Recreation Why don't you just shut up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Jun 11, 2002.

1. PAnda

PAnda New Member

Perhaps better to say...

"Just because most people thought the world was flat, doesn't make it so"

2. Vash

Vash New Member

Or, in the words of Opus...

If a million people do a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing.

The essential problem with democracy. Not that I have a better suggestion or anything.

3. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

Right. Though best not compare the people of M2A to stupid people because, well, they probably don't like it. I know I wouldn't. The same problem is in organised religion, the majority of them are doing it so it gets accepted. still wrong to try to change cultures of small tropical islands, or burn women who you think are unholy. (I know thats not done anymore, just saying that the church has done alot of crap in the past.)

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

democracy VS Dictatorship.

When more the one person has the power to rule a country the power become diluted. Thing dont get done all you have is talk talk and more talk.. the rich end up richer and the poor end up poorer.. All of the Greatist nations in time became Great Because of a form of Dictatorship.. the exception to this is America, But Im sure that the birth of america was more of a dictatorship hiden behind democracy..

And if you look at it.. all the great dictatorships.. even though they have since crumbled and became new nations Are taught to us in school.. Because they will echo an eternity.

KaMe

5. Vash

Vash New Member

Actually, I didn't mean to imply that the m2a crowd are stupid. Did I do so? I was just making a general comment that just because something has popular support doesn't mean it's a good thing. Think to the last Oz federal election, which was essentially won by playing on people's xenophobic and racist tendencies.

Hey, since this is a controversial thread anyway... What do the people of America think of plans to kill Saddam Hussein? I think he's an ***hole too, but isn't that a)murder and b)an act of war? Just curious. You see, under our democracy our spokesman is our Prime Minister John Howard, who is behind Dubya all the way on this one. Or on his knees in front of him, more like. But I think a lot of Osutorariajin are like me and find his sycophancy embarrassing, and the Saddam Hussein plan morally questionable.