RPG Dawn of Destiny [RPG] The NRC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zealot

Zealot New Member

"How long? How long?" The question echoed in Chiroptera's mind over and over again. He believed it had been almost two months but in the darkness of the place he had been locked away he never got to see the sunlight so there was no destinction between night and day. He forced his eyes open for a few moments to take in the reality of his surroundings, but as he feared he could still find no means of escape.

The garra had for some strange reason come to treat him in a way he'd never seen. Perhaps they didn't know what to make of the vicious human placed before them that would not die despite their best efforts to kill him. He was now being kept in soltary confinement away from all the other prisoners of the NRC. Even in solitary confinement they must have still anticipated his ability to escape. They had his arms, legs, chest, and neck all bound with thick black chains as well as having him hooked up to strange collar that shocked him if they so wished. They never took him out to work in the quarry anymore, not after his last escape attempt. He had transformed into his full winged form and flown straight towards one of their spacecraft (this had been before they knew he could change his arms into wings while as a werewolf). They had been shocking him with his collar the entire time but all he felt was a searing pain in his neck and bones. They eventually brought him down after the collar had temporarily blinded him from the shocks. Now he was barely allowed to move. They had even stopped feeding him, maybe they had decided to try starvation but all in really did to Chiroptera was make him weaker and more sickly appearing.

As he lay on the cold dark stone of his cell, not even able to stretch due to all the chains his acute hearing caught a sound. It was strange yet familiar and he forced himself to hold his breathe in order to hear it better. It was a low repetetive amp that rose and fell slightly. He had heard it before, once, it was the camps secondary alarm system. They had used it as well as sirens when he had tried to escape. His heart gave a small leap of hope, "the other prisoners must have decided to try themselves" he thought to himself. Chiroptera reached deep within himself to search for any strength that may have survived the two months of hunger and confinement. He found some tied to the hope that they may find and release him from his pitch black nightmare. With the tiny ounce of strength he found he managed to shift himself up onto his knees with his forehead on the cold ground. Now if he could only remember how to speak after being alone for so long, the words would not come. He had not the strength to yell at the volume he needed but there was one sound he hoped and prayed he would be able to perform.
    With a force of concentration he began his transformation just enough to morph his throat and vocal cords, once he had done that he used the last of his strength to lift his head up and release the most mourneful, and pain filled howl he could hope for and with that he slumped forward drained of whatever he had mustered. "Please come for me" he prayed.

2. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Kira Turned to look down the next corridor when he heard the Howl.

"I'll be back i need to do something... you guys can handle them right?" Without even waiting for a response he turned and dashed down the corridor where he came to a stairway down to the solitery confinement cells, which was for the worst fugitives. After he reached the bottom of the stairs he saw that there was only one cell left and he new who was in there.

"I have come old friend... you might not remember me or even have the strength to hear me but i will release you from this retched prison they have forced upon you." Without another word Kira drew his sword and with a blinding slah he removed the door revealing his friend.. "Chiroptera... can you hear me? I will release you from your bindings and heal your wounds but i will need a favor from you..." Kira released the chains and unlocked the collar with the key he was able to get from bruce before he left them with the Garra. as soon as the chains fell to the floor so did Chiroptera. Kira picked him up and leaned him against the wall he brought his sword up and stabbed Chiroptera straight thru the chest. Chiroptera gave a shrieking howl of pain.

"I know this might hurt but you will have to endure it while i heal you and restore your souls energy" he pulled the sword out of Chiroptera and a blinding light came from Chiroptera as if he had been born anew." We have much to do my friend will you join me?"

3. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Chiroptera felt a surge of warmth he had not felt for a very long time. He could feel energy from the blade coursing through every vein in his body. He didn't know how but all his old strength was returning to him in a matter of moments. This strange swordsman somehow knew who he was and that in itself was giving him strength as well. Chiroptera looked down upon what had become of him in these last two months. He was thinner than he had been and all of his clothes were badly torn and blood stained. The warrior's question repeated itself in his mind <we have much to do my friend, will you join me?>
    With his new found strength continually rising he returned to his full human form and spoke for the first time in nearly two months "gladly"; it slipped through his lips with a sinister tone and with that he felt his transformation begin. Flashes of his torture and imprisonment sliced through his mind and he reached down to find the vicious beast he had come to rely on.
    He could feel a strange new blood suddenly pumping through his veins and with that he could feel his pulse from every single blood vein. His skin loosened and he could feel the strong hide and fur grow up underneath his newly loosened skin. With his ever shifting hand he reached up and tore the worthless covering from his transformed self revealing the ferocious monster he had become. He stood nearly 9ft tall but with a slight hunch. His dark black and brown fur allowed him to blend into the shadows of the cell but his shimmering crimson eyes held a determination and purpose they hadn't felt for a long time. Chiroptera let out a ferocious roar that scratched and echoed across the walls. His nightmarish form was more than enough to strike fear into anything alive and although Kira did not appear afraid of his transformation, Chiroptera could sense a feeling of either awe or respect coming from Kira at the sight of his beastly form.
    Chiroptera lowered his head to eye level with Kira revealing to him a strange smirk that bared his huge canines and showed that he was more than ready to tear some Garra soldiers to shreds. Chiroptera would be sinking his claws and teeth into the screaming bodies of the garra again, but this time it would be his full intention. Chiroptera made a motion with his head towards the door meaning for Kira to lead the way. Kira nodded and with that they both rushed down the hall towards the main entrance to join the other escapees.

4. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

After they defeated the small group of Garras that stood in their way, Kryshana turned around and saw Kira with someone, or something, running behind him. "What the heck..." Kryshana looked at the creature in shock. She carfully walked around him and observed every detail of him. "There seems to be a very strange aura surrounding him. His heart seems to be filled with anger and hatred." Kryshana slightly trembled as she steped closer to this creature and stared him in the eyes, carefully enough not to show him how terrified she was of him. But to her suprise...he didn't move. " I can sense that you're feeling pain and struggle and a wish to taste blood is deep within you...but yet I stand before you and you won't harm me." She stepped back and looked at Kira, which stared at her in shock as to why a young girl, like herself, would ever go near a creature like that. "Do you think it's right...to trust him?" Kryshana asked.

5. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

"of course you can trust him...i trust him more then any single human being or mutant or any living thing in this universe; if you do not trust him there is no need fopr you to have privelege of being in his or my own presence. To me he is the only thing i have in this universe and the only thing i will ever trust...not untill i have the ability to trust anymore..." Kira looked at the looks on all their faces, " I dont mean to be so condescending but he trullys the only person i can trust in my life and if it werent for him i wouldnt be here now and i wouldnt be living the way ido...he gave me all of that and if you decide that my word and my heart isnt good enough for you to trust him then maybe my blade will prove to you the intensity of my will..." kira stirred a little after he said this realizing that he had offended some around him, "i am sorry but I cannot express what i want to as to how much we need him to survive..it is more important that you trust him now b/c in the furure he will an undeniable asset to our escape...so lets get going...."

6. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Trust...apparantally that was something that this swordsman had with Chiroptera but he had no knowledge as to why. Whenever he looked at the face of this unkown warrior he saw quick flashes of sharpened steel striking against one another. This small girl was strange as well. Most people had run for their lives at the sight of him yet she had circled around and eyed him in curiosity and unless his senses lied to him, fear. Such thoughts and memories were not important at the present moment however as Chiroptera caught the scent of another group of garra approaching their little club.

Chiroptera looked around at his new group of allies so to speak and took in what he could from their appearances and what his acute senses told him. The swordsman had already cut his chains and healed his wounds so as far as Chiroptera was concerned he was the most trustworthy. A tall male seemed to be leading the group and Chiroptera could smell smoke and sense a burning aura surrounding his hands. <He must be either a pyrokinetic or have some other form of fire manipulation abilities>, Chiroptera thought to himself. The young girl who had approached him also seemed to possess a burning aura yet hers seemed to be less concentrated and very lightly emitted by her whole body. He could also hear strange pulses being emmitted from her head, <hmm she must have mental powers as well>. The only thing he noticed about the female standing slightly behind the pyrokinetic was a feint smell of animals, but seeing as there was snow all over the ground he made the assumption that she could either control weather or mainipulate ice. The other two were also females one appeared to emit a burning aura although it was by far the smallest of the three. She also appeared to be surrounded by the smell of ozone which would imply that she generated an electrical field. The last female seemed and smelled completely normal except for the large white wings that were protruding from her back.

So these were his new companions or at least fellow prisoners. A swordsman, a pyrokinetic that focused his power in his hands, a telekinetic who may have also had fire related capabilities, a young girl who might have some control of fire and electricity, a winged female, and another female who could probably control weather conditions. An odd bunch but somehow they would have to help one another.

