RPG Archives Tales Of The Dark...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kenster, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenster

Kenster Guest

Welcome
    Yes "WELCOME" to another one of Kenster's RPGs, but this time i think someone might actually post a reply, so i've gone for something new this time, no HP, MP, Moves and no signing up, its all gonna be differant, completly differant.

How To Play
    No rules, No "How To Play" section, exept one thing, i'll give a bit of the story line, then we just go one and on, anyone can join, and no comedy, just a serious RPG.

Tales Of The Dark
    King Kohn (Me) sat on his frown, slitely bent over one arm, he wore a red cloak, long trousers and a black shirt underneath, as two soldiors guraded him, he sat there bored, when suddenly a crash broke the silence, the two soldiors were dead lieing on the floor, by now, Kohn was stading confused, mist and smoke fumed the place and rubble lay on the floor.
    MeanWhile out side...
    The Sky began to darken and cloads began to close, the sky was dark, and dak was about to come...
    Kohn - , hey soldiors whats going on,
    DEEP VOICE - DARK...
    Kohn - what ?

Suddenly another explsion went of but this time Kohn was somewere else, a field, he lay flat on the ground,only shaded by a tree, then someboy ran over to him...

2. Dawnfire

Dawnfire Guest

Stranger- Hey, you, get up now!
    Kohn- Wha?
    S- They are coming!
    Kohn- Who?
    S- *points to a nearby hill, where a dark shadow came rolling toward them*

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Meanwhile, back at the palace the Kings most trusted captain finds the remains of his royal guards.
    With the Darkness spreading rapidly among the kingdom, he must now step in a protect the remaining members of the royal family.
    It is now necessary to evaculate the palace for the first time since King Kohn and all his ancestors have been there.
    The King's captain of the guards, Strikor, must now assume the responsibility of the royal family and lead the search for his king:

Strikor: "Get the royal family to the alternate palace. Use the underground route through the mystic forest. I will join you shortly.

Soldier: "But sir, will you not come with us now?"

Strikor: "No, I must find out what happen here and begin the search for the King. An enemy has invaded our stronghold, and the only thing left behind are two of my best troopers slain at the footsteps of the throne. I will take 10 of my finest men with me and trek into the Dark Shadow itself. I will join you in 2 weeks, with or without the the King---sooner if we find him."

Soldier: "The Queen and young prince still don't know what has happen to the King, what do we tell her?"

Strikor: "Say nothing till I return, I will inform the Queen myself of this situation."

4. keence

keence New Member

Weeks goby and Strikor is searching through the rising darknessfor his king.

Strikor lookes at his suroundings and is dismayed, darkness covers the sky, and not an animal dared come out of it's nest.

Strikor: "any thing spoted?"
    He askes the incoming scouts, they shake their heads and head for the watering hole. not one sign of the king had been seen since that fateful day...

5. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

At the edge of the mystic forest a pair of golden/green eyes gleamed dangerously in the dark. Watching the guards intrelude with keen interest, the elven warrior, Mikomi, was able to recognize the taller one strikor, as the captain of the kings guard. She vacantly registered the darkness that was eagerly devouring the once sun lit sky with uncanny enthusiasm above her. She leaned back against the giant oak tree, no longer focused on the conversation itself but what it contained.

Mikomi: "So the king has disappeared, which means the prophicies were true. The age of darkness has come."

She watched disinterestidly as the scouts made their way back towards the watering hole. Completely absorbed in her own thoughts, she hardly noticed that strikor had over heard her self musings.

Mikomi: "I imagine I should return to head quarters. The captain will be most pleased to learn of my newly aquired information."
    Just as she was about to get up however a knifes' edge was pressed to her throat. She moaned internally at her own ignorance. Strikor had managed to creep up on her from behind and she cursed at herself for being so daft.

Strikor: " I guess its too bad for you that the information will never reach your captains ears."

6. keence

keence New Member

Strikor was reallly surprized at his luck in hearing the elf from so far. She must have been realslopy to have said something out loud. Still holding the knif to her throut he leades her into the small camp and she doesnt struggle making his job easier. What he was going to do with her was another subject...

7. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

Strikor walked back to the camp not speaking until he had reached the opening to his tent. He muttered something and shoved her inside the opening causing her to fall on her rear in a rather ungracious heap.

Mikomi: "Oi! what was that for you insensitive jerk?"

Strikor:"Just be quiet."

she gave him a toothy grin and stuck out her tongue as he turned his back.

Mikomi: "Not if I can help it. So.." she sighed picking at the carpets on the floor of his tent, "now that you have me hear what are you going to do with me?"

Strikor turned around at the impertanent child giving her a glare that would have sent even his own men into jabbering idiots. But this girl just smiled up at him sadly.

Mikomi: "Dont you find it hard maintaining this mask you wear all the time? Arnt you tired of pushing everyone away?"

Strikor: "What do you care what I do with my life? Your just a silly elf girl who caught me at a bad time thats all. And now you think you now me?"

She shook her head sadly and looked up at him with eyes that showed resentment and lonelieness.

Mikomi: "As an elf I have the ability to see into peoples souls through their eyes, and through yours I see something that other people cant."

Strikor: "Like what?" he hissed venomously at her.

Mikomi: A single tear slipped down her cheek. "Your pain..."

8. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

"Attack! We're under attack!" a burly voice rung out before the loud cry was heard, suddenly turning into more of a high-pitched squeal as a whistling came form his now ripped-open voice-box.
    Strikor sprung to his feet, too slow to have reached the one of his ten men, the heavy body crashing to the ground causing a light layer of dust to fling up, only as far as the mid-shin of the man (Strikor). The thick vermilion liquid that seeped from the open lips of the wound seemed to almost cling to everything that it touched, soon turning as black as the man's killer. The thick rivers of crimson-to-ebony liquid trickled of the jaggedly sharpened fingernails of the shadowed creature, rushing down the length of his wrist and drip-dropping onto the ground.
    Nothing really stood out about the attacker, everything was blotted out with cloaks of darkness, enveloping every detail they could except for the long tendrils of sable hair, almond shaped eyes shining with the light of the full moon. Apparently the creature had spotted Strikor as he had exited the tent, lips slowly forming from the almost shapeless face before parting. The inside of the mouth was as empty as the outside of the body, pure black, curving erections soon jutting out from the top and bottom of the mouth, serving as a form of intimidating, razor sharp teeth. The liquidy surface of the creature seemed to hold a strange glistening luster over the light of the moon which would shimmer in different directions, causing a temporary blindness to a man who looked at it the wrong way and thus forcing them to shift positions, causing a bit of difficulty for the nine that were left, and Strikor, to surround it.

9. VM1070

Strikor ordered his men to use caution. They had all witnessed first hand the destructive force of the Dark Creatures fighting ability.
    They moved slowly into position. Strikor wanted this creature taken alive. It was the only clue they may have stumbled onto since the whole madness started over 2 weeks ago.
    The Dark creature attacked quickly. It slained two more of the soldiers before they could even counter-move.
    This drove intense fear into the remaining seven that accompanied Strikor on this quest.
    Strikor could feel the fear flowing off his brave soldiers. He instructed them to fall back. They would try to regroup from a better tacticle position.
    The men quickly mounted their steeds. As Strikor turned to mount his own, the creature launched a mighty blow his shoulders, sending Strikor crashing to the ground.
    Strikor, with sword in hand, tried to defend himself from the creatures continuous assault. The creature was too fast for him, and he thought he was surely doomed. Just as the creature was about to land the finishing blow, the creature cried out in pain and fell to the ground motionless.
    At a complete lost, Strikor looked beyond the fallen creature to see Mikomi standing over the dead body. In her right hand was a golden sword which seemed to be glowing at this point.

Strikor: What happen??? How did you do that???

Mikomi: Just as you harbor secrets old friend, so do my people. Let's just say, elven warriors have powers which your mortal armies can never harness.

Strikor: You saved me when you could have just ran from this fight and been safe.

