Recreation Why don't you just shut up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

ok cool down every one .. !! =p

I can see that Legato is having a bad day (which is an opinion!) !!

Anyway .. let me see what I can say ..:

Eheem ..

Every body is free to say whatever they want .. because thats why there are many threads I blieve and I can give you a clue about that .. Its the misc thread .. it is for all the members to post whatever they want .. nothing related eith with anime, manga, music or movies .. But the biggest clue is .. you just spoke and said you opinion, right?

Anyway .. Anime is made for fun .. you might can learn many mnay things =p wich I cant put my finger on it right now =p (by the way the =p is pointing what am I feeling right now so that you wont picture me mad or anything else ! And thats why they are here !)

And about the ***th post .. its just like what BMS said (which I believe he is so very happy about it !! ;)) .. And you can say that we are -sometimes- either bored or we have said everything we had at that moment !

And I tottaly agree with ToOmaA about the post that you wrote about chosing who is the better .. cuz guys look at when you joined M2A .. ! It has been less than 2 months .. !
    Even the older members didnt try it .. (well I dont know why, but .. oh well ) *and dont tell that I am spamming right now, cuz this is my post right now and I wrote what is related with the subject*

And about the joking part .. should we all be serious ???!!!!!!
    Come on .. !! We have to have few laughs right? Right ?? :confused:
    Dont tell me that you dont like to laugh? Every body loves to laugh .. even just drawing a smile on their faces ..
    But I can see that you had a really REALLY bad day .. cuz when you have a bad day - you can a bad few days or bad week! - you hate to even smile !! *ASK THE EXPERT OVER HERE !!! =p*

Well .. I believe that I said every thing thats on my mind .. ! =p

*If you noticed that when I am in a good mood I allways draw =p in my posts so that you know that I am in a good mood !!
    While I done draw anything or just :mad: or :anger2: to let you know that I am mad or having a bad day .. etc ... *

PS If you are having a bad day .. just read BMS's signatures!
    They crack me up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D ..
    And as you can see that I am trying the same to draw as many smiles in maay faces as I can .. (c=
    Have a nice day guys ..

PSS here is one of my posts which I posted while I was a victim of the bad days .. !http://www.mangatoanime.com/manga/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1635
    Remember BMS ? =p ;)

**I ran out of space for smilies =p !!!**

2. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Sorry about that last post Vash and everyone who doesn't agree what I said in my last post, I was under the influence of *Mary Jane at the time.

* If that word is inappropriate you can delete this post, I wouldn't care.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

regarding separation of church and web: It generally isn't an issue until someone makes it one. I found it strange myself thatpeople's religious preferences were so open here (I don't discuss mine online for the most part) but if they feel like making them known, who cares? Might it offend someone? Maybe. I feel however that anyone who is offended byit is the type of person who doesn't belong in society, where diversity abounds.

regarding x00th post: I agree, there are far too many. I myself mark every 100th post I make, for statistical purposes so I can see how my posting frequency ebbs and flows. However, they are all in the same thread, in an obscure place no one visits. Making a new thread for every one is annoying. It would be better if there was a celebration thread or something instead of a new thread everytime.

Regarding who likes me: Agreed. Same with the I'm back or I'm leaving threads. They are justbait for people to say don't go or glad you're back we love you very much mush. When I disappear, I don't announce it. I'm just gone. When I'm back, I'm back. This has the side effect of no one noticing or commenting, but I'd like to think I'm secure enough with myself to remain happy even when no one notices.

Regarding aggression: we are quite happy here. Aggression is not usually a constructive thing. Differences of opinion are fine, but arguing won't change the differences, and I see no need to have more of it. Flames and flamers can just as soon go elsewhere.

regarding smilies: beh

btw: way to not make it obvious who you are talking about:
    Some guy, let's call him "Pelson Pockefeller"

4. Vash

Vash New Member

Don't worry about the mary jane, Uncle Sweetie - Zanza seems to think that Legato is under the influence of PMS! Besides, half of the time I'm posting with a skinful of red wine. It's cheap over here.

5. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

Hn Hn Hn.... "If you don't like it, don't read it" simple as that.:D

MO, who are you talking about? I was talking about this with Bakamatsu and I was referring not to "most posts overall" but "most posts per session" , the people who when you come on have replied to every thread. Excellent, EXCELLENT post MO, glad to see theres still life in this thread yet.

