RPG Archives [Heroes of Arian][RPG] Chapter One: A New Threat

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel of Light, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

[RPG] Chapter One: A New Threat Awakens

The crowd roars as a male Pyrian falls to the ground. From one of the tunnel entrance, a healer quickly runs up to him. After making sure the fighter was still alive, he signals the end of the battle and the cheers (and boos) from the audience increases. The winner, the young Seyra Rynne, sheathes her black bladed long sword on her back and walks slowly back toward one of the tunnel entrance, swiping the long tail of her scarf behind her. Inside, a visitor was waiting for her.

"You did good."

Seyra stops, "Aren’t you supposed to be in the booth with the Empress?"

Leaning against the tunnel wall, the current Royal Advisor Sevita Rynne smiles at her daughter, "Is that anyway to greet your mother?"

Seyra sighs and faces her, "You know I don’t like it here. It’s too bright." Her eyes, which are the only thing you could see of her face with her black scarf on, look a bit tired.

"Relax. The finals are next, and then you’ll be done. Just try to win." The Advisor places her hands on Seyra’s shoulders, “You know if you don’t, you’ll be stationed here…or maybe even Pyras.”

"Never!!" Seyra says suddenly.

"Then win." Sevita’s tone suddenly turns stern. "But…don’t do anything foolish. You nearly killed that last fighter."

Seyra looks away and scoffs, "He deserved it."

"Just keep it under wraps, got it. You’re next fight is with Nuria Firestorm and I don’t want you to do anything stupid, understood? Promise me you’ll keep it secret" her mother says, almost urgently.

Seyra stares determinedly back, "I promise. Besides, I won’t need it to defeat her."

Sevita smiles at her daughter, "Good. Then get ready. You also have the Empress’s daughter to contend with as well."

Seyra grins confidently, "No problem."

~~~~~~~~

Ariana Lyndial stares worriedly out her bedroom window at the swirling white clouds that slowly glides over the crystal blue sky, her silver chest plate and handle of her light-sword at her side gleams in the sunshine.

Just then, the door to her room burst opens and a very excited Pyrian sixteen year old rushes in. "There you are, the finals are about to start! What are you doing up here? Daydreaming?"

"Hey, Nuria" Ariana replies with a smile, "Yeah, I guess I was. Thought I had some time left."

"Well you don’t. The semi-finals are over and the Advisor’s daughter was the winner."

Ariana looks surprised, "Really? Then the finals will be fought by the daughters of the winners from the last Tournament. Won’t people be angry?"

Nuria wraps her arm around Ariana’s neck and steers her out of the room, "Who cares. Listen, we are the best and so we should win. It doesn’t matter who are mothers are. You just give me your all and stop worrying about what people will think."

"Right!" Ariana was smiling but secretly she wished this day had never come. "What if I lose? What will mother think?!! Am I even ready to be Empress? And I don’t want to fight Nuria! Besides being my best friend, she nearly killed me in training last time. Damn it all!"

"I said RELAX!!" Nuria yells rather suddenly and Ariana pulls herself away with her hands to her ears.

"Damn it, Nuria!! I think you broke my eardrum!!"

But Nuria just laughs, “Then do what I say. Now lets go or we’ll be late.”

~~~~~~~~

Nuria Firestorm, glares suddenly as they made it to the bottom stair Battle Arena’s entrance. It’s a large dark room underground where the several dark entrances to the tunnels are located. The palace dungeons are on the same floor. The source of her glare was Seyra, who is leaning next to one of these. Seyra’s eyes darts to her briefly before staring back at the wall in front of her.

Nuria grins smugly and walks over to her, "What’s wrong, too bright, or are you hiding the scared look on your face behind that scarf, huh?"

Seyra throws an icy glare back at her but remains silent.

Grinning even more smugly, Nuria says, "What? Think you’re too good to talk to me?"

Ariana puts a hand on Nuria’s shoulder. "That’s enough, wait for the finals."

"Yeah whatever!" Nuria says angrily and walks toward the other side of the room with her arms crossed.

Ariana looks back at Seyra, "Sorry about that."

"Don’t worry about. She’ll eat her words at the fight."

Seyra said this so coldly and indifferent that Ariana actually shivered before returning back to Nuria’s side, who was busy with her own thoughts.

"Who the hell does she think she is…I’ll teach her a lesson…stupid Sinalett…"
    ~~~~~~~

Up above ground, Kael Tuari leans against the railing of the Stadium and peers down at the audience. They are getting restless and are anxious for the finals to begin. Kael himself is interested in who will be the new ruler.

"This will be an unusual battle. All three are related in some way to the current three Royals and all are of the age of sixteen. They’re young, but have had the guidance needed for such titles." Kael thought impassively. He turned around and leaned back on the rail, staring at the sky. The hood of his black cloak fell back, revealing his dark green locks.

"It doesn’t matter. Whoever the winner may be, they will do nothing to change the situation."

2. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Mirial watched from the stands, engulfed in a crowd of cheering and jeering spectators. This is where you belong... pretend you aren't Aquian... you can easily conceal it... She shook the thought from her head. No... she'd find another way to get to the Aquians. Just relax, and enjoy the show... and learn.
    She sighed and looked again at the empty arena. She had heard earfulls of gossip about the finals match. It should be a good one. She thought of the two daughters who were about to fight. What would it feel like to be one of them? She felt sorry for them... and wished that she could take thier places. Atleast one was probably forced into it. If only they could see HER powers. They were no match for her... or so she hoped.
    Waves of nostalgia flooded her as she recalled her father. He'd see her there, someday. Yes...
    And so, Mirial had finally made her long-awaited decision, and the finals round was just about to begin....

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Rhye leaned against the railing, as he had been for the past several hours. These tournaments weren't what was on his mind, however. He was thinking about his training, what he was going to have to do eventually.

"Hey, Sinalett!" The shout had come from somewhere behind him, in the crowds that had been gathering. "Get down! That huge cloak of yours is in my way! I can't see a thing!"

"Then perhaps, sir," he said quietly, probably not loud enough to be heard, "you should try moving yourself." I had been here first, he thought. I had been here since before these tournaments began, very early in the morning. All I'm doing is thinking.

Why am I here?, he thought. Because of the fight. But why fight? For power. Why have power? Because others do not deserve it. He looked down at the unconscious Pyrian. Fool.

Suddenly, he felt something. Someone was watching him. Not the fight, not the crowd, but it had centered him out. He had to leave. Now. Fading into the shadows of the audience, he thought, who? Why? Was someone that interested in me?

4. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Yunig, an Erthian, sighed as the Pyrian male was taken from the arena. He leaned forward and supported his head in his hands as the crowd's cries slowly faded.

"I wish I could compete," he said dully.

Jynaiyu, his Aquian/Erthian sister, smiled at him.

"What makes you think you would win?" she challenged.

"Why wouldn't I be able to?" he returned, sitting up straight and gesturing to the tunnel the Pyrian had been taken through. "He made so many mistakes, all of which I could've avoided."

"Don't trouble yourself over it." Jyn cast a forlorn glance at the Battle Arena. "Nothing can be done. Ariana the Great's laws can not be changed." Or no one dares to change them, she bitterly finished in her mind.

In the time she had taken to think that, Yunig learned that the finals would begin very soon. He drew Jyn from her thoughts with this comment, startling her only a little.

"Let's just stay here," said the boy, thoughtfully. "We have good enough seats and I don't want them to be taken."

Jyn stared at her brother, who was so focused on their surroundings that he didn't notice her doing this. You pure fool, don't be that way. Grow up. The world won't take care of you. Though, at any rate, you're better off than I am.

Lanah stepped out of a store near the Battle Arena just in time to hear someone say the finals were about to begin.

"What -- I can't miss this!"

She made her way through the crowded street as quickly as she could, which, for her, was not quick enough. She ran past several people by the rails and even bumped into a few, she offered quick apologies but not a single glance back.

Taking a seat, she asked, out of breath, to the Elian next to her, "Who won in the last round?"

"Seyra Rynne, the Sinalett."

She is really good!

Lanah hadn't fought against her, but had seen her battling and had no doubt as to the young girl's strength.

Okay, so that means that the three fighters in the finals are the Empress' daughter, the Advisor's daughter, and the Bodyguard's daughter -- wow. This'll be quite the fight!

She swore to herself, smiling, that she would at least make it to the finals the next time she competed.

5. UFOtaku

Mirial blinked. Had she just seen a Sinalett dissapear into the shadows? No... but she was sure he'd been there a minute ago. Oh, well, it was none of her business.
    She listened to two people beside her while staring into teh sky. The boy was talking about how he wanted to compete himself. She chanced a sideways glance at him. Feh, he was part Aquian, just like her. Maybe, if they were both born pure, non-aquian... they would be competing right now.
    If only... she hoped that maybe, he would attempt sneaking into the next tournament as well... but she wisked the foolish thought from her mind, as the finals were beginning.

6. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

Bara was leaning against the railing near where Rhye had been leaning. The 18 year old Pyrian had glanced toward him when the semi-finals match had ended he had glaced toward the Sinalett and away only to glance back to find the one he had been looking at was gone. He frowned, pursing his lips and turned away, ignoring the crowd behind him. He didn't want to see them. There would be all races there. Especially the races he DIDN'T want to see. He turned back to look down at the ring, watching for ther finalists.

7. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

Valaina sat quietly in the stands of the fight and sighed and supported her head with her hand. She looked up into the sky in boredom.

"Must we sit here and watch this, Lessien?" Valaina asked softly to her step brother, Lessien, sitting next to her.

"Father wants you to learn to use your excellent fighting skils for the better sister...just be patient," Lessien said smiling at her pushing her face towards the ring.

"This is so drull...Lessien come," Valaina said pulling him from his seat to his floor.

"And where are we going," Leseien asked amused whiel they crawled along the crowd and to the stairs.

Valaina stood up and pulled Lessien up also and they both sprinted up teh stairs to the doors that led out of the stadium.

"Free at last!!!" Valaina said running aruond.

Lessien grabbed her hand and they both ran off.

8. UFOtaku

Yes, there had been a Sinalett there. She shrugged. If he didn't want the spot, she'd take it.
    She shoved her way to the front, apologizing politley, and sat next to a Pyrian, where the Sinalett had once been. She silenced teh complaints behind her by smiling and apologizing.
    Stupid people shoudda moved first...

9. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Rhye re-emerged in a small alleyway, bereft of people. In front of him, the alley opened into a road, crawling with crowds. No one would find him there, amongst the heart of the crowd. He would miss the fight, but he would not have to fight himself. Living in ignorance was always better than dying with all the knowledge possible.

As he stepped out into the light, he noticed a shopkeeper's stand selling weaponry of sorts. As he gazed, a blade hanging from the arras turned in the wind and caught the sunlight, sending it straight into Rhye's eyes. Blinded, he stumbled around until he could find a wall to lean on until the effect wore off. He didn't lean long, however, until he was run over by an overly-enthusiastic person trying to get to the stadium.

"Sorry!" she shouted as she continued to run. While still somewhat blinded, Rhye could've sworn she didn't even turn around to see if he was alright. Typical, he thought, clambering to his feet. No one exists but you.

Having regained his sight, Rhye blended in with the crowd once more, and thus made his way slowly back to the stadium.

10. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

Bara glanced toward the girl who slid into the open spot beside his and growled under his breath. An Aquian! Yeah she was half Sinalett but he didn't really care. He other half, the water half was the one he was worried about. He just did not like them and wouldn't tell anyone why. After acting as though he were looking above her head and off to the side he watched her for a moment before turning back to the rail, resting his arms along it, leaning against the rail, turning his gaze on the upcoming fight, blocking out sounded around him. He might have gone in to fight but it seemed ALL girls this year and he didn't want to fight them so he chose to watch and see his competition in the next chance he had to fight.

He scoffed under his breath, brushing his dark brown, with gold highlights, hair back out of his face for a moment, tilting his head back slightly toward the sunlight. The warmth of the sun felt good and warmed his skin. He was dressed in his skin tight pants and the vest, which when he leaned his arms, was pulled up, revealing the red marking of a phoenix on his skin under it. But he didn't seem to notice. That was the only thing who gave him away for who he was. He was Pyrian, yes, but also well known for his fire. Other Pyrians had been surprised that he wouldn't fight. He turned his head to talk to a Pyrian who had just settled beside him,"All girls this year ne?"

His voice had a rich sound to it.

11. Fushigi Rockna

Chaos leaned in his seat, enjoying the fights. He personally did not like fioghting but the fierceness in the compeiter's eyes was just so great.
    Aquafina just scoffed.
    "That Pyrian was an idiot. They should let us in this torunament, i' would've bashed her headi n or soemthing!" she exclaimed. Soemthign else was bothering her.
    "Chaos, everyone's staring at you with dirty looks... doesn't that amke you mad or upset?" she asked.
    "no, should it?" Chaos replied.
    "no, um, nevermind."
    Sin looked on thje battel with interest as well.
    "Another sinalett... and is making it so far. I wish I could've participated..." she sighed.

12. DistantSamurai

Valaina and Lessien were running away from the stadium when they were stopped by Amras.

"Amras!" Valaina said happily.

"Where do you two delinquents think you are going?" Amras said slyly.

"Val didn't want to watch teh fight any longer." Lessien siad laughing but didn't get the same cheerfullness from Amras.

"You knwo your father wants you guys at evry fight. If he finds out he won't let you go out of the house for weeks! No! get back in there, i was jsut about to head in anyway," AMras said pulling Valaina's wrist.

"No! Please Amras!" Valaina siad tugging back.

Amras sighed and picked Valaina up and ran into the stadium. Lessien followed behind knowing that his sister would not be happy. They got into the stadium adn Amras let Val down softly into a seat. He sat next to her and he noticed that she wasn't looking or talking to him. Lessien smiled at Amras.

13. Angel of Light

"Its time."

A Elian Tournament official said as he walked into the room where the three fighters were waiting. Behind him was a servant Elian boy, who was carrying two battle axes with much difficulty.

"Finally, I was beginning to get tired of waiting." Nuria said as she stretched, then on seeing the boy with the weapons, she blinked, checked herself, and then smiled sheepishly, "Oops, forgot about those. Got so carried away I guess…"

Ariana chuckled as Nuria walked over and easily took the axes from the boy.

"Yes, I took the liberty of bringing them for you." The official said with a bit of disapproval in his voice. "Now, if you remember all the rules of the Tournament, will please enter the arena by those separate tunnels when you hear the horn."

"Yes, yes, we all know the drill." Nuria said, resting one of the axes on her shoulder while the other hung loosely at her side. "See you there then." She added to Ariana and walked into one of the tunnels. Seyra, who hadn’t move a inch since the arrival of the official, followed Nuria’s with her icy eyes until she disappeared.

Ariana waved back with a smile but was so nervous couldn’t say a word, she then entered the tunnel next to the one Nuria took.

"Good luck to you all." The official said before leaving.

Seyra drew her sword and said with a smirk, “I don’t need luck.” before walking into the other tunnel

~~~~~~~~~

The crowd went wild as a horn blew announcing the start of the last battle. On cue, the three fighters walked into the arena. As with tradition, they walked foward, turned toward the Empress and other Royals and bowed. The Empress nodded back. They then moved in a triangle formation: Seyra against the north wall, Nuria at the left corner, and Ariana at the right corner, all facing each other.

Next to the Royal booth, a Tournament official stood and raised a red flag. At this signal, Nuria brought both axes in front of her, Seyra held her sword confidently upwards so the blade was inches from her face (like in fencing), and Ariana’s hilt glowed brightly and a blade made of light energy appeared as she held the sword with both hands. The audience became strangely silent as they waited for the signal…

The flag was lowered and Seyra was first to attack. She lowered her sword to the ground and the three fighters were engulfed in darkness.

The volume increased again as the audience yelled in this outrage…they couldn’t see anything! But they could hear the sound of metal clashing together and the grunts and yells of the combatants. Then suddenly, the darkness was cut apart literally by Ariana’s sword of light as she sliced through it to get to Seyra.

Ariana smirked as her sword collided with Seyra’s sword, creating static energy where the two blades met. "Hmpf, You wasted your energy too fast, now you’re mine!" Aria thought confidently.

But they were forced to separate as a ball of fire flew between them. Nuria came yelling as she charged Seyra and swiped with both Axes, the Sinalett dodged by jumping to the side. Seyra then grabbed a fistful of dirt from the ground and threw it in the Pyrian’s eyes. Nuria was blinded as she came in to attack, but, sensing danger, Nuria threw one of her axes in the Sinalett’s direction. Seyra had to dodge again and the axe embedded itself in the stone barrier. Ariana took the advantage and attacked the Sinalett. As the two locked blades again, Nuria wiped the dirt from her eyes.

"Damnit…I will not be beaten by her!" Nuria thought angrily, but soon smirked as an idea came to her.

~~~~~

Seyra moved to the side and counterattacked. The blade hit Ariana’s chest plate causing her to skid backward, slightly dazed from the attack. Seyra was about to deliver what could’ve been the final blow, when a streak of fire traveled over the ground towards the Shadowcaster and when it reached her it exploded, engulfing Seyra in flames. Without stopping, Nuria then charged with her axe at Ariana, who had jumped away from the explosion. The Elian quickly got to her feet and blocked Nuria’s attack.

"Hey, Aria, having fun?" Nuria said between gritted teeth as one tried to push the other back.

