Anime Anime in your school

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kamui, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Yeah, i think right now we have about 50 members of the HAC.

We are in the process of theming our Club. Seeing as how the old president of HAC left the school, I am the president now. So, according to rules, I can re-theme the Club.

I am thinking of theming it on Hellsing, because we could make some really awsome HAC shirts with the Hellsing pics I got.

So, me and the vice are thinking about what we're gunna theme it.

2. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

3. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I think that anyone with an anime club might find this amusing or useful

4. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

wel....

My school doesnt have an Anime club, but about me and9 of my friends made a manga club and the manga right now is chobits, actually i read the manga an distribute it, so im like the president

5. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

well there is an anime club at my university, but its dead. i went once and i was the only other person there. all the club did was watch unlicensed anime(they rented out the school theatre) and since animesuki.com came around, there was no need to even leave your room. ah well

6. Majin Buu

Majin Buu New Member

My school is sad. Most people hate Anime, and when I say hate, I mean HATE!! It makes me want so MAD!!! :anger2: :anger2:

7. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Most of the girls at my school think all anime-lovers are either trying to be asian (or are asian) or else they're just losers. Many of the guys, however, seem to like anime, and the group that I normally hang out with (which consists of almost all asians, I'm so alone! :() has a couple really big anime lovers. In fact, they got me into anime in the first place. But overall, no, most people at my school don't appreiciate anime at all :anger2:

8. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I haven't been around the site in ages but Anime is getting a better reputation around my area. :anime:

9. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Nope, nada, zip.

I am the only one who likes anime in our school. Only me, and my 2 friends even know what anime is!

10. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i'm only in middle so that might be the reason, but only a handful of eight graders and a couple of six and seven graders that i know of. And plus i live in a place that has a lot of old people there. (Florida) but not that many people talk about it here.

11. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

There is quite enough of people at my school that we can start an anime club. (Which we are trying to do!)

12. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

oh hey Kos-Mos I had the same problem for a while. It is fustrating.

anyway my school has an anime club..well it did last year but I hardly hear anything about it now. The president graduated last year and I was going to attend the meetings except for the problem that I always had soccer practice. Yeah...so I have no idea if we still have it or not. But I don't hear about a lot of people who like anime and manga. Some people in my Japanese class but out of maybe the whole group I only know like one who knows about anime and manga. The people in my school are very judgemental so when they see anime and manga I have no idea what's goin on in their heads. Most ask, "why are their eyes so big?" So not many people like anime in my school or I just don't know it.

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

No more school for me!... Except post-secondary. But, at my old High School, some weird things happened. When I was in Grade 10, we had a club with about 20-25 people in it. Most of them were in Grade 12 at the time. It was this club that got me into anime for the first time. Then I got bogged down with homework and didn't have time for it anymore :sad:. In Grade 11, we had an abortive attempt at a club that lasted 2 months before it died.:sad: Apparently they ran out of material. No such attempt was made last year.:sad: I had my circle of friends that liked it, let's see, (without breaking anonymity) there was my friend in Social who showed me Saber Marionette J (greatest anime ever) 2 years prior, there were two other girls, (actually most of them were girls), a few others, as well as the one you can find here as "Bookwyrm." It sounds confusing 'cause I'm not giving names, but there were anywhere between 5-15 at any given time. In a school with 1500 people that's not very good, but I am working on it. I'm trying to find a way to start an anime club up in my community. I think the biggest problem with anime clubs tends to be the lack of membership.

14. pris17

pris17 New Member

i have known in my whole life 4 people who like anime. All my freinds dont understand it. Its not that they hate it just dont understand it. I have met 2 people in the school im in now who like it but im afraid their are many people in my school who tease them.

15. sakana

sakana New Member

There's several different races at my high school who're fans. Anime-style posters are through the halls sometimes advertising theme days, Spirit Week, election days, dances and such. Manga's read in some hallways, anime decorates several lockers. But back in elementary school, someone who drew anime-style eyes would be asked if they were drawing Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball, and some people would hate it and others would like it. I'd love there to be an Anime Club at my school, but don't know of someone to start it.:sweat:

16. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

I feel for you, man. Some of my friends are into it, and then there are these scary people that give anime a bad name. You know what I mean? those peeps that talk about Dragonball Z at the top of their lungs at lunch and still have Pokemon cards . . . and bring them to school? Scary . . . I spend hundreds of dollars on anime and manga, but I'm not quite THAT scary.

1 person likes this.
  17. Evil Santa

Evil Santa New Member

hmmm.. well.. there are really only 2 people i know of that like anime in my school (me and my friend) but i think if everyone else saw some of the better animes and realized that anime isnt limited to DBZ and Pokemon and such, then i say there would be alot more fans.

imo, tv ruins the whole anime concept they show the kiddie shows and give anime a bad reputation... i think they should have an anime channel where they show nothing but anime 24/7, commercial free would be nice but i doubt that would ever happen. maybe then people will come to respect anime rather than swat it away... *sigh* well... thats just my opinion.

18. Fushigi Rockna

Okay, recently (being a couple months ago) three of my friends and i began to share manga. Some of our other friends started to borrow our mang and now we have (well had) this little manga ring going on in my grade, consisting of me and my friends. These are all people who didn't give a rat's bum-bum about anime before and now enjoy reading anime. of course, me and 2 of my original friends that started it (and another one that wouldn't lend any of her's out before) are the ones that own all the manga. XD A couple of us are even going to Animethon together! (That is...I ever get permission from my father....)

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Animethon, eh? I know where you're from! But I won't say it. Suffice to say, I'm intending to go. If you do go, make sure you bring a lot of money. I went to Anime North in Toronto with only $800, and I came back with $2, wishing I had more money.

20. Fushigi Rockna

I don't live in Edmonton. :p cause I know that's what you're gonna say. But you're close. I live in a small town that's rather far from Edmonton but we go there to go see movies an' stuff. (it's the only place i cna buy manga and anime anyways).

800$!? Dude, I'm only 15 years old, I'm gonna tlak to my dad about bringing 50$! All I really wnat are some inking pens (if anyone's selling any) a plush and some manga. My friend bought her YGO manga there last year for 10$! Any of my money left will probably buy me some posters...posters are cheap! XD Not like I'm gonna buy eveyrthing I see. o_O

btw if you do go..I should be there cosplaying as Mint from Tokyo mew mew (the girl in my avatar and signature) that's if we ever finish my costume...

1 person likes this.