Debate Why do we fight??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fenixfire_2491, Apr 11, 2004.

1. fenixfire_2491

fenixfire_2491 New Member

Something to dwell on

2. Dante

Dante New Member

Because it's a part of human nature. Always has been, still is and probably always will be. It's really all there is too it, hehe. :p But then again, everyone fights, because everyone has a difference of opinion and maybe some people just feel more insecure about theirs than another so they decide to go and make themselves heard and burn flags or smite "heretics", "vandals" and "heathens".

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

What fight are we talking about here?

War?
    Boxing?
    Karate?
    Save the Whales?
    Save the Rainforest?

We need a bit more information other then "Something to dwell on".

Or maybe Mordeths just right.

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

#actually it wasn't always a part of 'human' nature.. got a book here on how war/aggression evolved and developed alongside mankinds evolution and expansion across the world...

really must finish it

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Uh, earlier primates fought too... there's even been primates that use terror tactics. The only thing we've pioneered in fighting is how quickly one can kill.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

And my grandparents have a book on how there's an invisible man living in the sky and how he "blessed us" with a son who he impregnated a supposed virgin with and proceeded to allow people to nail the poor SOB to a couple of two-by-fours and he proceeded to become a zombie.

What's your point? :p

7. fenixfire_2491

war.karate is a sport.

8. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

if u r talking about new testament than what does it has to do with "why do we fight"?? What u wrote has no relation to the topic :dizzy2: . Can u be more clear about what u mean?

Well, its not just humans who fight, animals fight too(for food, for territory, for mate). So i guess we didnt go very far from them, as ppl fight for the same things :anime:

9. fenixfire_2491

anmals fight on instinkt.yea humans fight for SOME of the samr reasons but theres also the wars and terrorism going on too.In my oppinion,fighting is stupid,the sport boxing is all fake and karate is like some type of yoga.I only think we should fight in self defence,and the idiots who start it are well idiots.

10. me_dreaming_zzz

i agree with you on that, ppl who start wars and terror are idiots. but war is basically a fight for power or land or both( its like two lion tribes fighting for territory, or two lion males fighting each other for leadership/power in the tribe). Terrorism on the other hand, is something known only to humans. Terrorists dont fight, they just attack out of the blue, and then disappear. Seriously, i think that terrorists are the biggest cowards in the world.

11. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

good..good, here.. here's some american gladiators

have you given any thoght to why the terrorists are attacking? what they want? who they are fighting for? or do you just think they're out to destroy the western way of life..

12. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

cuzz

i thinkl people fight to get their points acrss and its fun

13. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

We fight because we understand each other's ideals and beliefs all too well, and strongly disagree.

Or, in some cases (as proved by this thread), we can't understand a thing they're saying.

14. me_dreaming_zzz

well, if someone decides to become a terrorist, he must be fighting for something(i hope so). however, sometimes it looks like terrorists attack without any reason at all or just out of hatered(like, is there any explanation to why Osama Binladen destoyed twin towers?). I think that he has confirmed himself that he attacked twin towers just because he hates USA and wants to see it in ruins.

15. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

erm,, because the american goverment put military bases on muslim holy lands? cos the american goverment has been 'interfering' with what osama considers 'muslim' affairs. The us gov. trained osama, and used him against the russians in afghanistan so your country can't use the moral-authority card here :) you trained this rabid dog you found outside the playground, and now you're chasing him around the school with a half brick in a sock trying to catch him and say" hey, it wasn't our fault.. he had a gun"

in the words of bill hicks "I'm so tired or arming these pathetic little third world countries, and then sending ****ing troops in to destroy the guys"
    "iraq? incredible weapons, incredible weapons."

oh, how do you know that?

"well..uh... we looked at the receipt"

16. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I think over time as humans have evolved, and developed ways to make life easier, we don't have as much of a challange with survival in our lives so we turn on ourselves. War and fighting are outputs for aggression. Most animals don't kill each other as often as we do. Yes, they kill for food, but that is linked with survival, and usually in territory and mating disputes the animals try intimidation tactics first before fighting. It is very rare that an animal is killed in this type of situation. They unlike some know when to back down.

17. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

most of what differs us from the rest of the animals is our self awareness, an awareness of one's own actions and self that while it 'frees' us and allows us consciousness, also makes us aware of our own mortality and.. we can't handle it.

18. fenixfire_2491

World war 1&2 were both started because Germany wanted more teritory and power.No offence to other people,Imean i'm Germen too,but the Germans seem to be on some kind of wave thing.One minute they're killin and the next they're tryin to reduce polution.This is a mad world and I will be glad when death is on my doorstep,I'll be welcomin right on in.

19. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

World War 2 started because the Allies ****ed Germany's economy over so bad, combined with the immense stupidity of letting Hitler into power.

The start of WWI was due to alliances and wars. Austria Hungary declared war on Serbia, causing a domino effect, with each countries allies backing them up, thus bringing much of Europe into the war, and later the US and some other countries from Africa and Asia, making it World War I. (directly quoted, that one, may be wrong, I know it fairly vague like.)