Saber Marionette Saber Marionette 90210!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Jul 16, 2002.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Chapter 35 updated!!! :)

Alright...
    for popular request
    I included Keitaro from Love Hina!

And some plus:

Fox Maussan. Ulder (M.Ulder for short :D ), the UFO freak elsewhere mentioned in my fic.

Chapter 35 is a major breakthru. I add more info about the characters' personalities.

The mostly revealed character is Rei.
    Learn more about why she's so quiet!

Bloodberry and Lorelei's first kiss! *GASP!*

And don't miss Bloodberry vs. Panther mudfight! :bleed: *giggle*
    yes, for real! *giggle*

Find the fic address elsewhere in this thread.

2. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Grrrr....I'm gonna have to read it from the start or something.... because I forgot where I left off (chapter 7 or 8-ish).

And I need a full day to read it! Or two! Or THREE!

But seriously, I agree with you, Sachiko-chan: I LOVE the way Rick-san tells the story! ^_^ He's so cool. ^_^

3. luvweaver

50 chapters! yay!

OK, just uploaded chapter 51 of my fic "Saber Marionette 90210". Read the first post of this thread for the url.

Please post requests or comments! It's your feedback that keeps me going :sweat2:

4. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Congratulations! 50 chapters is a long run, keep it up! :anime:

5. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Oh my gawdddd. You are absolutly -awesome-. However. I haven't started reading this massive novel yet. ;P I will at once. 50 chapters. . . Oh my. KEEP GOING! WEEE!

6. luvweaver

chapter 57 (Recap of last 30 chapters) up!

Hi guys! Sorry for not posting for a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away... i've been working! :anime: Finally i have a weekend to update you guys.

The last 25 chapters (from 31 to 55) show the events from the friday before the school camp, to the next friday, when Lorelei finally learns the truth about her past, and runs away from home (gasp!)

(For your convenience i've split the recap in 2 chapters. 31 to 46, and 47 to 56)

In the meantime, Bloodberry and Panther finally have a fight, and we see the dark spots in the two girls' pasts.

Rei remembers a blocked memory that tortures her mind, and she feels lonely and even more depressive. Who will she go to ease her loneliness? Perhaps the mysterious teacher who carried her to her tent while she cried near the lake?

But that's not all! The race for the secret genetic weapon called the "meta" has begun! And miss Tamasaburo is one of the racers! (Don't tell anyone, but she's much more than just a teacher).

Who will find the weapon, and how will (s)he use it?

And Cherry, in the middle of secret vidlogs regarding covernment conspiracies, gets a mail at school from her secret admirer! Who will it be? A true fan? A spy? Or even worse... a geek? (screams)

Lime gets a pair of fangs that came out from nowhere. Nyaaa! :catgirl:
    Maybe Hess has played "Dr. Genetics" on her without her knowledge?

Don't miss "the DREADED RECAP" (yup, that's the episode title) and read on today! :sweat2: (Yeah I know it's a stupid commercial phrase)

http://members.fortunecity.com/luvweaver/smj/fic6.html?page=57

P.S.

Dr. Hess informs me that he has added some *evil* spoilers inside the recap, for the delight of our readers!
    The spoilers are supposed to be facts or events that are NOT mentioned in the main chapters (like why's or how's).
    (muahahahah)

7. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Ah, at least I’ve found some time to get to reading this wonderful story of yours, luvweaver! So far I haven’t managed to read past eighth chapter of this wonderful story of yours, but it doesn’t mean that I didn’t enjoy it much, far from it! It’s partially from my usual lack of time, and partially because from time to time I prefer to prolong the enjoyment. ^_^
    There is little for me to say apart from what I have already said in my review for this wonderful story of yours at fanfiction.net. Please keep up your wonderful writing, luvweaver, and good luck to you with it!

8. Black Robed One

Actually, I have already read to the end of fifteenth chapter by now, and got even more impressed by this wonderful story of yours, luvweaver! Once again, there is very little for me to add to what I have already written in another review for this wonderful story of yours. Either way, I am looking forward to reading more of this wonderful story of yours, luvweaver, and will drop you another review some while later.

