RPG Archives [Heroes of Arian][RPG] Chapter One: A New Threat

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel of Light, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

At first Jynaiyu thought the whole idea was sick. She would've said it if not for the second thought -- that the Empress was including halflings, Erthians, and Aquians in this.

Lanah was trying to understand, but so far, no luck.

"A contest? Tests?" She blinked, perplexed. She said softly, mostly to herself, "But that makes it sound like you planned the whole thing."

"Did you, Empress?" Jyn asked annoyedly, taking Lanah's comment and going with it. "Did you plan this afternoon's incidents just for a contest?"

2. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

Baras reply for a moment was a snort and the dragon curled on his sholder growled lowly, nudging a warm head against the boys neck to break him out of his thoughts of this 'contest' and how the emperess has set them up. He finally bared his teeth in a snarl, hands clenched under themselves since his arms were folded, a slight flame flaring up on his skin, the fire dragon seeming to take in fire also, the flames on its body whiping for a moment and sizzling before settling slightly, Bara shifting his head slightly away from the fire dragon since the flames were now hotter,"Why should we agree to this contest? I for one, don't want to be in it. I didn't plan on fighting in the first place but it ended up that I did and so I end up here, only to find out I'm going to be in some contest."

He snorted,"Empress or not. I don't care. I haven't followed your reign for years. None of the people I've been with have."

He was silently calling his flames forward so that if the empress or anyone tried anything, the flames would flare up in a shield and protect him.

OOC: I'm REALLY sorry for not posting...Gomen gomen gomen gomen gomen Gomen gomen gomen gomen gomen Gomen gomen gomen gomen gomen *takes a deep breath* Gomen. I've been busy with school for a while and before that this site was working on and off so I gave up on trying it for a while.

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

OOC: I'm Ba-ack! Man, I missed a lot. So, so so so so sorry!

Rhye was still keeping his silence throughout all this. The obvious herding, the strange flame minotaur, this laboratory... something wasn't right. Somewhere, somehow, a piece didn't fit, and it bothered him.

"That's right...a contest...and the winner gets to rule the entire planet."

So there was to be no backing out then. He apparently had no choice. From the back of the group, where he had stood unnoticed, he made his first remark to the situation.

"A contest, you say? Then let's just get it over with."

He wasn't quite finished thinking, but that would have to wait.

4. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

ooc: Yay, everyone's coming back!! Now lets speed things up a bit.

"A contest, you say? Then let's just get it over with."

Isis smiled, "All with good time..."

The Empress then approached Bara, her smile turning into a mischievous grin, "After all you've been put through so far, do you really think I'm giving you a choice on this matter?"

She left it at that, still with the mysterious smile, "As for the lady's comment, no i did not plan the incidents of today. I did not plan the Alletai attacking my precious capital, it was just something I couldn't prevent so i used it to my advantage."

Aria finally spoke up, "I don't understand! Weren't the three of us chosen to rule? Just cause the tournament was disrupted--"

Her mother cut her off, "Yes it was disrupted, but not by the Alletai...I've never seen such vulgar acts in the Tournament in all my life! You and Nuria gaining up on Seyra, just cause the two of you were friends! What a discrace!"

It was the first time the Empress expressed anger in front of them, and everyone in the room could feel her outrage. She glared fiercely at her daughter, who stared at the ground in shame.

"It was my idea..." Nuria said, though not as loudly as she would've done in fear of the Empress' anger.

"It does not matter! Usually, I would've just let Seyra win by default!" The Empress said angrily and Seyra stared at her in surprise, "But she too broke the rules by attacking the wings of my own daughter!! Endangering her life!"

The Sinalettian quickly looked away, her gaze emotionless.

Isis regained her composure and walked back towards the Gateway, "Because of this, we have no new ruler...and I do not plan to keep my position for another ten years..."

The door suddenly opened and the Royal Bodyguard returned with Yunig and Aquafina as well with a much healthier looking Kiyomi, the girl from the hospital wing.

"Just in time." The Empresss said and her grin returned. She turned towards the Gateway's control and started to activate it as she spoke to the newcomers, "If you two wish to join your friends on this journey I plan on sending them, then feel free to go. They will explain it to you further, but just so you know I'm offering these people the chance to rule Arian, but you will be excluded from this. I just can't give this opportunity to anyone, now can I?"

As she finished, the gateway was activated. The archway began to hum and, after a flash of light, a green portal appeared.

"Despite what the council and my closest friends think..." Isis said, staring pointedly at Kaiya, who scowled. "...I believe this kingdom needs change, especially for the times ahead. That's why I selected a more broader range of people for this mission. This new contest is quite simple...There are 25 objects scattered all across Arian. Five hidden in each territory, including Erthas and Aquas. You will retreive each one using this." She raised the glass map at them, which was still blank.

The Empress then walked over to Kiyomi, "Since this brave soldier was the one who created this map she's the only one who knows how to use it. She is also the only one who's seen the location of each piece. Kiyomi, would you take up this new mission and guide these warriors?" She asked and handed her the magical device.

Kiyomi nodded and took the cristal map from her hands. Isis smiled warmly at her, before moving back towards the Gateway infront of them.

"Now there are gateways all over Arian, after you've located all five pieces from the territory, you will go to it's Royal Palace where they'll have Gateway especially ready for you. The guards there will not allow you to access it unless you show them all the pieces. The Gateway will then randomly take you to another territory, like this one will. Once you have all 25 pieces, you will come back here." She looked at them all and her mischievous smile returned, "When you do, I won't be the one deciding who won what. You will be the ones who will divide the three titles among yourselves. I believe, after this journey, you will make the right choices."

Just then, the Royal Advisor came in with something large slung over her shoulder. In her hands were Ariana's sword and Kael's cloak and bow and arrows he had left at the battle.

