Suggestions for next Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaken, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Well, this is the first BJP Awards, and I'm sure there are things that you might not like, or want to change. If you have any new Category ideas, rule suggestions, or any other ideas of your own, please share them with me, here!

All suggestions are welcome.

2. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Votation/Nomination

The system is still crappy I think. My ideas:

Next Nominations:
    *Admins, mods and winners of the last awards are the ones who can nominate members (This way counting them won't be a pain Jaken)
    *Winners cannot be nominated for the same award when the next nomination is starting. They'll have to skip it.
    *Only the Top 10 will be selected for votation

Votation:
    *Now that we have few options, votation should be easier
    *A thread with a poll would be started. Nobody would have to count votes and they'd be shown 'live' in the thread

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Considering that the whole idea was put together very quickly i thought that it went down well, and there'll be some time before the next awards to iron out a few wrinkles.

If this is done i suggest that you don't use one of those polls where you name is revealed. I think that a persons vote should remain secret.

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Calendar for the year

We don't know when the votation starts/finish

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Its said so in the sticky and in the Nomination thread. If the votes are counted till Midnight of April 30th then I'd say thats the end. And if the Award series is January through April. Starts January. But if a Calander is really nesessary I suppose that could be arranged. As for the rest of your suggestions I'll definatly keep them in mind.

Kain- Excelent point, on poll voting!

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It seems ok for now. Everything's riding smoothly for the moment.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It seems to be okay, but I think it needs a bit better organization. I haven't heard a word about it in forever!

(Also, perhaps a "Most PMs sent and recieved in the shortest time" award? I guess it would be hard to check, though. But I'd nominate myself. I juts cleaned out my PM inbox a couple days ago, and it's a darn good thing, because I've sent/recieved 48 messages since February 2nd!)

Nah, I don't expect something like that. I just wanted to say that somewhere. Perhaps a "Best Ancient" award to go with "Best N00b?" These could be people who joined in the first year of M2A's life? (Feb 2001 to Feb 2002?)

8. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Indeed. I'm not really sure how to go about publicity, but I'll work on it. Thanks for the suggestions.

9. Reisti Skalchaste

I've got another suggestion. For the next time, perhaps one month of nominating members for the awards, and then a three month poll following up with the actual votes.

Like this:

Nomination thread:

SaberJ2X: I nominate Nephilim_X for funniest user.

Jaken: I nominate Shinryu for funniest user.

Poll thread: Funniest User

Poll:

Shinryu: Total votes: 6
    Nephilim_X: Total votes: 3 :p

As you can see, I rigged this one, :p, but it's an example. My suggestion is a separate thread, with a poll, for each category and each award cycle. Before that, a 'nomination' thread, where members can nominate who will appear in each of these polls. It might end up too much like real-life elections, though. I dunno if we'd want that. :p

10. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

That could definitely be a possibility. My only thoughts though are:

-Like how Kain mentioned. Polls would work as long as no one has a problem with others seeing their votes. And might ruin the surprise =P but its all up to how everyone wants it. :p

-We would have make the Nominations for the first two months and the actually poll voting the last two.

Doing the voting like this really doesn't matter to me, either way I will still be counting votes. If there is another way that everyone can agree upon, I would most happily make the changes.

If you guys want, I'll make a thread regarding the other methods of voting and see which one people would like to use for the next Award Series. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Reisti Skalchaste

I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting this, but, for the next awards, my suggestion is to start them already! :p

12. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

the best art updater ;3

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Maybe you can make an anouncement that appears on the top of all the boards? that way people will be able to see it no matter what section their in. I'm not sure if its only the admins that can do that though, you'd have to ask Cloud or BMS to see if they'll inable it for you.

14. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Shinryu,

Heh. No you're not out of line.

But, in fact, the awards already did start. Except, this time around, due to suggestions for a different method, I am having the previous winners do the nominations.

Their nominations must be in by the 16th. So that means, publicly, for all users, the Awards will officially start, most likely the day after. (It all depends on if all the users reply with their nominations in time)

I probably should have made an announcement of it. But I didn't think it really seemed necessary, for they were not going to really "start."

-Don’t worry though, I'll make sure I have a huge announcements for when all users can start participating ;P

Sorry for any confusion.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, it's now the 19th (3 days past the set date). So if it's not a bother to ask, what's going on? Are the Awards gonna start already? Did they start? How's that coming?

-Seishin

16. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

is there a host or hostess for the show?

17. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

heh. Not yet anyway. No one really thought of it before. Maybe I'll hire a scandaly clad woman. :p

What do you suggest?

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I say we let normal people nominate as well; we kind of have slim pickings right now.

19. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i suggest you let me be the hostess, and we make it like the real awards shows, sorta. i think that'd be fun^_^

is it too late to suggest new catagories?

20. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I think I agree. I plan to take it back to the old method, but include polls, becuase I think it works out better. I think it is too late now, to make an changes to what is going on now. But next time. After all, we are still in the experimental faiz.

Not many of the past winners gave nominations under all catagories. And some choise the same users. So it slimmed the options.

You can suggest a New catagory now if you want. It just won't apply for the current awards, but the next one.

Hostess thing? Haha sounds neat. But how do you think we will go about doing it?