Inu-Yasha Who is the most annoying character?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by tascha, Jul 14, 2004.

1. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

by the way, i'm very much 13 too you know. (turn 14 in october . . .) yeah so um, i still don't like kagome. anyway yeah, why does kagome have to wear that school uniform? it's so short, she looks like prostitute . . . so um yeah.

but another really annoying character might be hmm, can't think of any right now.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Umm... do you even read previous posts, yakamashi? That particular question was just answered by Kagome's Arrow. I'm beginning to think you're TRYING to make her, and us, angry.

3. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Okay, we need to tone down the rampant character and member bashing, please. The thread will only stay open so long as people have intelligent and well-reasoned statements to make.

yakamashi, please read things before asking inane questions. The question about Kagome's school uniform has already been answered at least once. However, I will attempt to enlighten you, yet again. Pay attention.

Reasons why Kagome wears the school uniform:

1. It's a mandatory uniform. Most (if not all) Japanese schools, public and private, have school uniforms. It's part of the territory. Since Kagome is attending school, she has a school uniform that she has to wear. And most of the skirts are quite short. In fact, the longer the skirt the more of a rebel the person is. This is why many girl gangs will have long skirts as part of the "uniform" for the gang. In anime, the girls who wear longer skirts are more likely to get into fights than those that wear the standard short skirt.

2. Character recognition. As with most anime, Inuyasha is aimed at an audience of children and adolescents. It is easier to recognize a character if they don't change clothes very often. Hence why most anime and manga characters (and not just Kagome) have a standard outfit they wear.

Okay, now to get back on topic for the thread.... There are times when I find most of the characters in the series annoying for one thing or another. However, this doesn't mean I don't like the characters. But if I had to pick one character that I would classify as "most annoying" it would probably have to be Naraku. My main reason for this is because, well, he's the villain. I don't find him to be a very sympathetic character, so he grates on my nerves a lot more than would otherwise be warranted.

I also find Kikyo to be very annoying at times because of the way she treats the main group, but her motivations are quite a bit more sympathetic than Naraku's are, and she is trying to make the best of her borrowed time. Well, except for the bit where's she's trying to kill people; that I don't really agree with all that much. ^_^

~Shadrach Anki

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

chigau wai! i'm just too lazy to read the posts okay?
    oh. and am i making you angry too? oh well.

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I don't recall posting here regarding anything other then why Kagome should rule Venus, so .... here ya go!

First and foremost, I absolutely despise Naraku. First off I hate the fact that he can be such a cold-hearted cheeky little bastard, not to mention the cause of so much pain and suffering, without feeling a single ounce of remorse. He seems almost supremely evil, though there's already a thread discussing this, he seems to have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, which is irritating for me since I'm partial to villians more like Sesshomaru or Kagura - villians that are purposely evil but show some decency as well, however hidden it may initially appear. I just wish Takahashi had developed Naraku a bit more - made him more tangible character instead of the Satan-Spawn-Inherently-Evil-Supervillian we all love to hate.

Second of all I rather dislike Sesshomaru, or rather I dislike what Sesshomaru's become in the eyes of mindless fangirls. Initially I found him rather tedious, the "callous yet good-hearted" stereotypical "villian" you find in quite a few of the more popular anime series. Gradually he grew on me after realizing that he actually isn't so flawless and untouchable, he's more of the "fighting for daddy's tooth" type, and his stories grow more enhancing as the series progresses. However (if you visit ff.net or read some Sesshy fansites), you'll find that all previous character development has been completely and utterly disregarded as hordes of fangirls proceed to bestow Sesshomaru traits he's never possessed (including but not limited to: sensuality, humiliated easily, feminine, and romantic) in order to fulfill their fantasies of playing out their wildest desires and not getting shunned or sent to a therapist for it (what frightens me the most is when twelve year olds write these explicitly emony scenes, my god, what is the world coming to?)

