy a x-box when u have a pc?

*eyes phalanx evily: YOU. Dare you show your face again after stealing MY avatar?! I had to CHANGE my avatar because of you! BEGONE! NEVER RETURN!

nah man, just kidding:D

2. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I don't know I think PC should be up there. You see, gaming console have one sole purpose, and that is to play games, but since PS2 and X-Box both have the capability to play DVDs, CDs, and hold info on a harddrive, clearly dubbed them as a multi-purpose system (Thus a Computer), and not a gaming console. So in reality the only real gaming console on the market is the Game Cube, since it can't do jack ****, but play Game Cube games. Am I wrong?

3. Stos

Stos New Member

Yea you are probably right about that, but right now PC is a PC and PS2 and XBOX are gaming consoles. Maybe when PS3 and the next Microsoft and Nintendo consoles come out than they will actually have PC games in leauge with those systems, but right now they are like two seperate identities. I do not know why thugh cus the PS2 are calling themselves a computer enterainment system and I think the XBOX is too.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

To cOke

Actually panasonic and Nintendo teaming up to put out a new type of game cube that can play dvd's, mp3's and do some other interesting features. The site that it was advertised on closed down, but i'll post a link if I find it. Its called the Q2 or something weird like that.

To blood_pheonix
    Ah go sit in a block of ice :D (J/K-ing)
    Just when do you get make a custom avatar?

5. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

NEC and Nintendo had announced they were collaborating. Not Panasonic.

See the Bloomberg article here .

6. Stos

Stos New Member

Kinryuu I am pretty sure Phalanx was talking about the GameCube and not the next Nintendo system. Nintendo and Panasonic are actually going to upgrade the GameCube with a whole new system. Here is a link to it Panasonic GameCube

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Yeah, I was talking about the game cube, not the next generation of consol games

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I never said PC 'WAS' a console, I merely said PC can be a competitor against the consoles and should therefore be included in that list.

And........ooo so sorry about me stealing your avatar :p

9. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

Ah. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

PS3 in my opinion...I think Sony announced the making of it as soon as X box came out (or it could be before...not sure), so I reckon it'll come out soonest.

"To-tal slaughter... to-tal slaughter... I won't leave a single man alive. La la la loo la, genoci-i-ide. Lee lee loo lee loo, an ocean of blood. Let's be-gin the killing time!" - 'Quote' - Vash The Stampede

11. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

PS2 cos ive never played on a gamecube and the controld on xbox confuzzled me!! plus its easyer on PS2

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

ORIGINAL NES...
    wait... that doesn't count here...
    MY PS2 THEN!!! ;)
    I love my PS2
    I only wanted it with 4 more things...
    texture compression 6:1...
    MP3 playback...
    VCD/SVCD playback...
    more memory

DAMMIT SONY!!!
    make the next PS easier to
    proggram for...
    stupid code:dizzy2:

DON'T GET ME WRONG I VOTED FOR PS2
    THE BEST CONSOLE I HAVE. X-BOX too MICRO$OFT
    and GAMECUBE = KIDDY GAMES

13. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

ohhh a PS3!!! ill wait for it, as long as its not a long wait cos im impatient

14. n15pca

n15pca New Member

X-box all the way. I mean x-box live. Not the mention the fact that they can take a pc game and make it just as good looking as the pc one. Not to metion also halo and soon halo 2.:)

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

For now, yeah. But that isn't too hard. Watch. In time, computers will advance. And they will have better looking games. Its happened before, it will happen again.

And, Halo was supposed to come out on PC first. And it still is going to come out on PC, its just taking forever to get here.

Also, in PCs argument...

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 (coming soon).:p

16. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

hey, u know the ps3, have any of u's heard, like, any news or rumours or anything about it?
    cause if u have, i would be real gratefull if u's would post telling us about it. same goes fo the new nintendo consol and x-box2.

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

damn, the new generation of stuff is already coming out?? Man, it used to take longer for new systems to come out (right?). I just hope they make a upgrade for GC so I wouldn't have to buy the new one.

For those who don't know, Nintendo is also gearing up to release it's classic racing game F-Zero racer for the GC (this summer I think). Here a site where you can get some screen shots. Check out the one under July 25th, 2002 called "Very pretty, Big City" and "Exaust effect"

18. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i was just reading this, and i thought to myself, people who like xbox are fooled by graphics. i have yet to play one xbox game i like. wow, its the most powerful, but its still a piece of poo. i prefer games with a good story line and characters and music i can get into. i dont care aBout graphics. AND FOR THE RECORD: HALO SUCKED!!!!!

19. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

The systems are divided by genre if you ask me,PS2=RPGs and fighting,Gamecube=Platformers,Xbox=action games.It all depends on preference,if you like RPGs you will like PS2,if you like Mario type games(platformers) than you will like Gamecube,and if you like action games,you will like X-Box.