9. luvweaver

:p Boy, i feel flattered. Uh... :sweat2: was it necessary to say "wonderful story of yours" three times? :sweat2:

No offense, but ... hee hee sounds too funny :sweat2:. I don't want hyper reviews, I just want to know your doubts, opinions, and questions on the movie - er... fanfic :anime:.

Anyway, thanks! :catgirl:

10. Black Robed One

Heh, sorry, luvweaver. :sweat: :shy:

No offense taken, I know I can be somewhat wierd from time to time... :shy:

Either way, I've finished reading the first act (i.e. first thirty chapters) by now, and I have found one rather doubtful moment near the end concering Cherry's and Lorelei's (the later with IQ 219!) reaction to (IMHO) a rather obvious trick. But I am aware that I can be wrong about it, as I have read only their initial reaction to this trick. Well, I'll say more about it in my next review for this story of yours at fanfiction.net. Oh, and I'll edit my review so that it would contain minimum compliments if you would prefer it to be this way. [​IMG]

11. Black Robed One

I have read your story ‘till the end of 37th chapter by now, and I have done writing my review for these last chapters that I have read. This review is going to be the last review I will be writing for this story of yours at fanfiction.net, for you haven’t uploaded chapters past 37th of this story of yours at fanfiction.net. But of course I will continue giving my comments and compliments to this wonderful story of your at this thread. Right now, however, there is very little for me to add to what I have already written in my last official review for this story of yours; and so, I will just go ahead to reading more of this wonderful story of yours.

12. Black Robed One

I have read to the end of 46th chapter by now, and I guess that I am getting to like your story even more with each new chapter. Also it may be my imagination, but I feel like I am getting up speed with reading of this story of yours, which it something of a pity as as soon as I will finish reading everything that you have written by now, I will have to wait before getting to read a new chapter of this story of yours, and even though you seem to update more or less fast it still won’t be an easy waiting because I enjoy reading this wonderful story of yours oh so very much!.. Sorry, I couldn’t help making at least one compliment to this story of yours, as I REALLY like it! ^_^

Either way, this “goverment conspirecy” idea is extremely interesting, especially now, when some things about it are starting to get clear, although many things are still far from being clear, for me at least. I am dying to know what Hess is really up to, and more importantly will he somehow able to foil the plans of those who work against him. I know it is unlikely since those who work against him seem to be real professionals, but then again Hess’ evil genius is also something to be reckoned.

And the idea about “Cherry’s secret admirer” is oh so very sweet and interesting, but… I have a suspicion about who this “secret admirer” really is… Well, it is kinda obvious actually, but then again the most obvious suspicion isn’t necessary the right one. If I am right about my suspicion, however, someting (well, mostly 44th chapter of this story of yours actually ^_^) tells me that Cherry might not be especially happy when she will find out who her “secret admirer” really is. Well, of course Cherry wished to get any boyfriend before, but she doesn’t seem to have a high opinion about this particular person… ^_^

Either way, I’ll go on to reading this wonderful story of yours, luvweaver!

13. Black Robed One

It's sad but true, I have finally finished reading the rest of your story, or to speak more precisely, the rest of what you have written so far. I don't claim to understand this "government conspiracy" fully, for while Lorelei's part in it is getting rather clear, I still don't fully understand what part Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Tiger, Luchs and Panther play in it.
    Cherry's 'secret' admirer turned to be exactly whom I expected… Well, in fact, I couldn't dismiss the possiblity that you were making this so obvious only to throw up a surprise later, but this didn't happen. Well, while it could be more interesting if there would be more of surprise, your story is great nevertheless, and I am dying to read about how Cherry's relations with her no longer secret admirer will proceed.
    And Hess is great as usually!

[​IMG]

In short, I am just dying to read more of this wonderful story of yours, luvweaver!

