Video Games What was your first RPG???

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quistis, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Spike

Spike New Member

did you know guys and girls that they came out with a zelda cartoon!!!!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

mine was zelda rpg it was fun but could have been better

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I remember that (just barely). How many years has that one been off the air? I also remember the Mario and Pac-Man cartoons they would play (tho I rarely wanted to watch those two).

4. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

The only things I remember about the Zelda cartoon are:

A) It was not very good.
    B) "Well EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS."

- Ark

5. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

I remember starting the game and when I pressed new game then I got to name this hero and I took the default (always do) and when it all begun it looked like I was in some sort of desert with mountainwalls around and there was an opening i nthe mountain which I eagerly walked into and found an old man jacking about some wooden sword that I had to use, so I took it and went as fast I could out of there.
    After a bit swordtraining outside the cave, I walked east and found the first enemy which died by my sword and I found a rupee (hooray :D )
    I can never forget the time I entered the dungeon and this horror music (lol) started playing and I eagerly explored the dungeon just to die at the boss

6. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Pfa, zelda...Obviously you people have never had to kill a million slimes just to be able to buy a sword...No, some old dude GIVES you yours! When we started out, all we hads was a stick! A STICK! And we were lucky if the money we made didnt go towards healing at the Inn! We had to walk 15 miles up hill both ways IN THE SNOW to get to the Inn...BAREFOOT! You people make me sick! lol

7. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

Dragon Warrior for the NES was my first RPG video game.

8. MoonRiser72

MoonRiser72 Guest

first RPG

I started a little late in the game but my favorite and all time best RPG I have played is FF8, theres just something that seperates it from the FF series and makes it original, Post a reply I`d like to hear ur commins. :D :D :D :D :D

9. Kojiro

Kojiro New Member

my first RPG was super mario rpg for snes, that game was badass! it rocked, cept paper mario killed it

10. trashmasta

trashmasta New Member

Zelda for NES... although its not my favorite, the one that REALLY got me hooked was Chrono Trigger... Chrono Trigger RULES.

11. Gohan_Darkmoor

Gohan_Darkmoor New Member

My first RPG was the original Final Fantasy, although I was only about 6-7 at the time, I picked up real quick, and was hooked on RPG's ever since ^.^

12. Influences

Influences New Member

Yup I have all 19 episodes

and Zelda was one of my first but my very first one was hmmm Final Fantasy Mystic Quest actually I had to wait A LONG time before I got to my first one...

13. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

My first ever RPG was Final Fantasy VII. I was originally going to get Resident Evil (the original one for PS1) but came across FFVII and since it said Fantasy and I love fantasy, I got it and loved it. Then I totally got into games that were like books after that. They're fun ^_^

Ugh, THAT cartoon? I thought it was a dumb cartoon. Link was a jerk and Zelda wasn't so great either. Both needed to control their hormomes. ~_~

14. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

zelda for me too, but the one that got me hooked on RPG's was Phantasy Star 4. I still play that one from time to time.

15. Zanth

Zanth New Member

I never considered Zelda an RPG.... but if you do, I guess that woulda been my first one. I always considered it an Adventure game. But anyway, my first was prolly Dragon Warrior. I don't think there were any I played before that... Final Fantasy was 2nd. :)

16. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

FF1.

Then I didn't play another rpg til Phantasy Star 4, followed almost immediately by Final Fantasy 6.

- Ark

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ff1...never really finished it..started it loads of times...umm from there kinda moved on to pinball quest(you had to work at it to be able to buy new flippers and stoppers and stuff!! it counts, bwahahahah) on nes...moved to ff4(ff2 in US) and have been hooked because of that.
    i played link before any of those, however, but that's an action/adventure game, not an rpg.

18. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

My first RPG was actualy FF7 for PS1

19. Zanth

Zanth New Member

I hope since you have played some of the earlier FF games?