Another character I find barely tolerable is Kanna, for the same bulk reason as I dislike Naraku - she's sorely under developed. Plus, she's excruciatingly submissive, not a quality I find redeeming in most character types - but villians especially.

Last but not least I can't say I'm a huge fangirl of Shippo/Myoga's. They may be adorable (or Shippo may be anyway), but while they originally are portrayed as main characters, they gradually get shoved into the background side-stories for the remainder of the series. Plus, Myoga's a coward and Shippo's a nuisance. *shrug*

6. Black Nyoko

Black Nyoko New Member

Most Annoying Character

Inuyasha, I think has a great index of characters, however, there are those characters who are absolutely annoying.

I really think that Shippou IS very annoying. There is no reason for his existence...well okay that's a bit harsh, but i think that his character is not that important, in fact if there is an episode in which he is in, you know when the episode is actually about Shippou its a complete filler. His character status is well declining.

If there is a shippou then there is a jaken. I cannot stand that little mess of a creature. I mean why does Sesshoumaru even keep him around? What value can Jaken possibly possibly possess?

As far as Kagome goes, I've also noticed how she always screams, yells, or says "INUYASHA" That gets pretty annoying I mean sometimes she just says his name and nothing else. Well for her skirt it doesn't really bother me, in fact i've never really noticed. MOst school girls in Japan were that type of attire, so she just looks likes any other school girl to me.

7. Kagome's Arrow

Supposedly Jaken's around for comic relief, and I must say he does a good job of it (though instead of laughing because of him, we're laughing at him). He does provide a brother figure to Rin, however, right down to the "arguing for daddy's attention" element. His voice is just too scratchy for my taste, though, listening to him gives me a headache and pills are expensive. I should sue him.

That used to irritate me too until I realized (if it wasn't done constantly) that it was to provide as a sign of her affection for Inuyasha, something to show that she is, indeed, concerned about his welfare. More likely, Sunrise couldn't think of anything for Inuyasha to do while battling, so they decide to give their viewers a break (and to keep Inuyasha/his foe from staring at one another for ten minutes the way they do in DBZ) they let Kagome add a layer to the fight sequence.

8. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Yeah, that irritated me too, but to me the most irritating character is Kikyo. Please don't take this personally, but she used to always, (I think she still does....not that far into the episodes) "bug" Inuyasha about, you know the luvy stuff. She had died in the past, let it be that way. So then Kagome, and Inuyasha can, you know. :D

9. Kagome's Arrow

I feel compelled to point out that Kikyo's only conversed with Inuyasha about "the luvy stuff" once within the earlier episodes - during Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss when she was attempting to manipulate him into accompanying her to Hell (so she was basically playacting). Following this, Kikyo's motives eventually shift, and she often puts up an apathetic facade before Inuyasha to conceal her nostalgic feelings.

Blah, another character that irritates me is Hojo. I mean I think it's cute that he's so thoughtful toward Kagome, but how dense can a person be? Really, I think he has ulterior motives XD

10. Vegetalover16

Vegetalover16 New Member

meh.......

KIKYOU!!! i think she is soooooooooo self centered!!! like in the episode before "return to where we first met" , i think it is called "onigumos heart still beats within naraku" she thinks that inu yasha , and naraku are in love with her!!! naraku is not!!! sge is so full of herself!!!

11. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Everyone is a little annoying by something, to me.

Kagome- The way she always needs help even tho she can defend her self.

InuYasha- He wont ever let out how he really feels.

Miroku- He always goes up to woman asking them for a child, even tho he should try to find a woman he loves and make sure she loves him and have a child.

Sango- How she always thinks she needs to kill her nrother, but when she sees him she just turns into puddy and gets the crap beat of her.

Shippou- What is there to like?

Kikyou- She acts all nice to people she doesnt know, but when she sees people like InuYasha and the "gang" she acts like a b***h.

Sesshoumaru- He is always trying to find a way to kill InuYasha, but when he has the opening to do so he doesnt take it.

Naraku- It is really set up so nobody likes him in the show. He is like the "bad man".

