Recreation Why don't you just shut up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Kaori

Kaori New Member

*sits there and ponders about everyone's suggestions*
    um......i'm sorry? ¬_¬

i dont think there's much i can say without relapping over someone else's comments..so i'll do as the title says.

oh..before i do that...."flaming is a sign of affection :D"
    (dont quote me on that...lol)

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Something I have to say about the "if you don't like it, don't read it" suggestion is that well sometimes what you don't like can be really offensive to other members or just plain spam... I guess that's what we moderators are for. Sometimes I like to just convert spam to something interesting and sort of manipulate the original intent of it... I mean that one italian ad that someone posted I thought that it would be kind of cool if we turned it into a thread where we talk about our own anime related websites... Not necessarily as ads, but as something you want to show to your friends.

Oh and Bunny, it's okay though ;) but everyone here is your friend and well everyone here also makes mangatoanime what it is, you too ^__^x

3. Vash

Vash New Member

I'm not much into defending Legato, Bloodberry (it's much more fun bagging him!:D ) but I think he made the point in a previous post that he's not really pro-aggression but that he finds the practise of flaming then chucking in a smiley face hypocritical. He didn't put it quite like that, but that was the gist I caught.

Oh, that isn't a j/k-type:D , I really do enjoy bagging him! Poor Legato.

4. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I know that u're referring to the post in the movie section
    In my defense Legato was the one who said that
    At first I was bothered that abt what he said 'cuz I would never say such things. So I wanted to be a sport abt ut and posted that... I was truely joking.

From now and on just tell me if i said somehting that offended u !

5. chupito

chupito New Member

By the way, i really think we should ask for a link just for this kind of post: xxxth post... We read one of those at least 2 times a day ne:D?!
    Hugs

6. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Why don't you just shut up and quit moaning?

Okay.
    1) I have to admit that seeing religion on the boards does tick me off a bit. Even seeing the word god annoys me. I'm pretty certain I'm in the minority about this, so I don't say anything, but when I read something like "I love God, he's great," I like "Aaarggh, it burns!" Seriously. But I just bite my lip, and say nothing. I'll get onto why later.

2) Hah, you're just saying that because you have less posts than us. Maybe when you get more you'll be smart enough to realise you're wrong. Seriously though, in a way I do kind of listen to people with higher post counts more, not on purpose mind, but that's mostly because usualy they've been around longer, or I've read more of what they've said so I know them better. I don't have a problem with those "My XXXth post!!!!" threads. Also, I never spam(well, apart from that one time), and I try to put something funny or meaningful into every single one of my posts.

3) Yes, the popularity threads annoy me, but I like Chupito and Energiser Bunny(and almost everyone else here). I would prefer it if they didn't exist(the threads, not the members{yeah, thanks mordeth}), but hey, I'm tolerant, I can deal.

4) What this board does not need is more aggression. The other main forum I visit, boards.ie, is the most cynical place on earth and there is aggression aplenty. I also get enough aggression in real life so I like to come on here where everyone is nice as a change of pace. I know I've made aggressive(how many more times am I going to say aggressive in this paragraph?) posts in the past(no one mention Linkin Park{I still hate them, ya know}), but I wasn't being competly serious. That I think was not put across strongly enough, and I fear I may have offended some people. But if someone says something I don't like, I'll confront them, and debate them. I wouldn't however do it aggressively(again) because I don't want to offend(that's the thig I said I'd get onto later earlier). Also, I very rarely use smilies, for personal reasons.

Kame, you call that arguing? I totaly 0wn3d your ***( :p {that's right, I used a smilie, **** you.})

I'm done.

7. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

make up your mind, either you like them . or you wish they didn't exist :p

personally I love those kiknd of threads.. it's something you never really see anywhere else.. this place is... weird :)

and that's great, everyone's really happy and smiley, there is a good atmosphere here, and those threads (for me) just serve to show it :) it's all a joke lads

8. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

I am truely sorry ToOmma. And thanks for setting up anothe rLegato/Me poll.

