Anime Anime in your school

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kamui, Oct 31, 2003.

1. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

in my other school in the states..LA.. we had anime clubs every lunch time and we would spend time together watching anime, eating, talking about anime, trading cards, drawing,selling anime...
    but now at this new school i am in.. nop.. no anime club but some do like anime.. not much...
    misao

2. radicaledd

radicaledd New Member

only 8 poeple i know in my school like anime :sweat: we dont have an anime club :sad:

3. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I have absolutly no people in my school that like anime.
    Or at least nobody that will admit it.
    I wish there was someone I could talk to about anime though.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

FR, you were right about where I thought you lived. It is certainly a logical guess.

I guess, if you really watch what you spend, $50 could be enough. I figured it was a good idea to give you a warning about cost, because, as you can read above, I spent vast amounts of money. Believe me, that amount was hard to come by. I was saving for 7 months, and I called in over $1500 in debts people owed me. I kept spending money before I left, so I had less when I got there, but it was very difficult to get it all.

Hey, I'm only 17. It's not much easier to get money at that age than 15. (Except now I have a job at Safeway, so I get more money) But, at the time, I was getting only $50 a week from a part-time job I had.

Don't doubt that I'll go, I want to compare it to Anime North. I'll look for you. You probably won't see me though. My costume isn't going to be ready until next year at the earliest :sad:. I would be going as Otaru from Saber Marionette J. But, if you do want to find me, I'll be wearing a brown vest, and likely a Homer Simpson hat. Hope you enjoy the con!

5. inuyashaXZ

inuyashaXZ New Member

i dont no no one in my school that likes anima besides me witch i think is sad being that anima is one of the coolest things that any one could of made :anime:

6. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

Amusingly in contrast, my school is 50% an anime nesting ground, though not all participate in the Anime Club because of sports and other interests. Nevertheless, many to all of the school acknowledge anime, and above a half participate it. We have quite a number of otakus. They are down in the asian hall over there. We stay away from that place in the mornings, because the high-pitched voices are enough to shatter an eardrum or two.

Suffice to say, you can't walk past 4 open lockers without an anime poster around somewhere. Of course, most of the anime are in privacy or inner circles or such. We can't have over 200 people in a room, now can we?

7. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

Anime in my school?

There isn't any. I'm all alone :(

1 person likes this.
  8. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Ummm I don't remember how I got into manga and anime when i was in primary but i got drawing, learning and taught my friends a lot about it.. A few of my friends asked me to teach them how to draw manga or something along those lines. I don't know any otakus, sadly, but i know a lot of manga haters. What really makes me want to bash peoples heads in (though I wouldn't. I'm a bit passive) is when, even now that the phase of the Pokemon craze has died people still tease my interest and call it kid's cartoons. I try to inform them or otherwise.. and try to encourage them to watch Ninja Scroll before calling anime childrens viewing, but they never seem to listen. I have my circle of manga fans, and my friend likes to borrow my Inuyasha comics, which I need more of. But no noone in my school is an otaku. I highly doubt I'm anywhere near being one either. I've only been studying Japanese for a year and a half and haven't drawn much lately.. I'm only just going back to manga crazes now and umm I haven't got the best budget... But yeah, I'm the most otaku person in my school that I know of. People always call me a nerd for it, but I'm loyal enugh to anime to ignore it, lol ^^ Well so ya.. i'm a loner too i guess

--Beauty :catgirl:

1 person likes this.
  9. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

None whatsoever. However, I have to admit I can't blame anybody for it. The few people who associate themselves with anime at my school are three or four of the top 10 less mature students.

It's mostly why there isn't an anime club, I suppose. Everybody who likes anime keeps it to themselves in fear of being labeled with these select few.

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Anime at my school...

People are impressed if they see you drawing it, there are some anime fans, and it's not...disrespected.

I've probably stated this before, but I looong for my brother's CEGEP, which has an extensive anime club and collection.

--MT

11. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

we have sort of a lot of anime fans at our school, i got almost all of my friends into it, OMG i just remembered at are school people entered into some art thing and almost half of the drawings were from some sort of anime, so i think animes well known in our school

12. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Let me tell you about my school and anime:

After hanging over seventy anime club posters in our school, all were ripped down. Eventually "anti-anime club" ones appeared. I even heard a petition was against us. And there were the snide comments to deal with. But we just kept hanging them up in impossible places... ever fighting against the losers who were breaking their legs ripping down posters from the ceilings, stairways, etc. Finally we got 3 put into the art gallery, where nobody could rip them down but many could see them.
    I remember my friends dropping me down the stairs accidentily because we were trying to hang them as high as possible... hehe.

But it was so bad! I remember my friend hung one up, walked to her locker, and came back a minute later. The poster was gone.
    But the first anime club was great. Over 30 people came. It was worth it.

13. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Not that many at my school i think im the only one thats in anime fan everyone esle thinks of them as cartoons i get mad at them when they do that when they dont know what there saying

14. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oh, If only in my school! All the fans are in hiding down here. Its all because of all these stereotypes. Well, I've found half of them....trying to find the other half. Which is like 22 people...*sigh*

By the way, Im in Orlando, FL if you were wondering.

15. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Anime doesn't get any respect in my school. There are some open anime fans out there in my school, but most just don't talk about it. I have stuff written on my binder about anime, just like the names of a few shows I like. That is about it. I do tend to draw people alot though during class. Everyone thinks anime is Poke'mon, YGO, and Sailor Moon here. Not saying there is anything wrong with those animes, but those are the only animes that mostof the people have ever heard of. Two of my friends are anime fans, my best friend Sabrina, who has went nuts over anime after I let her borrow one of my movies because I thought she would like it.
    There is no anime club in my school, bu I am only in middle school, ( will be in High School next year though!) but I don't know if there is one in High School or not. I hope that there is though.

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

The Anime society mentioned near the start of this thread didn't last very long... (this was back March 2004 actually). The chairmen of that society were just too lazy and their posters did not change too frequent, plus they were showing GitS:SAC, good but rather heavy-going. Annoying thing was that they refused to let other people take over the society. So i waited for the beginning of the next school term...

This year the chairman have left for university so I have taken over the society, co-chairman with a friend of mine. We installed flashy posters and have attracted over 50 people to sign up for the society on the union day (day at the start of the year where all societies set up small stalls and are advertised to everyone), making us the largest group.

The society kicked off for an impressive start, totalling some 35 people (I think it is a record for a new... well, re-newed society. We showed Gundam Seed first... didn't last, was too heavy going. Naruto next, which was popular, kept that and decided to put on FMA as well (2 eps of naruto and 1 ep of FMA per meeting)... FMA didn't make it past 20 before people started complaining about it (they want more of Naruto). They're all too narrow minded, it's all about naruto to them, not saying it's bad, but that's THE ONLY ONE they like.

So, Naruto it was... and still is.

- Shen

17. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Noone in my school was into it that much, even though there was an anime club....I wasn't in it, mind you, but it was there...

18. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

oooo! I've been informed of an Anime club being formed at my school not too long ago. But instead of just watching anime, they'reoing to go over the history of anime and all that stuff. Technically, thats more of a history club for me, as they said they'd be disscussing and watching little of these day's anime. *sigh*

-K

19. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Poor Kaiyon...I think My old high school was alittle Lame, and most likely had the same type of club. But, I would have taken interest in it...I love history, and knowing the roots of something always helps to better enjoy it...Or so they say.

1 person likes this.
  20. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

when i went to school no one liked anime there, but thats what happens if u go to stupid snobby private school. :anger2: And if anybody did like anime they kept it a secret.