Debate Why do we fight??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fenixfire_2491, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

We fight because we are jealous, horrible, vile beings, who only look at what others have that we do not, who care only for our own advancement in life and want people to praise us for our glorious prowess.. or something like that. The challenge is to overcome this nature.. ok umm I'll leave the debate forum now.

oh and a side note. women and men are both human and doomed to the same temptations and wicked behaviours.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I love you too. :)

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I love you too! <3 I was in the middle of making some crazy macabre art thing for someone I love when I posted this. The slitting wrists mood must have done it for me..

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

we fight because we're pissed off or to defend something. lots of other reasons though...

5. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Pould there be the option that we just try to make up reasons to fight about? Probably it would be sub-concsciously, but still maybe.

It is just a part of human nature, at least that's what I think.

Could it be, that it's just a matter of opinion?

Oh, and Ciel has a point. A good point.

1 person likes this.
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I acutally laughed at that.

Some fight for satisfaction. to prove that there stronger then someone else. To attract attention to themselves. Sometimes people fight because they can. Revenge is normally something to fight for.
    :dizzy2:

i laughed at this one too.

where do you live can i move there?

where i live women are always fighting. guys do it more then females but often enough its the females.

:dizzy2:

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ok...this may take a while for everyone to understand, But fighting is good. GOOD DAMMIT....pardon my language, but within every species, there is conflict and resolution. No matter what you are, or where you live, there is fighting, and there is forgiving. understanding why we fight is like understanding why we fear death, or why we love money. they are useless questions that will bring on useless answers. do you think anyone who reads this thread will be changed. And by changed i mean they will stop all fighting they are involved in and claim peace. What is peace without Violence? Nothing...peace would become nothing....

Next time you asdk such a righteous and holy question, remind yourself what makes it righteous and holy, and peaceful and such.....The violence that happened to bring it about.

8. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Lucky makes an excellent point. We view fighting and war and such as being a very bad thing and I think it is but, what defines it as bad? It is the standard that we compare it to. If you take a shirt that is dirty and all that there is to compare it to is other dirty shirts than it looks normal. If you hold that same shirt up to a clean one however suddenly the dirty one appears flawed and wrong.

With that said I wanted to point out something else.
    Every living person on the planet desires something to believe in. Whether there is God, or there isn't God, or some other system of beliefs. Even those who claim to be atheists (they don't believe in anything) do believe in something, they believe that their entire existence is a mere accident and as such they have no true purpose in life. Sorry if I sound like I'm getting off topic. The point I'm trying to make is that there will never be world peace because everyone will form their own beliefs and stand by them.

There was a true story I received about a college student who was taken hostage in her school library or something and when asked at gun point if she believed in God and Jesus she said "yes", she was shot dead by her captors. It is a horrible situation but the world is filled with every kind of people and beliefs and most of those believers stand by their beliefs just as the christian college girl did.

What happens is we get the groups of people who believe so strongly in their personal beliefs/religion that they see anyone who doesn't see the same way they do as people who need to be killed rather than reached out to. One obvious example is the many terrorist organizations. Here are people so consumed by the teachings and often hatred towards other beliefs that they are willing to kill anyone who dissagrees with them. Osama Bin Laden's group hated the freedoms that the U.S. has and the standards/philosophies we represent and as such saw fit to try to hurt or kill us because we believe differently from him and his beliefs.
    To sum everything up; people will always have different opinions and beliefs and those that attack and try to harm those they disagree with are met with the recoil of the ones they attacked. We were attacked out of hatred and in a way discrimination so we struck back as is our right to defend ourselves and thus we encounter fighting or war.

Someone attacks someone else thinking what they believe is right and the other is wrong, and the other fights back thinking what they believe is right and the attacker is wrong. This is the way it has always been and I don't see anything changing very soon.

2 people like this.
  9. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

don't laugh too much, your stomach might hurt :D ah, and i live in Australia and Russia :cool:

10. Chance

Zealot...That was an excellent and justified post. You are one of the few people I've seen make a Idea stick well in debate. Kudos to you love, Kudos to you...

11. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

What defines it as bad? Well this is pretty simple. The fact that you are hurting people or killing them is the reason why it is bad. It is good that you brought out the reasons such as desire and teachings and all of the matter. Because I agree with you in terms of those opinions. But I lost you in the beginning there with talking about the shirts. A flaw stuck in with many other flaws is still a flaw. Though we do view it as normal because it is common. SO in this manner would we say that common isnt bad? The fact that fighting results in + - and - - situations is that makes it bad regardless of what is going on.

12. Zealot

Zealot New Member

What I was leaning towards was a very general reason why people fight or why so many people think it is normal. I agree with you that fighting isn't the best option but what I was trying to get across was why a huge amount of the world fights. They (different people in the world) are surrounded by war and violence and if they never see or are taught any alternatives or higher standards of behavior then that is all they know and possibly believe. That might be an incentive or a trigger for fighting in other places. That was the point I was trying to get across in reference to Lucky's post but I was mostly just rewording what she said into what my interpretation of it was. I thought a lot more about what I wrote in my second point about beliefs obviously so...
    But yes Vicious you are absolutely right in that even if a wrong deed or act is common it is still wrong but if someone has never seen the right (clean shirt) how will they know they are wrong? They lack a standard to judge themselves by.

13. Vicious

Okay so now we agree with everything now.

Ima talk about something different now. A different opinion more to say. Im not sure if I have posted it here before. But I believe that fighting...was an instinct we were born with. When it comes to that point where you have to defend something. (which somewhat brings up the topic again about desire) It feels as it comes as an automatic response to fight.

As for these huge wars...soilders are just puppets brainwashed by the government. Not to mention that they are blinded by nationalism and pride and what not. That IMO makes fighting even more inevitable in a large point of basis.

14. Chance

Ok....Let me just say this. I think fighting is healthy, and natural. None can go a lifetime without it. I can't go a day without it. Whether it's internal or external, my life carries conflict almost religiously. It's the one certainity in my life now. Most people can agree to that^^Fighting is the most certain thing i can think of....

15. Vicious

Yes, Like you said I agree with most of it. Except for the part where it says that it is healthy. Now the last time I had a fight i was pretty sure I was in a worse condition than I was before. Yes you are right it is natural...and we cant live without it. Our differences makes us fight for each and every petty thing. But healthy...?

16. Chance

Oui, i stand by my claim of fighting being healthy. If you ever need proof, let me ask you something...
    When you fight with someone about an issue that has been eating away at you, and resolve afterwards, do you feel better? Doe you feel free of burden for those few moments? Relieved? Without that fight, that issue would have eaten away at you...And saying that that would be a better option doesn't make much sense...^^

17. Vicious

I think you are speaking in a matter of a dispute. When It comes to "something that has been eating me inside" I usually tell the person and then I feel better. But when I fight...I wanna finish the job. Im just in so much anger...i wanna see him on the floor hurt.

Basically, When it comes to fighting it is almost most likely a win lose situation. Or a draw. But when you play a fighting game...do you ever have a win win situation? Im sorry to bring games in but it is the best example.

18. Chance

A win win situation in a game would be the two players enjoying the Game Itself...

(bare in mind i am a violent and agressive person. maybe my arguement is alittle biased, but pain is a good thing to me, and violence always makes things better....my appologizes if i have scard anyone...^^))

19. Vicious

I wasnt talking about the users playing the game...I mean the two players fighting. But anyways...I guess since you are a violent and agressive person and im....not itll be impossible to continue. So i retires....until someone posts something different lol

20. Chance

quitter...-.-
    well, let me just say this once again, and let myself be challenged....
    Violence is the answer....*bows*