RPG Archives RPG Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: In Game Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

OOC: Sorry all. I have been really busy. Building a new comp and all. Here we go.

IC: Everyone has recieved this letter.:

Page 1
    ~~~~Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry~~~~
    Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

Dear Future Student,

You have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please look at the enlcosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term will begin on September 1. We will await for your owl no latter than July 31. Remember the Hogwarts Express will leave Kingscross, London prompily at 11 o'clock on platform 9 and 3/4.

Yours Sincerly,
    Minerva McGonagall,
    Deputy Headmistress

Page 2

Uniform
    First year students must have all of the following:
    • 1. Three sets of black plain robes
    • 2. One plain black pointed hat
    • 3. One pair of dragon hide or similar protective gloves
    • 4. One black winter cloak with silver fastenings
    Please put name tags in clothes

Course Books
    All pupils must have all of the following
    • 1. The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
    • 2. A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
    • 3. Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
    • 4. A Beginners' Guide to Transfigurations by Emeric Switch
    • 5. One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
    • 6. Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
    • 7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
    • 8. The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment
    1 wand
    1 pewter strandard size 2 cauldron
    1 set of glass or crystal phials
    1 telescope
    1 set of brass scales
    1 set of standard potions

Students may being if they chose a cat OR owl OR a toad

Parents and Students are reminded no first years are allowed broomsticks.

Cameron started at the window a white snow owl rested outside of his living room large picture fram window. "Tap, tap, tap," went the owl against the glass. "Ah Mom get in here."

"What is it Cameron?" His mother a rather esquiste woman walked in. Her sandy hair held back in a bun. She lightly wipped her hands on her apron. "Well get some food for it."

"Huh? Feed an owl?"

"Hurry up Cameron." Cameron went running into the kitchen. He opened the fridge door. "Ah mom we are fresh out of mice."

"Don't be stupid Cameron. Go get some pellets from your Ginea pig." Cameron retrived what he needed and return to the window. "Now place some in your hand na dopen the window." Cameron followed his mothers instructions. It wasn't everyday anyone saw an owl. In fact if he thought about it no one really sees an owl in the night time let alone in the day time.

"Look mom it has a letter." Cameron took the letter. The owl had a few pellets lightly backing away spread its wings and took off. "And it is addressed to me." Cameron read the letter. "Mom, I am a wizard?"

OOC: Okay another letter will come for muggle children saying how to get to Diagon Alley. A special thanks to Sebastein for adding in the much needed information. The story will then go to Diagon Alley for a little shopping.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Kyle was sleeping. He was dreaming of riding a broomstick through the clouds. A loud knock at the door woke him.

"Come in", Kyle said sleepily getting up and rubbing his eyes. He hated it when people woke him up but looked over at his clock to see what time it was. 11:52 a.m. OK he had overslept a little but still.

"Kyle are you awake", his mom said coming through the door.

Stupid question he thought, "Yea mom im up, whats up." She had a grin on her face, one of those grins that scare you sometimes but you know that its a good thing. "Why are you smiling?", he asked curiously.

"Come down stairs and I'll show you", she said. Kyle got out of bed, tied his hair back and followed his mom downstairs. He could see his little brother, Damien, playing out in the back yard. His mom pointed to an envelope resting on the table and he picked it up. He looked at the front and his eyes widened.

"Does this mean what I think it means" he said shocked and amazed. "I'm going to go to Hogwarts"

"Yes, you are, now go get ready and we'll go to Diagon Alley", she said smiling.

"Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah", he said shouting. He didn't usually act this way, it was too early, but Kyle didn't care if it was 2:00 a.m. we was going to Hogwarts.

1 person likes this.
  3. VampireHunterX

VampireHunterX New Member

Damien was out in the backyard playing when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. His big brother, Kyle, was jumping up and down. He wondered what was going on so he went to check it out. As he walked through the door he asked, "What's going on here?"

Kyle turned around and said, "Look man, i was accepted, i was accepted to Hogwarts."

Damien took the letter and started reading it. When he was done he looked up and said, "Wow dude, congratulations." He handed the letter back to kyle and looked down at the floor.

His mom, sensing something was wrong, looked at Damien and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing" he answered back. But that wasn't true. He was upset, upset that he wasn't accepted . They were both the same age so why didn 't he get a letter. He was about to turn around when his mom spoke.

"Wait a minute", she said, Damien turned around, "What's this in my pocket. It looks like an envelope and it seems to be addressed to...you Damien."
    Damien grabbed the letter from his mom and tore it open. Inside was the same acceptance letter his brother had recieved.