12. D.T.

D.T. New Member

I don't know how people don't like kikyou... she isn't "kikyou" but still.

I don't hate any of them. There is some downside though.

Shippou: He always is in the way when things get good... but not all the time, but it dose get annoying.

kana: .......She never..... gives a reaction... if she was happy her face would be :sad: and if something bad was to happen: :sad: or if she is down right mad: :sad:

I'm not to judge opinions on what others hate. That is the only two I get anoyyed at... from time to time.

13. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

So full of herself, hmmm... Inuyasha acts that way too... So do many others in the story. Why must we, even I myself, be so focused on a character's selfishness to hate them?

14. Chibi-Kikyo

Chibi-Kikyo New Member

Annoying character

The most annoying characters??? Hmm...

Kagome- The typical whining *****. (sorry for the peoples who like her.)

Shippo- ugh annoying!

Jaken- are there actually JakenFans? He's such a coward!

Kouga- i hate when he says, "Kagome's my woman" i mean, what about ayame?

InuYasha- he can't even choose between Kikyo and Kagome (Death or life).

Kikyo- a little bit, annoys me at times, hiding from InuYasha...

Those are it... don't take this seriously :dizzy2:

15. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I think jaken is annoying. and it is not for the same reason that jakotsu put. it just because he talks and worries to much about sesshomaru

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Oh, come on! Jaken's cool! He's got that neat whiny-squeaky voice, the weirdo beak-mouth thing, and a staff that spits fire! What more could you want?

Besides, of course Jaken worries about Sesshomaru, if anything happened to him, Jaken would have to get a new servant, and very few are as competent as Sesshomaru. :anime:;):D

But seriously, I think you all think too poorly of Jaken, he's always been one of my favorites in Inuyasha.

Jaken, Banzai!

17. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

*sigh* fine Ill find another.....eeer.....hmmmm....RIN!!!!....well the reason why I think that rins anoying is that she is TOO obediant to Sesshomaru, god if he told her to jump of a cliff she would say "which one Sesshomaru-sama the short one or the tall one" I know that he broght her back to life, but come on!!! not many people are so obediant that if they tell you to not move, theyl actually freeze in place. Shes cute, but you have to addmit, sometimes she can get pretty anoying.

18. tascha

tascha New Member

Wow! I just Checked This old thread that I made 2 billion years ago and It's awesome How MAny Peoples Wrote In here! :)
    Kagome's arrow REALLY wrote alot! Not that I"m Surprised after What PEoples were saying about KAgome!I bet THere ALL Jelouse!<-- can'tWrite
    ANYWAYS UMMMM I haven't watched INuyasha In a long long time!:eek:
    So I can't really say anything.....
    except for JAKEN IS a But Head LOL
    Shippou Is SOOO cute

QUestion:
    Hmmm.. who is more annoying???
    shippou-jaken-Inuyasha or seeshi weshi?
    PLease Anwserrrrrrr

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Sesshy-Weshy? Umm...

Anyway, out of the four choices: Inuyasha, Jaken, Shippo, and... "Sesshy-Weshy," I would have to say Shippo is. For reasons, watch any episode of Inuyasha.

By the way, tascha, if you haven't watched Inuyasha in a long time, then you've missed the newer episodes, haven't you? On YTV, at least, they finally started showing the newer stuff.

...And don't think I didn't notice that "Jaken is a butthead" thing. Sooner or later, you will realize how awesome Jaken is. Whether through your own designs or multiple threats from me. :D

20. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Shippou DUH, who here can give a good answer why they like Shippou? I am not talking about "he is cute" and stuff like that I am talking about well thought out answers.
    Shippou has a lot of flaws he doesn't hold any type of ground he is all ways begging for something..is makes me a little annoyed at times.Think if he was not in the show what would it change? It really wouldn't change anything at all, because he has nothing important to the show.
    His moves are weak, he can't do nothing and his tail would make a really good purse. His voice really annoys also there isn't anything I like about him..but thats just me!