RPG Archives The Young and the Tasteless (an anime soap opera)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kyo_Masaki, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

WOO, My first post in... *counts on fingers* hmm... ran out of fingers >.> ANYWHO, I was in the chat room with Bloodberry talking about stuff, when we thought up the idea of starting a roleplay for a cheesy soap opera!

Everyone has to pick an anime or manga character, as well as a common soap opera persona (the skank, the jealous boyfreind, the rich sleaze bag) and play out the series as those characters, just like a basic roleplay

The themes will be based around the usual, cheat... steal... cheat... cheat... kill someone... cheat. However scenes well be set in different anime backdrops, Tenchi's house, on the Outlaw Star, you get the idea

Were looking for around ten people to take part, once we get about that we'll start, so post your characters and personas soon!

Kyo_Masaki

Character: Oboe
    Persona: The sleazy business man who's in it for the money

Bloodberry

Character: Bloodberry
    Persona: The poor daughter in a love triangle with Oboe and (need another)

NEED MORE ^.^

PS. We need to have a parent for Bloodberry!

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

and a note: there will be NO, read: NO ooc/ stuff...that'll be really distracting...*^-^* and will take away from the story...once we hit 10, let's try not to have ppl post in the middle asking to join...just like, pm kyo-kyo up there, or me...that'll keep from stopping the flow(heheheh)

3. Kaze-Chan

Kaze-Chan Guest

well, im new sry...but this sounds really cool so i would like to join

heres my char info idea:
    Character: Kaze
    persona:a beautiful young crazy girl (think of Kaolla for Love Hina) and shes half dragon (likes to hide wings so no one will figure out) :)

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Kyo, these characters have to be from anime or manga right? thats the whole idea behind the anime soap opera so hmm.. I still have to decide ;)

5. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

yay people want to join!!!! *grins*

*snugs Seraphim* I can always count on you, and don't worry about being new Kaze-Chan! *snugs you too ^.^*

Ok so everyone put in more stuff I really want to get this started I think it could become very funny ^.^;;

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

but remember, it has to be an existing anime or manga character...preferrably one we can all recognize...or can easily figure out...lol*^-^*

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

ok .. Im going to join your RPG .. im not familiar with any of the rules. So if you see me doing anything wrong, just try not to hit me!

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I'm game, and I could be Bloodberry's father if you like. As for who to be...
    Hmm, I think it would be enjoyable to play as Hanagata, but if anyone(blue) else wants to play as him, I wouldn't mind stepping aside.

9. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I would like to participate....if thats ok??
    :catgirl:

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I shall play as Kamatari Ohgama...bear with me for the following:

Kamatari is a beautiful young teenage "woman" who has recently moved into the area on her own. She tends to get along great in new surroundings until "her" secret comes out - that she is in fact a teenage boy, who just dresses and acts like a girl. Kamatari is in fact somewhat ashamed of his personality, and due to negative reactions in the past, is quick to hide the fact that he is male. He finds himself attracted to other boys, and carries a more feminine attitude.

Kamatari is also the illegitimate son of Oboe, but neither of them know it (neither have met either :p).

I hope I haven't left out any details... :)

11. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Sounds cool..I think I'm gonna join too...I'll play Aino Minako, a 16 year old highschool student who dreams of becoming a teen idol and has a "secret identity" and a "secret life".

Need I say more??? :p

12. Viper

Viper Guest

Name - Viperinious (Viper for short)
    job - shrink
    everyone comes to him when they are feeling down
    he is also an expert fighter
    money - 100000000000 / oh sorry got a bit carried away

this ones not a anime character but it'll be sumit new hey, please let me be in the soap.

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

sorry, a real anime or manga character...no made up characters...that's what the mangatoanime rpg is for

14. Viper

Viper Guest

let me join please, i'll give you my details on monday cus my computer keeps crashin and this might not get to you lot, i go on a differant com on monday so please keep me in the soap.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ya know, i think i'm gonna start teaching ppl how to read. the rules say a real anime or manga character...and well...you said in the chat you don't know any anime characters....yeah....(add sarcasm to the last bit...tho, this is most likely just gonna be ignored anyways...)

16. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I would be Kagura-san from Fruits basket who is obsessed with Kyou-kun. She loves him to the point that she beats the @#$% out of him :) When someone hugs her she transforms to a boar!

17. neoblacklady

hmmm

Pls. dont kill me for my horrid spelling!
    I will be ryoko.....wild care free woman...with one mission...
    just moved in the hood. Very stubborn, likes everything to go her way by her way. Powerful, but longs to be loved.

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ohkees~!! I'll be Nabeshin! cuz he doesn't appear in every scene, but when he does, he saves the day. Nabeshin has a mysterious past, and may have relations to people, but they are unknown. He works part-time at 'Burger-Crud' (Give you happy feelings), the Burger joint in town.. so everyone just thinks he's a burger-flipper and dish-cleaner. but he's not!!!
    he also may come at the right moment.. err a bit late, and give the power of the afro to people!

Nabeshin gets those glances from the ladies. one has a crush on him and wants him bad, but some think he's a pervert-because they don't understand how cool he really is! He also has a car that turns into a car with wings, but it may not work... He also has a long lost love, but can't remember her name, and dozens of friends who may be alive or dead... or just have huge 'fros!

don't be surprised if he joins you... while flipping a burger and wearing an apron!

(sorry forgot, he can also pull almost anything out of his afro)

19. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

*grins* WOOOOOOOOO

COME ON PEOPLE! we need..... a few more!!!! ^.^

20. neoblacklady

Exatly how many more?? i want to get this started! i will try to get others to join.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.