Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nephilim_X, May 21, 2003.

1. Charlie

Charlie Guest

The effects are by WETA Digital, so they're bound to be good...but it's obviously most important when anything gets adapted not to upset the fans. It's a real pain to have your fave comic/anime or whatever ruined, but I suppose they have to make it a bit more 'accessible' because they're aiming at a mass audience.

2. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

If anyone else has watched the Eva Directors cut vol 7 (or 1) there is an extra on the Liva Action movie the people who are doing this are barely fans they are just those who are super-sophifisted an want to see Japanese Animtation and explore the culture

3. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I'm not quiet saying I'd be looking for it, but I'm usually willing to give it a chance. I do that for pretty much any movie but chick flicks (gew...). I doubt it would make it up to the standars of being one of m favorites, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I didn't nesisarily love NGE to begin with. Atleast it didn't surpas my other favorites. (I think Shinji just ruined it even though it was practicaly based around him).
    Other than that, I dont see any problem in it. It might just be a bit OK.

4. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

The things i most dread are the new fans who we will haft to argue with over the facts. The new action figures that will look like the actors and not like the way they should

What does ADV care they will gat the movie money, then they will have more money sold for the new people who will buy the show. They will have new toy money. They will get a good amount of money from this.

5. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

*Does impression of ADV spokesperson & starts singing Monty pythons "Money song"*

There is nothing quite as wonderful as money,
    there is nothing quite as beautiful as cash,
    Some people say it's folly,
    but i'd rather have the lolly,
    With money you can make a splash

*Gets hit with a tomato*

0.-'

1 person likes this.
  6. nick_o_matick

nick_o_matick New Member

wtf kiddies! someone goes out and tries to create something new for our beloved (though some-what dead) series, and all you can do is bicth it out?!? i mean, coome on, wait and see .......although i do want to know if the're doing EoE how they'll manage the rei-riding-shiji-in-lcd thing with 14 yearolds :bleed:

7. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Hmmm... something to throw in about the whole Black haired rei dilema judging by these prelimery sketch type things that float about the vast web;

Attached Files:

8. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I think they should have the movie for an older audience if all they are going to do is bucher it up. And if Hilary Duff or that english kid gets the part, it would be so messed up. Rei should also stay blue haired and they shoul keep the original names. If they change all that around could you really call it Evangelion anymore :anger2: I have a feeling that it will be like power rangers.

Well i'm out :catgirl:

9. Charlie

Charlie Guest

POWER RANGERS!!!! Oh, God, don't even GO there!

10. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

OK, I have just talked with my friend who got the aforementioned magazine, and I have found out that it IS in fact, a "dream cast." I apologize for all that I upset by posting that. Well...at least I know people listen to me.

11. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I to don't like the way the movie is going, and does anyone remember the way they f### up Godziila, how they made him attack New York. I just hope they keep it to the anime serise and I'am looking forward to the battle seens and CG Angles.But I hope to GOD that they dont cast those sopose "actors" for the roles. And I do think they should keep the hair and the name ffor her.

12. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

The fact that their making a movie is pretty cool but coome on they dont have to change a thing and it would be quit intersting to see a mob at the the movie(I would grap my pitch forlk and torch and join in) but thats just me. And Flamon if your reading this Iam Maria's son Jorge< i'am the one who told my mom about the movie and suff, hope we can talk, and please tell me your name when you join the sit. I'am always in the FLCL siction so try to find me.

13. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I can't accept the fact that the names are getting changed but the fact that WETA studios are behind it all (makers of LOTR) it is slightly more promising. I will be keen to watch it (early reports suggest release in 2006) but I won't be hyped up to something which seemingly has failure inscribed on it more times than success has.

^Shen^

14. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

Shen is right its not far to change Rei's name to "Ray" its fine the way it is and I hope to GOD that she doesn't look like that in the movie :anger2:

15. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Historically, converting something from animation to live action does not exactly pan out very well, and collectively we'd rather see Eva stay dead and maintain a high quality throughout the brand than see it get crap pumped into it.

17. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

What I'am worry about is that they may change the battle sences in the movie. If they do make it into a all ages movie it well suck like hell. They would cut out all that killing, blood,and all that gerat stuff that makes it the show so awsome.

18. Night Hawk

Night Hawk New Member

Please

Come on. Could they ruin a better anime? It seems that those money loving bastards can't think of anything better. And on the thing in that anime insider mag, Danielle Radcliff as Shinji? and how can you even compare the Durleys to Shinji's horrific life! :anger2:

19. Dante

Dante New Member

I'm just waiting for them to officially announce that Shinji will now be known as Bob, Asuka is now Sarah, and Rei is now Kate.

Otherwise, meh, I'll give it a chance. After all, I'm not much of a fan of the series right now so it couldn't hurt it any more for me. :p

20. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I know you heard it from the mag but do you really belive in that Danielle Radcliff will play as Shinji in the movie.Like someone said in early replys that I hope they get tha riight age actors and some what reseblels the anime charcters