Saber Marionette Saber Marionette 90210!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Yes, the scene about Cherry and Otaru... (which takes place in Chapter 18 of Saber Marionette 90210. I am not sure whether Luvweaver-sama would mind me putting a part of his story here or not, so I am not doing it; however, you can quite easily find that scene by going to Chapter 18 and then scrolling it a little bellow the middle of it)

...Ano ...Where was I? Oh yeah, the scene about Cherry and Otaru was definately oh so very sweet, but unfortunately, as much as I remember, it is so far the only scene in Saber Marionette 90210 (without counting Cherry's daydreams) where Cherry and Otaru actually talk. Despite this fact, however, this scene could hint to a future Cherry/Otaru pairing, but... Knowing Luvweaver-sama, I expect Otaru to eventually end with Lorelei. When it comes to pairings, Luvweaver-sama is Otaru/Lorelei fan, you know?

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Some clarifications... AND A POLL!

OK, FIRST OF ALL,

allow me to welcome my NEWEST READER! Shinryu!! *fanfarres*

Now, to the answers.

Ok some corrections.
    FIRST. The scene with Cherry / Otaru, maybe you should read it again. But Otaru was talking about him wanting to be with girls who did NOT idolatrize him. He even mentioned that one girl daydreamed about him. HELLO!?!?!? That was Cherry, remember???

So, Otaru's a celebrity, and Cherry's a geek who used to fantasize about him. No, Cherry deserves someone who actually WANTS her. (hee hee hee B-) something more to come next monday - i mean, the next monday after chapter 65. )

And This story is not about Otaru/Lorelei, since the Lorelei of 90210 is very different from the Lorelei of SMJ. Lorelei's just a teenager longing for her lost mother, and i think the least she wants right now is a boyfriend.

Actually, the SMJ Lorelei would actually be Myriam, Lorelei's mom.
    Hey - what do you think of chapters 64 and 65 ppl? Lorelei and mom meeting and their first night together?

Also, here's a Poll!!

Which shoujo-ai lover would you like for Bloodberry?

Rei Ayanami?
    Miss Tamasaburo?
    Panther from the saber dolls?
    Lorelei perhaps? (um... eew?)
    Jasmine, her old schoolmate from whom we know nothing about?
    Amber, the blonde girl from the bar?
    The _EVIL_ brunette woman from the bar, perhaps in an abusive or deceptive relationship?
    Anyone else?

3. Black Robed One

First of all, Luvweaver-sama, I hope that you don't mind my quoting one of Otaru's sentences from your Saber Marionette 90210 story? Anyway...

I remember that too well (And Cherry's reaction to Otaru's mentioning that he heard that there is a girl who daydreams about him! ^_^); but after reading Shinryu-san's post I realized that Otaru's words can be interpretated in two different ways (if they can't, my poor knowledge of English language is to be blamed here):

1) Otaru wishes to have a girlfriend who wouldn't care whether he is popular or not (it was my intitial thought when I read that scene).

2) Otaru wishes to have a girlfiriend who isn't trying to archive popularity herself (I considered this possibility after Shinryu-san first mentioned it in his last post).

Or am I wrong about this?

Only what I have already said, these scenes were oh so very sweet and lovely. Unfortunately, as I am not half as good writer as you are, Luvweaver-sama, I cannot offer you any constructive advice, only my feelings.

Personally, I would really like to see Bloodberry and Panther getting together. I think there is a hope for them as a couple if they will ever manage to settle their differences...
    ...Just as they did in Saber Marionette J Again. Of coruse, they weren't into Shoujo-Ai relations in there.

Bloodberry/Lorelei would be a very good pairing too, especially since they not only became close friends but also had a several very sweet moments together; however, I don't see the possibility for two of them to become a couple after what has happened with them.

P.S.

I have seen that you have already finished writing Chapter 66, Luvweaver-sama, but unfortunately I have no time to read it today.

Also, after seeing the most recent update to your story's table of contents, I have a little question. I hope this story of yours isn't going to end with Chapter 70, is it?

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Now you see where I'm coming from! BRO hit the nail right on the head! In fact, it's still a bit woozy.:anime:

Chapters 64 and 65? I enjoyed reading them, I thought they were very sweet, and you did a great job writing them.

As for a shoujo-ai relationship, I must say that none of those choices appeal to me. Bloodberry deserves better than that, you know?

If I had to suggest someone, perhaps Sylphiel, the underappreciated preistess from Sairaag? Or maybe... I can't think of any others. I don't know if you want to introduce new characters now, but look at it this way. Sylphiel was introduced very late in both Slayers and Slayers Next. I was thinking Lina Inverse, seeing as both have fiery tempers and such, but with Lime's real name being Lina, I figured there might be some confusion.