After evaluating his fellow escapees, the sent of garra caught his attention again. His new "friends" had all been staring at his horrific size and appearance and didn't notice the three garra soldiers come around the corner of the high security block and raise their weapons. There was no time to think and shoving the small telepath out of the line of fire he pounced upon the closest garra. Chiroptera heard someone yell something about striking them at the base of the spine but it was blotted out by the screams of the garra he had just landed on and one of the females behind him. His claws cut through the garra solddier like butter and it flopped onto the ground with four huge gashes across its chest. The other two garra must have been stunned by how fast their sergeant had fallen for it took them a couple seconds before they started emptying their weapons into Chiroptera's hulk. He was on the second garra in what seemed like less than a second and clamped his massive jaws onto the panicing soldier's head, he went limp almost instantly. The last soldier apparently had decided to go find backup for he had turned tail and run as fast as his alien legs could carry him. Sadly for him he only made it about 6ft before Chiroptera had dropped the garra's comrad and leapt upon the fleeing alien. One quick downward bite around the neck and chest severed his spine and Chiropter could both hear and feel the sickening crack between his teeth.

Chiroptera stood upright with the third soldier hanging lifelessly from his jaws. With a toss of his head he threw the corpse aside like a rag doll and tried to ignore the foul taste of garra in his mouth. When he turned around however he was met with faces he had seen all to often, faces that held expressions of horror, disgust, fear, and shock. Of all the faces however, he noticed that the swordsman stood still and silent looking upon the creature he had claimed to know so well with signs of awe and Chiroptera caught what looked like a smirk. "He may be more vicious then any of us but now maybe you see why I said he would be an invaluable asset to our escape". Chiroptera was beginning to like this swordsman. He wiped the blood off his face with his left arm and pointed towards a tall building several hundred feet off to his left. "It would seem I'm not the only one who knows where we need to go" exclaimed Kira.

7. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

"Now lets going, there is a battalion of Garra Knights guarding the central tower... which equals to about 5 or 6 Garra knights that each of us has to take out, but remember that the Garra knights are much more powerful then regular Garra soldiers, so be on your guard when fighting them, I can take out twenty all at once but I wouldn’t be able to use my sword for the rest of the day so we are just going to have to do this the hard way and fight them straight through. Bruce you take the girls, Chiroptera and I will clear a path while you make your way through to the tower, then we will finish them off while you clear out the Garras that are in the tower" Kira turned to Catalina "while they are clearing out the tower I am going to need you to create an ice storm and covering fog all through out the tower to stop their security cameras so that when Chiroptera and I come in we can clear out the back up squadrons of Garra Hunters. You don’t have to worry about us b/c Chiroptera and I have cleared much stronger forces then that of Garra knights... so get too it" Kira turned to Chiroptera and drew what seemed to be some sort of weapon wrapped in a leather cloth, Kira then unwrapped the Weapon revealing a glowing silver Axe engraved with the symbols for Light and Honor and the Axe masters Code, "this belonged to a long time ago my friend... grasp it in your hands once more to feel the power which once flowed through your veins and then you will remember why you have so far on a journey that led you through the depths of hell and back." Kira turned back to the group, "now let’s move it we don’t have much time before the Garra Ships are informed of what happened"

*a little side note... I added Garra Hunters and Knights so that we could have something like different species or levels of Garra

Garra Hunters: Very strong Garras that are even more abominable then Garra Knights. They are only susceptible to attacks of immense power, if it is not strong enough to penetrate their rough hide at first then other attacks will have little to no affect on them. If to do penetrate their hide then it will be much easier to slay them. They are just the Brute force of the Garra bred only for their strength.
    Garra Knights: Very strong and intelligent Garras whose strength equals there intelligence. If it were not for Garra knights most of the race of Garra would be enslaved by other races due to their lack of intelligence.

1 person likes this.
  8. Zealot

Zealot New Member

An axe..............It was strange............Chiroptera could see flashes but they were so fast that he couldn't distinguish anything clearly. This axe eminated an aura of its own just like the sword that the swordsman had used to heal him but deep in the primal part of his mind where his beastly instincts dwelled they screamed at him to not touch the axe and if possible to kill the one holding it. What made this weapon so different from all the other swords and blades he had ripped from their owner's hands or been impaled with. The axe itself was a very unique design. The handle and blade together must have only been about two feet long and ended in a cone-like spike at the top. The blade itself extended from one side of the hilt and held the same appearance of an executioner's axe except for the fact that its blade extended further out and up at the top putting the blade's top point equal with the spike at the top of the hilt. The engravings ran along the edge of the axe's blade and one large symbol was nestled in the center of the blade on both sides. The entirety of the axe was made out of solid silver as far as he could tell except for the cloth wrapped around two narrower parts of the hilt which must have been the grips. It was an elegant, attractive, and deadly weapon. He could easily overrule the instincts telling him not to touch the weapon but seeing that he was in his wolf form he decided it might be best to not touch the blade while transformed.

