Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

From the looks of it it seems as if you are just trying to "own" me because you cannot think of a proper way to express your views.

Yes, one of the reasons I like Zack is because he's a lesser known and liked character. It's beyond common for people to be fans of the "underdog" or the "lesser" characters.

If you think about it, as far as we know characters like Barret and Tifa and Vincent and Sephiroth and even the Turks, who we all know are present as of now, could have had just as much reason to be in as Zack could have. That's the point, to manipulate a story to incorporate certain characters into it, that is what Square does, they are finding ways to include characters that they believe people will enjoy seeing return. It's hardly known what's going on in the story with the exception that we have three Sephiroth clones running around, we see a flashback of Sephiroth in Nibelheim, Vincent, Barret, Tifa, Reno and Rude all return and for some reason Cloud thinks he looks more bad*** with a pair of sunglasses on. And we can't forget "Wheels".

The way you are currently putting things, it's as if you are saying the man in the gutter adds more contribution to the game than Zack. :) Zack must have some fanbase after all (Square even featured him in Ehrgeiz).

Either way, I recommend that you take a chill pill and learn to calm down. You'll last longer that way.

And, no. Sephiroth doesn't look like Marilyn Manson.. I just can't see the eye-contacts, the red hair, the fake breast implants and looks as if he has serious interest in being bulimic.

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

New trailer out... check this link. The file is currently only viewable on the site so you'll have to wait for it to download. It's around 20mbs... But it's worth it.

LINK

- Shen

3. Rem

Rem New Member

wo wow, calm down amon and manga monkey, jeez your both right to an extent. God!!. Yes it is usual for people to like the lesser characters, I mean in the ff7 game I rathered Vincent to Cloud, and Vincent wasnt really needed, you could go through the game without him (I think). I am sad that he wasnt in any FMV's tho. Oh yeah and Reno is in advent children ^_^.

Stop calling eachother morons! yah bunch of morons!!

lol. ok, I am looking forward to the film.

bye bye

xx

4. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

you're a funny man amon, need i remind you of the boba fett fan base.

about the chill pills i think you're right, since being on this forum i've been in around 263 pointless arguments (it's basicly because i dont like being called a moron by a complete stranger :sad: and i get easily frustrated :dizzy: )

about the ownage, I OWNZ TEH WORLD FOOL :anime:

And Rem you're meant to be on my side. You're my girlfriend for christ's sake :anger2:

And Mister Manson hasn't had red hair since mechanical animals as far as I know. same goes for the androgenous(sic?) suit (they're not implants fool)

5. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

is this the new e3 english dub or just another japanese trailer?
    If it's the japanese one there are a couple of thousand other place where you dont have to wait for the site to download it,
    But i've been having trouble with the english dub version, (after all it only came out two days ago)

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It is an english dubbed one. I don't think there are any other places which screens this at the moment.

- Shen

7. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Damn...I hate my lack of bandwidth.

I had to watch the smallest version of the movie, so the new footage was kind of lost on me. I mean i could see what was going on but in no detail.

So going by the voice over (who sucked so many balls its quite impossible to count)

I get the impression that the new guys are just kids, kind of like any young group that get pulled into a cult or something. Whether or not they are actually clones is in question in my mind now.

what i could see of the new footage the "clone" standing by what i assume to be sephiroth looks a lot like connor from angel.

the designers at square-enix really like pretty-boys dont they.

I hope you guys think im scum but I know I'll be downloading the first fan subbed edition to hit the net. (or at least letting a friend of mine do it, heheh)

(oh and as a p.s. there is one other place i know of that shows this, the link is in here somewhere. but they redirect you to another site and you'll need membership to get it :sad:, or at least i think its the same one )

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Yes... that's the official FFVII:AC site. It redirects you to the site I have been telling you all about in th previous page...

- Shen

9. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

oops, i haven't read any of this thread :shy:

The square-enix site has a story section, does anyone have a translation, (if its in adventchildren.net you don't have to tell me. I'm about to check there)

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

With the film drawing near the plot is still almost entirely unknown. So the question there lies...

1. Who is the white-robed wheel-chair person?

2. Who are these Silver-Haired Men?

3. How are the 'children' going to be involved?

Following numerous rumours on these 3 infamous questions, I hereby recommence these speculation at boards.jp!

How do you view it?

- Shen

11. Dante

Dante New Member

ad·vent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dvnt)
    n.
    The coming or arrival, especially of something extremely important: the advent of the computer.
    Advent
    The liturgical period preceding Christmas, beginning in Western churches on the fourth Sunday before Christmas and in Eastern churches in mid-November, and observed by many Christians as a season of prayer, fasting, and penitence.
    Christianity. The coming of Jesus at the Incarnation.
    Christianity. See Second Coming.

Sephiroth
    Sephiroth is a Hebrew word, which derives from the Cabbala, a branch of religious lore that has its roots in Jewish mysticism. It states that at the creation, God sent a pulse of energy out into the void. This branched into ten aspects or spheres, numbered 1-10. The Sephiroth. To return to God, a Cabbalist must conquer each of the Sephiroth.

