Suggestions for next Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaken, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

If you will keep giving awards for stuff that keep changing, like the avatars and the sigs, you should put some specific rules for the nominies, like they shouldn't change them.

A link to the user would be helpful for voting. Now I am trying to vote for best avatar, so I have to open 3 windows to view each user so that I can vote.

How about best s-mod? (the 3 angles will fight among themselvs xD - cat fight!!!), heh, no seriously, how about something related to the websites we have? Like the best or the most useful or most beautif.. etc, be creative! (currently updating mine!) :p

I think that's all I have for now..

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

On one hand, the numerous polls make tallying easier, but it also takes a lot of space in the forums, no? I think, going back to the previous way, where we all voted in one thread, perhaps with nominees in the first post, it would be less... well, spammy.

Just my opinion.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I have to agree with Shinryu on this one. Not that saying this method is bad, it's a good, and organized method. But...i dunno. I think i liked it better when all the users got to pick a choice they wanted from the whole site, not from a list of 3 or 2 people.

Also, adding to what Zanza said, how does that go for the Newbs on this site. What about the users that come throught the time of the awards, and make a really good impression or something? Would that then mean that if you come in the middle of the awards you'll never get a chance of being nominated?

-Seishin

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Seishin I think you've misunderstood me. I meant that all the voting should be done in one thread. But I think the idea of nominating certain users is a good one also.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I prefer this method, actually. You get a realtime voting count for each category, no? Also, it's a lot easier to count.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

But -if I understood you well- this will allow the user to vote more than once to some members, if using the board's poll.

This might give the users to vote for more than one person for the same category.

But not using a poll whatsoever is pretty cool, I hope the counting be accurate :p

7. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

thr will be another gallery contest? .________.

8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Every three months people get nominated for things such as their galleries, titled "best art".

This, as you may know, happens every three months, if that's what you were wondering.

-Seishin

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Perhaps no one should be able to win an award in the round after they've won one? (Ie. Neph won an award last time, so he's ineligible this time, but eligible next time) kinda thing.

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

How 'bout we do it in terms. A user can't be nominated for more than two terms in a row. Seeing as how some users already got nominated twice (counting this award), that would mean that they won't be able to get nominated next time, and it it would start a clean cycle (confusing, bit, no?).

-Seishin

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Sounds like trying to pick a president. I actually suggest what Shinryu did. Once a user wins, he should not be eligible for the next Award.
    I've also taken a look at Hacker's idea to have a hostess for the show, and it sounds preety useless. Unless its for like, presenting awards, I dont think we'll need a hostess for the Awards.
    I also think the options should be more varied. I remember that in one of the threads, someone put something like "What? Thats it?"
    Next nominations, there should be At Least Three Candidates. Somewhere along those lines.

- Kaiyon

12. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

hai, presenting awards is what i want to do.

13. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Okay. Where to start?

I suppose, I'll start with what will go down next awards. Due to the over abundance of comments to this term.

-Taking it back to all user Nominations. Everyone can nominate.

-Instead of disallowing just a user to be up for the same award twice, it will go to no user will be allowed to be up for any award consecutively.

-The old method of voting will be in effect. (One way or another)

Okay. Next. To clarify. The reason to their being so few choices to vote on was because I tried something different by having the past winners nominate users. It was not under my control as to who they nominated or if they nominated. And I suppose, as you can tell, the turn out wasn’t great. And that method will not be returning.

Well I am thinking about continuing the poll aspect, then we'll have nominations and voting. But to get rid of spamming, possibly disable posting?

Possibly have all users use the old method of nominating. Then their nominations are taken to polls and everyone can vote?

And a host or hostess. I’m not too sure how that could work. I don’t honestly think it could work. Maybe we could have a mascot or something? That could possibly be the award icon.

I think I answered everything.

14. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i don't think it would work (the host thing).

15. Reisti Skalchaste

My question then, is, do you mean that a user cannot be nominated two terms in a row? Or that a user who has won an award cannot be nominated for the next term?

The former could lead to a very busy poll for one term and a dead one for the next, I think.

16. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I think it has to be the second one. More fair, I think.

Heheh, something like this has been a little problem in my country for a while :sweat:

EDIT: Also, if nominations continue as they're been applied now, links to the nominees profiles should be posted so we can easily check'em.

17. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

A user who has won an award cannot be nominated for the next term.

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Umm, i don't mean to be rude or anything, nor do i think i should post this here, but I still haven't been told what sig. i'm up for. Can I know so I can use it? Because i posted some sigs, but there's a few missing....

-Seishin

19. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Oh. Sorry.

Umm. I'll PM the people who nominated you and ask, then I'll get back to you.