Chiroptera looked at the swordsman and held his hand signaling that he didn't want to take it, at least not yet. The swordsman seemed to understand and slung the weapon over his back in its leather wrappings. The pyrokinetic referred to as Bruce seemed to understand the task the swordsman had asked of him and Chiroptera knew all to well the task that lay before him and his new friend, or old friend according to what the warrior had said. "I don't know if you remember me or not but in case you don't my name is Kira and this is not the first time we will have fought together my friend", said Kira. So this mysterious warrior was from his past and they had fought together before but why couldn't Chiroptera remember any of it? It didn't matter, all Chiroptera cared about at this moment was escaping this hell he had been trapped in for two months. Kira yelled to the others "lets move now before they can trap us in the open". The group of prisoners raced across the prison grounds toward the tall structure that held the key to their escape.

Chiroptera and Kira both pulled ahead of the group, both of them being by far the fastest on the ground, Kira had his mighty sword drawn and Chiroptera had his fangs bared as they quickly approached the tall structure. They were only a couple dozen yards away when a huge group of Garra knights appeared from the structure's massive doorway. Kira had been correct in his statement about their numbers. Their weren't much taller then the regular garra soldiers but they were much more muscular and the weapons they carried looked like a cross between a laser rifle and a massive sword. <This will be interesting but they will break just like their smaller brethren> Chiroptera thought as he quickened his pace. There was a flash to Chiroptera's right and he caught a glimpse of Kira bursting forward with such speed that he could not be clearly seen. Kira's initial momentum must have strengthened the force of his sword for the first knight he reached had raised his weapon to block only to have it broken into two pieces. Chiroptera had a similar reaction when he plowed into their ranks except that his strenghth and claws severed a knight's arm rather than his sword. I was a flashing crowd of blades, teeth, and weapon fire. Kira was dodging their attacks and leaving nice sized gashes in anyone that so much as looked at him the wrong way. Chiroptera found that these knights were considerably stronger than their smaller brethren but they were smart and that combined with skill with their weapons was making this somewhat difficult. Chiroptera sank his claws into the back of one knight and lifting him clean off the ground used him as a shield against the other beam rifles. "We can't get through", called Bruce. Chiroptera decided that his shield was needed elsewhere. He flung the mutilated corpse into a small cluster of knights guarding the door and knocking them all over cleared a temporary path for his allies. Bruce and the girls saw their opportunity and rushed into the building. Chiroptera let out a cry as a massive sword sliced his shoulder. He let out a screeching roar and the battle raged on.

9. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Kira, noticing the man who had sliced Chiroptera, launched himself into the air and with a great slash towards the ground he took out 6 garra knights leaving a wide area for him to land. When he landed he took his sword and struck into the ground creating a force wave on the ground that made all the Garra knights fall to the ground, except for Chiroptera who had jumped into the air to dodge the shockwave. As soon as this happened Kira and Chiroptera just started tearing through the Garra as if they were paper, Kiras rage influenced his blade as if it were the only thing standing between him and freedom. His blade tasted the blood of many Garra and he did not care b/c this was for his friends and they meant everything to him....

