Saber Marionette Figure this SMJ-related phrase out.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

That's said after Lime gets the seeds from the monks. Then one of them starts to explain her about their believings. (nature, beauty, etc...)
    Hmm, it seems to be related to both SMJ and SMR. Anyway, now it's easier to me, thanks for the kanjis! :)
    It's interesting. I don't think that the portuguese dub (if it exists) would 'translate' Lorelei in that way. I'll check it!
    Lemme guess, it's another Babelfish phrase, isn't it? But, don't worry, I won't cheat. BTW, how do I use Nifty? Every time I access it, I'm lost with a lot of japanese!

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

What seeds? ...Oh!!! You meant the 'Round Moss' (as the sub said). I think the Japanese dub called it something like 'Marimougouken' or something. I see what you mean now.

WARNING! I changed the quote! The original wasn't quite accurate. And yes, I translated it through babelfish, and nifty. I also Kana-ized the names!

As for how to use nifty, the top part is for URLs, the bottom is for plain text. Just choose whether to change from Nihongo (Japanese, three-character) to Eigo (English, two-character) or Eigo to Nihongo. Hit the button (which says 'translate' and watch the results!

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Just to be sure.
    Quote: itsumokimigasobaniiru.
    Phrase: ファウストは涼しい悪人です。ヘスは私が大部分を嫌う悪人です。顔はファウストとほとんど同じくらい涼しい

I understand some changes in the phrase now but, are you sure that Face is written with kanjis? I think it should sound similar to Fausuto. Maybe the translator did it too much literally.
    顔(Face)
    Readings: ガン, かお (GAN, kao)

In Spanish they're called: 'Semillas de alga redonda' 'alga redonda seeds'

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't know how to Kana-ize 'Face,' though.

Maybe... フス? or ファス?

If you know, then please tell me.

It's pronounced 'Fay-su.'

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Great! Thanks. So, the phrase becomes:

ファウストは涼しい悪人です。ヘスは私が大部分を嫌う悪人です。フェイスはファウストとほとんど同じくらい涼しい

The quote is definately correct, as itsumokimigasobaniiru. All the prior hints remain. All one of them. :p

-It is not a quote from Matamata Seibaa Marionetto jay, Seibaa Marionetto jay tiu ekusu, or Seibaa Marionetto aru. (Hehe, this time, spelled phonetically)

And as for my new avatar, it's another self-made one. I steal... correction, find a pic online that I like, and alter it until it becomes a suitable avatar, whether that means I reduce it's size, remove a large portion of it, or whatever. I never enlarge a pic, though, it gets too pixely.

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Romanized:
    FAUSUTO ha suzushii akunin desu. HESU ha watashi ga daibubun wo kirau akunin desu. FEISU ha FAUSUTO tohotondo onajikurai suzushii.
    Translation (incomplete):
    Faust is a cool bad person. Hess is the bad person I greatly dislike. Face is Faust's something equally cool.

I think this 'cool' should be written with katakana, because the kanji express the real 'cool':
    ファウストはクール悪人です。ヘスは私が大部分を嫌う悪人です。フェイスはファウストとほとんど同じくらいクール

About your quote, I'm still not sure who said it. And with the correction, the subtitles have sense now.

My phrase is not from Chica Marioneta J, Chica Marioneta J Again, Chica Marioneta J a X or Marioneta Sable R :p . Although it's not from any line, or reference any character, this phrase is still SMJ related:
    imakonoitohashinryutojedimdonotadadearu.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

...Maybe I should have used 'awesome' instead? :D Ahh well, that's what I get for trusting Babelfish. It's becoming a "Hey jedimdo, how do I say this?" phrase rather than a "Hey jedimdo, try and solve this." phrase. :rolleyes:

Anyway. So, in Spanish, it's called "Chica Marioneta?" That's rather odd. I know that would translate to "(Young)Girl Marionette." :confused: I can see where they'd be coming from, but what's wrong with "Saber Marionette?"

So, you've got my quote, shall I give you a hint?
    You've got my phrase, and you're fixing int.
    ( :D I typoed and it rhymed. LOL)

How about this. Which language do you watch SMJ in?

Japanese all the way for me. See this post for further details. This was before I admitted my love for Cherry to the boards, and my first post. Go figure.

9. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Well, surely I would have done the same mistakes. But, I have to confess you something, I have three legal tricks. Do you wanna know them?

As for your phrase, I haven't solved it yet, the last part is incomplete. Are you sure it's 'tohotondo'? I know what hotondo means but I'm lost with the other.
    I was doubting how to translate it. Before and after commercials, a voice says 'volvemos con chica marioneta jota'. That's from the original dub. But the channel (locomotion) says 'Saber Marionette J', while the series says (written) 'Seibaa Marionetto J'. I prefer to call it either in English or Japanese. A good translation would be 'Marioneta Sable J'
    I watch it mostly in Spanish. I've seen it a little in English too but I haven't seen the original japanese :(

Please

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Sure, anything that would help me out.

And I'm not sure. Remember, I used Babelfish and Nifty together to come up with this phrase. I can tell you what it is if you'd like.

Aww, that's too bad. The Japanese dub is really superior to any other, whether it be English, Spanish, or that weird clicking african language. :D If, some day, you get to see the Japanese dub, tell me. You'll be amazed.

