Debate The ages old question: Ninjas vrs Pirates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ark, Jul 21, 2003.

?

Ninjas or Pirates?

1. Ninjas!

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Pirates!

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Bow to your Robot Overlords

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Neither. And robots suck.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Really now that I think about it both!

2. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

well, all of the modern styles of ninjutsu that have been proven legitimate come from toshitsugu takamatsu, and they vary more between specific dojo than they do between eachother, so today, style of ninjutsu will make very little difference. in the 1500s, however, it might. there are three differentninjutsu ryu, andthey are all in the bujinkan today. i cant say really which would work better. as for pirate styles, other than nationality, i dont think there were any. in manga/anime, it just depends on what the animator wants. a paralyzed, dead, blind,deaf and armless pirate could beat an army of ninja if the animator wanted him to.

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I vote for pirates.
    GOOD pirates of course ^_^

But now, a Shinobi joining the pirates... HMMMMmmmm :D
    that'd be cool. Like the oriental adventurer... hey c00l...

Anyway, why do i like pirates? I don't know. I like swordfighting adventures. It's much more noble than throwing daggers etc.

Altho i wouldn't like the bloody part of it. I prefer just using the famous "touché".

Ok, that was me. Cya!

4. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

it took me a while to decide, but in the end i chose ninjas, although pirates come into a close second.

5. DrunkenDaydream

DrunkenDaydream New Member

Ahhh.. Never thought this thread existed. Now, I'm biased so I voted for ninjas. But logically I think that pirates may win, depending on where they meet. If it was a pirate crew vs a team of ninjas (and i imagine that there aren't too many in a team) then the ninjas would most likely be gunned down by muskets. However, if the ninjas snuck in during the night, like all good ninjas, they could poison the rum and kill everyone off... so... eh.

1 person likes this.
  6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Simply, Ninjas would win. They'd just sic the RIAA on the pirates to shut down P2P (Pirate-to-Pirate) sharing, and close down mIRC, bittorrent, and kazaa. Ninja have the power of subpeona!

Anyway, personally, I'd think a ninja would win. A ninja is trained for combat, a pirate, just turns a bad leaf. Whether experienced or not, they are just a pirated. A ninja is trained in melee. Of course, it really all comes down to the idividual/individuals fighting it out in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  7. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

ninjas!!!! someday they will rule the world!! muahahahahahaha!

but i really think that the ninjas would win. they're way more skilled then those pirates.

1 person likes this.
  8. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

heh Magoichi Saika happened to be a ninja. he ran a group of riflemen with 2000 rifles.. i dunno exactly how many people there were, but i wouldnt imagine them making/buying many more than the people to fire them. im sure they were pretty expensive.