10. Zealot

Zealot New Member

The shockwave had surprised Chiroptera but his animal reflexes did the work for him, propelling him high into the air. He took the moment to take count of the warriors they had slain. The bodies were scattered about and many of the ones on the ground had simply been knocked out or over so it was hard to get an acurate count. From what he saw Kira and himself had probably ended the lives of about 16 garra knights in their little diversion. He didn't know how many had been killed by Bruce and the girls but many of the bodies had charred limbs and serious burns. Just then A barage of laser fire colided with Chiroptera's body as he fell to the gound. It was like burning arrows that desintigrated on impact but burned far longer. He hit the ground with a thud and had barely had time to look around before four knights tried to impale him with their blades. He jumped to his feet and tackled the closest knight taking his blade full in the right shoulder. Biting the knight's left shoulder and wrenching his head away he tore a massive chunk out of the knight's torso whereupon he fell to the ground squirming and then suddenly stopped moving. It was in this moment that Chiroptera caught site of it, one of the garra security craft had arrived from outside the prison and the three solaris beams were ready to incinerate both Chiroptera and Kira. Chiroptera did not doubt his ability to survive the beams but he knew that if he took a hit from those guns, even a glancing one his fight would be over and all of the escapees would have one less fighter on their side. Kira had apparently been hit by one of their rifles for he was moving slower than before. Chiroptera leaping towards one of the few remaining knights flipped himself over and sailing feet first over the knights head stabbed into the warrior's chest with both his clawed hands and due to the momentum of his leap tore from the creature's chest all the way up past his face, he fell to the ground lifeless. Now that there was a bit of a lull in Chiroptera's attackers he began to shift his body to his truly horrific form. His arms grew in length and in only a few moments he had sprouted massive bat wings where his werewolf arms once were. With a single flap from his mighty wings he shot from the ground and towards Kira. The beams were charging up and Kira was too ocupied by the wound in his side and the four knights bearing down on him to notice. Chiroptera flapped his wings parallel to the ground giving him a sudden burst of speed. Chiroptera opened his wings and reached for Kira's shoulders with his feet ready to snatch him away from the ships beams when a Garra Knight's sword flew through the air and pierced him in the left side under his wing. The pain caused him to arc sideways, missing Kira and tumble to the ground just as the ship fired into Kira's little skirmish. Chiroptera looked up just in time to see a massive pillar of glowing yellow light strike the ground where Kira had been standing and cut the two ramaining knights in half. The light from the beam filled Chiroptera's vision and Kira could not be seen.

11. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Blinded by this light Chiroptera could not see anything for a few moments, but when his eye sight returned it seemed as if there was a brilliant light coming from the area that had been fired upon. When all the dust cleared Chiroptera saw Kira standing there with his blade up..."How could this be?!" Chiroptera thought, but as soon as this thought passed his mind he saw what had been giving off the light... It was Kira's Blade! It seemed as if Kira used his sword to absorb the blast and revive himself in the process, restoring him to full strength...

Kira was fighting when he heard a buzzing sound as if billions of bees had been soaring towards him... when he turned to face the sound he saw a huge beam of light heading towards him. Without even thinking he put up his blade preparing to absorb the blast... When the blast hit he was pushed back a couple feet but everything else around him had been incinerated. When the dust lifted he took his sword and hurled himself into the air preparing to send all that energy back at the ship tenfold. With o spinning Swipe of his blade he release an immense wave of light towards the ship disintegrating all of it as if it never existed... once he was back on the ground he jumped right back in the fray... "Chiroptera! We need to hurry if we want to protect the others from the Garra Hunters..." with an acknowledging nod Chiroptera jumped into the air and dive bombed a group of Garra Knights taking them all out leaving a path for Kira to use the excess power he had received from the Ships blast to incinerate the rest of the Knights. Without a word Kira ran, dashing Chiroptera and with one quick wave of his sword he leveled most of the Garra Knights, which Chiroptera took care of after Kira’s attack. "Lets go inside Chiroptera we need to go and help the others" with nothing else said Kira and Chiroptera both dashed into the Tower to take on their next enemies...The Garra Hunters....

12. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Catalina created the ice storm like Kira wanted. The fog rolled in spilling the halls with its heavy breathe. She watched as the other two ran foward. Bruce was still with so she felt a little safe.

But the Garra were still embarking on their presence. "Bruce o my god so there is so many of them."

"Just run." Catalina and Bruce ran down the hall trying to ecape the guards that were coming. Catalina stopped and dropped to her knees. "Catalina get up." He grabbed her hand. Her eyes changed yellow and dark.

"Bruce run now I'll handle them."

"What is going on Catalina."

"I have yet to control my beast form so you better get away." She lightly laughed. The Garras are going to love being attacked by their own little pet. She transformed herself and Bruce started running towards the others.

He finally caught up with them. "Where to next?"

13. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Kira and Chiroptera caught up to Bruce a little after they entered the building.
    “Bruce where is Catalina?" Kira asked
    “She’s holding off the Garra while we find the control room" Bruce replied.
    After hearing this Kira stopped and told them to wait. "We can’t let her do that by herself... okay, Bruce I am going to tell you everything you need to know to get to the control room and what to do when you get there..." Kira turned to Chiroptera

"'I'll need you to follow Bruce so that you can help him take out any Garras that will be guarding the control room" Kira turned back to Bruce.

