Debate The Morning Star, The Lightbringer, Otherwise Known As... LUCIFER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~ Zack ~, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

ROFL

also, technically.. it was the devil who gave us the 'gift' of free will. it was he who told us to eat the fruit that god forbade, god never wanted us to think for ourselves.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

But its true - God employs biological, chemical and psychological weapons against civilian populations until his demands are met. (the fact that God also hardened pharaohs heart, thus making it impossible to meet the demands anyway hence allowing for more atrocities, is worse)

3. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

"gentleman, our mission is clear. we must bomb heaven."

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hold on a second..
    if god gave us free will.. and men have free souls

how was god able to steel pharao's heart? if we are truly free then god cannot control our will, if god can control our will at his choosing... then we are not free.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Nice point, Mord. Nice point indeed.

- Ark

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I know, I told Fushigi repeatedly that due to this God has no respect for Free Will, but she just wouldn't accept it.

7. Miko

Miko New Member

one of you correct me if im wrong, but the way this seems to be going is that we really have lucifer to thank for 'free will'. and it seems true that god had made things more difficult for his 'people'. i do not really have a set religion, even though my family is christian, i just cant get a grasp of what the teachings say. they do seem to contradict themselves alot.

8. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Acording to Genesis, God gave humans 'free will'. By establishing the Tree of Knowledge and the command to not eat from the tree He gave them the abilty to go against His command. We had the free will to follow God's directive and would have then remained in paradise but noooo we had to be stupid and fall to pride, for Satan tempted us saying if we ate from the Tree we would be like gods.

Satan did nothing but push humanity towards ruin, God established free will. But true happiness can only be attained by giving that gift of free will right back to God, i.e. doing what He wants instead of what we want. That would be easy without....tum tum tum TA!....PRIDE. The first sin.

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

that's a bit like that movie erm.. shane was it?

"you all saw him, he had a gun"

"you all saw him, he ate my fruit"

god's just a bully.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No. Adam and Eve ate the fruit. I certainly didn't. Why the hell am I punished for their screw up?

"Oh no, humanity has knowledge now!" Hey, maybe God didn't want us getting smart for a reason... we wouldn't be mindless drones.

Ha ha ha, you think someone can only be happy by following your religion?! Nutbar.

11. Miko

Miko New Member

i dont know what its like for you, but for me, trying to listen to the lessons in church was like trying to stay awake while watching dust collect in a room. ^-^ for me, some things about lucifer never seemed to add up.