Music Linkin Park ... !!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Zanza, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i just heard that linkin park may be releasing a new album late this year...that would be so cool...and wanted to know if anyone has their extended version of hybrid theory with My December and High Voltage and some live versions of their other songs? i have the regular cd but downloaded the last two...THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!GET BOTH OF THEM!!!!NOW!!!lol or buy the cd thats good too...hehehe but yeah wouldnt a new album be ROCKING!!!yupyupyup thats what i thought^.^

2. Energizer Bunny

okay well i just heard that the 'new' cd is probably just a remix album...:( BUT we can still be hopeful yes?btw hasnt anyone heard those songs??

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

My sources have reported that they have a remix disc coming out in the summer some time, and that a "new" disc will follow later.

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Grrrrrrrrr. I'm very angry.

I am shocked. Shocked and appauled. Never before have I seen so many people who like linkin park in one place who weren't little 5' tall nu-metal skateboarding losers(who, by the by, can't skate for **** and the only trick they can do is falling over).
    I'm not one to persecute people for their oppinions, but come on, you leave me with no choice. I hate nu-metal. With a vengance. If I could destroy just one thing completly, it would be nu-metal.
    Please, I implore you: listen to the good old bands; Pantera, Judas Preist, Megadeth, Black Sabath. It's not too late, you can still be saved.
    I guess things have kind of gone to hell in America. *sigh* well, if I can convert just one person back to True Metal, it'll be worh it.

Don't take this too harshly, I'm just doing my Metalhead's duty of spreading the gaddamn word.
    Remember kids:

KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE!

5. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

"I am shocked. Shocked and appauled. Never before have I seen so many people who like linkin park in one place who weren't little 5' tall nu-metal skateboarding losers(who, by the by, can't skate for **** and the only trick they can do is falling over).

lol, DL.. temple bar will never die :p (i'm not one of those central bank kids though.. hate them as well )

but seriously, ya shouldn't judge a band or genre by it's fans., linkin park are a good band in their own right, it isn't their fault that MTV has latched onto them and made them "spokesband" for a generation or something.

nu-metal shoudln't be called metal at all though, it isn't. it's a genre all of it's own, own style and sound. *shrug*

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i have the good(i guess*^-^*) fortune of working in a music store now. apparently linken park is considered "rap-metal". fhew. i like them...i simply like stuff that makes me feel something i've felt before. which is why i argue with the wanna-be's here that i liked korn's Issues albulm...alot. i've never been abused or anything like him, but jesus...that got some good creepy emotins going through...which i got whenever my mom would start yelling...i like system of a down cause they make you look a little ways into the song...and there is soemthing there. and that's a good thing. but mainly i like music to sing to. that's my only requirement really. i grew up to madonna, and cher. i love dave matthews. but i also like some(read:few) contry songs. There's about the same amount in techno. all of these follow my reqquirement. i can sing. well, i don't think i can...but you know what i mean. ppl like music for different reasons. lyrics or the sound are only the obvious reasons i think.
    the only good music trend right now tho in all true honesty, is the one that's stabbing pop music like a psycho murderer on a freanzy in a busy knife store.
    but, i guess to me, it really doesn't matter if the singer believes the lyrics, cause i'll put belief there if i want it there or not. i just like it more if it can be put there for me to emphisize.*^-^*

ok, i'm done ranting now...i'll go sleep for wrk tomorrow..(with my new anti techno shirt..lol 3rd key is gonna LOVE that one..*^-^*)

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

A Note To DrunkLeprachaun

First off, I like Linkin Park. I bought the Hybrid Theory disc, and I'll probably hunt down the next one when it comes out two. Secondly, I am not five feet tall. I don't own a skateboard, and I haven't ever. Isn't half the message of your "true metal" the resistance to oppressive views like the one you have stated here? You say you aren't one to judge, then all you do is judge! You're a freakin' hypocrite! Do us all a favour and keep your pseudo-hatred to yourself. You don't hate Linkin Park fans, hell, you probably don't even actually know any more about a single one beyond what you see on the surface. And did it occur to you that many fans of new music do listen to the old? If all you can accept is the older music, well, you're no better than the grumpy old man who only considers big band music from the 40's real music.

But, hey, unlike you, GNZ isn't one to judge. I do not perceive myself to be some kind of divine messenger sent to force his musical tastes on the unsuspecting world. I, therefore, am not going to judge the likes of you. Take this as a lesson.

So what will it be, the old "live and let live" or Paul McCartney's Live And Let Die? Your call.

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

ju9078y6ftgfrtgry7u8yuynuhynnb hjcb ljksdf gsrktjb srrbfgghgffe4445btev45u7stu7btu6vbt8b7t7y89pnyy8my89-m9-y8m89u0u9

That is the sound of me banging my head against the keyboard repeatedly.

I teplied to GNZ's post, and it was a brilliant reply; witty, concise, polite. Everything it ought to be. But, for some reason, M2A decided to crash just as I hit the submit reply button. My post was lost. I was pissed.
    I couldn't be bothered trying to remember what I wrote, lets just say I persuaded everyone that I was a great guy. Son of a ***** website.

9. Musashi

Musashi New Member

hey

I LOVE LINKIN PARK........ANY NEW ALBUMS?

10. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I lova All of Linkin Parks songs! I have been a huge fan ever since their album came out!
    I even have some songs that they don't have on their cd, it's really kool!

bye! :cool:

11. Energizer Bunny

well i just want to say I WANT A NEW ALBUM!!! hopefully they will come out with some new material soon!! im amazed by this group its forever since i got the cd and it is still in my cd player i probably know all the songs including high voltage my december and even the excecutioners song back and forth and they are still not old it takes some talent to keep me focused for so long lol the cool thing is that they have good nonpop music(i wont try to clasify them they are in a league of their own) but they dont just scream they really sing on their album and make it work with their rock and rap and i just love the album i cant say enough about it also its like the only album i can think of that almost every single person i know has this album no matter their taste in music--and i fyou knew my friends diversity youd be amazed as well okay well im done with my long post i just had to get this out lol ^.^ have a good day!

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Carousel ..

Have you heared their song Carousel ??

If you didnt .. you have to !! MAN .. it is so cool !! :D

I couldnt stop hearing it only after maybe more than 2 months :bleed2: !!

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i wanna say august or so, the remix albulm is coming out. and from what i understand, it's cool as hell.

14. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

dl'in it now.. will know soon if I like it or not :)

(edit)
    have it now, listening to it. it's not bad.. it's a good song but it's not as good as any on the album, or "my december".

*shrug* :)
    can't wait for the new album

15. Zanza

Staff Member

:sad: I hate to say this, but I didnt like My December that much ..
    But it is nice though .. :catgirl:

16. Zanza

Staff Member

Meteora..

This is the name of LP's new 25th March album :)
    Their newest song now is Somewhere I belong, get it, take it from me ;)
    Notes before downloading, there are lots of fake ones, ask BMS --; he tried like 5 times --;
    Anyway, the song is 3:33 and 5005k :)
    And here are the lyrics, just to make sure that your d/l is right ;):

Somewhere I Belong

when this began
    i had nothing to say
    and i'd get lost in the nothingness inside of me
    i was confused
    and i let it all out to find /that i'm
    not the only person with these things in mind
    inside of me
    but all the vacancy the words revealed
    is the only real thing that i've got left to feel
    nothing to lose
    just stuck/hollow and alone
    and the fault is my own
    and the fault is my own

i want to heal
    i want to feel
    what i thought was never real
    i want to let go of the pain i've held so long
    [erase all the pain 'til it's gone]
    i want to heal
    i want to feel
    like I'm close to something real
    i want to find something i've wanted all along
    somewhere i belong

and i've got nothing to say
    i can't believe i didn't fall right down on my face
    i was confused
    looking everywhere/only to find that it's
    not the way i had imagined it all in my mind
    so what am i
    what do i have but negativity
    'cause i can't justify the
    way everyone is looking at me
    nothing to lose
    nothing to gain/hollow and alone
    and the fault is my own
    the fault is my own

i will never know
    myself until i do this on my own
    and i will never feel
    anything else until my wounds are healed
    i will never be
    anything 'til i break away from me
    and i will break away
    i'll find myself today

i want to heal
    i want to feel like i'm
    somewhere i belong

Have fun ^^
    PM me if you need help :)

17. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

all their songs have gotten old i think, they all have been played out on the radio, just like everyother song. i liked them when they first came out, but they have definately gotten boring to listen to

18. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i like Linkin Park.
    good band. good.
    my fave song would be........
    By Myself.
    oh and Pushing Me Away
    and i also like Forgotten.

and i dont really get it when u say theyre music is depressing. it dosnt seem depressing. does it? nah, i dont think so....

19. Sephiroth/)ark~

Sephiroth/)ark~ New Member

Linkin park is gay there songs are stupid except for 2...they have come out with nothing new and their just some idiot tennagers(maybe older)who are a 1 hit wonder then they fu**in die out cause they cant come out with any thing better cause they put it all into one cd stupidass mother F***ers....Gawd Damn idiots.They should have not put it all into one cd but expand it GAWD their franchise is so STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

All right. This from a man who uses video gaming's most popular villian as his monicker. Get some skills. First off, i think Linkin Park is very talented, and while i may have outgrown their genre, I still respect them. I wanst a fan of reanimation, i though that was a mistake, but their new song is good. And, they aren't "One-hit-wonders," most of their songs from Hybrid Theory and a couple from Reanimation were good. Well, replace couple with Pts. Of Auth. and you see my point. Also, they aren't "stupidass mother f***ckers," as you so eloquently put it, apparantly they know how to please their listeners. And about how they can't come out with anything new? Have you read this thread at all? They have a new CD coming out March 25. Read the threads, stop flinging ****, g3t s0m3 sk33lz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.