Saber Marionette Figure this SMJ-related phrase out.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Well, this quote could be from anyone :p . You're right I may never figure it out, but I'll guess, should be Bberry :rolleyes: , Program 23: Faust, Warped Sincerity.

Hm, Only two posters for a while. I'll think in a good (hard) phrase.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Ooh... So close!

Not Program 23! Though your guess on the speaker is closer than you'd think, it's wrong.

Bloodberry didn't say this line in Program 23.

Shall I tell you?

EDIT- And my last one wasn't solved. So, here's the solution to it.

?????-nandakonokimochi
    ?????-What is this feeling?
    Otaru-What is this feeling?

Said in Phase 08 of J to X, after Cherry calms Kotaru-chan. You know what point I'm talking about.

And here's an update on the newest one:

?????-oneesannoiukoto, kikinasai
    ?????(Subtitles)-Just do what I say.
    ?????(Translation)-Listen to what your sister tells you.

Speaker?
    Episode?

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Ima, I'm not watching SMJ2X so, I'll not guess it for a while. But I have a new one 'guys' (What do you mean jedimdo?):
    このいとはしんりゅうとジェヂンドただのである
    It's fairly easy. Although it's not a quote, I'm not giving you the kanjis because that makes it easier.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Alright, well, I've got no chance, but I'll romanize what I can.

こ の い と は し ん り ゅ う と ジ ェ ヂ ン ド た だ の で あ る
    -noito-shin-----to-e-----no-aru

It's not much, but it's the best I can do right now.

---------

And, I'm going to give mine away because I've got a more fun one, and nobody will ever get it.

?????-oneesannoiukoto, kikinasai
    ?????(Subtitles)-Just do what I say.
    ?????(Translation)-Listen to what your sister tells you.

Speaker: Bloodberry R, Saber Marionette R, Episode 2.

Ha! I tricked you all! Several times!

---------

Third, this one isn't a phrase, but tell me at least three things wrong with this picture.

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/godfather/919/pg-wp001.jpg

You can present them either by circling them on the pic, or explaining them in words. Or, some other way that gets your point across.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

What? You even don't know ha(wa)? Well, it's just matter of time to read it. After you get it you'll have very important clues.

Hmph :mad: . You should posted an aclaration.

I don't know what these computers have against fortunecity, it's blocked! Could you add an attachment? Anyway I think I have this picture in my computer, going to check.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, in time, I will learn more. I've been concentrating on spoken language, not so much written. Plus, the site I was using to learn it moved, and the lessons haven't been up in some time.

You mean a hint? I don't think it would have helped. At this point, I think only BakaMattSu and I have seen SMR.

Here you are. I shrunk it down a bit, too. 1024x768 is way too big.

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

This is a good site. Although I'm learning in it's spanish version (which is much better)
    Japanese Online

Hehe, guess what, I saw the wrong picture at home and found three errors on it! So we have another find-the-errors-picture. I'll check yours now.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Umm, that one seems to depend on how picky you are. I've found two, but they are errors I would normally let slide.

1. The bells on Lime's shoes are too small
    2. Her gloves are the wrong color/design (I think)

[EDIT] And there's that green streamer-thing, is that the third one? Or maybe it's that Bloodberry's clothes have the wrong design. I'm not totally certain here.

9. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Well, there are two big errors. I think one should be on purpose. And the third one can be many, and you got one: Lime's bell (Although it's silly)
    1. What is she cleaning?
    2. A new haircut?
    3. Find why I don't like this picture.

And here are four errors from your picture:

10. Reisti Skalchaste

You know what, I found the fourth one too, but I forgot about it. You're right on all counts.

Red ellipses are errors I'm certain of. The black one is the one I'm not sure about. It's too hard to see to be sure.

As for why you don't like it, I haven't got a clue.

And, here's a new quote, even though yours hasn't been solved yet.

?????:itsumosobaniiru

Just need the speaker and episode. And, it's not an R quote.