This is a no-flaming thread, so if you feel aggressive towards it, but don't want to justify your aggression, please don't write.

6. MamiyaOtaru

thank you. Every once in a while I speak my mind and am serious about it.

Pelson Pockefeller is a reference to something (Simpsons maybe) where the joke was how bad they disguised that they were talking about Nelson Rockefeller..

Appears I was wrong about the transparency of your reference though, as I'm not entirely sure after all which individual you were referring to. Dunno why i even mentioned it, not like it affects me.

Now, to elaborate on 'Beh' (my response to smilies). I use smilies sometimes not to weaken my arguments but as a way to say that I still like the person I am disagreeing with, just to let them know I don't hate them because of whatever stupid issue it is we're discussing. My opinion is my opinion, the smilie is there to let them know I am still friendly (or trying to be) Also sometimes it's there to say I'm joking and the opinion I stated was facetious. Again, smilies aren't there to weaken my argument, just show that I really don't mean it (playing devil's advocate say)

At any rate, I feel smilies are necessary. In normal face to face conversation you have all sorts of clues about the speaker's meaning beyond the words themselves. You have facial expression, body movement, tone of voice etc to let you know if he is joking/serious/sarcastic. Online, we are deprived of these cues, and smilies are a poor attempt to simulate them. As such, they do not generally bother me.

7. Zanza

Staff Member

I believe that Toomaa said that so that we or you feel that we are in a room and you dont think that she is rude ..
    Example ..
    When that time that GNZ wrote that he is going to stop typing ..
    Why he said that? why didnt he just stop ?
    Its so that he show us he was BLABING :p
    Right GNZ ;)
    I hate to say what I think if it was wrong .. just let him say to you why he wrote that ..

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

The same rule applies on everyone or am I wrong?

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I write what I feel. Simple as that. I come to this site to be happy. Again, a simple point. It seems to me that most of the other members here do the same. Why else would you come back if you weren't happy here?
    You want to know what makes me unhappy? People who think they are being polite and non-flaming when they are being rude, abrasive, and totally en fuego.
    We come here to enjoy ourselves, and to have a good time. I didn't see a whole lot of inter-member problems until this thread opened up. Let me just say that if you have a problem with people enjoying themselves, getting along well (even when one is slamming the other while being featured as a villain elsewhere on the site), and just having a good time with people they like and respect, then pick yourself up and go elsewhere. Adversity is not welcome here.

10. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

Do you know what the first post on this thread was? It was my opinion as formed by observations of members of this fine, fine forum. Do you know what I complained about? Was it fun? No. Was it people enjoying themselves? nuh-uh. Was it people expressing their opinion? Naw. It was people hiding their opinion. Censoring themselves out of a sense of needing to fit in, but doing it in a patronising, condescending way. When someone writes what they think (an excellent thing to do), but are too much of a coward to back it up, so they treat it like a joke, yet it is still obviously their opinion. Its just so they can claim it as "sarcasm" or "not serious" (not a crack at you MO, they're just common sense examples) when they get someone who they have riled demanding to know what is their beef with the issue in question. It's pathetic and cowardly, and you'd be better off keepig it to yourself if you're too much of a wuss to stand for your beliefs. I don't have a beef with members in particular, I can honestly say that I have never seen a member who never posted anything worth while, everyone on this board is capable of intelligent posting, and demonstrate it regularly. This is beef with certain "modes of conduct" which this board seems to support despite the fact that they are a hinderance to the communication process.
    I do not flame. I do not target members, I target behaviour. Yes, I am abrasive, purely because I do not agree with the way certain elements in this community are run, but I absolutely love it here. Look at this thread! theres no time wasting, theres no personal attacks, it's just a brilliant, intelligent discussion. Its objective and above all, interesting.

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

It's been said before but I'd like to say it again. This is the type of place this is. Don't try to change it to suit your whims. We come here because we like it here and we like it here because it's the way it is. If you don't like the way things are run here, then perhaps it's not the best place for you.
    You don't like the way certain elements of the community are run?
    Well, it's our community, not just yours, and we do like it. Okay?

12. Zanza

Staff Member

Ouch !!

Thats was cool DL :D
    Its exactly what DL said .. (I am not spamming right now, ok?!;))
    So .. I add what Dl just said to what I had said before ..
    You see there was soo many things I wanted to say .. and in away I did say that, didnt I ?