"Yes, and also don't think you can sneak out of it." She smirked as she walked over to stand besides the Empress, "You'll be watched. Every move you make, I will know about it."

"Exactly. If you choose to abandon this quest, I will declare you exiled and no one in any city will welcome you." The Empress added, "And I still have the power to do that."

"Here, I believe you'll need this." Sevita said as she tossed Aria her sword and Kael his cloak and bow and quiver. Then, placed what she had held over her shoulder in front of Nuria...it were her axes. "You left them behind."

Nuria scowled, not liking anything of this , as she placed the axes in their restraints across her back.

Aria took her sword quietly as well as Kael, who put on his cloak...looking thoughful.

"As you can see, I never once removed your weapons from you. I trust you will all be able to gain any more supplies needed for this journey on your own. I believe Ariana, Nuria and Seyra are able to get free supplies from anywhere in the kingdom."

She then rested a hand on the side of the Gateway, "Now, if everyone understands, who will be the first to step through the gate?"

5. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

OOC: I thought I'd post since no one else has yet.

BIC: Bara eyed the group around him when no one seemed to move to step through the gateway and finally snorted softly, stepping forward, tightening his control of his fire abilities, having a feeling he might need it in this other place more then he would here against the empress, where he might not fair as well.

The dragon purred quietly close to his ear, trying to get his attention and calm him since his fire creatures could do that better then others. He absentmidely reached back, rubbing fingers through the flames along the dragons curled back to calm him before finally breaking away from the group,"Since it seems everyone else is to fearful to move, I'll go first. I rather not waste time, the sooner we get there and get this done, the sooner i can go back to what I was doing before this."

Eyeing the empress he headed past her toward the gateway, watching it carefully and held back a chuckle when, just as he was passing the empress, his dragon released a growl and swiped a fire claw in her direction but its not like she could do anything about it since by then he was already stepping through the gateway.

He normally didn't get in a bad mood like he was in, he was usually much nicer but he didn't like being with this group as much, wanting to be around many more of his kind. BUt he wasn't going to tell this group this. There were a few Pyrians in the group

6. Angel of Light

The empress didn't even flinch as the dragon's claw barely missed her face, her grin never wavering, "Anyone else?"

Kael stood there for a moment impassively, soaking in all the information that he just received. Then, promptly and without a word he stepped up to the gateway. He paused briefly to glance at Val, before steping through.

Seyra scoffed, "The Pyrian has a point...lets just get this over with." she said coldly before she followed Kael through the gateway.

Nuria gritted her teeth as she glared at the Empress before angrily walking through as well, to mad to say anything.

Aria watched her best friend disappear through the portal, but stayed where she was. She wanted to be last and have at least on last word with her mother.

7. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Lanah took a deep breath and made her way to the gateway and stepped through without a second thought. Yunig, who had waited until the Empress was done speaking, darted to his sister, who embraced him when he was near.

"Jyn! Are you all right? Did they hurt you?" asked the Erthian.

"I'm fine..." Jynaiyu replied. "Just fine. Listen, Yunig, this could be dangerous. I have no choice but to go--" she cast a glare in the Empress' direction "--but you do, and you should take it and go home."

"I'm going with you, Jyn," Yunig said firmly, his eyes reflecting his feelings. "I won't go home without you."

Before Jynaiyu could say anything else, he walked to the gateway, looking determinedly at Empress Isis when he passed her, and stepped through the green portal. The Erthian/Aquian followed, stopping in front the Empress before she reached the gate.

With more concern than anger, and with a gaze that let this be known, she whispered to the ruler of Arian, "If he dies and I survive, I swear that when I return..." Jyn paused, her fists clenched, but she couldn't find anything to say. She blinked, breathed in, and disappeared through the gateway.

8. Fushigi Rockna

"Chaos!" Aquafina exclaimed as she ran to her companion ignoring whatever the empress was saying. Chaos would simply just explain it all to her later.

Chaos stared gloomingly at the floor. He didn't want to do this. Not at all. Ruler of the world? Was that really what anyone would want. He'd rather just travel with Aquafina.

Besides, alletais were loose, and Chaos did not like alletais.

But still the others may need his help. So who was he not to give it?

"Your magesty..." Chaos began. "I do not wish to rule. I just wish to be free, lifted of all that restrains me. I'm only going on with this contest, to help."

he was about to step through the gate when Sin rushed past him.

'Ruler of the world?! oh yeah I'm in!' she thought to herself, as she ran past everyone else.

9. Angel of Light

"If he dies and I survive, I swear that when I return..." Jyn paused, her fists clenched, but she couldn't find anything to say. She blinked, breathed in, and disappeared through the gateway.

"With the group I've chosen...it won't come to that," The empress muttered, too low for anyone to hear.

Just then, Sin rushed passed and Isis smiled at the young Sinalletian's enthusiasm, 'I like her...' she thought then turned towards Chaos before he stepped through the gateway.

"Then you better hope your new comrades won't vote for you."

10. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

Val looked into the gateway with a set of nervousness but as she was about to step forward someone held her hand. Val turned to see Lessien smiling back at her.

"You don't have to do this..." Lessien said calmly, "You're my little sister...I wouldn't want to ever see you in danger."

Val turned and gave Lessien a big hug, "Thats why you are gonna be right behind me..."

Then Val turned to Amras standing behind the both of them and said quickly and mischeiviously, "You better come too. Or when I get back, I'll kill you."

With that Val jumped into the gateway excitedly. Amras stepped up next to Lessien with an excited smile and stepped into the gateway after Val. Lessien shook his head at their ambition. He too then stepped into the gateway.

OOC: I'm back guys!! Sorry I have been gone for so long. ^_________^