Gomen dechu

I agree about 55% with drunko which is unusual.

9. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

Baka Ningen

Ah, perhaps People are misinterpreting my stand on Aggression. I'm not saying, "Hey! Lets all be jerks, wouldn't that be nice, " becasue thats stupid. What I'm talking about is being so spineless as to hide your actual feelings behind a smiley. The people who flame others, or say things that they know will affect certain people, because they have a legitimate beef, yet are too worried about the consequences to just confront the person privately, so what do they do? They rip into the person, then whack a :p on the end, so they can say, "ooooh, I was only kidding, I don't really think that way of cooourse I agree with you, ha ha ha....". Its Bullsh*t. If you don't have the balls to talk to someone about a difference of opinion in an adult fashion, don't write anything inflammatory at all. It makes sense. If you don't wanna stand behind your convictions, don't announce them to the entire room. makes sense? I mean better to be aggressive than passive-aggressive. If you're aggressive, you're a jerk, If you're passive-aggressive, you're a cowardly jerk. I know which I'd rather be.

Toomaa, I was referring to one of your posts, I think on the newbies board, which you ended with "Men are all idiots" I can't be bothered looking for it, but I assure you it exists.

Kaori, please don't post to say you're not posting. That was just filler, and I'm not sure why you did it. Please only post if you have something to add, it doesn't apply to every thread, but it definately applies to this one.

That Guy!, you can censor posts? You wouldn't believe how uncomfortable that makes me feel. How am I to know whether what I am seeing is really what the person wrote? please refrain from changing my posts, no matter how funny you think it may be.

Thanks for these replies, you guys are all really intelligent, and it's nice of you to show it. Discussions on anime don't often lend themselves to prove how clever and thoughtful you are. Also, thanks for no flaming.

I look forward to more in the future...

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

oro?

I never have really edited any posts Legato... I have deleted posts if I have found them pointless to the original topic though(ie. spam) I don't agree with changing around people's opinion's because they may be controversial. I'm not that corrupt :p

*sigh* it almost seems like you want to take over the forum yourself though. I mean, I like the way M2A is...

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

MoooOOoOOoOOOoOOOoooo

k, this is my last post in this thread, cause it's annoying me and well, i don't like this kinda argument. which is what it's like to me.

legato, we post the way we do because we like to. no one here really has a problem with anyone else because we all do the same things at one point or the other. i agree, that sometimes posting to say you arne't gonna post is annoying, but can also be funny at times. a nice break, if you will, from the current topic. (or some inside joke) and, if you go tp the dropdown for manga to anime, in the group will be a link called faq. this will have an explaination of the censoring technique. no one person does it. tho, the language is understandable asked to be controlled because of young eyes. this isn't really and adult only board, we do have some younger posters(heh). and oh, yeah the post count usually does show how old you are on the boards...with the exception of lime(cause she posts lots!! *^-^*[oops...lol]). if you haven't noticed, we all do back our opinions. i know i would never type anything i didn't mean unless i personally knew someone on here, and then i'd get em about it irl. but, you will get the arguements that ppl want to give you, whether they are to your liking depends on the posters personality. but, that's just how i see it, and i have this feeling you won't really care. so, that's my last thought on this thread. i'll check it once in a while. but i won't post. this is over to me.

12. Kaori

Kaori New Member

Re: Baka Ningen

i was only trying to make a statement...*rolls eyes*

ok, as for the 'aggression' thing. I dont think its them trying to 'hide behind a smilie' as you put it, but for me personally, i dont like to offend anyone. If i was to post my opinion on something, that i know someone would get pissed off at, or offended by, i use a smilie basically to say "hey, its only my opinion..dont take it personally".

ok. if i was to say something fully offensive to you, personally AND i knew it, i would definately put a smile at the end. No its not because i'm cowardly and wont back up what i said, but to lighten up the mood. Opinions should be easy to shrug off, and sometimes not taken as serious as they do.
    as for the "if you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all" comment, well..some things are NEEDED to be said.

i hope that was constructive enough for you.

13. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Oh my god .. She could say anything she wants !! Who are you to say such things?! Respect others so that we respect you !

Im tired of this thread and I share the samething that Bloodberry is feeling which is irritation caused from this thread...

I like to sometimes keep my remarks about others to myself and not mock or argue about what everyone says or does..My advice to you is do the same 'cuz no one appreciates it when someone talks to them that way.

Just wanted to share my feelings that all...

14. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Ms. Eggplant want to say something

Legato,

We want to be ourselves, and it is not by trying to hurt others in the process or critisize them on what they say and do. I see that you want us to argue and make our posts better. That does not make some people happy. We are a fine community as we are now, and changing anything will destroy that reputation...

You don't want to hurt people's feeling and we don't want to hurt yours either. Please understand that you can't force people to be what you want. It isn't that way...

Gomen if I offended you in any way

15. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

ummm about the smileys

well see sometimes ill say something going against the main posters think just to be weird (yes if you havent noticed I AM WEIRD) but it is TOTALLY not the way i feel so i just say jk or plop that smiley guy down and state my true opinion which is mostly an agreement with the others (im just an agreeable person i guess^.^) so yeah and dont be all ARG about my opinion on this bc if you can post your opinions on all this stuff i do believe i can rightly post mine as well...so there.*crosses arms and sticks nose in air to emphasize how cruel this bunny can be---then collapses when everyone starts laughing...*

16. chupito

chupito New Member

I agree with you on that drunk, we are from different places in the world, so here we will have a lot of different religions right?
    I already met someone on forum that didn`t accept me in there just because i was not catholic... That was so, soooo bad that i became a forum-hater, if i haven`t found this forum here probaly i would be now still hating forums<thanks to m2a :)>!

Thanks drunk, if you guys don`t like this kind of post it`s okay to me... but you all will regret one day cuz i have a really funny life<did i told someone the day i was cheering for my team sitted on the other team bench?! That day i really thought i would die:p>!!!

This is massege for everyone:
    I think we are taking sides... some ppl are taking the this thread it`s impolite and the other still wants to talk about this. This is bad, really bad cause we are not going to be the funniest forum anymore.Gonna say something here: The m2a members are my second family:D!... Look, i think we should try to be open mind, i`m sure everyone here is triing to be, but sometimes it really get into your nerves ne?!
    Try not to be angry with the things you read here. Please! We are going to destroy all we build, just because of one thread?! I`m sure legato didn`t mean any harm. The first thing i thought in that accident inthe bathtub:D was you guys.
    ;)

I love all the m2a members, thanks for being yourselfs!

Hugs!

17. c0ke

c0ke New Member

This thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
    Its like a endless squabble, just repeating the same things over and over again.

Its like when Me and my brother got into a fight. We sat in the room for 2 hours not saying anything, not doing anything, just sitting there pissed off at each other. Then finally we ended when my brother asked

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
    I said "To get a Budweiser."
    and H said "NO! To get to the other side"

I still don't get it and the joke sucks ***, but we made up, let by gones be by gones and grab a cold one downstairs (Coke, I'm too young to drink, Legally anyways)

Why don't we do that and drop this whole mess. Huh?
    I wont repeat anything to start this post thread up again.

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Yeah I think its time for this Thread to End.. I hope this is the post that kills it.. I seem to do that a lot!

KaMe

19. Vash

Vash New Member

I can't agree Uncle Sweetie. Most of the posts on this thread have been very thoughtful and even show signs of reading other people's posts and thinking about them, rather than just reading the thread title and then posting as happens a fair bit on some other threads. Some of the comments have been very sweet and supportive of other m2a members and m2a in general.
    I would agree that not all of the posts are well thought out, that there is a lot of repetition, and that it might be time to let the thread go but I don't think that makes it a bad thread overall.

KaMeKaZi - I hope you're not upset to miss out on the threadkiller position. I seem to be really good at it too. :(

20. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ill keep trying My best man!

KaMe