"Bruce... You are going to go Up the Massive staircase in the middle of the Building where there will be anther battalion of Garra forces. Once you take them out you will have a free run to the top of the staircase. When at the top you will take the north corridor and not the south, b/c that will take you to the Garra training facilities and you don’t want to be there b/c that is where all of the Garra Hunters are held. Now... Once to go all the way down the corridor following all its twists and turns you will come to the control room, but be careful b/c there will be Garra commanders there and they are the most intelligent and strongest Garra out there. Now I might be back by then to help you, but if I am not then you will have to take control of the Prisons systems. Now I am going to tell you the whole reason for going all this way just to get to the control room...In the control room there are four master control consoles on all four of them there is a smaller console that has Garra symbols on it that read 'Total control', now all of you are going to have to shut reconfigure each one... this will allow to control every Garra under the control of the Garra army b/c every Garra in the Garra military has an implant that can control them, and the control stick is right these stairs... now for instruction on how to use these controls... All Garra in the military were forced to be put in the Military b/c none of them originally wanted any fights... see, the Garra used to be a race of civilized beasts but ever since the Garra commanders took over they required all working Garra to get implants meant for their Safety, but they tricked them all into working for their own wants. So for almost a century the Garra have been controlled by these Commanders, so what you are going to do is to shut off their control and destroy the control panels so that the Garra commanders cant take control over their lowers anymore, but my only fear is that they have been enslaved too long and that War has been implemented into their minds and made them desire blood... but it is a chance will have to take, but if they are now instilled with a lust for blood then all they will do will be a more aggressive race with no one having the ability to control them... but its a risk we have to take if we want to over throw there reign...." Kira turned away from them and started on his way to Catalina’s side..." I'll be back soon, just don’t get yourselves killed!" Kira yelled as he sprinted back towards the entrance....

14. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Chiroptera thought it probably would have been wiser if he had gone back outside to help the one called Catalina since Kira was the one who seemed to know what they needed to do and especially since he could smell Catalina's animal scent getting stronger. Either way, Kira had already started running towards the exit so Chiroptera would have to help Bruce with any Garra inside the building. Because he would be travelling through hallways and staircases, Chiroptera began shifting his wings back into their stockier werewolf form. His arms began to shorten slightly and the huge leathery wings were retracted back into the very flesh of his arms leaving the five thick, clawed fingers. Chiroptera and the others raced to the main staircase and began climbing. Due to his large size, Chiroptera couldn't get a good footing on the stairs and resorted to climbing on the walls and stairs on all fours. They had only climbed a few flights when they came to a massive double door that led to a hallway lined with entryways and doors. It wasn't the doors that caught Chiroptera's attention however, it was the two rows of garra soldiers that had lined up in a firing position. Chiroptera thought he heard Bruce mumble "Oh crap" but it was overtaken by the lead soldier yelling something very loud and the sudden barage of solar blasts. Chiroptera extended his arms out on either side of him to try and block as many of the shots as possible. His large body and ability to heal quickly allowed to take a lot of damage and keep on fighting. Even with his massive body blocking most of the door he couldn't prevent all the shots from hitting his companions. <I need a better shield> he thought, and quickly grabbed one of the iron double doors. He yanked the door from its hinges and placed it in-between himself and the firing soldiers. "What do we do now" yelled the winged female. "We can't get down the hallway without them tearing us to shreds with those guns". Chiroptera was thinking about throwing the one called Bruce behind the garra's firing line to roast them but got a better idea instead of risking one of his own. With some effort Chiroptera punched his right hand through the partially melting door and lifting it off the ground ran forward like a massive bulldozer. The Garra continued to shoot hoping to stop the iron wall running towards them but it wasn't working and they found it out all too well when Chiroptera slammed the iron door right into the front of them, knocking all of them to the ground. Pulling his hand loose from the door Chiroptera lifted the slab of iron above his head an slammed it down on top of the squad of garra soldiers. Chiroptera then pointed and growled at the door signaling Bruce. Bruce got the idea and released two streams of fire into the door melting it to liquid steel that killed the soldiers, that hadn't died from the initial impact, very quickly and painfully. Chiroptera waved to the others and all the prisoners ran past the pile of liquid embers towards the second stairwell at the end of the hall. As they all began up the second stairwell Chiroptera couldn't help but feel the pain from his numerous cuts, burns, and injuries. <I don't know if I can hold out too much longer if this keeps up>. <I can heal quickly and I can't die but if we keep encountering waves like this then I won't be able to fight anymore let alone help protect the others>. Still he continued climbing those stairs surrounded by Bruce and the girls.

15. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

As Kira Approached the entrance of the building he had remembered something he had forgotten, before he had left the others. Without even stopping he made a total and entire turn and dashed back to the others using his extreme speed to catch up to them, passing the carnage left from the others path..."Ha!" Kira couldnt help laughing at the sight as he passed... as he was running he unraveled the axe from his back... "Even if he wont except it i will make him take it, i dont want to lose him and he wont have his true powers unless he grasps this axe in his hands once again..." Kira was inspired to run even faster as he sensed his friends only a little further up the stairs...."Chiroptera!" Kira threw the axe at His friend causing Chiroptera to catch it to prevent it from hitting him right in the chest...as soon as the handle of the blae was in Chiropteras hand his body wretched with violent contortions..."Hold on my friend! it wont hurt for long..." the others stared as Chiroptera was thrashing violently about on the ground , they all looked at Kira as if he were crazy, but Kira looked on to Chiroptera with a sincere look portrayed on his face as if he knew what was happening...Kira whispered under his breath, "Just hold on my friend...just hold on...."

16. Zealot

Zealot New Member

It had happened too quickly to realize. Chiroptera had turned at the scent of Kira and next thing he knew the silver axe had landed in his right hand. The pain had come instantly, it was like someone had put a scolding hot pole in his hand. He would have let it go and the beast desperately wanted to but something else had come with the axe as well. When Chiroptera's hand grasped the axe's hilt their came a sudden rush of images and flashes in his mind. So long had his memories been gone that Chiroptera couldn't risk losing this chance at unlocking some of them. His hand burned and as his right palm began to bleed it was almost as if the metal was releasing an invisible poison into his bloodstream. His beastly form fell to the ground, convulsing violently, scratching the floor with his claws, and howling in pain continuously, but his true self gripped the hilt and began to piece together the memories.
    :flash:.....a building made of wood and surrounded by forest but with a sizeable clearing between the structure and the trees.
    :flash:.....himself wielding the silver axe and fighting several other people all dressed in white and black robes but not killing any of them. He appeared to be teaching.
    :flash:.....Him throwing the axe into the side of a tree and calling it back to him. He spoke without speaking, his lips moved and the axe pulled itself from the tree and back to his hand like a magnet.

It was during this flash that it awakened in him, a long forgotten power that dwelled in his voice. Chiroptera's images began to disappear and he let go of the axe letting it roll out of his hand. His right hand was burnt and bleeding and all of the blood veins in his right forearm could be clearly seen through his fur and had turned a sickening gray.

Now that he was no longer in a painful state of fury; Kryshana, Kira, and Bruce all lifted him to his feet. Chiroptera turned to face Kira and feeling the old power in his throat opened his mouth as if to speak but all that was heard or seen was Chiroptera's beastly throat vibrating at sparatic intervals. Kira and Bruce who were standing in front of him did hear something though. They both could hear a deep and echoing voice inside their heads. {Kira I believe you should return to help Catalina}. Bruce had a look of utter shock but Kira smirked as if pleased with this development almost as if he expected it. Kira then tossed the leather wrappings and bindings to Chiroptera and dashed back down the stairs. Chiroptera took the leather wrappings and began to carefully wrap the axe, but as he did so his eyes caught the symbols written in the center of the blade and he could read them as easily as if it were in English. The runes in the center of the axe read "Beast of Echoes", <so that is your name> thought Chiroptera, and after having wrapped the axe completely and slung it over his back he echoed a message to the others. {We should hurry, we've wasted enough time on my account}.

17. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

"There is no need," Catalina said as she appeared with the group. She was dripping in Garra blood. Her eyes were still those of the Vampiral. Strangily beautiful on her. "Sorry I had a little snack." She sniffed the air. "It smells like more are coming." Five Garra soldiers came threw a door. She jumped over the group and pounced on the soldiers. She instantly transformed into a vampiral. She opened her jaw a crushed what would be considered a throat on the Garra. Once she was doen she stood up in human form. "Aren't we supposed to get going?" She wiped off her mouth that dripped with blood.

Bruce welded the Garras to the door. He watched as Kira and Chiroptera had a conversation. It was over quick enough. He couldn't believe that Chiroptera was inside his mind. He turned and saw Catalina join the group. She had changed. She wasn't as timid when they first met. Her eyes were errie. He watched as she sniffed the air. Then before he could make a move Garras had appeared. Catalina sort of jumped or climbed the ceiling. He wasn't to sure it happened to quickly. They were fighting. It wasn't really a fight more like a slaught. He sighed. "Yeah let's go."

18. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Kira laughed at this sight because it half amused him how this beautiful girl could turn into such a horrible beast just as his friend Chiroptera... "only three people i know in my entire life can change their forms so drastically... and you have yet to see the third..." Kira snickered as they followed the corridor up the stairs further and further as Catalina ate and ate her fill, Kira was to amused at this to do anything but laugh..."The memories are so faint now but, it stills feels as if I could relive those memories as if they were trully happening to me right now, if only Chiroptera could regain his memory just a little faster then maybe he will regain our memories also... My friend... when will be able to trully fight side by side again?"

19. Zealot

Zealot New Member

This girl...this Catalina...she intrigued him. Chiroptera had been able to identify the powers of all of his companions save for this girl, and now she stood before him as a savage beast just like him. <Perhaps I'm not as alone as I thought> he thought to himself.

The group had just reached the top of the third stairwell and it opened up to a hallway leading to a massive "T" junction. Kira spoke to the others quietly "we must tread carefully now, if we are lucky then the garra may not have unleashed their hunters yet." Turning down the right hallway the group traveled quickly glancing behind them ever so often for fear of spying the armored hulks of the garra forces. They all came to a towering double door and Kira identified the room as the control center. Just as the group was about to enter through the door however, several steel blast doors closed in front of and behind the doors. All the walls suddenly became armor plated as well. Chiroptera jerked his head at the next sound, a series low rumbling grunts. It was Chiroptera and apparently Catalina that smelled them first, Hunters. The hallway had become a long shooting range for them with no where for their targets to run. Chiroptera echoed a message to the others {friends, I can smell three distinct creatures coming our way. I will take one of them (he would have taken two if not for the fatigue he was feeling); Kira, you take the second one; and you, Catalina, can you take one of them?} Catalina nodded rather than spoke for she was shocked at the deep rippling voice inside her head, she then fell forward onto her hands and changed into the ferocious vampiral. Chiroptera then turned to Bruce, the young telepath, and the other girl that emitted a fiery aura, {if you can, try to melt through that door, it will no doubt take all of you together}

It was in this moment that Chiroptera caught sight of them, the three hunters all running towards them weapons raised. They were tall hulking garras, virtually the same size of Chiroptera himself but rathar than being covered in fur they were covered by an armor that seemed grafted to their skin. In their right hand they held a double barreled cannon and in their left what looked like a massive glowing scimitar. They also had long tentacle like spines hanging from the backs of their shoulders. The three beasts held up their cannons preparing to light up the hallway.

Chiroptera and Catalina both leapt to opposing walls of the hallway as Kira dashed straight down the hall both hands on his sword. Chiroptera ran/crawled along the wall with frightening speed and had closed the distance between himself and the hunters in a matter of moments. Leaping on the closest hunter and tackling him to the ground Chiroptera was reminded his enemy's strength when he was flipped onto his back over the hunter's head. They had to either kill these hunters or at least distract them long enough for their three fire manipulating companions to melt their way into the control room. The battle was on.

20. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

As Kryshana and the other two pyrokenetics worked on melting the door...she thought about what happened earlier. Chiroptera saved her life from the repulsive Garra. The pain in her back from the impact was fading away now. She remembered what Kira said of the trust he had for Chiroptera and his hurtful words to the group. Her heart trembled for a moment with that thought. Kryshana tried to send a message to Chiroptera...for her powers were awakened recently, so controling them were somewhat difficult. "Chiroptera, I believe now that I can trust you. Not because of fear or pity, but I believe you have some good in your heart. You saved my life and for that I am grateful..."

Suddenly, she heard a painful howl. Forgeting about what she was supposed to do, she quickly spun around to see Chiroptera on the floor with a Garra Hunter about to attack him. Without thought, Kryshana quickly binded the Garra's body and flung him to the side wall, head first, while igniting him. Then Chiroptera's eyes met Kryshana's. "...for that I will fight along side you and protect you, my friend..." She smiled with a wink at him. Suprisily, Chiroptera smiled back and fought on.

She glanced at Catalina who was ferociously attacking her Garra, knocking him to the ground. "Wow, such force!" Kryshana thought. Then she looked over at Kira. His speed was increadibly fast as he dashed around the Garra, who was getting a bit dizzy while attempting to strike at him. Kira glanced back at the three and he saw Kryshana gazing at him. She quickly spun around embarrassingly and continued to help the others melt down the door. Her heart gave a thump. "It couldn't be..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.