Suggestions for next Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaken, Jan 15, 2005.

1. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Well, have you found out what sig it is?

The sigs that were being nominated for should have been put on the first post because even though Izzy's is evident for voting on (since he only has one and can't find the others :p ) Seishin isn't. Even though i'm guessing from the majority of ppl that voted (aside from ppl who vote because they're friends with him or they like the show itself... they don't mention the sig, just the show XP Ahem... Izzy should have made a hentai sig consisting of Roy and Ed ;) Yaoi is a form of hentai, no? i'll stop, hehe.) But yes, Seishin has changed his sig now as well. and i'm guessing that's the sig most people voted for so... Mistah Jaken, what are you going to do? :p

1 person likes this.
  2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Well no. I have not found out. The one person that Nominated Seishin for the award, has yet to respond to my PM. I suppose that is all I can honestly do at this point.

All I can really ask is that Seishin stops changing his sig, if he is so concerned as to which Sig it was that they nominated based apon. And even possibly change it to one of his older ones dating back to when the nominations were place a few months ago or what ever sig he thinks the nomination or votes are based apon. But that is his choice I suppose.

For Future Reference.. I will be sure to ask for the users who nominated to be specific on which image they voted, in mind of. So I may include them in the voting threads or ask the user not to change the image.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Like I said in one of my votes, it'd be nice to see what I've voted for. Perhaps send a PM to the nominators as to which specific item they're talking about? That way, you can do a nice little save file (or even get it from the source) in order to put it on the vote thread?

It'd be mucho helpful for me and Sei to know which sigs were talked about. If it was the one from Izayoi...then I'm screwed because no one can see it. Unless my old harddrive mysteriously spring back to life as a disk-zombie. :D :D

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I already posted all the sigs that I had on my photobucket account Maybe take as a suggestion for the next Awards to ask for which Sig exactly, and post for what or why also people are nominated.

I'm not a freak on winning (not that it wouldn't be nice), but winning and not knowing for what just sounds plain odd doesn't it?

-Seishin

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

No No not a problem at all. I don't find anything wrong with your requests seishin. And I understanded you perfectly. And sorry. I think the way I typed that made me come off crabby, I didn't mean to. Gomen.

I will be sure to ask for specifics next Awards. And have them posted in the voting threads. Easy enough.

And look at the old Nominations and try to send out PMs acordingly for this time around and see how well that goes. For now I will put your current sigs into the threads. How's that sound?

6. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

how bout a most friendly award or the most helpful seems cool

7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I don't really know what awards your already doing, so I'm just gonna suggest all the good ones I can think of.

Best newbie.
    Worst newbie.
    Most annoying member.
    Most controversial member.
    Smartest member.
    Dumbest member.
    Funniest member.
    Biggest attention hog.
    Best signature.
    Member that's most likely to be banned.
    Most overlooked poster.
    Most repetitive.
    Best overall member.
    Nicest member.

They're just suggestions so don't take them offensively.

1 person likes this.
  8. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I see some are good, but like "worst newbie" , "most likely to get banned" and "annoying" etc. I think we can do without. They can be offensive, no? :p like saying "i got an award for being voted most likely not to be here anymore!" >_> okies...

9. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Yeah, they could be taken offensive. But they could help some people realize that they are doing something wrong, and that they have to change for the better if they want to stay here.

10. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

True, but if someone is causing trouble or being just plain annoying to the point where it's bad, a mod could just PM them and tell them to straighten up or die... er... i mean, leave BJP. Having everyone come together to vote on something like that might make it seem everyone is ganging up on that person and telling them that they're bad. Yea, some won't take it hard but not everyone.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Yeah, that's true too. Anyone could take it a number of ways; someone might take a group vote as being more powerful that one moderator's private message. But what I suggested are only that, suggestions.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

That's what we have the karma system for. :) And of course, you know that you're doing something wrong if you get a bunch of PMs from the mods. There's no need to make it public, you know? I mean, would you want a giant "GOING TO BE BANNED" tag over you? Probably not, eh? ;)

I'd like to think that karma, combined with the efforts of the mod team would be enough to keep most members in line.

13. Muse

Muse New Member

The Best Suggestion for the Next Award award. I win :p

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

How about most likely never to leave Boards.jp? The admins and super mods not allowed they have been here way to long and way to high up. :p

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

:) I might add that one.

We don't do negative awards. For reason's like Wing_goddess and Shinryu said.

And Most of those are one way or another already covered. Most overlooked poster? Care to explain that one more though?
    Nice. :D
    That one could be cool. I might use that one this time too.

I think I will start working on my new list of awards today. :)

16. Fushigi Rockna

What about Craziest Member or Wackiest member? >_> I don't believe we had that one.

Btw, FUNNY and CRAZY are not the same thing. :)

17. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Basically, a poster who has the most missed, overlooked, or ignored posts. The award is something for them because they are ignored so much.

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Sounds kinda mean doesn't it?

It's like saying: "So um......yeah, uh we forgot about you and stuff so yeah....here you go, your award..."

Doesn't sound nice does it?

Unless you were meaning something different to that, but if you weren't, i dunno....sounds kinda odd, but I'm not one to decide.

-Seishin

19. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

*whispers* You weren't supposed to apply to that so that person would win. Geez what are you thinking?

Anyway I think craziest poster would be cool.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Craziest in terms of fastest? Me all the way. :p

Or in terms of randomness and oddity: Kagome's Arrow. :D