Mikomi: I have always served King Kohn loyally. My people and the Kings family have shared a common bond for centuries. I would not and could not have run from this fight. I was sent here to find out information for my master. He too is very worried of the disappearence of the King.

Strikor: We must get back to the royal family. They have been moved for their safety, but I fear these creatures may already know where that hiding place is. If the Queen and young Prince are taken or killed, the kingdom will be forever cursed.

10. Kenster

Kenster Guest

meanwhile back at the unkown field...
    we-were am i ?
    stranger : you'd be at the greatest farm your roylaness
    wh-who are you ?
    stranger- well i'd be at your aicaintence, and i am farmer yan
    just then a swordsman enters the room, king konh happens to be in a old farm house, but the swordsman who just came in looked pritty wealthy
    Farmer Yan: well hr be my son, hes got the best sword in all dah land, and i caled im by me fathers name too, Lance, hes called Lance, OI ! lance we got royalty ere, look !
    Lance: KING KOHN !
    Lance bowed down to him
    Kohn: no need to do that, were am i and how did i ge here ?
    Yan: we found you...a bit like how i found me wife, hehehe.
    Kohn: my kingdom, i must protect my kingom, the dark ages are aproachig,...
    Lance:WHOA..your kingdom ?
    Kohn:yes i am a king, of course i...
    Lance interupted him
    Lance:i know you have a kingdom, but your kingdom is a long,long,long long way away
    Kohn: then let our adventure start, Yan may your son come with me
    Lance:me on a adneture
    Yan: well if yours want to go me son
    Lance yes yes i o
    Kohn well lets go
    the two walked of lance swinging his sword and kohns long cape swaying in the wind.

11. VM1070

Strikor and Mikomi rode in the lead as they pulled in tow three mounts carrying the dead from the creatures attack.
    The remaining seven knights which accompanied the captain all seemed stunned.
    The long ride back to the royal family's hiding place would seem forever.

Strikor: Will your people open their gates to the royal family??

Mikomi: They will, but they will want to know how your people will attempt to protect them.

Strikor: My entire army will be at your beckoning. Our only concern is the safety of the Royal family. If all your people can fight the way you have, I finally see some hope for this attack on our kingdom.

The rest of the ride was again quiet as they approached the Mystic Caves where the royal family have been hidden since this ordeal first begun.

12. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

As the horses trudged their way up towards the cave mouth mikomi could feel a sense of growing dread in the back of her mind. She tried to shake it off, but the sensations were growing stronger as they made their silent passage to the cave. When the last hill was topped the sight of the entrance came into view, head pounding, mikomi tried to fight the nuasea that threatned to bubble up at any moment. strikor turned in his saddle to look at her and blinked in surprise at what he saw. Her face was pale as a ghost and her eyes had a distant blank look to them.

Strikor: "Whats wrong?" he asked turning his horse and pulling up beside her.

She looked at him and tried to speak, but quickly turned away emptying the contents on her stomach on the forest floor. Strikor blinked in surprise unable to fathom what had caused the elf to become suddenly ill. The elf looked up at him and shook her head sadly.

Mikomi: "Dont go up to the cave."

strikor looked at her striken. "Why?"

Mikomi: "Because you wont like what you see."

Strikor glared at her for a moment until he finally realized what point she was trying to make. "somethings happened hasnt it?"

Mikomi's eyes began to tear up and she reached over touching his temples with both of her index fingers. White hot fire seared his brain when she touched him and images of what had happened only a few feet away flicked through his mind.

The metallic stench of blood was heavy in the air, the queen and young prince sat huddled in the back of the cave arms wrapped around each other in a protective embrace. The creatures took out the last guard grabbing his neck and lifting him several feet above the ground before ripping out his throat and the last thread of his life. The creature turned towards the two figures huddled in the back of the cave, grinning maliciously at its last to victims. The creature made slow, methodical steps towards the back of the cave, preying on the fear the two were giving off. The woman screamed and launched her self at the creature in a last attempt to save her child.

Queen: "Run!" She screamed at the child trembling in the back of the cave. "Run and dont turn back."

