Saber Marionette Game: What If? (Massive Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

What worked in the Inuyasha forum may work here, so the same rules apply.

See here.

I'll warn you now that this thread will contain MASSIVE spoilers, so you may not wish to continue unless you've seen all of Saber Marionette J, J Again, and J to X. Although, I think it's okay if only posts on the first page contain spoiler tags.

To start:

What if Otaru had chosen one of Lime, Cherry, or Bloodberry instead of going back to Japoness alone? For this what if, we'll say, he chose Cherry.

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

OOOOOOOOoh fanfics! :D

You want us to write "what-if" fanfics? YAY! :D :D :D

OK Will somebody please write a "Otaru chooses Lime" fanfic, another an "Otaru chooses Cherry" fanfic, and another an "Otaru chooses Bloodberry" fanfic?

:D :D :D YAY! I'm excited! :D :D :D

*re-reads previous post*

:'( Boooh... just brief comments... NOT FAIR!

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Feel free to write fanfics if you want, but for this thread, I was intending to keep the responses short. But, go ahead and write as much as you want on the topic. And please, answer this one soon! I've got a whole bunch saved up I want to use.

4. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Why must you begin with such a hard one?! Oh well...

Naturally, Cherry would be ecstatic and Lime and Bloodberry heartbroken, Lime more heartbroken then Bloodberry, actually. Bloodberry would stay with the circus and Akashi would ease her pain, and in time, perhaps heal her wounds completely. Lime, who didn’t have anybody who could really ease her pain, would probably run into the wilderness. Cherry and Otaru would initially go to Japoness together, but as soon as they learn about Lime’s disappearance, they would go to search for her, and Dr. Hess... Ops, this is growing into a detailed summary for a fanfic! ^_^;

I am not prepared for this as well as Shinryu-san obviously is, but here is mine "what if" (not much of a spoiler, actually, but still for safety’s sake):

What if Hanagata didn’t follow Otaru to Gartlant?

P.S.

I have a lot of fanfic ideas in my head, and too little time and talent to write all these fanfics down, but thanks for giving me another fanfic idea, Shinryu-san!

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Ending my use of spoiler tags.

I don't know, somehow I think it would be a little different. I think
    that it was intended for Otaru to choose Lime. She was the only one without a real place to go. I mean, Cherry had the temple, and Bloodberry had the circus, but for Lime, she only had the hospital, which, as can be seen, causes heartache for her as well. It also seems that she's the only one who can't really take the rejection. Cherry said "I want Otaru-sama to choose me. It'll be alright even if he doesn't." and Bloodberry has Akashi, who we all know is in love with her. Lime simply said "I hope Otaru picks me." And she doesn't seem to have an alternative. Personally, I would probably handle it in this way: I would tell them that I was having a very difficult time choosing one of them because I love them all so much, and that I wanted them to pick the life they would want to live. If they thought they'd be happier in their new, Xi'an lives, then I would accept it, and let them stay here, but, they would always be welcome in my home, and if they wanted to come back to Japoness with me, I would gladly accept. I would also tell them to choose where they would prefer to be had I not chosen them, because then, if they would still be happier with me even having not been chosen, then they would be welcome to stay.

Answer to BRO's question: If Hanagata had not followed Otaru to Gartlant, he wouldn't be missed. :D No, but seriously, the guards would have less of a distraction, possibly leading to heavier defense on the main computer (manga calls it the Big Black Tree), and greater difficulty to accomplish the first part of the mission that, in the end, fails. So, perhaps Cherry and Otaru would have to retreat before laying the bombs, and they would have extras when Mickey gave them the resistance's. So, they would probably lay all the bombs in the little niche they were hiding in, expecting that many explosives to be powerful enough even not placed directly on the computer. They would likely then retreat, leaving the computer to be destroyed without a fight. Lime, Cherry, and Blooberry would not get angry at Otaru because he did not kiss Luchs, and the course of the next few episodes would be disrupted.

Here's a really tough one.

What would Otaru do if another person awakened Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry, and lived nearby in Kasahari? As a side note, he would see them all the time, but they would not chase him. What would happen?

6. luvweaver

Well, let's assume that it was Obiichi who awakened Lime.

This guy would literally, adore her. But I think that somehow she would eventually drive him mad with all her childish stuff. She's not the kind of person that a samurai kind of guy would really appreciate.

Cherry, however, is a VERY different story. Oops, going off-topic. *ahem* :sweat2:

Ok, so Obiichi awakens Lime. Sooner or later, they pick up Cherry, and Bloodberry. (Hmmm why do I find myself thinking more about Cherry/Obiichi? Just imagine how much she'd fantasize being rescued by man with BIG sword. :p )

So what would happen with Otaru? I think he'd get distracted with Lime and lose his training. AH, I have an idea. Maybe Obiichi would encommend Otaru with a VERY DIFFICULT mission: Raising and taking care of Lime (while he and Cherry um... :D i'll leave that to your imagination).

