RPG Archives Shadowrun: The Real World: RPG Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Stranger, Mar 18, 2004.

1. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The Real World: RPG Thread

Seattle, Washington. A sprawling city that is home to some six-million people. It is a center for trade (and espionage) between the Mega-corps who, on a unofficial basis, rule the world. The good, civilised people of Seattle spend much of their time uptown, oblivious that every aspect of their good "clean" lives is decided by the Mega-Corps black shadowrunner dealings downtown. It is here that a tale woven and played out in the shadows, begins.

Heinrich Thoroutooth, known to the locals simply as Switchblade, leaned back on his chair, sipping a cup of java. To the casual observer, he seemed to be half asleep, every now and then reaching up to rub his "lucky tooth." Actually, the old orc was waiting anixiously for the one they called Popov. Word on the street was that this Popov was the new "Fixer" on the block. Normally, Switchblade doesn't go for these new upstarts, but buisness was slow, especially with the new Lone Star Chief cracking down on runners. Frankly, Switchblade was desparate for the money, and even more desparate for something to do.

So here he waited, in a relatively upscale club, in the most downscale part of the slums imaginable. Various "civilised" people went about their buisness, but Switchblade could spot the dangerous one's among the crowd. The Shadowrunners just like him. No one he recognized, but the old orc stayed on his toes.

A drunk woman took the vacant dance floor as retro-techno music started playing. Two men followed her out, and pretty soon others joined in and started making complete drekheads of themselves. People started cheering from the balcony, pointing and laughing. Humans mostly, a few orcs mixed in with the crowd, an ogre in the corner. A bald and oddly completely shaven dwarf served drinks across the floor from where Switchblade sat.

2. Lea Re Davis, known better as Butterfly, pulled her Harley next to the dance club. She hopped off her bike.

<This looks like a good place to find work.> she thought to herself. She strode into the club like she owned the place.

Butterfly walked to the bar, and called to the dwarf bartender. "Hey! Give me a Bloody Mary!" she called to him flashing her trademark smile that took up her most of her face.

3. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The surly dwarf grunted in response. Reluctantly he made a "Bloody Mary" and slid it across the counter to Butterfly.

Switchblade shifted in his seat to get a better view of the loud woman. To humans, she must seem attractive. To the trained eye of one such as Switchblade, he knew a Shadowrunner when he saw one. The slight buldge in the girls jacket gave away the fact that she was armed with some impressive hardware. Then again, so were most Shadowrunners and gangstas nowadays. Suddenly becoming disinterested, Switchblade returned to his own drink.

4. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

Clive drove up in his Pickup and parked it in the alley. Not a fancy car but it get's around. His sniper hosited over on his back as he walked into the club. Looknig around aimlessly he took a seat in the middle of the bar where the tender was. "Roy Rogers." Not a man of drinking much but he loves his Roy Rogers. Waiting for his drink he turns around and whistles glancing at the faces.

5. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Riruka drew her cloak closely around her. It wasn't chilly in the city, but she shivered nonetheless. Seattle was strange to her. The people were stranger. She thought her appearance might draw some looks, but it hadn't. She had walked past the city from the forest and then doubled back. It had seemed like the thing to do at the time, but it had caused her to arrive in the city at night. Born without a SIN...She hadn't known what a SIN was until she had arrived in the city. The city was full of people and their SINs.

This part of the city was so dark. The people scared her. She looked for a safe place, and spotted a bright sign not so far down the street. It was a bar...but at least it wasn't as exposed as the street. Maybe she could find information here.

After the accident with her family, she had drifted towards the city. The City! It had held such attractions! It still did. But slowly, she was realizing that the city wasn't all that she had expected it to be.

She entered the establishment and approached the counter. She hesitated before speaking. "Uhm...uhm...e-excuse me..."

6. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The bald dwarf made a Roy Rogers and grumbled something about filthy arrogant "breeders" and handed it with the most fake smile to Clive. "Don't even think about skipping out without paying, 'wise you gonna have a chat with my big frien' ova da," the dwarf pointed to a large blank faced ogre standing near the exit.

He turned to regard the latest human girl to come to his bar. <Pretty lil' thang, wonda wha she doin in de city.> he thought to himself. The dwarf waddled over to where Riruka stood.

"Whaddaya wantin, lass?" he asked in all his surliness.

7. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Athena, codename Yuko, walked into the bar. It had been a long walk to the city and she had been thankful for the nightime cover. She desperately wanted to find a companion to travel with. She saw a human girl about to order something so she took a seat on a stool not to far from her but not right next to her either.

8. Meaikoh

Riruka was taken aback by the impressive man before her. Of course, a lot of people were impressive around here. What did she want? Well...

"I don't know..."

She really didn't know why she was here. She had followed a fairytale, like a child. Well, logically, she would need a safe place to sleep for the night.

"Can you tell me of a safe place to stay? I haven't got much money, but I think I could afford something small."

9. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The dwarf bartender let out a guttural laugh, "'Safe place ta stay'? You are in da *wrong* city if your look'in for something like dat."

He picked up a glass and started cleaning it with an overused wrag. "Can tell ya where you definately don't want ta stay, 'dou. Avoid any elf wear'in leatha' and ah red arm patch. Dou's be the Eye Fivers, nasty little gang, always on the lookout for you's type. Avoid abondoned buildings, 'cause odds are, dei ain't abondoned, filthy ghouls on the prowl an' all. Avoid the police, they called the Lone Star's round here. For a SINless, an' you looka like one, they as bad as the gangs. And you ain't stay'in here, either. My 'tablishment ain't no charity home." He put down his glass, and looked up. He looked frightened for a moment, and waddled away.