The young prince rivited his eyes towards the entrance and ran past his mother and through the cave mouth just as the creature dove at the queen ripping out her throat in a single moment. The queen stretched her hand towards the entrance of the cave ignoring the blood running freely from her throat. Using the last of her strength she silently mouthed three words to the retreating figrure of her son. ...I love you...

Strikor was barely able to hold the tears back as the Queens dying moments were played before his mind. He looked up at mikomi whose own tears were now flowing freely.

Strikor: "Why are they doing this?"

mikomi turned her eyes mournfully at the sky and then reached over, embracing the captain.

Mikomi: "I have no answers for you." She spoke attempting to comfort him, " I only know that these things have happened for a reason. Good or bad i cannot say, but things will turn out as the world see's fit."

she released him and reined her horse towards the cave entrance turning around to give him a forlorn look.

Mikomi: "Come, there are dead to bury and a prince to find. I do not yet know what has become of him. If we come with in a mile of his location, however I will know the fate of the last heir."

Strikor's men looked at the elf curiously then to the captain for some explaination. He shook his head miserably and turned towards the retreating figure of the elf. They would know soon enough what had taken place.

13. VM1070

As they entered the cave, thought imagines still flashed through Strikor's mind. They were too late......His Queen was slain by these vile creatures.....and the young prince was now on the run from this beast, and his fate was still unknown.

How would his men deal with the fact that their royalty may all be lost. They haven't located the king, and have lost their first and second encounters with these creatures.

How much can and will the Elf kingdom be able to assist in this threat to the entire region??

As they entered the main opening of the cave, their first sight was of the remains of about twenty of the queens royal guards. Their bodies were torn apart and some had not even drawn their swords. Strikor looked over his shoulder to see the reaction of his knights-----the stunned look from earlier had now become a look of shear horror.

He looked over to Mikomi to see if she had anything on the prince. Her look was just as disheartening.

The outer chamber of the cave was nothing more than an open grave-yard at this point.

Strikor's concern was where was the remainder of the army that was left with the Queen. His army was 2000 in strength, could the entire number have been slained.

As they entered the inner chamber, all eyes focused on the body of their queen. She layed their motionless, her clothing soiled in blood. Strikor dismounted too check for signs of life. His queen was dead.

He stood there in the chamber and surveyed the surrounding area. within this chamber, he could see the remains of at least 200 more soldiers all slaughtered. Where were the rest of his army?? Almost 1800 soldiers were missing along with the prince.

Strikor: Mikomi, can you sense the prince anywhere?

Mikomi: The images are all clouded, but I can say that he still lives.

Strikor: Gather our fallen comrades into the outer chamber. Then we need to figure out were the rest of our army is. Mikomi, can you sense any of the rest of the army. Are they also gone?

Mikomi: I sense no presence of your army, but the prince is nearby. I can sense his presence getting stronger, nearer to us.

Strikor: What of the creatures?? Have they gone??

Mikomi: They are gone, it seems the prince has evaded them and must have circled back to return to his mother. He approaches.......

In the distance, they can hear steps approaching the chamber. No one makes any sudden move as to not startle the prince. The chamber is well lit, there would be no mistaking the persons in the cave.

Prince Roldan: Who is there?? Who dares enter this sacred place??

Strikor: Your majesty, it is your loyal servant, Strikor. It is safe now.

Prince Roldan: Captain??, have you found my father?? What has happened to our peaceful kingdom??

Strikor: I have no answers for you sire. Where is the royal army? Are they with you??

Prince Roldan: They are all gone. After you left on the quest, we were attacked by the creatures. The only ones that survived the onslaught were those you now see lying on this cave floor.

Strikor: This can not be. Our entire army has been destroyed. We have no defense for the remainder of the kingdom. There is no way to protect what's left.

Mikomi: We must get to my people. Our army will help the prince.

Strikor: Your majesty, how do you wish the remains of the Queen be treated--along with her royal guards?

Prince Roldan: Burn them!!! Then we need to leave this place. It is no longer safe for us. In the absense of my father, I am in charge--do you have any problem with that??