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Which one is black? I guess it's the second from the left, it's her other shoe.
    It's from my picture, 'one thing is different to the others'
    Separated words: itsumo soba ni iru
    Extraliteral translation: always side (indicator) be
    Literal translation: I'll be always at your side
    Subtitles: ????? (Probably the same)
    Speaker: I'm not sure, I'm going to check.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, the black ellipse was around Cherry's hand.

I'm going to give up on yours though. For some reason, I can't read the answer to why you don't like it out of your mind, and I can't figure it out, so...

Finally, you're very close so far.

The subtitles say: You'll always be there.
    (I'm still not sure what makes the difference between 'I' form and 'You' form in Japanese.

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

There isn't a ellipse around Cherry's hand, it's around Lime's hand. It's her gloves. The picture is SMJA based and her gloves are from the comics/novels. They just don't fit. I think only two possible explanations: The artist never saw enough and correctly the SMJ series or, those were intentional 'errors', a mixture of many things.
    1. Lime's shoes
    2. Cherry's dress
    3. Lime's gloves
    4. Cherry's hair
    That's because I'm not like most humans! :) . Sometimes I release some of my thoughts so you could read one of them. Oh, I'm hearing something: 'I hope jedimdo doesn't want to fly to Canada so he couldn't get the truth about Cherry and myself'. You're right, distance makes it difficult to understand, right now US is very noisy.

I don't like it because Cherry is the only girl who is not looking at the 'camera'. One error is still unanswered:
    1. Lime's gloves (Read previous)
    2. ?????
    3. Cherry
    Usually, they are very clear about who they're talking about but, they speak in context very often too. I guess the previous lines could confirm this. Anyway, the subtitles are very far away from the real translation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my phrase romanized (with an addition: ima; and a correction: tadano > notada)
    ima,konoitohashinryutojedindonotadadearu

And a quote (I'm breaking the first rule Shinryu, I hope that it doesn't bother you):
    "Ahora que te conocemos vemos que vamos por buen camino"
    The same: translation, speaker, episode

14. Reisti Skalchaste

I'm not certain about this. For your picture, I did put a black ellipse around Cherry's hand. But for some reason, the picture's disappeared.

Anyway, since it's gone now, I'll list off what I found that is wrong.

1st, as was said, Lime's glove is wrong.
    2nd, Otaru's hair isn't tied like it usually is.
    3rd, this is the one I guessed at. Is there something wrong with Cherry's hand?

You got all of the errors in mine, though.

So... you can't figure it out? Here's a hint. It's not from SMR, SMJ Again, or SMJ to X. But... I'm not completely certain of the integrity of the quote. I'll check it tonight, and fix it ASAP.

For your phrase, I'm actually quite lost. I can tell it has something to do with you and me, but that's about all I know. My knowledge of Japanese is limited, indeed.

As for your quote, I'm not certain as to what it means. I know it's pretty pathetic that I can't manage either. I'll check my notes tonight, and get back to you on the quote, but you may as well tell me the Japanese phrase, I'm not going to be able to get it. :(

Yeah, the distance is really garbling it. I actually thought: "I wish jedimdo would be able to come to Anime North next year, so that he could meet the real Cherry and put all his arguments to rest."

Wow, I can't imagine how the hubbub of the election could change it that much.

15. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Oh, I understand now. I never saw that picture so I was wondering what were you talking about.
    Yes, the 1st and the 2nd are correct. I don't see anything wrong with Cherry's hand. It's not very detailed but I don't think it is a big deal.
    This one is easy, I think, but I don't have the japanese quote yet. You can translate each word and get the context. Anyway, I think only one person said it in all series so it isn't so difficult as other quotes.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

And you know what, I totally forgot about this, but the third one is that Lime's shoe-bells are too small.

Hmm... let's see...

