RPG Archives Shadowrun: The Real World: RPG Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Stranger, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Athena held back a grin and said, "Go ahead and leave if you want. I'll cover you, one who isn't my friend."

Athena than held her staff out and said, "Thank you kind sir for trying to help... but the best help right now is for us to show that when we say no we mean no" she than looked over to the girl and added,"I didn't mean to speak for you, one who is not my friend.

2. Darien

Darien Guest

Darien entered the club silently just as a girl with an ivory staff said her bit of a speech and he noted that another girl had a fireball. He recognized the two elves and said, "Hello boys. Not causing this nice bartender and his customers any trouble are you?"

3. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The elf who spit in Clives face laughed at Clive's challenge, seeming oblivous to Riruka's growing energy, "Your crazy I'll give you that. Crazy and stupid. See if you can't wrap this around your tiny brain, breeder. *We* are elve's and more than that, we are Eye Fivers, sucka! We own this city, and anything in it."

The other elf turned to face Darien, "Yo, Rey!" He called to his friend, "More family is here." He smiled at Darien, "Nah, no trouble, just having a spot of fun in this dwarfs excuse for a club. Me and Rey, here, are just showing the locals what's what in this side of town."

Across the room, Switchblade finished his java, seeming geninunely disinterested in the drama unfolding before him. He really wasn't hoping things were going to explode.

4. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

Seeing a man named Darien approached he pocketed his handguns. Wishing not to disturb the ladies and hopefully it looks like they can take care of themselves. Still staring at the elves he stood up still and finished his drink.

5. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Zero looks around the slums and was not impressed. But in the slums theres nothing to be impressed about. He sees this club across the street and Zero lets out a grin. "Why do I get the feeling theres trouble abrewing." Zero said. He fixed his shades and walked towards the club.
    Looking around he could see a bartender, elves, some chicks, and some dudes that see to be causing trouble. " I knew it." He walked towards them and said " Is there any trouble?" He grabbed the handle of his katana and hoped that nobody was causing trouble. He doesnt like to fight in public places. He thought to himself. Maye I could lure them outside..

6. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

"Pfw," the unnamed elf snorted in Zero's direction, "Seems like every breeder in town wants to come bug us. Lets go Rey, the stench of these humans is starting to get to me," without warning or invitation, that elf spanked Athena lightly, "Later, baby."

The elf named Rey scoffed and decided to take his leave, but before doing so, he grabbed Clive's arm tightly."Your fragg'in dead, human," he whispered into Clive's ear. With that lingering threat, he started to leave with his buddy.

From the balcony, a new player emerged. A blonde haired human man, with looks that could kill and with a personnel magmatism that drew the attention of the entire club. Wearing a white tuxedo that costs somewhere upward forty-five thousand dollars, he smiled a smile that was both welcoming and dangerous at the same time. Behind him on either side stood two imposing men. The both wore nearly identical black trenchcoats, but their demeanor was different as night and day. One was solumn, expressionless with neatly trimmed hair and black sunglasses. If ever one could look at a man without a soul, it would be him. The other wore a riduculous pair of red lensed sunglasses. That one wore a smile that could unnerve even the most sturdy dragons. It was a smile of borderline maddness.

Switchblade, like so many others, looked up and in a instant the old orc recognized this new "fixer". "Popov," he spoke to himself.

7. NagaClock

NagaClock New Member

Once the elves left he said, "Ah dead am I?" He laughed and slammed his glass on the table then looked upwards at the white tuxedo man.

8. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

When the elf had spanked her she turned and with her staff hit him on the head and said, "Never touch me again, and never call me baby again."

With that she said to the bartender, "I'm sorry to have disrupted your place. I'll take my leave of it."

She than turned and exited the club not bothering to even glance at the elf she had just hit. She turned down the street and walked out into the night.

9. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

" Aww ****, where'd he go this time, were loosing customers..." Raye went back to cleaning. She turned to Darien "so what can I do for ya' today?"

10. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The Dwarf bartender, upon seeing the man in white, called to Raye. "Elfie! We gots royalty here!" He reached under the counter and pulled out a tall bottle of nano-infused wine. He rolled it in his hands and placed it on a tray with a few tall magically infused crystal glasses. The enchantment enhanced the taste of the wine tenfold as well as adding a certain sparkle. "RAYE!" He handed Raye the tray, "Take this up to Mr. Popov! The man in white case you's can't figure it out!" He started to serve the customers again but turned around one last time, this time his voice was of concern, "Careful with that one, he's sa dangerous man. Whatever he wants, you get'em, got that?"

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

When the elves were chased off, Riruka felt no need to go. She looked at the...well...beautiful man in white. He looked important, but Riruka wasn't sure if she liked him. She decided that he wasn't the sort of person you just went up and talked to. She returned to the bartender.

"Uhhhhm...Who's that?"

12. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The dwarf turned to regard Riruka, and a sad expression crossed his face. "That is Popov," he looked back up to the man in white,"He's the new fixer in town."

The dwarf poured himself a glass of some sort of drink and drained it. "Lass, do ya know what a 'fixer' is?"

13. Meaikoh

Riruka shook her head carefully. "Does he fix things that are broken? Lamps and toys and machinery?"

She regretted the words the instant they left her mouth. There was no way that that was his job! The way the bartender said it, it simply couldn't be!

14. chiquitabanana

Raye fixed herself up. And took the drinks over to Mr.Popov. And lent ober and whispered "What can I do for you gorgeous?"

15. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Zero looked at the new guy....and he started to have a bad feeling. " A guy like that in a place like this. This is not a good combination." He thought to himself.
    Zero started to think even more. "Hmmm, maybe if i take out my sound amplifier...then i could just eavesdrop a little to see whats up." He started to snicker. Soon he took out his sound amplifier. It looked like a black small compact case connect with headphones. There was a miniscule antenna coming out of it...and he redirected it towards the man.

16. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The dwarf bartender let out a good natured laugh right out of his gut, "Girl, you *are* a hick, thats for sure!" He composed himself and leaned in close, "A fixer a person who ya go to to 'fix' a problem. Ya need info, ya see the fixer. Ya need money, ya see the fixer. Ya need something to happen, or ya need something not to happen, ya see the fixer."

The dwarf filled another glass and drained it, "When a fixer can't help with yer problem by himself or his informants, he'll hire a shadowrunner to help with yer problem. It goes from tha employer, to tha fixer, to the 'runner." Some other customers started calling for the barkeep. "Remember tho', lass, noth'in in this world is free." The dwarf ambled off to serve some other customers.

On the balcony, the man in white and his two associates took there seats in a booth in the corner. Popov looked up and smiled again at the waitress Raye, "Grissom has taken to hiring models now I see." Popov was referring to the bartender. He ran his hand through his hair. His associate with the odd sunglasses let out a little giggle.

Popov turned to him, "What is it, Vermillion? Did Nil find something?" The odd one in sunglasses giggled again, but Popov seemed to understand him. He smiled. "Miss, um, what was your name?" Popov asked Raye.

17. chiquitabanana

"Oh...um...its Raye" She felt flustered and a bit embarresed. "Umm.. sir, do you, uh need anything?" Raye felt akward, the last time she had delt with a fixer whe ended up, in a place worse than she had started...

18. Meaikoh

"Nothing in this world is free..."

Riruka considered this. Why did that have to be true? She resented being called a hick. She sat down heavily on the barstool, the picture of (undrunken) misery.

This was horrid. She had no idea what she was doing here. She was wandering around aimlessly, wasn't she?

19. "Nothing is free, and that ain't such a bad thing, little girl," Butterfly moved to the seat next to Riruka. "See if everything was free those elves would have taken you. And when I say take you, I mean TAKE you."

She went to sip her Bloody Mary but stopped. She slid the non-alcoholic drink over to Riruka. "I seen what you did, your one of those so called mage's right? Just so happens I'm in need of a partner. How bout we make a trade, I show you the ropes in this lovely little city of ours, in exchange for your skills in magic?"

20. Meaikoh

Could Riruka trust this latest? She really didn't want to go into any partnerships until she knew who was who. But how was she to know who was who if she didn't speak to anybody?

She considered the offer carefully, leaving the drink untouched. Just how could she be of help, anyway? She was always questioning herself and others. But was that such a bad thing, to ask questions?

"I...I don't know..."