Strikor: No problem...My concern is your safety now.

Prince Roldan: Mikomi, how long will it take to get into Elven territory?

Mikomi: If we leave within the hour, it should take us no longer than three hours. Once we have entered the outskirts of my land, the creatures will have to stand down. They can not combat our elven magic. You will be safe there, your majesty.

14. VM1070

The disposal of the bodies seemed like it took ages to do. One-by-one, they placed another fallen comrade into the flames. They had hoped to be on their way in a hour----that was not the case. It had taken close to 2 hours to take care of all the bodies in the two chambers.

The prince placed his mothers body last. After a short moment of silence, the young prince turned to his captain and they got ready for their trek to the elven territory.

Prince Roldan: We have a lot of land to go through before we can get to the Elf's village. The horses are well rested, we will have to push them to the breaking point.

Strikor: We will take the most direct route to Mikomi's people. The harder we push the horses, the less time it will take us to get there.

Mikomi: But if we push them too hard, they will collapse and we will be forced to do the remainder of the journey on foot. If this happens, we will be most vulnerable to another attack from these creatures.

Soldier: We still don't even know how many of them are out there. We have seen what one of them can do, what happens if we encounter two or three next time. There are only ten of us left. We won't survive another attack at this rate.

Strikor: Easy now, our goal is to avoid any contact if possible. Worst case senario, if we do encounter the creatures again, we send the prince ahead of us with Mikomi and the rest of us stay behind an buy time for them.

Prince Roldan: i don't like the idea of any of you giving up your lives so recklessly. We must stay together on this journey.

Mikomi: My lord, we must do whatever it takes for you to make this journey and survive it.

All their faces shown the fear they would face on this trek. The journey would be long and very dangerous. Strikor was very ready to lay down his life for the prince's. Their only hope was the Elven kingdom.
    Now more than ever, the kingdom needed their king.............

15. VM1070

As the rules state--all are welcomed to add to this rpg. Have fun and enjoy.

16. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

ooc: Go right on ahead all are welcome. :D

17. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

ooc: Just an FYI for ya the single quotes are thoughts, so they are not actually said out loud. Most of you probably already know this, but for those of ya who dont, well its kinda important. :D

Mikomi turned and gave each of the soldiers, the captain, and the prince a scrutinizing look. "If we go now, I imagine we can make it to the elven territory by dusk. However, if we daudle here too long it will be dark before we get there. And I would rather not be caught in the dark with one of the creatures. In the day light its one thing being attacked, at least were able to see them. But in the dark they can attack with out being seen or sensed, the shadow being their master allows them to become one with darkness and strike at you like a viper. Also, we will need to find a clearing of some sort so I can send a message to my people before we arrive. Perhaps I can even persuade some of them to meet us at least part of the way. Then if we are attacked we will have some protection. I would rather not see any of you killed if I can help it. Even though duty does over ride morality at times." She gave Strikor a pained look and turned her horse to the south in the general direction of her village. 'The elves are the only hope for the kingdom now. And on my honor I cannot let the prince die, if need be I will sacrifice my self for all of them to live. Although I would rather it doesnt come to that.' Scrunching up her nose at the thought she turned in her saddle to look at each of the weary men. In all of them, there were heavy emotions of sadness and pain, and on the captain there was another emotion she couldnt understand. Around him she could feel the sense of guilt. 'He cant possibly think that this was his fault.' signalling for them to stop she turned towards a small clearing in the trees and stopped her horse staring up into the sky. Releasing the barriers she carried over her mind, she sent a message to her people praying that it would reach them before nightfall. Turning to face them all she glanced at strikor and realized she was going to have to have a little chat with him. Other wise he was basiclly worthless to them all.

Mikomi: "Would you all please excuse me and Strikor for a moment, we need to have a little talk." The prince gave her a questioning gaze before nodding and gesturing for the other 7 guards to follow. Mikomi turned her mount towards strikors and gave him a penetrating look. "Why do you feel guilt for what happened back there?" Strikors eyes snapped up to meet mikomi's cool gaze 'how could she have known?' Mikomi shook her head and chuckled at the captains confused look.

Strikor: "I do NOT feel guilty for what happened back there," he snapped, " I am just discouraged." Mikomi grinned from ear to ear at him.

Mikomi: "Do you honestly take me for being that much of an idiot? " she giggled slightly at his miffed behavior and leaned in closer to him till their faces were only inches away. "Your little game doesnt work on me remember. Just becuase others cant see what you hide behind that mask of yours doesnt mean that I cant. And right now what I see is guilt, pure undeniable guilt. You can kid your self all you want, but that is exactly what it is. Now, you can either sit here and act childish about it or you can tell me whats wrong. Either way, I WILL get it out of you sooner or later." she leaned back in her saddle folding her arms over her chest. "so spit it out..."

Strikor took a deep breath before giving the elf a death glare. "What right do you have to pry into my affairs and emotions?"

Mikomi gave him an impish grin. "Just about as much a right as I have to do this." She leaned into him allowing her lips to brush his ever so slightly before pulling away to give him a questioning look....

18. VM1070

This action caught Strikor off-guard. He had tried to keep his personal feelings in check towards Mikomi. Although his first loyalty was to the crown, his love for Mikomi was just as strong. His feelings now were clouded. How could he allow these feelings when he was surrounded by all this death and sorrow. He wanted to be able to take her in his arms and run away to some place safe and private, but the prince needed his services more than ever now.

Strikor: Mikomi, I can't do this now. I need to be strong for him.

Mikomi: You can not be strong for the Prince by taking all the blame for what has happened here. You know deep down that this could not have been avoided.

Strikor: I am the King's most trusted officer. If I were there, this might not have been......I let my personal life affect my King's life.

Mikomi: The King has never forbid you to have a life outside of your service to the crown. Our relationship is too important to just brush aside due to a foolish sense of guilt. DO YOU LOVE ME??

Strikor: You know my answer to that.

Mikomi: Than drop all this guilt and we, TOGETHER, can do our jobs here. My people have been informed of our arrival. When I sense that they have received my message, we can tell the Prince. Until that time, we should try to gain as much ground as possible before dusk. Once night falls upon us, the creatures will again have us at a disadvantage.

Strikor: You are right. You are always right. I am better than that. I should know better. Let's get the Prince to your people, than we can further discuss what will be of the two of us. When all this is over, I have a very important question to ask you.

The group rode off in the direction of the Elven village. Strikor and Mikomi rode in the lead with one of the remaining knights, the prince was in the middle, and the other six knights took up the rear. If they were attacked again, the prince would be surrounded by a human shield for as long as possible. Mikomi had hoped her people received her message before it was too late. She knew they would send help to meet them and ensure the Prince's safety. All they could do now was ride fast and hard, and avoid the shadows...............

19. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

Mikomi had kept her mind open for over an hour, each minute becoming more anxious then the next. Her people were always prompt on their replys, and in a matter as important as this, they would waste no time in answering. A sense of dread began to fill her the more time went by. When Strikor looked over at her and asked if they had contacted her yet she shook her head gloomily and downcast her eyes.

Mikomi: "No, nothing yet. It is unlike them to not answer one of my pleas. I desperatly hope that nothing has happened while I was gone. If so then I will never forgive myself." Feeling the tears well up in her eyes she turned away from him, not wanting him to see how distraught she was. If her people were gone, then the hope for the kingdom was indeed slim. The elves were the only ones with the abilities to turn back the shadow in the time of darkness. She tried to recall the prophecy, but was only able to remember bits and pieces of it. Darkness will fall, and once again the middle kingdom will come to know despair. The time of the elves will come again and together man and elf will ride into battle and turn back the shadow that threatens to destroy. She could only summerize most of the prophecy, but one line in particular she could remember clearly. 'One will come and rise above the darkness turning the tide for the people of the kingdom, through his sacrifice they will come once again to know the value of life.' Even after repeating it several times through her mind she was unable to verify the meaning behind. Finally frustrated with her efforts she turned her attention back to the road ahead. Silently brooding over the thoughts that muddled her brain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.