Still, in her current state, Lime would try to be as much time as possible with her Master... Meanwhile, Bloodberry would try to avoid that since she's fighting for Obiichi, too. But then she may find Otaru more attractive, so she'd change her attitude towards HELPING Lime go with Master Obiichi.

Hm... this is a love pentagon! :confused: who will go with whom?

-----

OK, my turn. what would happen if...
    Bloodberry had succeeded in taking Otaru to the circus alone? :D wee hee hee hee.... please keep your comments below PG-13 :rolleyes: *smirks*

-----

P.S. Congratulations to Shinryu for making such a wonderful thread!

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Obiichii wasn't who I had in mind, but... well done. I was thinking a more low-profile character like one of his neighbors (not Gennai or Hanagata). But you did an... interesting job of it. I think that Obiichii would still have a kind of longing for Koyuki, and wouldn't pay as much attention to Lime, Cherry, or Bloodberry, and besides, there is that whole "Obiichii is Rubens" thing. He does covertly serve Gartlant.

Kedo, ma ika. (But, oh well.)

If Bloodberry did succeed in taking Otaru to the circus, they would likely have a romantic and beautiful night, a PG-13 rated night. Cherry and Lime would likely get jealous and make Otaru take them on a date as well. Bloodberry would not meet Akashi, leading to her not being rescued in Phase... 14? 15? and Otaru would have to attempt it by himself. He might have succeeded, he might not have, but Bloodberry, if she saw his attempt, might recognize him, remember and escape on her own. If Otaru failed, however, she would be stricken with rage and grief. She would likely *remove* the gangsters rather violently, and then become very depressed because Otaru had died trying to save her. She may or may not try to find Cherry and Lime, and, even if she succeeded, she may not try to get them to remember because they would feel the pain of Otaru's death also.

See, even little things can have huge effects. They fan out, magnify, and blossom into HUGE chains of events, the outcome of which may be totally surprising.

What if Hess never realized how wrong he was at the end of J to X? You know with the "I finally realize what you're all about. You are... rays of light. (dies)"

[EDIT]Thanks for your thanks, Luvweaver-san![/EDIT]

8. luvweaver

Hmmmm.... I don't think how that could be relevant to the story. Mind explaining further?

9. Reisti Skalchaste

You know, right near the end, Hess realizes his errors, and apologizes to the girls. Then he says they're rays of light, while scanning them into the ship's computer. When the Neo-Mesopotamia explodes, their souls fly outward and go into the bodies of the newborn females.

I don't know, I was kind of tired when I came up with that one. Perhaps I should post a different question?

10. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Don’t worry, Shinryu-san, I’ll try to answer this one.

If Hess never realized how wrong he was at the end of J to X, there would be no “magic reset button” as he wouldn’t make a copy of Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry’s personalities (Can you really make a copy of a soul, even artifically created?! I doubt it, so I assume that he just copied their personalities) that would eventually be sent to three master clones. However, since it looked that three master clones’ genetic codes was designed to make them very much like Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry in appearance, it is possible that they would be like Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry in personality too, although possibly to a smaller degree. Although the cloned girls won't wake up by themselves, I think that Lorelei and Faust would still convince Otaru to adop them as his own, and... It’s kinda sad, but almost nothing would change, actually.

[Edit]

Cannot think of another "What if" right now, so post your next one, Shinryu-san!

[/Edit]

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Alrighty, this one's kinda simple, but here you are:

What if Otaru didn't get sick on their Xianese vacation? (You can tell I just rewatched Phase 15)

BTW, BRO, (lots of acronyms) I thought almost the exact same thing.

12. luvweaver

Wow, that one's hard.

Let's see...

To start, Hess wouldn't have kidnapped the marionettes, since they're always together. He had to separate them to kidnap them succesfully.

Which means he'd still have to lurk in the shadows, possibly planning something to get hold of their maiden circuits and then unlock the Mesopotamia.

I like this possibility. It would mean that maybe things would happen in an entirely different way (more fanfics, yay! :p )

:'( Now Iwant the series to continue, bwaaaaaaaaaa!

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Here's one for you.

What if the R-crew switched places with the J-crew? It's up to you to determine how much this encompasses, whether it's just Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry that switch, or everyone from Junior/Otaru, to Face/Faust, to Kyanny/Luchs. (Although it would probably be easier for just Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry that switch)

14. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Heh, although they're childs I think Otaru would have it easier because as I can see they're less problematic :p .
    However, Cherry (She's the only who really goes for Junior) would never be successful in her whish to marry with Otaru (unless Otaru is a pervert or the marionettes get an upgrade)

Also they aren't as powerful as the j-crew (except for Lime I think), so some of their missions would were a failure. (unless everybody were switched, but I don't see it logical, it would be to change SMR location only)

What if... Cherry wins Otaru's true love in Program 04?

15. luvweaver

Hmmm.... that's an interesting one.

I can bet that Cherry will suffer a MAJOR dissapointment due to Otaru not fulfilling her expectatives. After all, he's just a kid. Reality check, baby!