Anyway, just like what he said, we like it here cuz we speek what we think .. do you see me right now telling you that "I am not liking the way that you talk ( or type :swaet2:) .. or even that when you write you dont insert smilies .. I hate that .. !"
    Of course not !! Because you are free to say what you want :)

13. MamiyaOtaru

Thank you. Like i said, I do that when I really am not serious. They are there to make it obvious. There was that other reason as well, is it in your opinion acceptable? ;) <- haha interpret that

14. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

I have decided something. After mulling over MO's post concerning the use of smilies, I am satisfied. MO's intelligent and truthful response to the use of smilies has satisfied me completely and I now feel no beef with the topic. Congratulations MO, you are our first winner!!!
    DL is the runner up, as his points of view on the situation are also accurate, but they didn't quite fulfil my thirst.
    Good work everyone who contributed.
    Now, I still feel that religion is inappropriate for anime related discussions unless the anime includes religion as a topic,
    Those "my xxx posts" are spam and should be dealt as such,
    and that people who feel the need to confirm their worth on this forum must be missing something as this forum is obviously friendly and welcoming,
    Anyone who feels that they can justify any of these, lets hear it!
    Congrats again MO, your prize? My Respect! What? whaddya mean you don't give a crap? Ah well...

15. PAnda

PAnda New Member

Interesting that DL doesn't want Legato to influence the shaping of "our" community, yet advises Legato to leave if he don't like it. This "Love it or leave it" attitude is also a way of shaping the "community" -- weeding out all those with a desenting tone.

I doubt whether Legato wants to shape this community - but if he does, his way is a little less passive/aggressive than DL's.

Open discussion, freedom and diversity of speech, and consideration of alien opinion allows the mind to evolve.

:) <--- I'll put this here as my "get out of jail card" -
    If people get in a snoot with me - I can always say I was
    joking!

16. DrunkLeprachaun

I never said he should leave, I just said it might not be the best place for him. And, I am not at all passive aggressive. I'm either totaly passive or totaly aggressive. I'm not trying to shape the forum at all, I'm just letting it go where it will, and following it.
    Also, I said it was not just Legato's community. What I meant was, the will of the majority should win out. I actualy think you're being a little passive aggressive yourself. But, hey, maybe I'm wrong.
    Besides, Legato say me smart. So it's gotta be true(please don't ask if that was sarcasm or not, because I just don't know).

17. PAnda

PAnda New Member

(1) I'm not passive/aggressive

(2) Legato speaks with both passion and conviction - always ensuring that he is accountable for his opinion - by saying "I this.." and "I that..." and never erroneously trying to represent anyone else's opinion by using "we" in his postings. The use of "we" should be reserved for Royals and conjoined twins.

More power to Legato!

18. Izer

Izer New Member

In small close-knit communities like m2a , opinions can carry a heavy weight and Legato certainly hasn't pulled any punches in revealing his. In all fairness to DL, it may be a bit presumptious of him to assume the voice of a community but what may come across as aggression may simply be his ability to speak his mind without fear as Legato has done.

That's a scary thought... DL and Legato may have something in common!

19. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

I wasn't expecting DL to become the main voice of my opposition, but considering his outgoing and very forward nature, I really should have planned for it. It appears also that I have gained a supporter! Another event which I hadn't planned on, but welcome nonetheless. It's all very well to say "thats the way do it," but it doesn't make it any less wrong. If the majority of the world raped people, to the point where it was commonplace, it would still be wrong. ... Not saying that the people of this board are doing anything like rape, of course. Just an example of how many many many wrongs, still don't make a right.
    Less and less people are replying to the thread... this either means I'm aggrivating them, or they've all admitted defeat to my overwhelming point of view....
    ...which shall I choose to think.....?

20. DrunkLeprachaun

I think most people just got bored and wandered off somewhere. All threads die, that is the nature of message boards. I don't really think we're doing 'wrong' here, so I don't think that's a great argument. Also saying if most the world raped people, it'd still be wrong is a bit off, because luckily most of the world doesn't. I think it'd be better if you found something bad that most of the world does. Like smoking or some **** like that. Hmm, me? The main voice of the opposition? I hadn't planned that, I was just speaking my mind. Whatever man. It's cool. Yeah.