Sephiroth
    This name derives from the Kabbala, a religious lore that has its origins in Jewish mysticism:
    "At the Creation," explains Kabbalist spokesman Steve Edelman, "God sent out a pulse of energy into the void. It presently branched and sorted into ten distinct spheres or aspects, corresponding to the numbers 1-10. These are known as the Sephiroth. To return to God, the soul must negotiate each of the Sephiroth, from ten back to one. Armed with magic and faith, Kabbalists have set out to conquer the Sephiroth. Many Kabbalist secrets have to do with making the trip successfully.
    "Now the Sephiroth fall into a pattern, which is called the Tree of Life. It is also the body of God. Drawn among the ten spheres are 22 paths. Each path corresponds to a letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and also to one of the cards called 'Major Arcana' in the Tarot.
    "Some Sephiroth are active or masculine, others passive or feminine. But the Tree itself is a unity, rooted exactly at the Bodenplatte. It is the axis of a particular Earth, a new dispensation, brought into being by the Great Firing."
    (Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon, p. 753)

~ ~ ~

Now I'm sure a few of you are wondering what I'm getting yet and as manic and inane as it might seem I am using this short bit of information to derive that the trio we see are in fact clones of Sephiroth (just compare the word "advent" in the subtitle Advent Children with the meaning in which the name Sephiroth was supposedly devised and I'm sure you could draw that conclusion as well.. I could easily be wrong, but I wouldn't put it past Square to do something like that).

I also would not put it past Square to make it that either Hojo or Sephiroth was actually the wheel-chair bound person. They can always find a way for these things, maybe one of them made it into the Lifestream and the same thing happened to them as happened to Cloud in the first game and they lose it (well... whatever they had). Also we never really see ANYTHING about this character so it's obviously (in my opinion) meant to be something that will be dramatic meaning A) Someone we know (Hojo, Sephiroth, or the likes) or B) Someone that bares such a resemblence to someone we know that it's shocking (Hojo, Sephiroth, or the likes). (This is all unless I missed a shot where we actually see more of the Wheels).

Assuming that these are clones of Sephiroth and that it is Hojo or Sephiroth within the wheel-chair it is possible that these clones feel some kind of contempt for Cloud, Tifa, Barret and Vincent to the point that they seek revenge or perhaps the wheel-chair bound person orders an attack.

Another question that wasn't asked as it was probably minor but I wanted to advance on was the inclusion of the Turks; now this could go either of two ways; the Turks side with the Children, or they side with Cloud and Co. Judging from the one shot we see it looks as if confrontation is inevitable between Reno & Rude and the Children, so I believe that perhaps Reno and Rude (and if she's present, Elena) make a temporary pact with Cloud and Co. (after all they have let them slide numerous times, they helped when Yuffie and Elena were taken by Don Conero(sp) and at the end of the game the last battle with the Turks is optional as Reno states that since Shin-Ra is dead they no longer have any problems with Cloud and Co., though I'm sure Elena would beg to differ).

This is just all that I think, personally.

12. Dante

Dante New Member

A little bit of an update, even though I'm a day late, I had just checked this, and decided I'd point it out for anyone that may have missed it

http://mokkori67.free.fr/IMG_000063.jpg : Original Scan

http://mokkori67.free.fr/vjump619_enhanced.jpg : Enhanced Scan

Unfortunately it seems that in either pic, Reno's face looks like ***. ;\ Shame, was looking forward to what could have been a new avatar. :p

[EDIT]

And there is also this of note:

[/EDIT]

13. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

New scans reveals and confirms more characters!

Picture 1

Picture 2

- Shen

[edit]editted by request[/edit]

1 person likes this.
  14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

woo hoo about time cid and red showed up

i'd be impressed by the turks but they've been visible in previuos scans, and shen, damn why didn't you put a link instead of making the place looking untidy :anime:

what the hell is "before crisis" looks like fun

15. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Yuffie! And close up of red XIII and Cid! And Redo sticking his tongue out! LOL
    HERE

17. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

I think i asked this before but does anyone know of any fansub groups that will be working on this?

18. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

As for fansubs... I don't know, but will look it up if I can.

As for update... well, we finally have another new face :)

New scans

- Shen

1 person likes this.
  19. Dante

Dante New Member

I checked out this pic and was like "Okay, cool, it's Yuffie. I guess she's really not that bad"... then I noticed the dark-haired fellow in the bottom-left-hand corner and curiousity hit me like a ton of bricks dropped off the top of a skyscraper construction area.

So thus began my quest that lasted all of a good ten seconds. I clipped off the end of the link and visited the main site... and I was suddenly granted the greatest news I could have ever even imagined from Advent Children since the appearance of Reno and Rude...

Now... I am no fangirl...

But, yes... I will commence squeeling, thank you very much.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL*

As I tried to tell someone in this thread earlier... Zack damn-well deserves to be in AC. :p After all, he does have a shockingly large fanbase. XD I wouldn't be surprised of riots ensued over the lack of Zack (w00t, I made a rhyme).

I'm still, however, waiting to see a sight of Elena. :(

20. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I was going to put Zack on later but fair do... someone mentioned before me. Yes, it's quite interesting having Zack appear... it was kind of coming if you've seen the trailers. From how Cloud talked to himself in one of the scenes, he does mention Zack indirectly. And from that I felt a flashback of him might be possible... seems so.

So... all we're waiting for is Cait Sith really... Wheel chair person still remains a mystery.

- Shen