A young elf, handsome with slicked back hair, placed his elbow on the counter next to Riruka. Another elf, looking almost exactly like the former, did the same on the other side of Athena.

The first smiled innocently, almost drawing attention away from his red arm patch, spoke to Riruka"Ignore the pint size bald turd of a bartender. Haven't seen you around here. Two pretty girls in a place as harsh as this, its a rare thing."

The other, following his friend's lead, spoke softly to Athena, "We could show ya the sights, round town. Set you up with a place to stay if ya need one."

10. Meaikoh

"I didn't expect...to be able to stay here. I guess I'll find somewhere."

Then, those elves sidled over, and one of them sat next to her, leaning in close. Too close for comfort.

Riruka tensed up, but then forced her body to relax. A tense shamaness was a shamaness who would miss the opportune moment. She didn't move. "I think I'll stick with the pint size bald turd of a bartender, thanks."

There was no denying that these elves were handsome, but she knew that their motives probably weren't as attractive. As calmly as she could, she returned to her conversation with the bartender.

"I am...SINless...but how could you tell? I never knew what a SIN was myself before I heard about this city... Just why is a SIN important? How many people are without SIN?" she called out to him, although he had already wandered away. Rather quickly, she thought. Was he scared of these elves?

11. Butterfly scoffed at the dwarf, " Right back at ya, buddy." She picked up her drink and took a sip.

She watched the exchange between the girl and the bartender with a little interest. When the elves showed up, she finished her drink. <Could be trouble.> she thought to herself, recognizing gang members when she saw the elves. She inched closer, <I LOVE trouble.>

12. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Athena looked right at the elf and said, "I may be new around here but i know your type. No thanks." Than she got up and moved to sit next to the other human girl and whispered so she would only hear her, "I may not know much but i do know not to say aloud that you are a sinless. I'm a sinless as well and i know of a place we can stay for the night. You can trust me." than she looked up to the elf that was still there as well as the other she sighed... she really didn't want any trouble.

13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Raye started to re-organize the bottles of drinks, <this place is such a dump- I just need to wait for a couple more months..> she finished and started to take some of the dirty glasses to the back room and bumped into a dwarf. "I'm so sorry" she blushed. "I'm just not paying attention." She took her hand, wiped it on her pants, and offered it to the dwarf "You can call me Raye."

14. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

<OOC:I'm back from my Anime Convention =^_^= I have pictures to Meaik so I'll send you and Arc them like.........Monday or Tuesday>

Clive after taking his drink and finishing it slowly he just couldn't help it but hear over the dwarf,the lady, and the elves conversation. So with a keen smile he laughed at them and asked, "So, you think you think your so great. Well I'm in a mood for some action so would'a you say we fight huh? How about it?" Why was he doing this? The matter had nothing to do with him, but if he can get somethin<g exciting going on then it'll be fine for him.

15. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

One of the elves cast a cold, hard stare at Clive, the other broke out in mocking laughter. "Frag off, breeder," the first snapped at Clive. "The only reason your still standing is cause we are in a charitable mood. Don't push it, 'wise we are going to show you exactly *why* we, the elves, are so much greater than you, worm."

16. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

"Great..Greater? Hahaha." said Clive staggering off the stool. He walked towards them and tripped. He stood up brushing himself. "So, what are you going to do? spit on me ro something? You have no great power or strength." laughed Clive.

17. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

OOC: wow. a bunch of posts were lost but just to tell anyone im a hacker who works at a bar with <the stranger>

IC: Raye picked up the glasses she dropped and started to clean up, feeling quite embaressed. "Um... can you hand me the limes?" Raye started to make a tequila-dish. "So...um... who's your human friend?" Raye brushed her hair behind her ears. "Thinking of humans- I haven't seen when for the longest time, at least not in this city."

18. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The first elf sneered, suddenly amused by Clive's suggestion. Without warning, the elf spit directly into Clive's face. His friend buckled over with laughter.

The dwarf bartender ambled over to the other side of the bar, he just didn't want to get involved with the gangs... rather, he didn't like the prospect over the Eye Fivers coming back and shooting up his club. <Poor girl, innocence is a rare thing,> he thought to himself as he ignored Riruka and Raye.

The first elf composed himself, "Where were we, precious? Oh, yeah, you and your friend there were just about ready to take us up on our invitation to hang with high society for tonight."

19. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

Clive blinked as the spit hit him. He wiped it off with a cloth sitting on the table. "O no, we are not done here. First off leave them alone, if they say no then no." said Clive, not really interested in the problem but he wants payback for the spit. He pulled out two handguns and loaded them. Glaring at them he waited for their reaction.

20. Meaikoh

OOC: Good to see you back, Naga ^_^ But also, everyone, remember to turn off your sigs! W0007! Things are getting good!

IC:

Riruka stepped away from the gathering crowd of people. "I've never met any of you before...I'm nobody's friend here."

Her eyes flashed heatedly. Energy crackled around her as she cradled a small but growing fireball. "I just came here for information. Now leave me alone."

But would the elves have something that could stop her magic? Could that man win against them? What would happen to her? She'd never been in this kind of situation before. She kept the small flame cradled in her hand but didn't feed it any more energy. "I'm going to leave...So don't try and stop me."

OOC: Oh and Baphs- may run into your character soon if I succeed in getting away! ^_^