Debate Would you ever kill someone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seraphinx, Oct 30, 2003.

?

Would you ever kill someone?

1. Yeah, I'd do it for fun.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Yeah, but only for my own survival.

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. I'd attack someone, but I hope it won't kill them.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. I'll kill if I'm ordered to (if I was a cop or soldier)

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. If a scary-looking dude sneaked into my house at night, maim or kill, I'd show no mercy!

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. For a good purpose, but I'd let someone else do the killing for me.

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. No, I'd never kill anyone even if it meant preventing further disasters.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

i would kill for money, which appears to be missing. :bleed2:

2. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

You knoe. I think I'd do it for survival. BUT gang members got it different. I wish I were a true assassin in them old times.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I don't think I'd kill someone, even though if s/he would kill me, I will try to knock them unconsious, and if it didn't work, maybe kill..

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

this is going to sound insanly weird...youve been warned

anyway...i live by the samurai code of honor...i know there are people who will try to kill me...and i also know that in a fight its kill or be killed...but at the same time i know that death is natural and that by my choice to live by the sword i run the risk of dying by it as well....so i would kill only in the defense of myself and my family...but to kill just for pleasure i see as tainting the way of the warrior...i also see that in a fight...my opponent has an equal opportunity to kill me as well...

anyway...thats my stance on killing...im weird i know it...

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No, you aren't weird H_G, and insisting you are really does only make you look like a sympathy beggar. But anyway...

You essentially said this: "I would kill, but only in defense."

Congratulations, you fit into the majority opinion. BTW, you can live the Bushido without actually being a warrior.

6. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

this sound familiar H_G?
    that's part of thou sig

7. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Here's an interesting take on the question. Read this:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20031215/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_s_capture

Now, say you're in charge of the operation and you've just discovered Saddam. You have the option of killing him; the few soldiers around you will go along with whatever you do and you can tell the press that Saddam resisted (For he did have a pistol and a shotgun with him when he was captured). Knowing that Saddam has personally murdered so many people and caused so much pain, would you just drop the grenade in there and end one of the most evil rulers in recent history? Even though I'm a total pacifist, I'm still not sure if I could resist being able to put down such a monster.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

"BTW, you can live the Bushido without actually being a warrior."

im aware of this but since i was something like 7 or 8 i trained to become a warrior...i picked up a sword and learned the way of the samurai...it was my descion to be a warrior...and thats how i govern my life...

"this sound familiar H_G?
    Quote:
    "An assassins blade is sharp but perhaps the blade of one who refuses to kill is sharper"

that's part of thou sig"~Naruto

what about it?

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Sure thing...

That Guy.;)

10. Duke of Wolfe

Duke of Wolfe New Member

Heh, my religion has always told me to kill if another's life is in danger. And I have always agreed with that, so that's the path I follow. However, It has always been my dream to be in the U.S.A.F. If I am ordered to kill someone, I will certainly do so in trust that my country knows the current situation, and I hope that my actions help to keep others safe.

11. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

... If your religion told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? Sure it looks like it's giving you a "Reason" to kill, but it's not giving very specific definations (Unless you are giving the nut-shell version) of "Life in danger" so who are you to judge wether it's right to just take a life because some book said it's ok? Religions fine, just dont enforce yours upon others... in this case, killing them. Maim the attacker or protect the attacked person.

12. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

In my religion killing is considered the BIGGEST moral wrong. HUGE. It's freakin WRONG!

However, if I needed to kill for my own survival, I would- for example- if some guy were to tackle me and try to rape me, well, I'm not going to take it!

I have this ring that I wear every day- innocent looking thing, costume jewelery- however, turn it on a 90 degree angle and you realize there is a very sharp edge on it. That is my weapon of self-defense. One punch with that and they're down.

Basically, I wouldn't kill for pleasure or for a cheap thrill, but if my life was in danger, I would kill if needed. (Plus, my religion says you can bend the rules a little if needed.)

13. shippou

shippou New Member

kill someone

if someone were to pay me a lotttttt of money yes...........
    but never if it was someone close to me
    like my mam , dad , or shoz.........or kenzie or senko, or dsl

14. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I guess I did forget to add that as a poll selection. It seems it would be a combination of kill-for-fun (since money can be used for fun) and kill-if-ordered-to (since being "ordered to" means there's a higher power requesting it for some cause, and the contract to kill can be that request/power).

15. fluffyofthewind

fluffyofthewind New Member

come on. we all know those kinda people just want to be noticed.i think if your gonna kill yourself then do it. i mean if you want a knife just ask me. just don't put me through all that "im gonna kill myself"and not do it crap

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you say that now, but have you ever had a friend do that crap?
    i've had 3 say it. 2 try it, and one of them actually getting mental help after he tried to hang himself.

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

its one of the most disheartening experiences hearing about a friend who tried to kill themselves...its news that i had hoped to never hear...but then again i guess that what my friends were thinking when i tried to kill myself...who knows...but its not news that you want to hear...

18. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

You know what really suck is when you find out that a friend did kill him-self.
    That happen to me two years ago.