Inu-Yasha Who is the most annoying character?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by tascha, Jul 14, 2004.

1. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

id never say anything bad about jaken!! i love that toad and his firebreathing staff!

thanks for the warning shinryu, but i stand by what i said:

KAGOME SUCKS!!!!!

2. Muse

Muse New Member

Heh, I almost have to agree with ~ruby_zeal~ on that one, sorry KA.
    The dubbed Kagome is can really be annoying. Her voice is too shrill and whiny sometimes.
    In the un-dubbed InuYasha Kagome's voice is awesome. Perfect for her character... but the English girl can work on her voice... she's still cool tho, cuz it's Kagome, ya kno?
    No hard feelings.

3. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

I would have to say Kagome. Her voice in the anime is really high pitched and she barely helps out for the gang. I still like her though, I have my reasons, but I'll spoil the series if I tell you....Anyway, I don't like Kagome's wimpy attitude. I would have to agree with ~ruby_zeal~ about Shippou. He annoys me a lot.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I notice a lot of the complaints about Kagome are about her voice. Why blame Kagome for a poor voice actor? It's not her fault Americans, and Canadians can't talk nicely. :D

*Goes off to hunt Kendra Masonchuk for ruining Cherry's voice*

5. kikyoulvr4eva

What's up with you? I'm just wondering, but why can't people be nuetral with Kikyou and Kagome? Look, Kagome shouldn't sit like that in a skirt so short. Kikyou only tried to kill Kagome once. Wait, let me edit that, She only tried to kill INUYASHA once. Not Kagome. Sure Kagome will change, but so will Kikyou. Kagome doesn't belong in Inuyasha's time and neither should he in hers. I like Kagome and Kikyou both. Why can't anyone else? The most annoying, I would have to say Shippou and Kagome. Kagome not so much as Shippou.

6. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

its not just her voice that annoys me. as someone said before, she doesnt do much in battle and inuyasha gets hurt trying to protect her (i know its because he loves her, but still). she also seems to be the cause of getting the group into trouble. for example she got kidnapped by the wolf demon tribe, panther tribe, urasuei (the one who brought kikyo back to life), kikyo at one point, and one of naraku's incarnations.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, think about who she is, where she's from. Do ordinary people face down demons on a daily basis? Do you? No. Kagome is actually quite brave, considering the circumstances. She'd be quite within her rights to simply curl up in a corner and do nothing, waiting to be rescued. It's plausible, because I'm betting that's what you would do in her situation.

But she doesn't. She stands and fights, even though she doesn't have to, even though she could just leave the feudal era to itself. That seems brave to me. I think it's a wonder she does anything in battle at all. She's an ordinary everyday human, thrust into an adventure she didn't ask for, and I'm impressed that she doesn't simply curl up and cry.

She gets kidnapped a lot. Well, kidnappers tend to go for the weakest link, and that link is Kagome, since nobody would bother with Shippo. And through it all, Kagome is brave. She doesn't cower (much), she doesn't cry, she takes it all with dry eyes, and hope in her heart. None of her present-time friends could do the same, I'm betting. And, after the ruckus is over, doesn't the Inu gang come out ahead anyway? Whether because they get another jewel shard, or an ally, or whatever, they always end up ahead.

[EDIT]Kagome shouldn't sit in a skirt that short? How many times has this been explained? It's standard Japanese schoolgirl uniform (at the time). Kagome's Arrow has gone over this. Wait while I uncover the post.

...Here it is. Click here.

Shinryu - Defending Kagome during the absence of Kagome's Arrow (Man, being shot into enemies hurts :D )

8. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

HAHAHA, yea I'm surprised too. I mean he's cute, but he can be a lil annoying. I dont like Kagomes friends, they are too, sorry to offend anyone, girly and they dont understnad that Kagome doesnt like Hojo the way they want her too. they want her to go out with him because hes the most popular guy in school. I also dont like flea Miyoga. he's very annoying...and I think with that I'm done

I read Shinryu's last comment and I agree with him 100% I think Kagome is very brave for a human and when Inuyasha was becoming a full demon, who went to try and save him? thats right, no one but Kagome :) Shes a plus in my book thats for sure. And dang Kagomes Arrow, you freaking ROCK! you made the best points I could think of I really do Love yours and Shinryu's comments though :D . . . dang you guys are good!

9. kikyoulvr4eva

What about Kikyou? Isn't she like Kagome.....pure human? How come she can actually defend herself alone? Sure, brave. I wouldn't just stand there when Kageromaru about to attack you and all you can say is "oh!" She doesn't even move! She just closes her eyes! If you are being attacked, the first thing you should do is MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Yes, Kikyo is (or was) pure human. However, she was born and raised in feudal era Japan. For the purposes of the story she does have at least some martial training, she is accustomed to warfare in some way, and she was also trained extensively as a miko.

