Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

isnt halo coming out on pc?
    red faction 2 is pretty good.
    "Oh, I guess the PS2 has a external hard drive... that you have to pay extra for. Oh please, let me spend more money!"
    if i wanted to watch dvds, i would have to spend more money on the dvd pack.
    "Ok, and I would rather be playing Mechassault and Unreal Championship. So?"
    well, first off, unreal championship is unreal tournament 2003, and thats on pc
    and **** mechassault
    and splinter cell is just a shitty remake of the legendary metal gear series. plus it is on pc.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

XBox's internet service is also a yearly paid deal. Well, as far as I konw...which could be wrong...but whatever.

If you're lucky enough to have gotten an ethernet adapter for the PS2, then you got it for as long as you have an internet connection.

The advantage to the 'Net goes to PS2.

And *ALL* Xbox accessories cost, on the whole, at least 5 bucks more than any PS2 accessory. BUT, Xbox does come out on top with an included HDD, and some console-specific games. Then again, if Square don't actively pursue Xbox releases...then I really don't see myself standing up so much for the 'Box.

As it stands, I'll still stick right in the middle.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I think its too early to truly judge... I'd wait at least a year more.. especially now that the godly games, like Metroid Prime, are coming out...

4. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

also, i heard hat x-box NEEDS dail up to play over the net. thats ok for some people, but not for people like me. i also heard that PS2 is 56k compatible. sure it might lagg a bit, but it is still ok.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Xbox NEEDS "broadband". And your 56k *is* dial-up. :D It's okay though, probably a typo. In truth, so does PS2, though the ethernet adapter DOES come with a regular phoneline slot as well.

But, you seriously won't be able to play games like SOCOM and such, anyhow, since it says on the box that it's "PS2 Broadband" required.

6. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

DVD remote cost $30. How much is the external HDD going to be for PS2? Okay then.

And Unreal Championship is on PC, but UT2k3 runs like crap unless you have a $1500-$2000 PC. With Unreal CHampionship, I don't have to worry about lag or crappy framerates.

You can **** Mechassault if you want. But read the reviews. Some of the best multiplayer gaming out there right now.

And this is just an ignorant statement because you are without knowledge:
    "splinter cell is just a shitty remake of the legendary metal gear series."

And remember, none of these games will be on PS2...

7. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

****! typo, typo.

$40 dollars i heard.

Well, guess wat? It bloody is.

do u feel special. ps2 has alot of games that x-box doesnt have.

8. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

See my earlier posts. I don't feel like repeating myself.

9. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

screw this. this is going nowhere. different people like different things and we are just going around in circles. plus i started this forum to see which console was most prefered, and it is obvious that u like x-box the most, and thats cool, watever, im not gonna argue with you.

10. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

I concur.

11. Eva_001

Eva_001 New Member

well 4 me i have ps2 and i reckon thats the best. thefighting games r like TOTALLY improved, to the improvment of the ps
    like tekken 2's graphics, compare that 2 tekken 4 's graphics. theyve improved it a tonne.and theres games like,mgs2,doa2,dynasty tactics and way more.
    so thats y i like it :p :D

12. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol .. did you just realize that people have different opinions about certain things ? :p anyway, I prefer Playstation 2 because it has many entertaining games like Metal Gear solid 2, Frequency and Final Fantasy X. The other reason I prefer PS2 over gamecube and xbox is that we could use the games of PS1 on PS2.

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Not to start another argument, especially when it's against my favorite tomato :)...but MGS2 is out for Xbox. Metal Gear Solid 2: Integral is the original game, plus about a million more things you can do. There's a Snakeboarding game...and the fact that you can play as Snake in the Tanker mission. Oh, did I mention it looks as if you can play as the Ninja? :D It looks so freaking awesome at work...

14. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Pros, Cons, and other nifty lil shizzits!

PROS

PS2: Backed by Tekken. Beacked by Bemani series (DDR, Beatmania, et al.) Free internet support. USB Support, backwards compatability [PSOne] DVD support built in.

Cube: Compact, great games, internet support (Free?), PHANTASY STAR ONLINE, Interactivity with the wee lil GBA.

Box: MP3 Support, internet, some good games, PHANTASY STAR ONLINE. large HD inside. Pretty green colour.

CONS

PS2: NO PSO. Controllers are a wee bit awkward for the uninitiated. Memcards dont hold very much.

Cube: My first words were "How the hell do I hold this damned controller?" Tiny disks = lost games. Reputation for kiddy game system. No Bemani.

Box: Large controller may prove daunting for those with small hands. No free internet (from what i hear, it is a yearly contract.) Some hardware problems. Expensive. (Used Box = price of new Cube.) Made by Micro$oft. Boo microsoft. You are evil, a necessary evil, but evil nonetheless. No Bemani.

So even though they're all different, they're all good in their own way. And BP, Calling Splinter Cell a ripoff of MG isn't quite fair. SC has a higher degree of realism and difficulty, as with all Tom Clancy-based games.

15. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

Intergral?
    i thought it was Metal Gear Solid: SUBSTANCE?
    i dunno... maybe i heard wrong

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Izzy Izumi
    Oh, did I mention it looks as if you can play as the Ninja?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i heard that if u use the blade/ sword/ knife for a certain amount of time, ur costume changes to the one of the ninja

quote:
    Originally posted by ArchAngel Amada

And BP, Calling Splinter Cell a ripoff of MG isn't quite fair. SC has a higher degree of realism and difficulty, as with all Tom Clancy-based games.

i agree Tom Clancy games are good, but SC IS a bloody copy of MGS, dont matter what u think, but it is:mad:

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Okay, dammit, I'm going to triple check my freaking posts from here on. I hope. But yeah, it's SUBSTANCE. And I don't know about the certain requirements. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes like that or the other way too.

And I agree to a small extent that Splinter Cell is a copy of MGS. But, isn't that the best form of flattery? I like both, not equally, but each deserves its own fair share of limelight.

I think SP is a bit too slow though...like all Clancy games. No doubt that it's fun...I have GREAT fun with Ghost Recon and that game has VERY long missions.

MGS is my cup of tea though...but I guess it's what you prefer over the other. It's just faster feeling that SP. And there's also a point of being too real and stuff...I'd prefer to keep to some fantasy element, no matter how realistic it's becoming.

If I wanted real, I'll just walk outside and sign up for the CIA or SOCOM or something....shouldn't be that hard. ;)

17. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

I own an X-Box and therefore it's the best

18. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

u sound pissed, and i didnt mean to make u pissed, and i wasnt trying to proove u wrong (even though it might have sounded like it), ok? i was just telling u what i heard.

but WHY is it the best?

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Because Chucklehead is an egotistical person who can't come up with real reasons?

20. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

ROFL. Neph, thats harsh...

I must admit though, the X-Box's Jukebox dealy is impressive...my friend has like 15 cd's on it and it still got 50,000 blocks left on it!