Ahora que te conocemos vemos que vamos por buen camino
    Now that we know you, we see that -something- for good -something-

I know that caminar is "to walk," so camino, which is a noun form of that, besides being a planet in Star Wars II, Attack of the Clones.

Vamos, is a verb, conjugated in "we" form. I cannot remember what the root verb is, though.

Babelfish says: Now that we know you we see that we go by good way

Combining this information, I can surmise that the phrase probably was said in the closing chapters of J. Likely the second-last, or last episode. I'm not certain who said it, but it was likely Lime, Cherry, or Bloodberry, and they were likely talking to Otaru.

I'm closing in on it, but I'm still not ready to solve it, and I'm not ready to give up yet.

As for your Japanese statement, I will have to say that I know too little about the language to figure it out. Were it written in Japanese, I could feed it through a translator and work with what I had, but as it is, I'm lost. All I can tell is that it has something to do with myself and jedimdo.

Here is my best attempt at translating it.

ima,konoitohashinryutojedindonotadadearu
    -something-, this -something(likely "person")- is Shinryu and jedimdo's
    -something- -something-.

...Hah! I've solved enough to figure it out! I'm guessing it's
    "This person is the beloved of both Shinryu and jedimdo."

And the answer, of course, is Cherry! Haha! I solved it! :pride:

17. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

::laughs:: & ::falls:: from the chair

After a second look at the picture, I've found something wrong with Cherry's hands: her nails, they're too long I think.
    Camino can be translated as way, road, etc.
    Vamos (we go): root verb(irr.): ir
    Babelfish is close enough although it's not translating correctly tenses. Anyway you're so far away about the rest.
    No one of those characters was the speaker, although somebody told it to one of them. And, with your style, it's not from SMJ, SMJA or SMR :rolleyes: .
    :p No, it isn't even close!
    I won't give any hints for this one. I thought you'd know at least ima but I was wrong so you still have work to do ;) . I've already gave some hints if you read carefully. Anyway, 'googling' is allowed, you may find many answers through this.

I don't think Babelfish will help, I've tryed to translate it from Japanese to English but it didn't recognize a kanji (a vital kanji)

Good luck!

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Oh. :(

I thought I had it. :sad:

Well, that was my first guess. Give me some time, and I'll work on it some more. I took what I knew, and tried to fill in the blanks. It was like that time I was working on a crossword puzzle and I mistook "canary" for "yellow-bellied sapsucker." ;) (Actually, it was Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes)

And, I'm lost with the Spanish phrase. If it truly is from J to X, then I can't even figure it out through watching it intently, since it only has a Japanese and English dub on my version (ultimate collection).

So, I'll give up with it, and keep trying with the Japanese phrase.

Anyway, I think yiou still haven't solved my last one.

You know, itsumosobaniiru. I still haven't checked if it's right or not, but I can do that tonight. I've rewatched up to Program 21, and I plan on finishing J right away. So I'll know for sure tomorrow.

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

So you give up? I don't think that the the english dub would be too different. Anyway, here's the answer:
    Phase 15: Capital of Eternity - Xi'an
    Speaker: Monk (to Lime)
    Translation: (something like)Now that we know you we see that we're going by good way
    English subtitles: Unknow
    As for your quote, I'll wait for you checking it.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

I think there's some syntax errors in that. Anyway, I don't remember any monks saying that to Lime in the subs. Since I don't watch English dubs, I have no idea as to what they'd say.

I'll get to it eventually and let you know for sure.

To tide you over, Here's a simple phrase.

ファウストは涼しい悪人です。ヘスは私が大部分を嫌う悪人です。顔はファウストとほとんど同じくらい涼しい。(Sorry if the phrase is incorrect.)

As a side note, before I gave up trying to kana-ize the names, I found a site that called Lorelei: "Lorelime" Find it here.

[EDIT] And no Babelfish, Nifty, Systran, or any other translation site. That's cheating. ;)

Second Edit: I was wrong about the phrase. It was: itsumokimigasobaniiru.