"I got accepted, i got accepted into Hogwarts too. I better get ready"

"Yes" mom said, "You better because we have to go to Diagon Alley so you two go upstairs and get changed." Kyle ran up the starirs and up into his room. Damiem followed closely behind going inot his own room.

"Should I get a cat or an owl", he thought to himself. "oh well, i'll figure it out on the way."

1 person likes this.
  4. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Selenity was sitting in her room reading a book when her mother shrieked. Selenity ran into the kitchen to find an owl. She approached the owl to find a letter in it's claws addressed to her. She took it as the owl hooted at her affectionately. Selenity smiled and offered it some water. It gulped it down happily before flying out the open window.

Selenity opened the letter then handed it to her mother, confused. Her mother read it and said, "I was told this day might come."

Selenity's mother then began to explain that Selenity was adopted and the truth about Selenity's heritage. Within moments they were on the way to Diagon Alley.

1 person likes this.
  5. Basher

Cameron stared at his mom. "Can I go?"

"If that is what you really want. Sure," his mother replied. Before she could get the last syllbel out another owl flew into the room. One more letter addressed to Cameron.

Letter

Dear Future Student,

Now that you have decided to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry you will need to get your school suppiles. This letter will tell you how to do it. In London there is a pub called the Leaky Cauldron. Only witches and wizards will be able to see it. Of course any parents in attendence will also. Please speak with the bar keep and he or she will show you the way to Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley is where most students buy there suppiles. Money can be exchanged at Gringotts Bank. But do becareful of the Goblins though. If you have any other questions most of the shop keepers would be glad to help. Some books you may find rather interesting are Hogwarts: A history, and All you really need to know about the wizarding world: A muggle guide.

Yours Sincerly,
    Minerva McGonagall,
    Deputy Headmistress

Cameron finished the letter. "Mom can we go now?"

"We might as well. You won't stop until we do. Get your coat and let me see the letter."

Onyx knew when the owl arrived what it brought. She after of all was of pure blood. Of course it would have come. She was probably the first one to recieve her letter. She already picked up her things. But she decided she wanted more things anyway. "Father, we must go to Diagon Alley. I need to pick up a few things." And with that they left.

6. prince*duke*

prince*duke* New Member

Duke opened his eyes hearing something knocking on the window. He stalked over to it. It was another owl he hated owls.

He knew it was an invititaion to Hogwarts. He was scared to go to Hogwarts ever since "dad" told him about it. Every corridor filled with ghosts and the strict teacher especially the one called snape. Probably everyone would call him mudblood.

"Dad" came in the room. He handed me the invitation to Hogwarts the evelope. I think he already got it when the first owl came. Duke looked at the envelope.

"Now do you want to go?" Dad softly said,

I thought about it forever it seemed. than I answered "yes"

2 people like this.
  7. Athena

Selenity looked around Diagon Alley, her eyes wide with amazement. Her mother had taken her to the Gringotts bank where they had found out that her birth parents had left her plenty of money. Her mother dropped her off at a robe place while she went to start gathering supplies. She hesitantly walked into the robe place, unsure of what to do. She took a seat in a nearby chair hoping that another child would come in.

8. prince*duke*

prince*duke* New Member

Diagon alley seemed so busy.
    "Dad how did you know how to get here?" I asked(not knowing their was a letter instruction to get to diagon alley.
    "Well you see 'he' told me" My "dad" always used 'he' he dosn't tell me who 'he' is.
    "so we got everything except your uhh robe" dad said while looking at the paper.
    "I don't need a robe I already have this trench coat you gave me"
    " no you need to keep the uhh "dress code" I should say."
    "fine we could buy it, but I won't probably wear it."
    We got in front of the robes shop and stop.
    "Are you sure we don't need to get the wand first." I asked
    "I'm sure your staff is O.k" he said eyeing my wooden staff "anyway why don't you go sit down over their while i buy the robes.
    "sure"

9. Athena

Selenity looked up as a boy entered the shop with what appeared to be his father. She smiled kindly at him and whispered, "Hello. I'm Selenity. What's your name? Are you going to Hogwarts to? Is it your first year?"

She realized she had asked a few questions right after each other and blushed. She should have probably waited for an answer to the first one before asking the second and third one.