14. luvweaver

Surprise! :p

Actually I had planned this from the beginning. Cherry needs to get down from her cotton clouds and enter the real world: She is NOT a princess. Just a geek with a hyperactive imagination. Let's see how this turns out... will her first relationship be what she expected? Lots of disappointments, of which the subject is just the FIRST one?

But actually I'm more worried of what will become of Bloodberry. Will she be able to forgive Panther? I have planned a complicated "plot" involving Mike, Tiger, Lorelei and Lime. As someone said, "everything happens for a reason" *chuckle*

But fear not, brave adventurers! Things will get exciting! Act III will start with a cool motorcycle chase scene! Yay! :anime:

15. Black Robed One

Well, I could have argued about this, but that would be just my humble opinion, and besides, I've already voiced it a few times. And so, I would prefer two of us to avoid getting into an argument that will risk to turn into a flame war. I'll just say, that everybody is entitled to have his or her own opinion.

And anyway, even though our views of Cherry differ to some degree, I still view your "Saber Marionette 90210" as the greatest fanfictional story I have ever read (that's not a compliment, just a statement of a fact). I've finished reading the last chapter of the second act, which answered all the questions I had about the part that Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Tiger, Luchs and Panther play in this "government conspiracy", and now I am eagerly waiting to read more.

P.S.

By the way, I thank you very much for the wonderful and very inspiring review, that you gave to the first chapter of my "The Sabers: Knights vs. Marionettes" fanfictional story, especially since it is nothing compared to yours. Well, I will "officially" thank you and comment your review in the beginning of the next chapter of this story of mine, which I plan to finish somewhere in the beginning of the next month, if I won't encounter any unexpected difficulties, that's it. But don't expect me to reveal much about what will happen next in this story of mine! ^_^

1 person likes this.
  16. luvweaver

Act III intro scene

Suggested scenes for the TV intro:

* Lime waking up and stretching. As she yawns, her fangs can be seen.
    * Title: Saber Marionette 90210
    * Cherry cooking, Lime eating too fast and begins choking. Cherry sweatdrops.
    * Girls running towards the bus, Bloodberry gets late and catches the bus just in time.
    * Lime arriving at school and hugging Shinji. She smiles and her fangs are shown.
    * Asuka looking at the couple with envy and malice. "Snake" whispers something to Asuka and they grin.
    * Cherry reads her mail at school, and on the other side is Lorelei's mom, writing. Cherry prints the mail and runs to Lorelei, showing her. Lorelei hugs Cherry.
    * CIA agents on a tall building, spy on Lorelei and talk with intercoms as she reads mom's letter.
    * Some tatooed Yakuza agents talk with intercoms (the same?), as they're involved in a shootout with Lorelei's father on some dark alley.
    * Scene: Officer Tamasaburo speaking with her superior on the NSA building, and the scene shifts to Tamasaburo spying on Dr. Hess as he talks to Koyuki.
    Tamasaburo looks at Rei who finds her, and seems worried. Tamasaburo hides her earphone, and begins to talk to Rei.
    * Tiger arguing with Bloodberry, making her cry. Dr. Hess watches and grins from his office window. A sparkle is shown in his grin.
    * Monthly Exam! Panther reads the exam's question and reclines her head on her desk - meanwhile, Lorelei gives miss Baiko the already-answered exam. Baiko glimpses over it, and gives Lorelei an A+. Lorelei smiles while other girls snarl at her.
    * Miss Tamasaburo gets a beep while doing some locker revision. She runs, and accidentally pushes Keitaro, who ends up grabbing some girl's breast. He gets kicked in the bottom and falls on his knees.
    Cherry runs to him and hugs him in compassion.
    * Motorcycle chase scene with miss Tamasaburo.
    * Hanagata gets his car smashed by one of the motorcycles, and yells out some stuff.
    * More chase scenes: (night) Lorelei and the three sisters running away from Yakuza assasins. Lime looks above and we see very dark. In a blink, we see the borders of the building. Lime jumps to a window 2 stories above. Cherry follows her, and finally Bloodberry. A Yakuza assasin begins pointing at Bloodberry, but he is forced to look at his right. Officer Tamasaburo is threatening him with a gun. Lorelei looks at the assasin draw a gun with his other hand (close-up), and throws a small can at his face.
    * School scene: Bloodberry is talking with Miss Tamasaburo at the school halls. Scene shifts to a bar where both women are about to kiss.
    Scene shifts back to Bloodberry, who blushes and seems shocked. Miss Tamasaburo turns around and leaves. Bloodberry hammers the wall with her closed hand, and curses.
    Rei is spying on them from a corner. Shocked, she covers her mouth with her palm.
    * NSA agents looking at a picture of Dr. Hess with some of the popular students in a camp.
    Picture shifts to the graduation picture with all the students. The close up shows the most (or least) popular students.
    * Title appears again.

