Recreation Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stardust Phox, Aug 30, 2002.

1. lil angel

lil angel New Member

i prolly won't be able to see it till 3 months after it comes out on video :(

2. ianslove

ianslove New Member

Saturday was "Harry Potter Day"

:eek: ***THERE ARE A FEW SPOLIERS IN HERE***:eek:

ok, first of all i was late to the movie after running around to the bank & whatnot & i didn't get to the theater til 12:40 or so. jason was already inside (the movie started at 12:15). so i go in & jason gives me his ticket. i got in at the part right after herbology class (i did see neville pass out).

i loved it. i didn't think that i saw enough of ginny, & where are the rest of the classes?, but i did love it.

& the basilisk didn't look like a snake. it looked like some kinda nightmare thingy, not a snake.

jason (old friend from high school) did bring something to my attention; when harry confronted lucius malfoy in the hallway & set dobby free, the first word of the curse malfoy was putting on harry was "advara". which means he was gonna kill harry. which isn't surprising. but i did yell "go dobby!" in front of a few dozen strangers. ah, well.

later, i went to best buy & bought a nintendo gameboy advance, harry potter & the sorcerer's stone game & harry potter & the chamber of secrets game and the soundtrack for hp:cos. all in all, $176. in other words, i went nuts.

& when i got home, harry potter & the sorcerer's stone was on hbo!!

& i've been playing hp:ss since. on the bus. at lunch. at home. late at night. early in the morning. at the moment, i'm still stuck in the maze after snape's storeroom. that flying bug thing & the green goblins keep killing me before i can get any more beans.

so that's it. just thought you'd wanna know. :)

3. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

AAAH!

So, the games, do they look really good on the GB Advanced? I wanna get them, but I'm not sure the graphics'll look good on the GBA...

...and Chamber of Secrets still isn't here. It'll probably arrive tomorrow (Thursday), which strikes me as odd -- it should be here by now. *ponder* Nope, wait, I'd calculated it right -- I'd said "It'll be here on Thanksgiving." I think it will be. ^_^;; I wanna go see it.

Oh, I'm almost done with Goblet of Fire. ^_^ It's so awesome.

4. Bau

Bau New Member

hello ummm when is the 5th HP book coming out im really confused about that..... ummmm when????
    oh i played the GBA game it was ok it short though and its really confusing, i think that its an ok game you should borrow someone elses copy though i wouldn't buy it untill you've played it. but it is a good game don't get me wrong!!!!

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Re: Saturday was "Harry Potter Day"

Actually basilisks never looked like a snake.

When I get a chance I'll scan a few pictures of basilisks.

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

That's right, I heard basilisks are supposed to be lizardy things, not snakes.

Mog, I heard the fifth book comes out June 2003. ^__^;;

And I finished Goblet of Fire. My reaction: "WHAAAA?? HOW??? WHY!!!" ^__^;

7. Bau

Bau New Member

spifftastic all thanks i'll tell my sis she'll be happy i think...
    oh yeah arn't balistics like iganuas er' something??
    yeah thats it...i think:dizzy2:

8. ianslove

ianslove New Member

well, i have beaten them both now. i like the look of hp:ss better than hp:cos but hp:cos had more...details.

9. shohen

shohen New Member

Its a very good series with a very good story line I like it because every detail is perfect I already started reading the fith one and man is it good. (Not to brag or anything but I'm already on page 200 I've only been reading it for two days)But the games are horrible I hate them I wish that they were never invented the only one that is worth my while is the first game that came out that game was okay but on a scale to one to ten 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest I give it a 5 an average because it could use some work.:D :rolleyes: :glazed: :dizzy2: :bleed: :( :) :eek:

10. ianslove

ianslove New Member

EEk! I haven't been here in ages!

Well, I got Order of the Phoenix and read it in about 7 hours...cried...and have started my re-read already.

11. shohen

shohen New Member

You lie you didnt read it in seven hours I average 100 pages a day so I'll finish it in the next 4 days.

12. ianslove

ianslove New Member

*puts up right hand*
    I swear I did finish it in 7 hours! I had nothing else to do, I speed read and I started at about 10 a.m. and was done before "Sakura" came on NKH.

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

wow, only 100 pages a day? hehe i can take out a 300 pager in 9 hours...took me a day to read order of the pheonix...and i want the next 2 damnit...grr...i really hate how it ended...soo...sad...<cry>

14. ianslove

ianslove New Member

I know! If only to find out what score he got on the O.W.L.s!

But if I see that "Rowling:potter might not survive to adulthood" quote on MSN.com one more time I'm going to scream.

My favorite new character has to be Luna Lovegood.

15. Ryokos_hellyen

Ryokos_hellyen New Member

5th book

yeah well im done reading the fifth book and i've only had it one day so far but it was really good i got the one the comes out here ( in england ) and the one from to US i've heard some pretty bizzar stuff about whats in the book but found them to mostly be lies :(:( :confused:

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

man i have to wait before i can buy the fifth book. No money :( but it will be worth it. I wish i was young again so my parents can buy me every thing

17. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I dont read so I have seen all the movies and own them on DVD

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want an owl there super cool!

18. Osaka

Osaka New Member

the order of Pheonix was good.... but it had less action secnes and more Harry thinking sences.

I also want to know what he got on his O.W.L.S! hurry write fast J.K Rowling!

19. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Oh I just read book 5! it's really good but my favorite character dies at the end! Boo!!! I hate that. Aw it's so cute when Haryy kisses... ahaha!! Not telling.

20. Osaka

Osaka New Member

Harry and *ahem* break up though right?:(