Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Aeris is shown in Cloud's arm in the same lifestream pool he 'sank' her after she was killed by Septhiroth.

Though not fully confirmed anyone who knows Vincent/seen Vincent from the game will know that (from the second trailer in particular) he is definetely him. Also in the 2nd trailer the 'cloaked' person jumping off the tree was immediately after the scene of Barett waving his new arm-gun and his cheesy grin. That suggests IMO that he is Vincent as the trailer seemingly is re-introducing his comrades.

And... to Amon, even Zack's cameo appearance is out of the question in FF:AC, to put it bluntly. He wasn't a key figure... making a what, 5 minute appearance in the whole game.

- Shen

2. Dante

Dante New Member

He was more of a key figure than everyone would like to think. After all, in the flashbacks to Nibelheim, who we saw as Cloud was Zack, not to mention Zack is who he dressed as and took the weapon of, in which he held for the entire length of the game. As well as Zack being Aerith's significant other (in spite of many people denying it, it's quite obvious).

As I said; more than some would like to think. :)

3. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

Any idea where one would find this outta interest?

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

5. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

Yea, I found it on GotWoot just after posting this. Thanks though.

And from observing the DVD quality version of the trailer off of the adventschildren.net, you can clearly see it's Vincent jumping at the camera, which is nice, hope he gets good scenes in the film.

6. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I've got a trailer of FFVII: AC it looks amazing :anime:

If someone tells me how to add it to a post I can show it to ya all :anime:

7. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

The trailer is too big to be on this site... There are links already to download the trailer from page 1 of this thread.

- Shen

8. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I wonder... Is Tifa in the movie? I haven't seen any screenshots of her.

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It's all in the waiting and hoping now. But or a character as big as her. It would be quite foolish to leave her out.

- Shen

10. Misakichi

Misakichi New Member

I can't wait for it to be released this summer! It looks so cool!(I'll probally buy the region 2 dvd though..square-enix usa's dubs of the games are horrible(the timing is off, what their saying dosn't move with what their lips are saying ect.) so I'm not sticking around to see what they do to advent children(plus the japanese voices always sound better to me for some reason).

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

It's possible that the dubb for the movie would be perfect with the timing and lips movements etc(referring to the 1000 words FMV).. I mean judging Final Fantasy X-2 I was TOTALLY AMAZED to see Yuna actually Singing in english, with the correct lip movements.

Square doesn't consider FFAC a movie but rather a Non-Playable-sequel (NPS)... I don't see the difference really... anyways I don't know if Square will put the extra effort as it did with FFX-2

12. Misakichi

Misakichi New Member

I doubt it. Plus I've got most of my Final Fantasy things in their original form(as in japanese). And no dub is ever perfect. Sen no Kotoba and rearu Emotion's english version songs were not translated correctly just so they would somewhat corrospond with what the lips were moving to.

13. Dante

Dante New Member

Okay then, you do it perfectly. :D I'm lookign forward to what you come up with, be sure to drop me a line when you're done!

14. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

WOW MORE SCREEN SHOTS! AND TIFA IS IN THEM.
    My applogies, I get so excited over little updates.

Well Tifa is in the screen shots and does show a little resemblance to Rinoa. She's wearing black.

To see more:
    RPGgamer

Attached Files:

15. Dante

Dante New Member

Heh, I could've dealt without Tifa. :p Though it's cool Vincent's in it and the new characters look pretty sweet. I just wish there were some flashback sequence featuring Zack (my favorite character, tyvm).

Apparently it seems there's a shot or two of the Turks there, or so the captions say. :-o Anyone find any other good shots of the Turks from AC by any chance? If so that would be so groovy... mm.. I'd kill to see a good FMV shot of Reno.

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Much better quality pictures of Tifa, the Turks and presumeably Vincent at the official Advent Children site. Link to the pictures found here

But if you're lazy... these are basically the main ones that are attaractive...

[​IMG]
    The Turks - Rude and Reno

[​IMG]
    Tifa

[​IMG]
    and her again

[​IMG]
    Vincent

[​IMG]
    Presumeably Marlene

- Shen

17. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

To amon, Zack was a plot device, there is no plausible way to incorporate him into the story of this movie except via flashback, its like trying to incorporate scorpion guard.

Personally im more worried about the real characters that havent been seen yet (like Cid, Red and Yuffie, If anyone has shots of them id be really appreciative)

I saw one of the newer trailers and from what i can see there are quite a few sephy clones. I'd put my money on sephiroth being wheelchair guy.

Is it me or does sephiroth look like marilyn manson in the flashback.

Update: I just checked the shots on adventchildren.net

One clone with a sword
    One clone with a gun arm
    One clone is female with no visible weapon

Is it possible that they are Cloud, barret and tifa Countermeasures?

18. Dante

Dante New Member

Only, Scorpion Guard WASN"T a plot device, just another POS boss. :p Zack was important to the game considering, y'know, Cloud pretty much WAS Zack up until a certain point.

If there weren't countless morons like yourself belittling one of the more important characters just because he didn't have as many lines as Red XIII/Nanaki, or didn't curse as much as Cid, or you couldn't even use him in a flashback battle, it'd be perfectly plausible for him to be in a flashback scene in the game.

Anyways... now seeing that Reno pops up, I am happy (even IF the names for the Sephiroth-clones are.. blech).

Also, about the Sephiroth-clones... loosely translated, they are as follows:

Rods: The one with the short hair and the blaster upon his arm
    Kaddish: The one with medium-length hair that wields a katana
    Yazoo: The long-haired one who has a rather nifty-looking gunblade

19. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

You mean Scorpion Guard is going to be in it too? Alright, he's my favourite character!

20. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

To amon
    I know scorpion guard wasnt really a plot device I just couldnt think of anyone offhand.
    Listen Moron Your only reason for liking zack is that nobody else does, You say he's your favourite in the hopes that people think that you have orignal idea. Yes cloud had issues with that whole; oohh no i'm not me so who am i, crap. But that doesnt mean zack is as important as you make him out to be (should this be in a different thread?)

I know you already know zack has no real way to appear in the movie, so this is a pointless discussion.

To put what i've already said in a better way:
    It's like trying to incorporate any background character into a primary part of the plot.
    Does anyone else remember the Fangirl petition to get a character known only as Figwit to be in the second two Lord of the rings movies, (figwit stands for "frodo is great who is this" he's a background character for christs sake :anger2: )
    But I realise that Zack is more than just background, just not much more.

I still cant think of a decent analogy...Damn.

And for the second time :
    Sephiroth looks like Mr manson does he not?