Debate Would you ever kill someone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seraphinx, Oct 30, 2003.

?

Would you ever kill someone?

1. Yeah, I'd do it for fun.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Yeah, but only for my own survival.

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. I'd attack someone, but I hope it won't kill them.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. I'll kill if I'm ordered to (if I was a cop or soldier)

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. If a scary-looking dude sneaked into my house at night, maim or kill, I'd show no mercy!

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. For a good purpose, but I'd let someone else do the killing for me.

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. No, I'd never kill anyone even if it meant preventing further disasters.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Based on what beliefs/religion you follow, in what kinds of situations would you feel okay (or hyped up) to kill a person or two? We hear about killing in the news, whether mass murder like in terrorism, or child-killing by whack parents. But what about "useful" killing that serves a purpose? When would that be for you?

I don't really follow my religion, so I rely on my own morals. For me, I'd kill someone if doing so would prevent the person from killing many others. But I doubt I'd ever get into a position like that unless I were a cop or soldier. I wouldn't join the army cuz I'm weak, but if I did and I were ordered to kill, I'd do it. But in an everyday street-fight, I'd just beat up a person enough so that I'd think they wouldn't come back after me. If the person was really persistent and the fight got really bloody, I might have to bring em to the brink of death just to make em stop. Would I go all the way and kill the person? Probably not cuz I tend to feel sorry for people/creatures once I get into a really high, dominating position over them. Like the time we had to scare away or attack enemy cats that constantly fought with our cat, I'd start out all hyped and ready to hurt something, but when I get within arm's reach of an enemy cat, about to strike it, I feel so sorry for it. Then the cat notices me and runs away, snapping me back to anger again, and I curse my missed chance.

As for experiencing a dying person, I've watched a gun victim and his killer lay in the sun for a minute or so until all these people came to help. I wasn't traumatized at all, but I was trippin' out for seeing something for the first time. Sure it might be a lil different if I personally kill someone, but I could probably handle it better than some people with what experience I've had with helping in the killing of large boars and goats.

Edit: The last choice in the poll says you would never kill even if things got worse, and that you actually could have made things better in the situation by killing someone. This would be like, when someone kidnaps your kids, you find the guy, and you have a choice of either shooting the kidnapper with your gun just as he's about to rape/kill your kids, or risking some alternative method to stop him which probably wouldn't be as effective as shooting him immediately.

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I hope I would never have to kill someone.

But if someone was attacking me,or if I was a soldier or something,you'd better believe that I wouldn't hesitate to blow that bastards head clean off of his ****ing body!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Only in self defense as a last resort or if many others were threatened.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I can't see myself letting someone else kill me, I'd fight to be alive. if it turns out I have to beat the guy up, or shoot them if I had a gun, it would be more of self-defense, or an accident that I killed them..of course I'd feel bad about it, but I would know there was nothing else that I could have done, I mean why let someone kill me or hurt me and then run off and do it to someone else? of course, I'm not saying let's go and kill some bad guys now.. so I guess I said more, but the gist is what Neph said.

5. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Death is no simple thing, there is no way to restore someone to life by modern technology. However... regarding whether or not I'd kill someone? I definately would, in defense of my home, my freedom, my friends or (when I have one) my family.

-UK

6. Novus

Novus Gone

I believe that human life is sacred. So I would avoid killing at all costs. However, I also believe that an element of human life is freedom and "quality of life", and I would fight to preserve these ideals. Nevertheless, I wouldn't kill if I could avoid it.
    If I witnessed something like a rape or attempted murder in progress or something like that, I would do my best to intervene. Even at risk to myself, I feel it's only right to look out for each other. However, if I had somehow wrestled a gun from an attacker's hands and had the opportunity to shoot them, I'd probably just whack him until he passed out instead.
    It's not my place to decide who lives or dies, so I'm going to avoid killing people.

7. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

In all honesty, I'm liable to snap and just randomly stab someone in the eye with a screwdriver, then twist it around until I can slam it further up into their brain. Then rip it out and jab into their jugular seven times, then smack them around and say "*****, apologize for bleeding on my ****ing shirt!"

Honestly, yeah... I'd probably kill someone. At the point, I wouldn't care of they had a family or if they were successful or had somethin to look forward to or anything. I would just do it.

Of course, I'd probably feel guilty and bash my head against a wall repeatedly after I did it, then run from the authorities, get caught, then get sentenced to death.. but.. y'know.. at least the bastard is dead now, yeah?

8. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

If I have reason to kill another, it will happen. If they can no longer be ignored or avoided, they shall be removed. This measure would be used as a last resort, for I would have that persons soul weighing heavy on my heart. I cannot say it would come by my hand, but if it is needed it will occur, whether it fails or succeeds.

9. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

If someone attacked I would try to stop them without killing them, you know just beat them up really bad, but if the only way to win was to kill I would.
    And I would also kill someone if it ment the only way of stoping them from do any massdesrection or harm to anyone.

10. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I would prefer to immbolize a person rather than kill them if I had the upper hand. But if some guy was guning for me, or anyone else I cared in the least bit for, well... killing the guy before they do their harm is all the justification I need (whatever the law might say about it afterwards).

11. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Nah, not me, I'm a semi-pacifist. I might engage in a brawl or something to try and render the attacker unable to kill (Hence my not being a total pacifist), but I would never take the life of another human voluntarily.

12. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

I think i would if there was no legal consequence for it.And definitely if i was defending myself or was a soldier.

13. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

same here

but this dosent mean i wouldn't beat the crap out of some one for annoying me beyond the stars:confused:

WARNING PEPSL POST.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

Bah, I would just give them a large shotgun blast to the gonads and then run away. :D

15. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

I would only be able to kill someone if they were threatening a life otherwise I don't think I can even bare the thought of ending a life for any other reason. I hate war. Trying to settle a political issue is no excuse for destroying another person of your own race because no matter what political party, religion or race you are we're all human. And taking the life of someone fighting for what they believe in is no different than killing any other person.
    But that's the way we live.
    It's a sad world:(

16. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I agree it is truely a sad world and wars and killing settlely nothing.

But one thing is true, Humen are the only things abile to hate and kill its own kind for such a pothetic reason.

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Wrong. I hereby present to you territoriality in animals, ranging from simple "this is MY area" mentalities to colony wars between ant colonies.

18. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Same here...If I was defending my self or another person I would kill someone...but it also depends on the situation....no legal consequences...then maybe.....

Misao

19. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Some people voted that they would "kill for fun." I know that killing animals are fun, and I'm sure that there's probably some kind of fun in killing a useless, homeless, stranger. But killing an average person (someone with a decent life and lots of friends) can be wicked, don't you think? Not only in the immediate moral sense on the day of the murder, but it's wicked in that the dead person's friends and families are gonna hate you forever. That, when you have dozens, maybe even thousands of people wanting you destroyed, is a pretty cold, frightening feeling to me.

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I can pretty much guarantee that anyone who answered "kill for fun" has never seen the look of a dying person, nor actually used any sort of weapon with a degree of lethality even in practice, and are for whatever reason playing the "psycho" facade to attention ***** levels.

Oh, and if you people will stand out and raise your hand, I will gladly kill you, not for fun but for the betterment of mankind. If you're lying and just trying to be spooooooky, well, we don't need melodramatics. If somehow you actually meant it, then consider it a pre-emptive strike.