Yu-Gi-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh! (manga)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Stardust Phox, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

Well 've never read the manga before. I on the other hand like the anime. I love Yami's voice and I think it was well done. Way too many comericals though.I heard that the manga version was kinda scary. I'd like to check it out though sometime. My brother is actually gonna get the manga volumes 31 and 32 I think. Whatever though.
    so his name is Malik. huh? Didn't know, and why don't you like reading manga the original way? I love it and the manga artists don't get mad at the publishers cuz when they print it the american- western, style, the art is backwards so the people can see the mistakes of the artists. I love reading then the traditional japanese way.

2. malik_girl

malik_girl New Member

Yami looks...different..in the manga...he has no nose!
    but still fricken hot *drools*

3. Kawaii-neko163

ahahahaha really? no nose?...hmmm...I love yami!

4. malik_girl

malik_girl New Member

yes, i let mai friend see the SJ, and she drew a nose on all of the Yami pics!
    yes!
    Pharoah Yami will rule once more!
    MWA-HA-HAAA!! *cough*
    lol
    i also like Malik, and Yami Bakura :D

5. Fushigi Rockna

I don't like reading original manga style in BIG BOOKS. I dunno it make sme somewhat confused, I emna in a small issue, sure... but inj a big graphic novel...

But that's only becasue I got lost in my friend's Cowboy bebop 100% MANGA graphic novel. o_O

And yes it's malik

6. Kawaii-neko163

It's just reading right to left. It's easy and you get used to it when you read like that for a while. plus from right to left you get to see the art the original way. everythings backwards when it's western style. it annoys me. but hey you can like whatever style, i'm really used to reading it japanese style and when i go to japan i won't read the books western style and start reading the end. hahahaha. it takes getting used to but it's great in the end.:D

7. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

to me they kida kreep me out as pervs. I do agree anime Yami is hot.but in the manga he looks as if he's going to jump out and take u away.back to the pervert thing, I think it's funny, but I hope Anzu doesn't cath them:p aha

8. Kawaii-neko163

aahahahahahaha!!!:anime: yes I totally agree!! I got a glace at Yami in the mang and i was like :eek: !!!! It freaked me out so much. It seemed as if he was gonna kill the bully!! the anime Yami is so...ahhhh...dreamy!! My nothing can beat my Oujirou!!! Yami comes close. I have so many hot guys!!:D

9. darkmagiciangrl

same here.:p U could say I'm one of the girls who will fall for any guy who seems hot;) & u know that's going to get me in trouble.-aha (yugi's laugh):rolleyes:

10. Kawaii-neko163

*giggle* Your right!! hmmmm....ya no what? I really wish there was someway to enter a manga or anime and have just as much fun as the characters!! by being with them!! man that would be awesome. Heeeeheeee....I wish i could enter the angelic layer, clamp school dectectives, fruits basket and such mangas!! heehee that would be fun!!! way better than school...yuck. I wanna play angelic layer too!! make my own angel too!! It would look like Yami!! heehee down to the puzzle and his flying cape. heehee!! he'd have wicked and stylish kicks and tricks, muhahahahahahaha!!! anyway....I really wish there was someone like Yami or Oujirou...that would be awesome!!;)

11. Fushigi Rockna

Oh and strach everything I said about not liking reading manga to original way in big books like novels, I got the volume 1 of Angelic Layer and read it that way, made perfect sense.

For see i got confused when i was reading my friend Cowboy Bebop manga on like page two, I thought I was reading soemhting wrong, or i missed soemthing... maybe it's just ebcause you need to read all of Cowboy Bebop to get it? v_v

Oh well, I've gotten over the damn fear... reading Angelic Layer manga style was great and just came naturally.

Did you know, that in Angelic Layer, there's a idol called Seto Ringo and another girl who is as cold as ice called Jounouchi Sai? :rolleyes: Sai is like a female kaiba... but with snady blonde hair like Jounouchi's... she evcen had a little sister who died that she cared for very much. ;_; Ringo's just a bubbley singer with pigtails named after a surviving Beatle. XD

12. darkmagiciangrl

If there was some way, no one would ever find me in this world! I'd be gone every second.:p

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Time to start up another old topic. Why do I always come late?

Anyways, Does anyone read YuGiOh via Shonen Jump?

I couldn't believe how much the Anime leaves out. I was hoping to see certain parts but I am glad I didn't on others. I hate the whole Death T thing. Kaiba is freaky.

14. Rath15

Rath15 New Member

undefined
    yugioh is a kool show i watch it pretty much everyday..teas hot:)

15. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

I have to say that the manga is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the anime. the shadow games are really cool. the only bad thing is that the drawings are not that good in the first book. they get better. i can't beleive how much of a pervert yugi and jonachi are lol.

16. Basher

Yeah they are lol. I like the shadpw game that the guy in the truban did I think Shadi is his name.

17. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

My favorite shadow game is the one yugi plays with the escaped convict. the convict deserved to catch on fire.

18. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

You must mean Jackpot, prisoner number 777. Hes in Dungeon Dice Monsters too. My favorite shadow game is the Monster Fighter one. The Capmon game was cool too. I want a Monster Fighter! Right now I have all 17 Shonen Jump. I cant wait till #18, I get to see what happens to Tetsuo and Hikaru (Hikaru No Go)! :anime:

19. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

thanks 4 reminding me of the prisinors name.

i also like the shadow game the pharoh has with shadi in his mind.
    shadi is kinda creepy in my oppinion.

20. Basher

Well in the manga he is and in the anime he isn't to bad. So far the Manga is way different from the Anime atleast the dubbed version. There are a few things different in the subbed. I also liked the shadow game in which there was a stack of money and the bully. I think that is right or was it in the anime?

Basher