Debate The ages old question: Ninjas vrs Pirates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ark, Jul 21, 2003.

?

Ninjas or Pirates?

1. Ninjas!

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Pirates!

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Bow to your Robot Overlords

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Neither. And robots suck.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Ninjas. There's just something very enticing about secrecy and stealth...

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i personally think that ninjas are more skillful with weapons, so i think that ninjas are cooler. but the good thing about pirates is that they get to travel alot.

3. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

i like how ninjas are so secretive, determined, have good skills, look mysterious, etc. BUT ever since i saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, i would have to side with Pirates on this one *because i'm a pirate*. If a pirate went against a ninja, all the pirate would have to do is shoot the ninja with his pistol. yea, ninja's are fast, but not faster than a bullet. so BANG BANG! DIE!

4. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

cant say i'm sorry to say this, but ninjas had guns, too, as well as land mines, mortars, and bunches of other fire-based goodies (kayakujutsu is fun):D

5. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

ah, well you see, that i didn't know. I guess all the ninja movies i've seen didn't show that:p Well...one thing i would have to ask though is this if this is a ninja verses pirate thing *like in as a fight* how the hell would a pirate all of a sudden meet up with a ninja and start fighting? Anyway, another comeback for a pirate in a fight would be that the pirate throws his rum on the ninja and then throws a lit match on him and then LOOK AT HIM GO he's a running fire ninja! pirates are the way!

6. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

pirates generally used ships, so it was likely that a few ended up on japan, and who knows, maybe ninjas were sent to end the pilfering. as for the pouring rum, well, one ninja technique was to basically do the same thing, except from the end of a chain. they would put some flammable substance in a container on the end of a kusarigama (chain/sickle weapon) along with some embers and when it hit something, the container would break, the fuel would hit the embers, and either kill with the explosion, or set him on fire.

7. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Ninja's All The Way

So then who do you think would win a fight between pirates and Ninja's.... i totally think the ninja's would.

8. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

well, it depends on the fight. a 1on1 fight in a closed, locked, empty room, with a HIGHLY skilled pirate, who doesnt really do the drinking, smoking, and "life of excess" thing, then it would be even. otherwise, even against groups, i thing the ninja would survive, and according to the philosophies of ninjutsu, that is winning. if he HAS to kill the pirate, then a she would be better.(act vulnerable and maybe a little "friendly", and then as soon as the belt is undone, and the his sword is out of quick reach, kill with a
    kimono-sleeve dagger.)

9. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Takamatsu_ you are almost as bad as Neph lol... but seriously i agree that the ninja's would most likely kick the pirates' arses. but what if it's a female pirate and a female ninja?

10. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

then it's all skill.

11. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

i was remembered this, and just had to hunt it down and post it. it's was written by stephen hayes.(true story)
    "the last activity of the tokugawa ninja occurred with the arrival of commodore perry's "black ships" in 1853. the ninja yasusuke sawamura was ordered to board perry's ship secretly and search for information that would reveal the intentions of the foreign barbarians. to this day, the sawamura family archives in Mie Prefecture's iga-ueno city still contain the two documents purloined by their stealthy ancestor--two letters containing a dutch sailor song extolling the delights of french women in bed, and british women in the kitchen."

12. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I thought samurais only had the honor code and did seppuku (or harakiri, the same thing). But ninjas all the way. I mean the stealth, the weapons, and the skills! They could probably kill a pirate faster than the pirate could draw his gun! Besides, if I remember correctly, the ninjas were taught in discreet murder, that looked complitely natural. So, those are my reasons.

1 person likes this.
  13. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

well, ninja didnt, if that's what you mean. my point was, in most of the situations where they worked, if you slip up, you get group attacked, often by samurai. a ninja would have a hard time 1on1 with a samurai, since ninja trained in more things than just fighting, so they would be at a disandeantage in a standard match.

14. Paranoid Trooper

That is exactly what I meant, but one on one the ninja might win, since they have shurikens, and such. But if you meant without weapons, then thats a toughie. I mean then it would be ju-jutsu against ninjutsu. But you are right that ninjas trained different things. Like, if I remember correctly, camouflage. But now were getting way off topic... Although your right about that hard time thing.

15. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

oh yeah, it is likely that a ninja would win. they have a lot more versatility. i'm just saying it would be hard, and it would have to be done FAST, before the others arrive.

16. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Pirates. Pirates are kickass! A couple of ninjas would be whooped by a band of pirates... anyday.
    Well, actually, I think Ninjas may be more skilled in fighting. They train and all, but seeing as pirates travel in such large groups and fight ruthlessly all their life, they could win too... I just vote for the pirates.

17. Paranoid Trooper

Pirates would kick ninja ***? In 10to2 maybe, but just maybe. Ninjas were quick, stealthy and deadly. In What kind of fight do you mean?

18. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

7.142857142857143% nerd user 18

Were they fight and wich style they fight with woiuld help some in finding this out but I think That in the end the would kill each other.

User18 I took that tesat and I got 7.142857142857143%nerd

19. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

what do you mean by which style? do you mean anime vs reality or different fighting styles?