Debate Do you think that God exists?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fushigi, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Again, how do you know it isn't a particularly long-sighted demon acting good?

*shrugs* Again, could always be a very clever demon.

And as far as your question goes, I don't know if I'm being decieved or not. BUT I am not claiming to be on The One True Path (I believe many paths lead to goodness fyi).

1 person likes this.
  2. KazigluBey

KazigluBey New Member

I guess I would have to agree with you there. (I would still bet my life that it's not a demon I've been praying to these sixteen years, but hey, that's just me.) If it is a demon though, you'd have to feel sorry for him. It must suck to have to spend so much time on one anal-retentive and picky little girl, eh? ;) Hope he gets bonus brownie points from Satan. :anime:

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Who says he can't multi-task? :p

(and you're a girl? ah, the "Bey" kept making me think "Boy" and the avatar is particularly beefy...)

4. KazigluBey

KazigluBey New Member

Actually Kaziglu Bey is Turkish for Impaler Prince, the "title" given to Vlad Tepes, the model for Dracula. The avatar is of Vlad Tepes from Castlevania. See, I just really like vampires. (And here you all thought I was some Bible-hugging goodie-goodie! ;) )

5. Zephos

Zephos New Member

To answer the (original) question, No I don't beleive in a God or the like. Im an Atheist of (technically) 5-4 years. Before I was just kid who didnt really know what to think. I lead life with a code, one that has earned me inner peace, happiness, you name it. Being happy is my creed.

2 people like this.
  6. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I dont believe in the god we widely hear about, but I do believe in the greek gods. I prey to Atrimis every full moon that I catch with a stone I blessed.

7. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I view the Greek's pantheon and other polythetistic religions to be merely facets of the awareness of one universal entity. People worship what is important to them. Those who see the moon as an important symbol may turn to Artemis, or maybe Apollo or Ra if the the sun drives their way of life. Rain, harvests, and birth are all different aspects to our world that are often symbolized as gods.

8. pris17

pris17 New Member

It a funny thing realy. I am a pegan and the thought of one single living force having power over everything is a bit extream for my thinking. Not to mention what is there saying that such a being is out there? The bible was writen by man not by god himself. Not to mention all the religion's that were out long before christianity and all that. I beleive that there are forces out there. but i do not feel that it is one main force.

9. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I don't see it so much as having power over all, but part of all. If you think about though with pagan gods, oftentimes, even though they acknowledged the existence of other gods, worshippers focused their devotion to usually one god or goddess.

Religion has changed as has humanity. That is the main problem with the Bible is that people don't see that it wasn't written for them, but people for hundreds of years ago. Now there are many great ideas that have been passed through the ages, and I believe that they can be used in modern life.
    Most of the early religions were concerned with fertility and death, which are both still big concerns now. Our perceptions of the world have changed so our perception of God has changed. What may for some seem a large group of gods and goddesses can be put into one great entity for others.

10. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

The only good thing the bible is for now is to teach moral standards. And I guess some stories could be good for bed time story telling....but thats about it.

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Please tell me you're joking. There isn't that much thats really moral in it.

1 person likes this.
  12. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

yeah i think there is a god even in animes they hab gods ^^ :anime: ne??? hehe...
    but it depends on which god u r talking about
    misao

13. Vicious

To tell you the truth.....I wouldnt know about the moral thing. But my counselor used to read us stories from the bible while i was at camp. Long time ago though.....

14. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I think that something had to start our world and everyhitng thing else.The universe didnt just pop up out of no where.I belive something made it or started it.I dont think there is one super all mighty ruler that has contol over everything I belive theres something out there..just dont know what.. :dizzy2:

15. DrunkenDaydream

DrunkenDaydream New Member

God... Yes, I believe there is a god, but could it be that 'it' only exists through the belief that we believe it exists? Or perhaps ... well, it's always fun to believe in a god (or two) so you can always blame a non-partial person who doesn't strike back. :)

1 person likes this.
  16. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i do belive that god exists but then again, i don't. that's all i can say.

17. Vicious

What if there wasnt a start? Maybe something was always there... its been making me think for the past week and I still cant find a reasonable *start*.

1 person likes this.
  18. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I hate reading about htis stuff because I end up in my room at night(yes I really do go up to my room) and spend houres laying in bed thinking about all of this.
    Saying there wasnt a start is like saying you were never born, the is a begining to everything...the is a begining to every end but what if it is everlasting universe then wouldnt that mean there was no beging.......
    It is very hard to determine if there is a god....Is there any proof of it...I am from Missouri the "Show me state" so sorry but I gotta see it to belive it.
    If there was a god and he/she/it made this great planted then why have there not been any real hardcore proof?
    People are like well look at the bible and what the people wrote hat was true stuff....Yeah and Harry Potter and Hogwarts are also real..?If anyhting that great ever happened then why has it been over 2,000 years since anything remotly that great happened?

19. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

I do believe that God exists, cause how did the univerese become?, some of you have probaly said, it was created from atoms and small molicules, but how did those get here?

20. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i don't know.... it was just..... there. just like why am i in front of this computer? i don't know. i just am. that's a very junk explamation... i don't know! :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.