Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nephilim_X, May 21, 2003.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Poor Daniel Radcliffe.. he's had a girl's name all this time and didn't even know it..

I would take issue with killing and blood being the stuff that made Eva great.. If it was, Berserk would be just as good or better than Eva lol. And if you're going to tell me that it is.. well I just won't say anything.

2. surreallemming

surreallemming New Member

you guys all suck monkey *excessivly deleted word* It is going to kick mother *excessivly deleted word* *excessivly deleted word*. I mean can you even grasp the amazing violence and in humanity of it all.

The only thing that could make it better would be if tarintino was directing it. But hes not *sigh" *excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word**excessivly deleted word*.

3. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

The pain... the pain of it all...

4. Misakichi

Misakichi New Member

AHH THE HORROR!!!! First they ruin the series for me by dubbing it now they wanna ruin it more by making it live action?! This is one reason that american anime companies are evil, money hungry a-holes.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Oh no, heaven forbid they help people who can't keep up with subtitles or can't read! The horror! Watch out, they provide an alternative that nobody is forcing on you!

Oh grow up, it's not like they couldn't do it if they didn't have the rights to it. Being against the live action is one thing, being a reactionary "OMG OMG ALL AMARICAN COMPANIES ARE TEH EVAL MONEH GRUBBING BASTERDS!" shmuck is another. There are plenty of Japanese companies that are money hungry; do you really think Sanrio puts Hello Kitty on everything from handbags to vibrators because they love you?

6. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

*SNICKER* Ah, so true. On the other hand, at least most liscenced Japanese spin-off products are fairly high-quality, which I can't say of many American knock-offs.

I'm definitely not looking forward to this movie, though. Everyone else has already made pretty much every relevant point... but it's going to be just one more thing that brings the "omg Evangillion is so cool, did u see Shenji he is sooooo hot!!!1! and has a big robot thingy!!!" type of 'fans' into our midst, and degrade a perfectly good anime in the eyes of some. -_-;

Oh well. I can always just refuse to go see on general principle. *shrug*

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Imported stuff maybe, if only because nobody is going to bother trying to sell the cheap crap overseas. There's high quality stuff here too, the Collectors VF-1J comes to mind.

And these fans don't exist already? ;)

8. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

You'll notice, however, that I was generalizing. ;) There are always exceptions.

Heh. Point taken, but if the LotR movies proved anything, it was that putting something good into movie form and adding a few popular or attractive actors inevitably attracts morons in droves. These fans exist, but there aren't as many in the Evangelion fandom now as there will be once the movie's out. (Key example: Inuyasha. A few years ago, the idiot fan count was FAR lower than it is now that the series is mainstreamed.)

9. Misakichi

Misakichi New Member

Thats my personal opp. no need to be so rude about it.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

And I happen to find your opinion reactionary and fanatical.

11. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Doesn't BloodBerry have one of those vibrators :anime: