Recreation Vampires: Blood is my wine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VampirePrincess, Aug 11, 2002.

1. rei

rei New Member

i very much agree. that dark beautiful figure of the male vampire that is fragile romantic and yet noble and strong at the sametime really adds to the mystic.. and you gotta love it.. the obsession wouldnt have lasted as long if it had been billy bob instead of dracula and oklahoma istead of transilvania..
    and its better this way, so i can still *swoon*..

*heart* rei

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Heh. Swooning over the pretty-boys is nice... but for some reason I always prefer something a bit more psychotic, yet still semi-good-looking. Instead of neatly combed long hair, kind words, seducing the person into taking their blood... long, sweat-stained, raddy hair, profanities, pouncing on the person and like almost tearing their throat out... I like those vampires more, which is why I mainly have those in my stories. ::swoons over Lincoln DeChane::

3. rei

rei New Member

haha.. that works too.. but when i say pritty boy i dont mean mr clean cut preachers son.. i mean PRITTY, like nice face, soft sad expression.. i dunno, an angels face, and *im gunna rip your throat out, lovingly* eyes.. this prolly make no sense, but blah.. were talking about a none existant character.. so mine is what i just described.. so blah.. hehe

*heart* rei

4. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

*grunt*
    Bah!
    That's the kinda vampire that makes me gag.
    I think the fact that they've been so over done removes all of the mysticism and romantic ideals.
    Cheesy comes to mind.

Never seen from Dusk til Dawn though.
    Everyone but me seems to have seen it.

5. rei

rei New Member

mad hamish, although it maybe seem that im the cheesiest on of all, but i agree with you, because theyve been so over done and such, they have lost alot of there mystic and such.. but i not some vampire obsessed child who drones away reading anne rice and watching dusk til dawn and dracula 2000.. so its not played out for me.. its not cheesy in my mind, all though it must seem that way, because i dont buy in, i dont watch to movies and read all the flashy new books nor do i get caught up in the trend of liking the idea, like everytime a blade type movie comes out everyone suddenly is infatuated with the idea of vampires.. gag grunt and bah all you want.. it still retains some romantisisim for me.. and if that make me cheesy keep it coming.. it can kept my butt*rock company..

*heart* rei

6. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Ah I'm only kidding around.
    I still retain a lot of them are cheesey though.
    To escape the cheesyness they have to be very well written characters.

I've never read any Anne Rice novels(I'm pretty rare apparently), everyone I know seems to have read them. I'll take their word for it that they are well writen. I've only seen the interview with a vampire movie. But everyone's always telling me about Lestat. Now I like him because he sounds like a total badass.

I always thought D from Vampire hunter D was cool. He may fit all the stereotype images(except maybe his hand), but I still consider him a kick *** character. Not a wussy Bishonen.

7. VampirePrincess

VampirePrincess New Member

The sterio typical vampire long ago was ugly... They were never meant to be beutiful or romantic... Thought to let you know... Only Bram Stroker and other authers made them that way. Mortal vampires are not romantic... They want pain... Only their human side is romantic.

8. VampirePrincess

Rei its not my mother its my b/f mother... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

9. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Like Nosferatu, he was one of the original vampires, that film, wasn't it? And he was, well, to put it crudely, butt-ugly. ::nods::

10. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

"Like Nosferatu, he was one of the original vampires, that film, wasn't it? And he was, well, to put it crudely, butt-ugly. ::nods::"

Yeah he was a creepy bastard. You'd actually soil you pants if you saw him. You wouldn't be lost in his dreamy bishonen eyes.

11. VampirePrincess

I thought he was cool. I have wierd taste. lol

12. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Me and my bro got that flick on DVD. We have yet to actually open it. o_O Picked it up for like ten bucks or something when I went anime browsing (where I got a Kenshin episode and Angel Sanctuary :D)

13. VampirePrincess

Angel Sanctuary Rules!

Anyway I seen the flick a thousand times... Though I haven't watched it in awhile.

14. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Yes, Angel Sanctuary is awesomely groovy. ^^ Who groovily awesome, something like that. Maybe I'll see if me and my bro can watch Nosferatu tonight...

15. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Heck, I like the almost stereotype pretty boy vampire. For example...(divulging my story's secrets now...)

~The first vampires we meet in my story are a new yorker type vampire who's basically accepted his fate, and has no regrets about taking life. He dresses like some New York cabbie.~

~The second, is named after the Angel of Death, Loki, and is born a vampire. He doesn't want to kill any longer.

He's a good-looking blond, but he's kind of blunt. And he has emotional issues, as well as a clumsy manner of speaking. (can you tell he's my favorite character and he's all bishouny?)

He also happens to be 425 years old, but he's no tall dark stranger and he's romantic, although through no fault of his own.. He does, actually dress gothic. He was born a fluke of nature. A natural vampire.~

~Now, I'm not going to divulge my whole story, but another one, we now hardly anything about (prolly learn more later in the story) And although we don't say he has good looks, he has a certain manner about him that commands a certain respect.

And since he participated in some kind of war 800 years ago, we guess he's about 850, at least. His name is Darius and he's Loki's mentor/father figure/???.~

Aren't they loverly characters? but that wasn't the point. It was to show my view on vampires. The rest of the characters are also my views, but these are my main ideas.

Goodnight.

16. VampirePrincess

Meaikoh_Takashi: That sounds pretty cool! Hey keep it up...

Interesting how one of your chraictors name is Loki... Did you name him after the Viking god or something else?

17. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

The Angel of Death from Dogma! :p

In one of my stories, Lincoln DeChane was the man kings would look to to hire for murder, torture, things of that nature, just to not directly stain their own hands. In my story, although it's corny, I worked in a bit of when a person is made a vampire, they gain a sort of ability based on parts of their life. Example, Lincoln loved to strangle and tie people up in chains and slowly torture and kill them, so when he was changed, he had a telekinetic manipulation over chains that wrapped around his body. Mercutio Meyers was a lowly puppeteer and doll-maker, and when he was changed, he was able to animate and control corpses and such. Nicole was pyromaniac, who set everything in sight on fire, so when she changed, she was a pyrocist (made that up :p). Eh, corny little detail, I know, and I really don't know all that much about vampires and the change and such, but it added some flavor to it some of my friends say. :dizzy2:

18. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Like Spawn then.
    heheh sorry

19. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I never thought about that. :dizzy2: Damn it, and people told me Jian was too much like Spawn! ::swears loudly::

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

ArkAnjil, how'd you guess?

lol...Although I have Viking roots, I didn't do that much research, VP. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Oh, and I like your idea, Ark, telekinesis based on what you like(d) to do rox!