Saber Marionette 90210!

1 person likes this.
  17. Black Robed One

Wow, looks great, luvweaver! Can't wait for the third act to finally begin!

I wonder, is it a hint of future Asuka/Snake relationship? Or will Asuka and Snake just team-up against poor Lime and Shinji? Or (most likely) both? Oh, I guess I'll just have to wait and see…

Somewhat off-topic:

The reference to Yakuza reminded me of…

LOL! I didn't like Ghost in the Shell: Innocence much, but this quote of Batou is just great!

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It's a bit of an old post, but i'll quote it anyway.

You're right about one thing. Cherry isn't a princess. (Surprised to hear that from me, Cherry's greatest fan? Here's why: ) She is a goddess. In my eyes she is perfect in every way. No exception. *rambles on for forty-five minutes about how no one sees her as they should*

Anyway, as for the story itself, I'll use most of the message I sent to luvweaver himself.

To luvweaver: Carry on!

19. Black Robed One

Just stopping to say that I've read the story up to chapter 65 (i.e. everything that you've written so far). Well, I did it quite a long time ago, actually, I guess not long after you've posted two last chapters that you've written, but I haven't got to reivew the last chapters I've read until now, baka me!

Anyway, everything was as wonderful as before (I just can't help giving you at least one little compliment per review! ^_^) and I am just dying to read more! The scene with Laser Shootout was lovely, and actually reminded me of the time when I particiapated in Laser Shootout too (actually, it was called "Laser Games" in my home country back then, but I figured out we are thinking about more or less same things here) some five or six years ago. I have never been especially good in them, I must admit, but it was tons of fun for me anyway! And scenes about Lorelei and her mother were oh so very sweet and lovely! In short, I am just dying to read more... Or... Have I already said that?.. [​IMG]

Well, personally I have a feeling that Luvweaver-sama wanted to show us that not everybody is able to find a perfect person who falls in love with him or her. That’s why we have Lime/Shinji and Cherry/Keitaro pairings (at least in the current moment, for I don’t know for how long these pairings will endure, but probably for the rest of Luvweaver-sama’s fanfictional story). And if you look at Keitaro closely, he isn’t such a bad guy; he is just clumsy and abscent-minded (and has a terrible luck when it comes to girls! ^_^), but he also can be rather sweet from time to time. Personally, however, I don’t think that relationship based on pity (i.e. he is lonely, just like I am; and if I reject him I will treat him just like others treated me before) will last long, but then again, what do I know about love?! Virtually nothing, truth to tell.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, even though this fic is an alternate universe, and thus this statement is less applicable, Cherry belongs with one of two people, Otaru or me. Seeing as I will likely not be introduced, Otaru is the one I'm going with. He seems very nice in what little he's had to do in this fanfic. Also:

...Well, I can't find the quote, but in one of the chapters, Otaru tells Cherry he'd like a girlfriend who isn't interested in being popular. Actually, he tells her, not blatantly, but describes the girlfriend he'd like as being very similar to her. I hope this means Luvweaver is planning to get the two of them together. Or that I get introduced and paired with her.:anime: