Square Enix Kingdom Hearts!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by User18, Nov 3, 2002.

1. LinaInverse

LinaInverse New Member

I got the game last month and if any one needs Help Just p.m me or buy a stratagey guide.

2. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

I played the first part of the game!
    I got as far as Traversed Town and it was like, 5:30 am so ummmm...........
    I like pounding on those stupid hartless things...:D

3. Odin

Odin Member

Well, I just beat Kingdom Hearts last night! The first thing I have to say, is I LOVE the ending version of "Simple and Clean." DOWNLOAD IT, NOW!

Second off (I know I've said this in another post somewhere else onthis board), the inclusion of Final Fantasy characters in the game is totally pointless. They could have been replaced by new original characters, and it wouldn't have made a difference in the game at all. The Disney aspect, however, is totally integrated into the whole game and adds a particular flavor to it. Coke's opinion is somewhat justified in hating Disney because if you don't like Disney's environments, characters, movies, or occasionally cliche dialogue about love and friendship, then you probably won't like this game (though you should definitely still PLAY the darned game before you ever make a statement against it, such as, "it sucks"!!!!!!!!!!!!). I found the Disney aspect charming and likable, even Donald Duck - his voice was perfect (along with most of the other Disney characters). I don't care about who does the voices, as long as he or she does a decent job with the role.

With that said, I have some questions concerning the end of the game . . .

*****MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*****

If the Heart of the World, "Kingdom Hearts," is really light (which I thought was a pretty cool part of the ending), then how come the Heartless dwell in it? Do they exist there as a result of Ansem's experimentation with the Heartless? How is that possible since Ansem hasn't even been INSIDE Kingdom Hearts, since he was obviously mistaken when he claimed that it was completely dark. So then . . . . the Heartless somehow got in there when Ansem *opened* Kingdom hearts?

Why would Riku stay behind the door to Kingdom Hearts to help close it (and thus, assumably, die?) when he could have just as easily walked outside and closed the door? Mickey's sacrifice was understood, since he held the second keyblade necessary to close Kingdom Hearts, but Riku's sacrifice was almost gratuitous . . . unless it was in some weird way his way of apologizing for his involvement w/ Maleficent and letting Ansem into his body.

And why did Sora remain in the world of Donald and Goofy? And how could he possibly have had contact with Kairi near Kingdom Hearts as the door is locked? Do we assume it was some sort of connection of their hearts, so she was never physically present? So how did Kairi then GET to Destiny Islands? (I even forget where she is before Sora and crew journey to the "end of the world," but wherever she was it definitely was not Destiny Islands). If she wasn't there, was she transported there by some other ship or something before Kingdom Hearts is locked, or was she taken there merely as a result of Kingdom Hearts being closed (since that's where the walls between worlds would be reformed)? If that's the case, then Sora should have been taken there as well. Or is it because Sora is the Keyblade Master that he remained with Donald and Goofy? Or did he choose to stay somehow, through the power of his heart, so he can search for Mickey and Riku?

*****END SPOILERS*****

Overall, it was a very fun game! Battling was definitely repetitive, and I just wanted the Final Battle to frickin' END because I was tired of tapping the X button so much, but I liked the way the whole battle system worked.
    -Odin

4. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

UR right Odin, the ending does leave a painfully large amount of un-answered questions, but it's all forgivable simply because of that wonderful song they play (I forget it's name) at the beginning and end. But I still have a question, what happens in the secret ending? (which I couldn't get because I'm so darned lazy)

5. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I LOVE THIS GAME! I only rented it, but it was great! I don't know what to do anymore though, like how to get to the next four worlds, but the reason I loved it because alot of my favourite FF characters are in it, but especially Aeris & CLOUD! They even spelt her name as Aerith! I asked for it for christmas.

6. Odin

Odin Member

The name of the song is "Simple and Clean," which I also LOVE (though I don't think it's a good excuse for the plot holes)! I haven't gotten around to getting the secret ending, but of what I've heard, it hints at a sequel to Kingdom Hearts. I'm sure if you search around on the internet (or someone else here posts!) you can find out what happens in the movie.

I know, I'm no help. >.<
    -Odin

7. eemajyn

eemajyn Guest

Errm...

Ehh, FYI... :shy3: Juss in case if ya didn't know [your anime history ^_^], that if it weren't for Disney, anime wouldn't exist. Disney inspired japees to pick up their pencils and start drawing [anime]. So da japees created their own type of [cultural] cartoons: anime.

So if dat didn't shed any light in yer heads, I wanna apologize for wasting parts of your waking moments. :shy3:

Thank ya :shy3:

8. eemajyn

eemajyn Guest

o.o

:dizzy2: Woo... I think I'm off topic...... Okay, I'll be quiet now o.o

9. Tailki

Tailki New Member

I think she said that for the people who don't like disney.
    My brother has Kingdom Hearts, I saw a bunch of it. He never finished it though he stopped playing it a while ago. From what I saw the fights seem to get boring. I'm getting a PS2 for christmas so maybe I'll borrow it from him and play it, FFX too, which I started already, and I think FFX2 is cool but they are going to make sequels to like all of them now which, I think will be dumb and they will kill the ideal, it seemes to be better as a one time thing, maybe twice.

10. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Well I finally got to play Kingdom Hearts... and my opinion has not changed about the game, it still sucks, and this time I played it. Anyways, The Disney Characters are not what brought it down for me anymore, it's was more of how repetative the game got after playing for 3 hours also the horrendous camera angles I got. And the enemies blow, the playable characters suck (Except Goofy, who rules) the story line is stupid (To me anyways) and if they ever make KH2, it'll be like a disney sequel, which sucks.

To make it simple KH SUCKS ***!

11. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

shut the f*ck up, ok? u moight not like it but other poeple (i am one of them) do, oright?
    sheesh *rolls eyes, mumbles under breath
    :mad:

12. Meaikoh

I happen to like Kingdom Hearts as well. It's a good game for kids and Squaresoft fans alike. Anybody who's played in the Wonderland world knows what I'm talking about. I had so much fun discovering the secrets of the Bizarre Room.

But I especially like the fact that Cloud FINALLY has his own voice actors.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Tidus should not be pronounced 'Tee-dus'? That's the way Teenage Wakka pronounces it in this game.

13. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

dats funny cause my friend told me that tidus is really meant to be pronounce "tee-dus" and i laughed in his face. now i dont know. i still pretty much think that its pronounced "tighd-as" but i dunno.

14. Meaikoh

I think Squaresoft must have made a mistake. I know somebody named Tidus, and he does pronounce it "Tighd-dus"

>< I wish I knew for sure, cause Tee-dus sounds, well, fruity.

15. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

my friend say that in the dvd u get with ffx, even the producer pronounces it "tee-dus", but i keep telling him its just his accent. i dunno. maybe.

16. Tailki

Tailki New Member

I think its' suppose to be tee-dus, but I think Tighd-dus sounds alot better, if I'm saying them right, well I named him WARPATH! in FFX.