1 person likes this.
  10. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Kyle had walked into the robe place with his father. He passed another kid as he walked in who was with his father. His little brother had gone with his mom. All of a sudden this girl named Selenity started asking him a bunch of questions. "What's your name? Are you going to Hogwarts to? Is it your first year?" Kyle looked at her for a minute and smiled. "Hello, my name is Kyle Windstone. Yes, i am going to Hogwarts. I am a first year as well. Its nice to meet you Selenity." She looked at him and smiled. "And what of you, are going as well and are you a first year." It would seem Kyle had met a new friend even before school started. "Lets go look at some robes" he said to her holding out his hand.

11. Athena

Selenity smiled at Kyle and took his hand and followed him to the robes. She smiled and said, "Yes i'm going to be a first year at Hogwarts as well."

Selenity was happy it would seem that she had already made a friend before school had even started. She smiled at him and said, "I can't wait to go now that i have a friend."

12. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Kyle smiled. "Neither can I" he said to her. Kyle never had a hard time making friends. It was always easy for him. "So, do you come to diagon alley often" he asked her. If they were gonna be friends, he had to get to know her and conversation is the best way.

13. Athena

Selenity smiled at Kyle and said, honestly, "This is my first time at Diagon Alley. My mom just told me that my parents had been a witch and a wizard so i've got a lot to learn."

She looked at a couple of the robes, not sure which she needed, her mother had the list.

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Kyle looked at her funny. She said "had". Did that mean that her parents were dead? He didn't wanna ask. It was none of his business. They had just met and it wasn't a good time to ask a thing like that. He decided to shift his mind to other things. "Well its a great place to shop and just have fun. I try to come here as often as i can and just hang out", he said while admiring a nice blue robe. "Now that you'll be going to Hogwarts, you'll get to come here a whole lot more."

15. Athena

I promise this is the last post i'll post for tonight!

Selenity smiled at Kyle as she noted the hogwarts school robe section and began to grab the robes she would need. After a moment she said, "So where do kids our age hang out at?"

Selenity paid for her robes and as they were bagged she gave her attention to Kyle.

16. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Kyle bought the two or three robes he needed for school. He then looked back at the blue robe he spotted earlier, "I'll wear it for special occasions" he thought to himself, went and got it and bought it. They walked out of the store and his dad was gone. "Oh well", he thought to himself.

He then looked at Selenity, "Well, there's a ton of places." A lot of kids hang out around the broom store just looking at the brooms but thats not that fun. Some go over to *Klinkets Soda Shop or *Madame Moon's Candy Shop. As for places to eat, there's a ton. I personally recommend *Merlins Diner. They have great food and you can just sit and talk to your friends." Kyle glanced over at Selenity. She was admiring all the weird and different stores and shops. He found it quite amusing.

"Well since we're going to Hogwarts, i think we should go get our wands, don't you?" Kyle saw her eyes light up. "Wands, we need wands?" she asked. "We are we going to get those?". "Just follow me" he said. They walked towards an old looking shop. There was an old man inside. "You've got money right" he asked. She nodded her head, "Well then, lets got get out wands shall we" he said smiling at her and they walked into the store.

17. Athena

Selenity smiled as they entered the wand shop, Ollivanders, she remembered the sign saying. She looked around and could almost feel the history in this room. She realized that this was the place that first years like herself would come and get their wands. This was where it truly began for every witch and wizard.

Selenity couldn't help but smile wider as she turned to Kyle and said, "I'm so excited! The adventure begins with the wand, right?" She paused for a moment then shook her head and said, "No it began with the letter and the making of a new friend."

Then a man approached them and with a calculative look in his eyes handed them each a wand to give a try. Selenity blushed slightly as she felt slightly foolish waving the wand in the air. It was snatched out of her hand almost immediately. She looked over at Kyle to see if the same thing was happening to him.

18. Basher

Cameron and his mother followed the letter. They were finally in Diagon Alley. "What should we get first Cameron?" His mother asked him.

"It says to get money." Cameron searched around then his eyes landed on Gringotts Bank. "There it is." His mother and him went inside. They excanged the money and went shopping.

"What do you want to buy first?"

"A wand." His face lit up like a Christmas tree at Christmas time. "What shop though?"

"How about Ollivanders?" His mother eyed the nearest store. "There is no way they could have been making wands that long."

"Maybe we should get that book and see."

They walked into Ollivanders. Two kids were already getting their wands. Cameron watched amazed as each held their wands. They gave it a wave. "Apparentily not that one." The shop keeper snatched them away. "Oh boy step forward. Now what's all your names?"

"Ah, Cameron Vantz. Is this is my first time buying a wand."

"You lot all going to be first years at Hogwarts?"

"I am." Cameron glanced at the other two.

Onyx and her father arrived at Daigon Alley the normal witch and wizard way. "I can't believe I got so dirty. I wish they would clean this thing out every once and a while."

