Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nephilim_X, May 21, 2003.

1. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Odds that they even have a definate castfor this is so low it is unposible they don't even a a director so.

2. Okami

Okami New Member

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Agh, you bet me to it (I had essentially the same dealy on http://www.cgnetworks.com/story.php?story_id=1901 ). Anyway, I really hate the character designs, especially Misato in general. That isn't the sleek and sexy Misato we know and love, it's just some butch woman in body armor.

And Asuka... ugh. "Kate Rose" as she is now known looks like a 40 year old.

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

WTF! Are they actually changing the names of the characters. What is with this "Kate Rose" ****! I want my Asuka, not to mention that like Neph said, she looks like a forty year old and Misato looks like she came from weight watcher! And Rei's hair is black!

5. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

lol. this is pathetic. i think there's gonna be eva fan riots at the premier. (as if it would get one...)

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well Rei (or Ray, as she seems to be now) having black hair I can understand. First of all, blue hair almost NEVER works in real life the way it does in anime. Second, darker blues can be interpreted as black sometimes (happened with Minmei).

7. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

yeah but you can't justify what they did to her ***. 0_o. ^^

8. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

I bet they have to change the names so the actors can actually read them...
    ~_~; well...maybe just for Hillary Duff and that Harry Potter Kid..
    They better not butcher the story for a wider audience, cuz the name "Angels" itself will cause insult to some religious people...

.....grrr...."Ray"... ahh! I just hate it...why dont they just turn Shinji into "Steven" too.. *twitch*

9. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

Wahhhh! Make the madness stop! I don't wanna see Eva turned into power rangers! :'(

10. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

AHHH!HH!!! o_O.o_O>O!! *syntax error*

th-they CANT DO THAT!! ADV won't let them....will they?!?! :sweat:
    If they do, it will be a large mistake, and like poom-poom said, there will be massive riots of anime fans. (poom-poom said something like that anyway..)

T-T I will go to a corner and cry now... T-T

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

That just disgusts me.

They should have left the names as is. *Sigh* Maybe the actual actors won't look as bad as the designs. But good God! Why did they have to change the names? I mean, now we're going to have a bunch of...argh, I don't know what to call them...thinking that that's what NGE is about! I mean, Rei's hair cannot be mistaken for black, it's sort of a really light blue, not to mention the fact that with her character's background, she could have whatever colour hair that they want her to have!

Anyhow...I must be in shock, sorry for the ramble.

12. ZakoSoldier

This is dumb. They have other things to work on than "Americanizing" it.They have to make a definate size for the Evangelions get a good cast. No not a good cast a good cast that are also fans. In fact thye should have Greataku such as Mark Simmons work on the movie (casting, editing, ect.) I would like Ikuto Yamshita working on the mechs.

13. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Okay I just did a little research into Okami's site listing and I found out that Kate Rose is just the name of the costume designer, the same thing gos for Misato's new "name" its just the costume designer. On the other hand, "Ray" is what they are probably going to call her now. :anger: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dear god I hope they don't americanize this, and they better have young actors, I don't want anyone over 19. *goes into the corner and cries*

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, thank goodness for small favours, but I still don't like the designs very much.

I sure hope the same thing- if they americanize it, or tame it, a lot of the story isn't going to make it in there. Of course, a lot of the series already won't make it in there, but a lot of the deeper parts might be lost.

15. ZakoSoldier

Changing of spelling of names is not as bad as total name changing. I keep telling myself that ADV is making this a Matt Greenfield is the Producer (I think) This would be good saying that he is the vice-president of ADV. At the current point any changes I will and have blamed Weta.

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

http://www.cgnetworks.com/story.php?story_id=1901

ok so here's some more images. sorry if its already been shown. anyways Asuka is Kate Rose??!! she is German damn it! ... .. yikes.. anyways past all that. Weta's concept drawings are superb. It looks to be a good movie..

17. Rogziel

Rogziel New Member

Just NO

by no i mean AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY GOD WHY

if this actually happens i pray to god that if this does happen that at Halloween i do not see a kid dressed up like an eva. "Look im Unit 1, weeee"

And if that harry potter kids gets that role i will help anyone to "exterminate" him so it will never happen.

and just a lil side note about the picture of "Ray" doesnt it like that she has some junk in the trunk.

18. psyeudkev

psyeudkev New Member

On one hand, I feel pity for the Evangelion storyline and characters that will be bound to be butchered (especially the Eva's, looks close like Aliens to me...).

On the other hand, I think we shouldn't expect it to be similar to the NGE we know and love...

The storyline/concept of NGE itself is something that is bound to touched on and mighty probable to be 'butchered'.

It's simple, if it ain't good enough, just don't watch/buy it...

19. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

I bet you those origenal bunch of Eva fans are wishing they never sent those death threats now :dizzy2:

20. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Did anyone notice they spellied Rei's name wrong. :anger2: . They should at least try and do things right if their going to do them at all. And it look's like she's got black hair. :anger2: . This whole thing is starting to look really bad.