Japanese Speaking Japanese

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrunkLeprachaun, May 6, 2002.

1. JimiSpandex

JimiSpandex New Member

Sorry Mikko :)

uber is german for super or hyper, for example "uber-soldat" is german for "super soldier"

bloodberry explained everything perfect :p :D

2. Mikko

Mikko New Member

Now I understand the sentence! Thank you for your help:)
    by the way, I heard 3 means e before in this thread. So does m3h stand for meh? Do you use or see meh in your daily lives, for ex on posters and flyers etc.

I think 'Erai koccha' is like 'Oh my goodness!'. It is usually used when bad and serious thing happens. Do you know what I mean? It's kinda hard to explain this well... I'll give you another example here.

A:I heard your dad was injured by car accident this morning.
    B: Erai koccha!!

One more

When someone wacth a news on TV, he saw many prizoners escaped from the prison near your house. Then he said 'Erai koccha!'

Make sense?

I didn't know uber was a German word:) Now, I know it! Thanks!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

1337 5p33k (elite speak) isn't mainstream...it's mainly only seen online..not many normal posters or flyers carry it...

"meh" (m3h) is most likely used as "me"...A lot of 1337 words warp letters or add extra ones...kinda confusing sometimes..

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

bakamattsu has that right...m3h is meh is me...*^-^* i would laugh if i saw it on a poster for anything.*^-^*

yes i understand. *^-^* thank you. i wasn't sure.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

|)|^(_)|\||{ 15 73|-| |^331 1337 /\/\45573|^ |-|3|^3.
    1337 was originaly h4)(0r sp33k, that's hacker talk to the layperson, so they could talk to each other without other people knowing what they were waying, but these days half the internet p33ps know it and it's not just ha)(0rz that use it. If you want to know more do a search on the misc forum for 1337, or just come into the chat room* and you can ask me anything you need to know. Is mise gaeilgeor freisin, agus táim an 1337 gaeilge 4r|)-rí á5 94(|-| r(_)d. 34gl4.**

*shameless chat room plug
    **translation=I am an irish speaker too, and I am the elite irish high king of everything.

noitch.

6. Mikko

Mikko New Member

Hi!! Go raibh mile maith agat!!!

I made a small list of 1337 and I can read them easier now:) But, my dream is to read them without anything!

Now I teach some cool Kansai-ben!

Sabui: cold
    When it's cold you'll say this.
    You can use this word when someone's joke is not interesting. This is very popular way of using sabui. This could be said 'sabuuuuu'

Nanbo: how much
    I think if you have a kansai-ben book, you'll find this very easily:) Very popular word:)

7. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Arigatou, Mikko-chan!

I'm glad you're learning l337! But, I've seen 7 as T and + as T.

I never really learned l337, it was always kinda obvious to me, since when I was little I learned my 'e' backwards first...Lol.

8. Mikko

Mikko New Member

I knew 7 is t, but I didn't know + is t. I have to write it down in my list sonn:) Thank you Meaikoh!

I saw different type of M. One is /\/\ and the other is [\/]. It's very intersting to read them.

It's cute you learned e backwards as a kid. As for me, I wasn't able to recognize b from d... Lol.

Now, I realised I should've post the new words in the word of the day is .... thread. I'll do it next time. It's time to go to bed now. Good night!

9. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

When a friend of mine had trouble with 'b' and 'd', the sensei came up with this solution. 'd' is like 'derriere', somebody's behind in frence, so since the bubble part (--->d-bubble part) is behind the d, it is a derriere. And the front is like the stomach 'bedon' is another word for stomach in french and the stomach is in front.

If that made any sense, you're pretty smart.

10. Mikko

Mikko New Member

It's a interesting way though I don't understand Freanch words.
    I think my teacher also told how to remember b and d, but I remembered b and d before I remember my tearcher's one:)

Bye!

11. Cool Capone

Cool Capone Guest

Yep I'm new here.

Just some questions please!!

Kansai ben that's differnet to OSaka ben right?

I know some langauges and can can speak some Spanish Japanese and French. I've always wondered why does Japanese have sooo many dialects.

, Fukiu BEN Hiroshima-ben Hokaido-Ben Hakata-ben Kagoshima-ben Osaka ben Okinawa Ben Kyushu-ben Kyushu-ben Mikawa-ben Nagoya-ben.

Did it have something to do with different Samurai and Emperors ruling different areas of Japan, is there some historical significance?

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

If I'm not mistaken, Kansai's just the "Western Japanese" talk. Like, how people in Texas wear big cowboy hats, chaps, and drawls so long and rough that they all sound like Clint Eastwood? Okay, so that's stereotypical, but it's along the same lines. Thing's are just a lil bit different there. It's like an...accent! Yeah, there you go...

Errr...like instead of "arigato" they say something like..."ookii ____" I think. Gah, Mikko's probably THE best person to answer this...plus BMS or some of the other more fluent and knowledgeable people.

A good example is actually Ranma, since Ranma speaks the roughest Japanese I've heard. Then Akane uses rather conversational japanese. Ukyou speaks in Kansaiben...and Kasumi speaks proper. It even has Kuno speaking formal (i.e. really old school, samurai style) japanese.

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, just like english has loads fo dialects, so does japanese...only makes sense*^-^* i mean, not every one wants to speak at Tokyo speed..*^-^* like, i've been told, that people in my area speak a bit faster, is why most have probs keeping up lol*^-^*
    but, mikko would be the best to ask...then UK...and anyone else who's claimed to be a japanese major

14. Vash

Vash New Member

I think it's 'ookini'.

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Doomo Vash, I have relearned the "thank you". :D

16. Mikko

Mikko New Member

Hello!!!

>>Kansai ben that's differnet to OSaka ben right?

Osaka ben is one of Kansai ben. But, some people think they are the same thing because they sound in the same way when people in other area hear it.

There are many dialect in Japan and it's normal. But, I think the most famous dialect is kansai ben.

Yes, Ukyo in Ramma 1/2 speaks Kansei ben. I know some other kansai ben character in manga. They are Arisugawa Sorata from X by Clamp, Touji from Evangelion and Hattori Heiji, Hattori Heizou and Touyama Kazuha from Detective Conan etc.

Heck! the computer is very slow today....

Mikko

17. Vash

Vash New Member

...and of course the kuro fuku no bokushi we all know and love speaks Kansai-ben too.
    Asio from Hale nochi Guu seems to speak Kansai-ben sometimes as well.

18. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

And Kero from CCS and Konno Mitsune/Kitsune from Love Hina. All kansai-ben speakers.