Japanese Speaking Japanese

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrunkLeprachaun, May 6, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Sooooooo. Who here speaks japanese?
    Where, when, how, why, who, what, where, what and where? And when?
    Anyone learn of teh itrarweb? Any sites for me and my linguisticly malnourished ilk? Anything else you'd like to say?
    Watashi wa baka desu.

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I want to learn japanese, too. I got a book out of the library which teaches you some, but I dont have the tapes for it :(

I've looked at a couple of sites on the web, some of them are good for learning how to read and write

*looks through his bookmarks*

http://www.thejapanesepage.com
    http://sp.cis.iwate-u.ac.jp/sp/lesson/j/links.html <- This site has alot of links.

You should probably start learning Hiragana

I'm also thinking of doing a course on japanese in college next year.

3. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I know how to speak Japanese since both of my parents are and me and my sister are the only people in the family to live outside of Japan. So oviously it was my first language. I know how to write in hiragana and katagana (is that spelled right??). I only know a few charicters of kanji since I don't have that much spare time to study, and when I do I usually am not in the mood for studying. :catgirl:

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Take classes...speak in broken tounge...very beginner like...:D

5. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

6. Kaori

Kaori New Member

I speak Japanese. I can't say that I'm fluent though...but I can carry a conversation with someone Japanese and I can understand most...i think....

I didnt learn off the net, so i cant really help you, gomene

7. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

I've done 6 years of secondary level Japanese, and so I can now carry off a conversation with a Japanese person at a fairly brisk pace. I still need a Kanji dictionary though. Inu girl, it's Katakana in romanji. Thanks to anime, I no longer speak tokyo style super prissy japanese, instead prefering a slangier style, desu becomes da, ikimashou becomes ikuzou, that sort of thing. I learnt none of it from the web, sorry drunk.

8. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

Me to now I shorten words like...
    (I 'm bad at romanji)
    konnichiwa=osu(hi)
    honnto=maji/majide(are you serious??)
    kimochiwarui=kimoi(discusting)
    kakowarui=dasai(not cool)
    akemashite omedeto=ake ome(happy new years)

9. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Meplans to take a Japanese course… I already know how to read katakana and hiragana from a book, and a few kanji from CDs, but in no way is it enough to actually speak with a Japanese person.

But, I have to wait a few years…

So I'll just enjoy my wait! ^_^

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, as for me, thanks to webpages and anime, I randomly yell out things in japanese ^^. But I can't say I'm fluent. I can't find anywhere that gives japanese courses!

My friend lived in japan for three years so she taught me a bit, but now I like to run after her saying: "Teach me, Ma-sensei!" J.k, I never run after her, but I can be pretty annoying!

I made my parents buy me a dictionary when I was younger, so I learned some there, but you can't learn the verbs from that.

I have a dictionary, a teacher, anime, but no courses! You'd think in a place as big as montreal they'd have a place to learn japanese!

So, basically, I mix english with the occasional japanese word until I can get courses. If anybody has any info of courses in montreal, it'd be a big help!

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I reckon I'll just give up trying to find something on the internet and just buy a book. Meaikoh, have you tried one of those linguaphone type things? Might be easier than trying to find a course.

12. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

There are books with audio tapes.......but I've never tried those and I don't really plan to...

Um...I have a grammar book that my da~ddy bought me about two years ago. (So long and what do I have to show for it? ^^;; :D) It's good b/c it's got two verb forms (they call them polite and plain), and it's... got the hiragana and katakana syllabaries. (But I learned them better from a site). Nyaa…

But I was so proud of myself when I was watching a Megami Kouhosei episode. (Bandai sub, of course..-_-) They actually subbed something right! ^^ ^_^ I just got so excited 'cuz I could understand that one whole sentence. o.o;

13. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Good idea, but I always have to dissect everything, well not everything, but I like to understand why, then find patterns, so I prefer an actual teacher I can speak to. I l34rn better that way! Don't ask me why, that's my job!

Like basically if you dissect things properly oyu can make thins much simpler. Like say, hmmm...french verbs, basically they're all the same, except for slight variations, but that's because...ah, nuts to explaining it. Tapes are an option, but I'm trying everything possible to get actual courses first.

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

maybe .. =P

I can read hiragana, but I dont know what will it mean .. :p

And I can talk few words .. :D

15. Chi

Chi New Member

I'm tryingt to learn to read Japense I have some cards that help. I under some symbols that's about it.

16. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

I know a little more than your basic everythings either "kawaii" or "kowai" otaku but im still pretty ham handed at it.

Basically I can carry out retarded small talk with a native and they understand me.

That Japanese course I took sure was useful. I made friends with a million Japanese speakers. And enemies with 3 million more.

17. Chi

Chi New Member

Is that good or bad?

18. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

Uuuuuuh....bad....:(

19. Kaori

Kaori New Member

LOL..you cant do worse than me ^_^; I went to japan without knowing anything but the -masu form of everything, and had no vocabulary whatsoever o_O;

and trust me...i had a 'fan hate group'...~_~;;

20. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

well all that I do is say various things....:rolleyes: :cool: :D