(Sorry if I'm rude or don't make sense, I'm on both anime and sleep withdrawal right now. My PS2 broke, and I stayed up until 6 am last night.)

1 person likes this.
  5. luvweaver

Oh man! :( I should have listened to my reviewers when they said that I wrote *sloppy* dialogues. OK, here's the *OFFICIAL* answer: (grins)

Otaru was talking about #1. Ta-da!

Please, just luvweaver-san. ANyways, it sounds cuter! ^_^
    Please read it!!! There's an important cliffhanger in there and it is up to _YOU_ readers, vote on how you want it to evolve! (Yeah this is like Big Brother *evil grin*)

Nope. I add chapters by chunks of 5. (in other words, by ROWS).

6. luvweaver

Chatper 66 EVIL cliffhanger: TIGER HIT BY A TRUCK!

^_^ yay!

OK, OK, a _FULL_ relationship (including the s-word then).[/QUOTE]

But thanks for the suggestions, anyway!

Now, for the *OTHER* poll.
    Do you want Tiger to get injured and sent to the hospital or not?

(Read chapter 66 if you don't know what i'm talking about)

Here are the choices:
    If she gets sent to the hospital, the following things can happen:

* General Goddel suspends activities and returns to the house, provoking chaos in the house
    * Dr. Hess gets involved (by some mysterious reason :p ) in Tiger's health.
    * Mysterious secrets unveiled!
    * Tiger gets depressed that maybe God punished her for her sins
    * Church people visiting her, and a VERY POSSIBLE conflict between them and her father, himself! *GASP!*

If she does NOT get sent to the hospital, the following things can happen:

* She gets hit, but only slightly, and still goes to where she intended.
    * Or she doesn't get hit at all.
    * Also, we see more attitude changes in her (more mindf--- as a fan said, heheh) and probably more "normal" conflicts in her sisters
    * The possibility of her rebelling against her father (Escape? Sisters punished? OOhhh evil! )

What will you choose?

If you want Tiger to get hit and sent to hospital with serious injuries, go to page 194.

If you want Tiger to manage to avoid serious injuries, go to page 2.

^_^ lol. Anyway, i wait for your votes!

7. Black Robed One

Hai, Luvweaver-san! ^_^

Thank Lord!

Hmmm… Definitely not an easy question, by my vote goes for Tiger to get injured and sent to the hospital. Why?

Don't get me wrong! I don't hate Tiger (in fact, I view Tiger as a very sweet character, especially since there are a lot of very touching scenes about her), however, I have two reasons to vote this way:

1) I am generally prefer more “realistic” (realism is relative; for example, within X reality it is quite realistic for one of those who is linked with the Battle of Apocalypse to survive the wounds that would kill normal human on spot) anime and fanfictional stories, and thus I don’t particulary like miraculous rescues, magic reset buttons and all such things.

Note: Actually, I am not really sure what exactly is "realistic" for Tiger in your Saber Marionette 90210 story, Luvweaver-san...

2) Tiger’s injury can lead to a vast amount of very interesting possibilities, like Hess’ involvement and/or church people visiting Tiger.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, I read Chapter 66, and I guess I'll play the nice guy. I don't want Tiger to get hit by the truck. Besides not wanting her hurt, it could be a possibility for...

---Religious Mode On---

...her to develop spiritually. Perhaps Mike could tell her that God saved her physically, as he is now trying to save her spiritually.

---Religious Mode Off---

While I'm not an expert on these things, perhaps that would be a better course of action than getting her hit. I don't know though, it's your story, luvweaver, write it how you want. If you want to hit her, go ahead, but if not, then don't feel pressured to by those who say "yes, hit her." I look forward for chapter 67. Also, I'm wondering if you are planning to get through the whole school year? Perhaps end it partway through? I see so many ways for a sequel, even now, before it's finished. Anyway, keep up the good work!

9. luvweaver

Well, I don't know... actually I had more fun getting her in the ambulance. (Sorry, too late! :D )

Hess makes an interesting apparition, and soon will Goddel! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Well, I guess I made the right choice, since [EDIT]Act[/EDIT] 3 is supposed to be fast and full of tension.

Anyway, I'm still trying to fix tids and bits of ch. 67, but I feel i'm getting closer to publishing it - if i have time... ¬¬

AH, I KNOW WHAT WAS MISSING!

More Lorelei/mom/Tamara stuff. Let's see... what's missing... what's missing... AH YES! I have to make some succubus (the bad girl from the bar) scene. I wonder how will her boss treat her when he sees she's failed... who will he be?

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

I think i need a mad scientist (no, not Hess. ANOTHER one :p ) who plants to take revenge on the govt... nah. Too cliché.