Finally, a hint to my quote.

It was said in the same episode in which you could hear played "Kibou no Teema."

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Digital search>
    1. Use Google, it's a powerful tool. You can search in romaji with these keywords: 'english' and/or 'dictionary'
    2. This one is really great. If you have a text-selectable kanji, you can find the readings and meanings here
    3. Look for files like this one.
    In each one just use the spell 'Control + F' to find the kanjis or readings
    Yatta!
    Ok, this is my definitive translation. I'm leaving just hotondo which means 'almost':
    Faust is a cool bad person. Hess is the bad person I greatly dislike. Face is almost cool as Faust.
    So, which was your original phrase?
    Of course not :rolleyes:. Is the last one the complete phrase? jikai means 'next time', and it's obvious who's the speaker
    Raimu: itsumokimigasobaniiru
    I still don't remember this one.
    [edit]kibou? I'm hearing the midi right now[/edit]

What about a Spanish SMJ related phrase?

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, I made an error. The 'complete' phrase doesn't exist. I thought it did, but I was wrong. That's why I removed it. It was Lime, though. And that whole bit kind of gave it away, so: It was said at the very beginning of Program 25, it's the name of the episode.

I typed in: Faust is a cool villain. Hess is the villain I hate. Face is almost as cool as Faust.

So you were right. (almost)

Here's an easy one, er, two:

Watashiwageruharutovonfausuto! and, watashiwahontonofausuto! (I'm pretty sure they're right)

Need:
    -Speaker's full name and title
    -Episode it was said in
    -What happened immediately after

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Aw, I was going to anwer it but I had to reboot my computer because I've just installed Mozilla Firefox 1.0!!! Although I thought in Program 25 where Lime is thinking in Otaru.

I'll try to solve it later, so I'll just try to separate them:
    watashi wa ¿geruharuto? VON FAUSUTO!
    Hm, it seems to be: I'm the great Von Faust! but I'm not sure

watashi wa ¿hontono? FAUSUTO!

Maybe in less than a week I'll bring a surprise here :)

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Hint: What is Faust's full name? watashi wa geruharuto von fausuto!

Other hint: watashi wa honto no fausuto! (You don't know what 'honto' means?)

And I haven't seen a solid guess at the speaker. Or episode.

I've got a really tough one in the works. For the next one, you WILL have to have seen the Japanese dub, and know it very well. (Heck, I need to research this one quite a bit first!)

15. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

The cirscunstances are still missing. :confused:

Mmm, my quote hasn't been solved yet. Shall I give you a hint?
    imakonoitohashinryutojedimdonotadadearu.

I have to? I'll need to look for it here.

watashi wa honto no fausuto!
    I'm the real Faust! (I'm not sure, because I found hontou in the dictionary)
    watashi wa geruharuto von fausuto!
    I'm Gerhard von Faust!
    Phase 13: Black ambition, revival of giant with argent wing!!
    Speaker: Gerhard von Faust
    What happened: Eh, did they escape?

Damn it! I'm having problems with the connection
    Portuguese is not african

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Alright, Here's the solution. Phase 08, after Cherry calms Kotaru-chan, who was crying.

Please. I'm lost as it is.

Finally, you got my quote entirely right, except Faust didn't say it. Copy Faust said it. :p

17. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Hontou no Fausuto!!!

All right! But, what would I say? It's very simple so I'm just going separate words:

ima kono ito ha(wa) shinryu to jedimdo no tada de aru

I hope this is enough.

But, isn't Faust another Copy Faust? I think that both are Real Faust.

18. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Roomaji is evil and hates us all. Honto is supposed to be hontou. Even so, my Japanese textbook would write it as hontoo. x_x;;

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Maybe because I don't read too much romaji I haven't had this problem very often. I have seen these systems:
    Hontou (The one and the only correct, because it's the way japanese is written)
    Hontoo (A simplified one)
    Honto: (I dislike this one)
    Hontô (The same as before)

Now, with Stardust Phox help, I can give the greatest, the best, the Ultimate Hint. Don't read it if you want to figure it out by yourself.
    The phrase is a lie now. Thanks Stardust Phox
    Obviously, some words should be here in this thread.
    ULTIMATE!:
    I already said one of the words

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Welcome back, Gata-san! I hope to confound you as much as I have in the past! :D

True, but you didn't specify which Faust, so I took your answer to be "the leather-jacket wearing Faust," and not "Body Double Faust," which was, of course, wrong. The Faust who kidnapped Lorelei was the one to say it, right before a plasma-charged fist smashed into the cockpit of his fortress, killing him.

Arrgh! I'm still lost! :confused: All I can tell is that it has to do with you (jedimdo) and me.

ima, kono ito ha shinryu to jedimdo no tada de aru
    ---, ---- --- is Shinryu and jedimdo's ---- -- ---.

Dashes show words I do not know. So you can see how difficult this is for me. If 'kono ito' isn't "this person," then I don't know what it is. Gata-san, perhaps you could shed some light on the subject?

And, I refuse to look at this 'Ultimate Hint' If it's as revealing as you say it is, I'd rather be confused then have it given to me.