Suggestions for next Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaken, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

yeah, that'd be cool. how about c.......nevermind :sweat: i'd like fir us to have some new stuff for the awards........................i just can't tink of any thing @_@ *drool*

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Squares just squares.

Anyway a craziest posts would be fine maybe. It really isn't mean. And trust me I know mean.

How about something like starting with the topic and then switching it? Like maybe most likely to become off-topic? I noticed a few people do that.

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I was wondering though. If it was possible to conceal the poll statistics from the public. I thought it would be more fun as a surprise, but I want to keep the polls. That's my thought though.
    I'll have to talk to Cloud, though, to see if its possible or not.

Um Okay. I took in suggestions and here is what I think I'm going to use for the next awards as categories. What do you think?

Most likely to never leave BJP
    Most Helpful
    Best Sig
    Best Avatar
    Best Art/Gallery
    Best No0b
    Crasiest/Wackiest User (Positive)
    Supreme Overlord of BJP (I thought I would Narrow this down a bit. This Pretty much includes, anyone you find to be the funniest, the smartest, have the best posts, be the best mod or be the most intelligent. like the supreme award :p)

Also. I was wondering if if you all would want to come up with more fun names for the awards. So they aren't as bland. Kinda of like the 'Supreme Overlord of BJP'.

1 person likes this.
  4. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

some ideas for this could be
    Most likely to never leave BJP=Eternal User
    Best Sig=Always has a good exit
    Best No0b=great beyond their years

5. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Why not add a award for the power users title. Best Title

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Nice.

By the way, the Awards finish this tuesday the 30th right? And when do the other ones start then? Or when are the awards presented, or distributed?

Also, how 'bout adding "Most Active User"? Meaning the user that is mostly online on BJP?

-Seishin

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I'll start up the next ones ASAP. Maybe tommarrow. If time permits and I get all my prep work done and update the rules and stuff.

8. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I'm putting up the nomination thread today. I also decided that the top say..5 people with the most nominations should get to proceed to the voting round. How's that sound?

And. I think it would be fair that a user may only be up for one award. In a case where they are nominated for multiple ones. I will ask them to choose which award they would like to go in for.

Any objections? Let me know.

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I have a suggestion for a different kind of Awards we could do here at BJP, while still doing the Tri-Anual Awards.

The idea is kinda garbled in my head right now, so I'll do my best to explain it clearly.

This site is (for the most part) related to Anime, so why not give Awards to Anime as well? What I'm trying to say is, as users get Awards, Anime should get awards in this Site as well. It obviously won't appear in some big mag saying "OMFG the BJP Awards", but at least we can have it here, and get to vote in the Anime we like best. This way we can recognize the greatest Anime that brought this site together.

I had some Ideas for the kinds of Awards that we could give to the Anime:
    Anime of the Year (General, meaning from anywhere)
    Unlicensed Anime of the Year (Anime only in Japan)
    Licensed Anime of the Year (Anime licensed somewhere other than Japan)
    Male Character of the Year (Coolest, most bada**, whatever)
    Female Character of the Year (Cutest, funniest, oO!)
    Soundtrack of the Year (I'm taking a guess that a lot of us, at least me, listen to some anime music. So this goes for any soundtrack based on Anime)

Also nominating by categories:
    Funniest Anime
    Best Action Anime
    Best Story in an Anime
    Best Scene in Anime (The most unforgetful moment on a show)
    Best Cliffhanger (By best, I mean it made you say "OMFG what's going on!?". I'd like to consider it a good thing for this)

As far as the voting is concerned, I think it should take place just as the latest BJP Awards. First a Nomination thread, then a poll. The poll of course will be private, so no one will know 'till the end, and keep a great surprise.

I know this isn't one of the clearest Ideas, but I hope it's a good one. I also hope that it could approved, since it could be a really fun thing to do not only as a site, but as a great way to end another year!

I'd like to hear comments on this Idea, and see what you all think please?

-Seishin

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

That would take too much effort from my point of view. There would floods of suggestions regarding animes and it would take time process them all.

(whatever happened to that best characther thread anyway?)

Oh, and Seishin, Setsuna/Fei Ku/Chao Lingshen > alles :p

- Teddz

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, I don't suggest we get into flame wars about who's the best, but each user first nominate, period. The top 3 nominations would be into a private nomination thread (or something like that), and awarded at the end.

As for the categories, i have much more in mind as i go. Like I said, my idea was not finalized.
    oO! None of them can beat the power of Chiu!

-Seishin

12. Basher

I could actually see all those happening. All you really have to do is say only one post and you most either edit it or leave it blank. That way it would cut back on things. We can actually have like a few not all. All you do is write whatever they voted for down and then at the end have the top two or so. Now a days most people are into the same type of anime. It of course is up to Jaken. I must say I like the way the awards are being handled.

13. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I think it could be pretty interesting and fun. I talked to Cloud about it. He said it seemed cool and was fine by him.

All I want to do before we start this thing is to really see if User's will really participate. I'll start another thread maybe? For further discussion..so we can get into details about it.

btw Thanks, Basher. I'm really glad you think so. :D

14. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

I know Best Rper and Best Signiture

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but maybe as a new catorgry for the next awards "Best Blog"?

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

If I may, I'd like to suggest a change in the timing of the voting. As it is, we nominate the people for the next cycle immediately after the previous awards are decided, and we vote for 2 months afterward.

I think this is too long. Not only does it steal attention from the winners, interest tends to wane shortly after the polls are created, after all the regulars have voted and posted.

I'd like to suggest reducing both of these time limits. Perhaps nominations could be held in only the first week of the last month of one cycle, with the voting taking up the remainder of the time. This provides steadier interest, as well as allowing later changes to have a greater effect on the next awards. (IE: User A joins, people think he'd be better suited for award A than User B, yet he cannot be nominated, as the nomaination period is past)

And of course it doesn't immediately drop the past winners out of sight as the next ones are thought up and voted on.

Just my thoughts, is all.

17. Basher

As you will see we have already adapted many suggestions. Keep them coming.