Anyway I had this idea originally for Lorelei's mom... the idea was that she would end up in some kind of convent, but then I remembered so many soap operas had already boarded that subject... i wonder what the heck i was thinking about. ^^;;;

Hee hee hee... well my problem is that I write too much in too little space. So when I'm going to the next event, I already hit the 15 or 20K limit on the chapter. (That's about the time you spend watching an anime episode).

So yeah i kinda get desperate. I think these will be the last 2 weeks (story time). I don't think i'd be able to write any more stuff... @.@

I just hope these 2 weeks fit in the remaining 20/25 chapters. :(

Wish me luck everybody! :D

10. Black Robed One

Oh my, just 2 more weeks and 20/25 more chapters?! [​IMG]

But as far as I understood your problem, Luvweaver-san, it is in you lack of space on your site, isn't it? Have you considered possible solutions for this problem? For example, you could create a sister site and post the rest of your Saber Marionette 90210 fanfictional story and/or a sequel to your Saber Marionette 90210 fanfictional story in there; or you could post the rest of your Saber Marionette 90210 fanfictional story and/or a sequel to your Saber Marionette 90210 fanfictional story at fanfiction.net. Or are both these options unaccpetable for some reason?

P.S.

If I misunderstood your problem, Luvweaver-san, gomen nasai, please forgive me.

11. luvweaver

:confused: Oh, no no... you got it wrong! What I mean is that 25 chapters are too little space for writing 2 weeks of storyline!

Sorry if i got you confused. :p

Anyway, yes, it's very little time... UNLESS... the last 25 chapters are 30K long! Ugh.
    Let's see what i can do about it... *thinks* *thinks more*
    :dizzy2: I don't know, I give up. I hope I can come out with an idea to make the last 25 chapters both interesting and without losing my style.

Thou art excused. :D

12. Reisti Skalchaste

This will be a bit long-winded, but it will resolve the ongoing disagreement by me of the Cherry/Keitaro pairing.

While I was reading your fanfic, luvweaver, I found myself cursing the stupidity of adolesence. I mean, Cherry is overlooked because she has small breasts, right? Never mind the fact that she is kind, sweet, caring, responsible, intelligent, beautiful... I could go on all day singing her virtues, but I'll get to the point. The fact is, she is a perfect example of humanity at it's best, and yet, she is ignored due to her lack of "endowments."

Keitaro, while I don't agree with your pairing him with Cherry, seems to be the only person in your fanfic who appreciates her for who she is. While I don't like him very much, in this fanfic, he seems to be the best choice. So, again, I will say: It's your fanfic, luvweaver, write it how you wish. While I don't agree or even like the pairing of Cherry/Keitaro, it seems to be the best one possible for her at this time. Unless, of course, you plan on adding me. Anyway, knowing you, you will end up putting them together. If they weren't going to get together, you wouldn't have written the whole thing about him, right?

As a side note, though, Keitaro lived at Hinata house in his anime. I'm wondering, does he live there in your fanfic? If so, wouldn't he be kept too busy, (and injured) by Naru, Shinobu, and the others to worry about Cherry? I would certainly think so. If I recall, when they went camping he thought (only 1 more year until I can get into Tokyo U) when you introduced him. Would this be his first year as a ronin, before he left home, his second, when he had recently arrived at Hinata House? Or one later than that?

13. luvweaver

On Keitaro

Keep in mind that in Love Hina, Keitaro is 21 when he gets transferred to Hinata Inn. And he had already presented the test for college, twice.

In my fic he's 16. Or 17? Dunno :p

[/QUOTE]

14. Reisti Skalchaste

I didn't realize he was twenty-one! I figured 19 or less! I have only read the first manga, and haven't seen the anime Love Hina. Anyway, remember his reason for wanting to go to Tokyo U. To meet up with that girl from his childhood, right? I don't suppose you've got him thinking she's Cherry, have you?

15. luvweaver

Well, in my universe maybe he didn't made that promise AT ALL...

yet ;)

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Ahh... right, this IS an Alternate Universe, after all. Well, you know where I stand, and I really can't offer any more rational arguments, even putting aside the fact that it's YOUR story, and you can write it however you want. I just... can't accept that couple, and I've run out of ways to explain why. So, I'll leave you to it.

17. Black Robed One

Since Luvweaver-san didn't announce it, I'll do his work for him...

Chapter 67 is finally up!!! Yay!!!

18. luvweaver

Chapter 68 UP! :3

Finally, after nearly a month of inactivity, I could publish the next chapter! Yay!

In this chapter, Goddel meets Hess! How is Tiger doing? Finally Myriam finds out about what happened during the last 16 years.

What? A secret military base below Lorelei's house? You've gotta be kidding!

(AND MORE! Don't miss Chapter 68!! "Welcome?" )

19. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Wonderful chapter!. I wonder where will go this story.

20. Black Robed One

Yeah, great chapter, Luvweaver-san!