"Onyx, you know they won't. But maybe I should make a suggestion to those in charge of this network. What are you mising?"

"A broom."

"Onyx, you know the rules no broom."

"But father they just came out with the newest one."

"No means no. Let's get you some robes."

"Whatever father." They walked to the robe shopped and watched two kids leave together. She looked at them. 'Hmm, they don't seam to be mudbloods. But now a days you can't really tell,' she thought.

"I can't believe some paretns leave their kids alone with all that has been happening."

Onyx looked around most parents had a tight grip on their children. 'I can't believe they are afraid of that man, Voldermort.' "I don't I'll ever be allowed to go out alone because of Voldermort."

"Onyx. You know better then to say that name."

"Father don't you listen to what Harry Potter says? About fear of a name?"

"I'll have enough of that. Let's go. Robes."

"He's right you know even though he isn't pure blood."

19. Athena

Selenity smiled at Cameron as a hazel wand that was about fifteen inches was placed in her hand and she said, "It's going to be my first year as well... i'm so excited!"

As if the wand responded to her excitment a mist shot out of the wand and formed white puffy clouds that rained out white, pink, red, and yellow rose petals down on them for a few moments. Then all of it dissappeared just as quickly leaving Selenity wide eyed as she asked, "Did I do that?"

A nod from Kyle and the Shopkeeper told her she did and she paid for her wand.

20. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

The dark haired 11 year old scanned the street he stood on. This chore always grew to bore him. He sometimes hated visiting Diagon Alley, especially when he was coming to get something and leave. If he'd had tme to hang around and browse a bit, and given freedom, he might have liked it a bit more. But after accompanying his elder brother to Diagon Alley on Draks first year and after at Hogwarts, everything was boring and the same every year. But now Drak was a 6th year and Terry was a 1st year, which ment they both had come to Diagon Alley to pick up their supplies.

The black haired soon-to-be Slytherin brushed an absent hand over the money bag hanging at his hip, filled with Galleons from his uncle as a gift for his first year at Hogwarts. He knew he should be shopping and meeting up with his parents for brunch but he just wasn't in the mood to do so.

A dark hand suddenly dropped down and clasped on his sholder, squeezing until it started to hurt but even then Terry didn't utter a sound and only cast a bored gaze over his sholder to his elder brother, Drak. Both boys took after their fathers looks, pale skin until they spent time in the sun, and hair as a black as a ravens wing. They also had their fathers grey eyes, though Terrys were more pure grey with a hint of silver, where as, Draks were grey with a hint of dark green, their fathers being the same as Draks. Likewise, their mother and their younger sister were the total opposite of the males in their family with shining blonde curls, soft blue eyes and rosy skin.

Drak sighed when his brother didn't budge from his spot to move into Ollivanders to gather his wand and only pressed harder on his sholder. When Terry still didn't move, Drak forcefully gathered a handfull of robes and pulled the smaller boy behind him, heading inside the shop. He ofcourse didn't need a new wand, but his parents had placed him as keeper for their younger child, who while never causing trouble, had a tendancy to be nasty to others and force his brother to help out. Drak hated having to watch his brother, he'd wanted to see friends from school but now he couldn't. All would tease him about having to haul around an 11 year old.

He shoved Terry finally ahead of him through the door,"Find a wand, pay for it and meet me at the book shop. Don't make me wait long or come and get you."

He got the faintest of nods from his younger sibling and left him. Terry wasn't always so cold. He just detested strangers and mud-bloods as his cousin had more or less ingrained in him, along with his chill and snappish attitude if pushed around.

He eyed the pair, the mother and son who'd entered the shop soon before him and had entered a short time before another pair, both children, had left. He watched silently as the boy Cameron was testing wands and stepped up when motioned to, the shopkeeper, Ollivander, leaning over the counter slightly to get a look at him,"Well finally the next male of the Bloodrose family joins us. Drak taking good care of his wand?"

Terry raised a faint eyebrow,"Yes. Why wouldn't he? He knows he needs it until his school years end."

The older shopkeeper nodded,"You best care for yours also."

Terry nodded faintly an a wand was pressed into his hand to try before Ollivander turned back to Cameron to check with him only to turn back and trade wands with the one Terry had, for another to try.

This and the book shop were the last shops Terry had to go to, he'd already bought his robes and his pet, a pure black owl with sharp green eyes and all other supplies he needed, having left them off with his parents.

Terry set down his second wand on the counter and did nothing, waiting silently for Ollivander to help him or finish with the other boy first.