Debate Why do we fight??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fenixfire_2491, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Zealot

Zealot New Member

I find it kind of amusing that Lucky thinks that it is healthy to fight, but at the same time I know what she is talking about in terms of getting to a resolution. I don't think it is a fight itself that is healthy but in some cases the resolution or conclusion brought about that is healthy for you. I'm not talking about your physical condition after a fight because usually it isn't very good but I'm talking about the psycological sense of conclusion you feel afterwards. I believe there are only two justified reasons to fight however in any sense of fighting (one on one, war, whatever). The first is in self defence, you can fight in retaliation to the agressions of someone else. The second is to fight for someone else who can't fight for themselves, be it someone being bullied, mugged, or in the worldly sense: a country of people being killed and opressed by a ruthless dictator or government. I believe when you finish a fight that you got involved in for one of those two reasons you will have the healthy sense of conclusion or feeling of justification.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

*nods* Truely zealot knows what i mean....In a sense atleast. But, violence relieves more stress then resolution, because in turn, violence is the solution....

3. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Or in the end you could get knocked in the head so hard you won't even know where the hell you are. And if it doesnt happen then the second time is a charm. But in some reasons you are right (again). It is right after standing up for someone else and self defence. But what Im talking about is when can you actually feel satisfied after a fight? For me, once I get in the fight I feel like a vicious animal and that I can't control myself. Basically what Im trying to say...is fighting is for the thoughtless. And I stand by that reason...

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

we fight because we can?
    we fight because we are human and yet sometimes we fight for the satisfaction of seeing someone hurt

5. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

And because we are human gives us the reason to fight? I hear people saying that they dont even compare to animals yet we do everything they do. Sure we are a little bit more advanced but we still do primitive things. And one of those is fighting. We fight for various reasons....some of which an "animal" would as well...such as terrirtory and self defense and to protect. I say because we are animals is the reason we fight... :D

6. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Fighting.....It is caused by what? Well, anger, fear and other emotions....Not feeling those emotions would stop fighting, non? Our species does make us more agressive then others. I mean, if we wern't, where would we be other food chain? Violence, warfare, bloodshed....None of these things are new in nature. They happen and will continue to happen until the end of our days....Beyond that even.