Then who knows, perhaps she could experience somewhat Bloodberry did in JtoX#6... and then returns home... so Bloodberry would begin to pester her for stealing her Otaru... while Lime ends up talking with Otaru and knowing him better. Before we find out, they fall in love. Hah! Who'd guess THAT would happen, eh? Bet you never saw this coming, Cherry :D

OK. My turn.
    WHAT IF...

the musicbox from JtoX #8 had broken (i.e. by accident it fell on the floor) and turned out to have a maiden circuit inside?

16. Reisti Skalchaste

I think not, luvweaver. I mean, if he didn't fulfill her expectations, why would she stay with him throughout all of the entire series? No, Cherry does love Otaru. Although she may be a little surprised to learn that he isn't the same as her imagination makes him, she still loves him. Keep the original series in mind. I think that, had Bloodberry not awakened, Cherry would eventually get him. In the time when it was just Otaru, Lime, and Cherry, Otaru did seem to be falling for her. Just watch Program 4, you'll see what I mean. Besides, Cherry didn't have to wait even that little bit of time to win my heart. As soon as I met her, I was in love, and my love for her has done nothing but grow.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

As for your question, I'll imagine it to be possible, even though Lime gave the music box back to the kid right away.

I think that another marionette would be built, looking like Lido, and the otome kairo would be placed into her. Voila. As for what would happen after that, I think Lime would be glad to have her friend back, but I'm not sure what the purpose of an otome kairo for Lido would be.

Oh well.

Continuing in a similar vein, what if Bloodberry did leave Japoness with Akashi in Phase 6?

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Forgive the double post, but an edit would go unnoticed.

Is it too hard? Can nobody think of anything? Alright, I'll post a new one.

This one has a specific target.

What if Jedimdo discovered that I did, indeed, have the real Cherry?

For non-Jedimdo members:

What if Otaru had simply let the girls go, to their 'demise' on the Mesopotamia, rather than fight it with all his might?

Like, he could have said something like: "I hate having to do this, but it's for the good of Terra II. That's why... That's why I'm going to let you go. That's why you should go and rescue Lorelei."

Or something. I don't know.

18. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Jedimdo shouts:

"CHERRY CHERRY WHERE ARE YOU?" ARE YOU OK? PLEASE ANSWER ME!"
    [Thought]What could had happened to her? She's a Saber Marionette after all, a combat designed marionette[/Thought] I almost run through almost all the house

"Jedimdo*-sama? What's happening?" she asks me from the kitchen

"Oh, you're here Cherry, everything is fine now. Now, someone is gonna pay" [Obvious target]

"Jedimdo-sama? On the table is new mail for you" It seems that traditional mail still works. I'd just like it had worked with a huge inbox as my current email

"An anime convention? BJP? That's a good chance"

[Serious]
    Well, the girls went to the Mesopotamia without Otaru even with his fight against it. They already knew what to do. They were 100% mature. Their love for him wouldn't change and everything in the space would had happened the same. But for Otaru two things could happened:
    1. He never or too much later would realized how much he really loves them
    2. He thinks he doesn't deserve them and asks them to search their freedom. The girls can't do it because of their strong love for Otaru. Otaru tries to forget his love and marries with Lorelei

Someone will love this one: :rolleyes:
    What if Otaru marries with Lorelei after the end of SMJ?

[EDIT]If you feel more confortable with a J2X situation then go ahead

19. luvweaver

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

OK.

I can imagine little Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry preparing Lorelei's wedding dress! :anime:

And they'll carry the tail in the ceremony... ah i can see it. Otaru will be nervous... and Lorelei will blush. When the kiss arrives, Lorelei bites her lip and lowers her head, blushing.

Bloodberry tells Otaru to go ahead, and nudges him.
    "Bloodberry!!!"
    Lorelei giggles.
    Otaru finally gathers the courage to approach Lorelei... and tenderly kisses her.

The people attending the ceremony cheers... and Hanagata cries (it could be jealousy, it could be just the sweetness of the moment, who knows?)

And Luchs will narrate the moment in front of the Camera (remember she's a news reporter now).

The scene ends with a family picture of Otaru, Lorelei, the girls, and EVERYONE ELSE!

THE END :)

Sugoiiiiiiii I loved it!!!! :anime:

---
    OK my turn. This one's gonna be interesting. WHAT IF...

Cherry had been the one to awaken at the Japoness Museum of History... *accidentally* (no human involved)?

(Ooooh ficwriters are welcome to post this at the small fics thread)

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Accidentally? Well, I figure she would wander around Japoness, until I found her, and gave her a place to live, and someone to love. :p

Or... she'd probably wind up at a temple like in J to X, taking care of a bunch of orphans.

(I'm surprised I wrote so little.) As for my above 'What if' to Jedimdo, I suppose I could have worded it better. But, meh.

What if Otaru had awakened Tiger, Luchs and Panther, and Faust got Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry? (Ooh, I don't think I like this one...)