Debate Do you think that God exists?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fushigi, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Doubt you could make it sound serious now... this has slowly showed itself to be merely an opinionfest but with stubborn people, exactly the reason why im not posting my opinion... for thats all it is ^.^

2. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Does God exist?

Of course we all know that noone can answer this question in a true sense from which everyone can be in concurrence, but I think that we can all answer it even if it is only the truth we ascertain. I believe that answer is hidden within us all. It is there waiting and watching for the moment when it shall stir and become another constant of your spirit, requiring only the temerity and persistence to reach that resolve. I believe it is there and I believe it should be pursued; even if that pursuit takes you into a seemingly illogical and incoherent result. I believe it is a worthy pursuit and it cannot hurt anyone but yourself to pursue this result whatever and wherever that
    leads.

Do I think God exists?

I believe they may exist. I think they exist to ensure everyones fulfilment of their destiny, I think they exist for that achievement.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I can't believe with a speech that big you forgot to actually state what you believe. Not even a simple "I don't know". :p

4. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Its stated within the context if you actually looked...

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You say it can be answered, just not logically.

Besides, impossibility and possibility are mutually exclusive properties. Saying something is both is like saying its a spherical cube.

6. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Maybe I was using that to emphasize it as a paradox. In a way it is impossible but also possible to answer it; it is possible because it can be answered from within, but it is also impossible because that answer is only what you believe or ascertain as truth. The point is find out for yourself and follow that line of thought wherever it takes you.

7. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

maybe.. but I think you're just trying to sound smart and you ended up confusing yourself..

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

But what people believe is the truth can be wrong sometimes. Yes, the question can be answered. Answered correctly is an entirely different matter.

9. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

As if we don't all strive to be more intelligent. Confused and paralogical as I am I'm pretty sure I would know what I am saying before I go writing it.

Then if you think it can be answered in a correct sense, go find it.

10. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I am going to say YES--there is a GOD out there that has set forth this master plan called humanity.
    Everything has to have a begining. We catholics are taught at a very young age of the existence of GOD and all the wonders HE has to offer.
    But many different cultures all have their own versions of their own gods. Who is anyone to say who is right and who is wrong.

I think we should take this on a case by case basis:

Is there a GOD?? The answer is yes.

The question that will forever create debates and discussions just like this one.

Victor

11. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Bleh, *looks at last 20 or so posts* this debate was going very nicely til there. Mass deletion of off-topic posts time. [edit]There. Much better.[/edit]

In any case, I do not believe in a God/Goddess. I have seen no reason to believe in such, and am quite secure in my identity and reality.

As for my minor contribution to the points in this debate... Someone pointed out that if there was no God, where would the universe have come from? In that case, where would God come from? It is just as unrealistic to say 'God always existed' as it is to say that 'The universe has always existed'. As Matt said, all things have a beginning. A supreme being doesn't just create himself. And a universe doesn't just begin from the void.

[edit]There's a lot of posts here that are teetering on the edge of being ad-hominem. Please watch it, guys. Remember, you're debating the value of the idea, not the value of the person who posted said idea.

- Ark

12. gitarooqueen

gitarooqueen New Member

how can you say that yes their is a god and expect people to say "okay he said their is a god so there must be one " it just isnt fair to the rest of the population the answer to "is there a God?" is simple...NO ONE KNOWS!!!!!! it is imposible to know but Im not saying that im right when i say that i believe in two supreme being s . that is my opinion okay it could be wrong or it could be right. I will say this no matter what religion it is it could be old new or what ever, it will alway and i mean ALWAYS contridict it's self. So really there is no right answer to the question.

13. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

lol

best post ever!

14. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

my original meaning was that I believe it takes you 30-40 minutes to write your posts because you have to search through your thesaurus for every second word. but yeah.. what you said

15. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Yea I tend to put more effort in what I write, I'm really sorry you disaprove. I mean if its such a vexation for you don't read it.

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

There's a difference between well worded writing and overkill. But moving on, the reason we respond anyway is because no matter how horribly worded, your opinion counts too.

17. cLovEr

cLovEr New Member

ofcourse I do believe in God.. and I think he really exists.. thats why we are here right now..

18. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

I believe in God. I mean, I'm not one of the crazy "BELIEVE IN JESUS OR DIE" types; but I am a Christain. I think God gets people through a lot of stuff. Maybe it could be the fact that people want to believe there is a higher power watching out for them...It's just your own opinion.

19. EintheCorgi

EintheCorgi New Member

ok ok...im not sure what i am...i beleive in a goddess....but i can only say one thing about this all "God made the Heavens and the Earth...Then the Devil put us in charge"

20. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

I appreciate the honest answer, I believe I see what you meant. I always seem to have a problem with temperance, but thats beside the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.