Ariana smirked as sweat poured from her forehead, "Maybe a little."

"Then lets take it up a notch." Nuria said, this time out of the corner of her mouth, as though she didn’t want no one else to hear.

Puzzled, Ariana moved to the side and slashed at the Pyrian, who simply blocked it again, creating flames to encircle her axe so Ariana’s light-sword wouldn’t cut through it. "What do you mean?"

"Right now, Seyra is recovering from that last attack I gave her. When she does, throw a light beam straight at me. I’ll dodge and it’ll head straight for her." Nuria said, in an excited whisper. "Then, if she manages to escape that too, we’ll keep at it till she’s out."

"But that would be cheating!" Ariana, catching on, whispered back.

"Listen, once she’s out, we can have a real duel between you and me." Nuria said and jumped back finally. "Come on! You want that crown or not!"

Ariana thought about it…

~~~~~~

Seyra barely escaped the flames by forming a barrier of Dark-matter around her. It protected her enough for her to avoid injury, but her clothes were smoking slightly. She looked around and saw Nuria jump back from Ariana, the Pyrian’s back toward her.

With a smirk, Seyra quickly moved behind her and raised her sword…

Suddenly, she screamed in pain as a beam of light energy went through her shoulder, causing the Sinalett to be thrown backwards to the ground. Looking up she glared fiercely at Nuria who was standing in front of her.

"Damn, Aria, you could’ve warned me." Nuria thought wincing. Ariana’s beam of light skidded her shoulder on its way to Seyra. But she then smirked, “Well then, I think this little game is over for you,” she said to the fallen Sinalett.

Seyra scowled, "That’s what you think…" A shadow crossed over them as the sun was momentarily covered by a drifting cloud, and when it did, Seyra vanished.

Aria stared in disbelief at what she had just done. It had been a reflex. When she had saw Seyra looming behind Nuria, she just reacted. Now it was obvious she had cheated…or was it…Ariana took a quick glance at her mother. The Empress was staring at them with impassive eyes and did not react. In fact, no one did. Ariana sighed in relief, but then soon regretted her loss of concentration when Seyra appeared right in front of her and slashed upwards with her sword…

"That was close!" Ariana thought to herself. She had taken to the air just in time.

Seyra glared daggers at Aria, but since she couldn’t fly there was little more she could do. Just then, she took a step back and avoided a fireball the flew past her.

Nuria glared at Seyra as she panted heavily, "She’s good, I have to admit that."

The Shadowcaster turned to her, but quickly had to jump the other way to avoid a diving Ariana. The Elian created a tiny crater in the ground where her sword had landed. She glanced quickly at Nuria and winked. She then charged at Seyra where they connected swords again.

The Pyrian, comprehending, smirked, "Take this!!!" She roared and put all her energy into a fire blast sent at Ariana, who on cue took flight again. The blast hit Seyra head on.

Ariana landed near Nuria as both waited for the smoke to disappear….

~~~~~~~

Kael continued to stare at the clouds and ignored everything around him, as he likes to do from time to time. He didn’t even move when someone brushed roughly passed him or when the trumpet sounded the start of the finals. But his curiosity got the best of him when the noises coming from the audience reached his ears. Turning around, he peered at the battle below, just in time to see the Sinalett kick dirt into the Pyrian’s eyes.

"They’ll do anything to win." He thought simply, but his interest increased as the battle progressed.

When Empress' daughter sent a beam of light energy into Seyra’s shoulder, Kael blinked. Then, when the Advisor's daughter was blasted by the huge fireball, Kael wondered why the fight was continuing. "It's obvious they're cheating. Why aren't they disqualified? Could their mothers be behind this?"

14. DistantSamurai

Amras stirred in his seat with joy watching strategy at work. Lessien was enjoying the fact of being able to see which warriors had improved and predicting the fight. Valaina was watching obediently seeing her father's eyes on her from near the area near the Empress. Although her family wasn't royal they had a high place in society and her father was a close friend to the Empress so she and her brother were expected to be just like nobles. She looked around at the crowd and noticed a few people standing by the railing and she decided it would be a lot more exciting then sitting down and especially next to Amras.

She left her seat without a word and got to the railing. She was bumped rudely from someone passing her from behind.

“Excuse me, you should pay attention to others,†Valaina said politely.

The stranger just glared at her and huffed away. She sighed and turned back to watch the fight making predictions on the fight.

15. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Yunig tensed the minute the battle started. He was among the booing and cheering voices in the crowd whenever a reaction was produced. Every swipe sent excitement through his veins. I wish I could fight in the tournament!!

The Elian's leap into flight, her descent, the Pyrian's fire attacks, the Sinalett's manipulation of shadows -- he saw the strategies behind it all.

"Now THIS is a fight," he said excitedly to Jynaiyu, chancing a quick glance at the half-breed.

Jyn nodded her agreement. Yes, especially since it's obvious that two of them are cheating.

She directed a glare to the Royal Booth. It lasted only a few seconds before she sighed and released her grasp on nothing -- she hadn't realized she'd made a fist. She turned her gaze back to the arena but she wasn't really looking at the fight. She was really watching her brother out of the corner of her eyes.

Until that big blast hit the Pyrian, of course.

Now both Yunig and Jyn stared intently at the scene, along with the rest of the audience.

Several rows down sat Lanah. She watched the three fighters' attacks and movements and almost, almost found herself yelling out what one should do to avoid or attack another.

Next time, she thought excitedly to herself as the Elian competitor slashed through the darkness, next time that'll be me out there with two others.

When the crowd cheered, so did she, and on lifting her arms the ruby in her upper rightt arm glittered in the sunlight.

Then came the moment when she, along with the rest of the crowd, awaited the departure of the smoke in reverent silence.

16. UFOtaku

Mirial felt the cold stare of the one next to her fall onto her, and the hairs on the back of her neck rose. He wasn't too good at sneaking looks at people. She could almost feel the hate with which he watched her.
    He could see that she was part Aquian. Hmph. Arrogant Pyrians. She'd remember to hide her Aquian self better next time.

As the fight began, she cheered, watching the three competetors come out. What a fight! As she watched and became more and more engulfed, she began to guess what each person would do next, surprised by her accuracy.

"It won't be long until you'll be in the arena guessing..." She told herself, not caring if others heard, her eyes watching the fight, as if hypnotized.

17. Fushigi Rockna

"Hmmm? Well isn't this getting interesting..." Chaos began smiling. Aquafina seemed angered.
    "Cheats! they should be disqualified!" she exclaimed.
    "How so?" Chaos asked her.
    "I don't think this type of magic is really alloud. how come nobody else has said anything!?"
    "Aren't thye the duaghters of the royal advisor and the empress?"
    "Hmph, that might explain it. Idiots."

18. Angel of Light

“Excuse me, you should pay attention to others,” Valaina said politely.

Kael turned and saw the Elian move next to him at the rails as she stared down at the fight below. It took several minutes for him to realize that he was staring at this girl for longer than a normal person would do and quickly turned back to the fight, just in time to hear the audience all gasp at once…

19. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

All right, thought Rhye, still concealed in the crowd. Who died? Which of the three was too weak? More than likely, the other two had ganged up on the Sinalett. That's how it always was. But, somehow, he was sure that the reason the gasp had gone up had nothing to do with the battle. Then again, he had no way to make sure, as his view was still blocked very efficiently by the head of someone else. I'll find out soon, he thought, drumming his fingers on the hilt at his side, always at the ready.

20. DistantSamurai

Valaina gasped as the fight took an unexpected turn of events but before she had time to react and think about it Lessien was tugging at her arm.

"Father wants us now," he said with a serious tone but still with his never changing smile.

"Can't father wait for just a few more moments?" Valaina asked not moving from her spot.

"Well now he won't have to because hes coming over here," Lessien said with an expectant tone and backed up seeing his father's stern expression.

Valaina's father stood next to her and they both watched the fight together.

"Exciting isn't" her father asked simply.

"Its turning into a good fight, but they are breaking the rules a bit father, shouldn't they be disqualified?" Valaina asked with a soft tone so not to be heard by the wrong ears.

"The rules are monitored by the judges not you," her father said slowly then walked away into the crowd.

Valaina grabbed his arm and smiled and said, "Father, Lessien and I have just returned from our four year journey and you have not spent more then an hour with me alone; stay and watch the fight with your only daughter."

"I cannot my dear, I have duties to attend to, perhaps later," her father said smiling and patting her on the shoulder and walking away.

Valaina sighed and returned to the fight. Then suddenly a large man came next to her and forced her to move over from her spot. As the fight grew better the more the man pushed at her. She was sure it wasn't deliberate seeing as how he was such a large man he probably didn't even feel her. Suddenly she felt herself collide with the person on her other side. She turned quickly and bowed in apologies. She looked up and saw an Erthian looking at her with indifferent eyes.