Contrast, if you will, with Kagome. Kagome is from modern Japan which is, by all accounts, quite peaceful. She does not have martial training, nor is she familiar with war. Although she lives at a temple, she was not trained as a miko. She is a normal girl from this day and age.

I agree that if you're being attacked the first thing you should do is move. However, I don't know that I would be able to do that if I found myself in a situation like that. I would be more likely to freeze.

To get back on topic...I honestly don't know who I find most annoying. Most of the characters will get on my nerves at one point or another, but most of them will also have really cool, redeeming qualities about them (even if it's simply that they're a villain that I love to hate). I'll have to think more on the topic before I give a more in-depth answer.

~Shadrach Anki

11. kikyoulvr4eva

Good point. I like your comeback.

I don't like weakness......you don't show someone you're vulnerable then they will take advantage of you.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Sure, Kagome is weak, compared to Inuyasha, or Kikyo, or whoever. But that is, again, because she is an ordinary human from present-day Japan. She isn't a half-demon, she isn't undead, she doesn't have super powers. And neither do you. Tell me, if you were in the same position as her, transported back to feudal Japan, as you are, watching demons do battle humans, and each other, and existing in a constant state of war, what would you do? Can you honestly say you'd be any braver, any stronger than Kagome? Answer honestly, now.

13. kikyoulvr4eva

Actually, yes. I used to be weak, stupid, vulnerable. I changed. I almost got hit by a car and I wasn't scared. Sounds weird but it's true. Hey, I wished I was in the military, fighting for our country. Something ( can't tell you cause it's a secret) changed me, made me stronger. I like demons, monsters, weird things. Why should I be afraid of them? I've always been underestimated.

Kagome will get tougher eventually. It's just I'm bothered by the way she, in 17 volumes, still hasn't gotton used to demons and monsters. It's also bothers me when Kagome is usually the one who causes most of the gang to get hurt.

Is this a debate, or a cat fight? I'm not here to pick a fight you know. (Honestly, this is not a lie. Don't believe me, I don't care. You have your own opinion about me.) Anyway, what about you? Would you be scared if you were in Kagome's position?

How old are you? 17? (Why am I asking this? Because I'm younger) Who's Cherry? The main character from Saber M.?

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, I suppose that, in the end, your opinion of Kagome is just that. Yours. It's not my place to change it. I try to show you how others think, how we see her, and I try to point out how some of your reasons for disliking her need not be. That is all.

Would I be scared if I were in Kagome's shoes? Well, they'd probably hurt my feet.:D But seriously, it really is, for me, something I couldn't know for sure unless I were in that situation. I'd like to believe I'd be brave, that I'd stand and fight like the rest of them, but really, it's not something you can truly be sure of. Of course, were I defending Cherry, I would fight to my last breath against the devil himself, without a single thought for my own safety.

Yes, I'm 17, though I'll be 18 in three months. Cherry, besides being one of the main characters of Saber Marionette J, is also my beloved. But that's getting beside the point.

What I want to do, is find the real reason you dislike Kagome, and, if possible, change your opinion of her. You say she's weak, I say that, compared to her friends (in present-day Japan), she is strong. And the list goes on.

15. kikyoulvr4eva

I already did change my opinion about Kagome. I used to hate her like heck. But that was when I was always hot headed. It was awhile ago. I don't like Kagome cause she's weak, but I know she will eventually be stronger later in the series. I love Kikyou too, but there are reasons that I don't like her. Both characters might have bad qualities (everybody does) but I still like them. They both help each other and I wished their friendship will grow stronger....even though they barely have a friendship.....I still like Kagome almost as much as I like Kikyou.....but if someone insults my favorite character, then I will defend her.

Can I add you to my buddy list?

16. Reisti Skalchaste

I see now. Alright, I won't argue with you any more. And sure, go ahead and add me to your list. No need to ask.

17. Silver Rei

Silver Rei New Member

What!?

[removed for dissing other board members] *eyes turn red*Considering the scenerio, Kagome is taking this rather well. I mean, she was just sucked out of her normal life into an era where she's in danger every other second. GODS!!! She is my second favorite character and I don't care what you people say! Grrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

18. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Woah, calm down. No one's dissing your opinion. I just can't stand the girl. She gets on my nerves.

19. Reisti Skalchaste

And hey, if you read my posts, I was defending her. I'm (sort of) on your side!

20. kikyoulvr4eva

What the hell is wrong with me? I'm just naming negative qualities of Kagome. I have my reason why I don't like her, but that doesn't mean that I absolutely hate her through and through. Look, people have their own opinions. Kagome is kinda taking this rather well, but she can improve. It would be nice if she would actually help more often. I like her as much as I like Kikyou, but I will defend her too. It's not like I will defend Kikyou and only Kikyou.

Who's your first favorite character?